Start by marking “Silver's Bane” as Want to Read:
Silver's Bane

Silver's Bane (Shadowlands #2)

3.66 of 5 stars 3.66  ·  rating details  ·  265 ratings  ·  13 reviews
THROUGH THE SHADOWLANDS: Where the touch of silver was Protection, Power and Peril...AN OTHERWORLDLY INTRIGUE...With the courts of both the Sidhe's Otherworld and the mortals' Shadowlands in contention, nothing seems safe anymore. Now blacksmith's daughter Nessa is caught up in political and military intrigues that might loose the goblin horde. Widowed queen Cecily is figh ...more
Published June 1st 2005 by Luna Books (first published 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Silver's Bane, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Silver's Bane

Felicity
Just like the other one, this is almost a good fantasy book but . . not quite. It also has a ton of lengthily described ritual sex, which may or may not be a recommendation. A sense of humor would have made these books immensely more bearable, but as it is they're just so incredibly Serious that they're tough to take.
Lacy♪ ♫Movements of a Demigod ♪ ♫
I loved this epic fantasy. It is magical and the world is positively enchanting. It was so full of intrigue that I couldn't put it down. This is the series that really brought me into the world of fairies and started my obsession with Luna books.
Karissa
Great book. The characters though a lot are all greatly written and woven to each other. Bring you to different worlds in just one book. Even better then Silver's Edge.
Libby
what a great sequel in this trilogy! The first book left me wanting more and Ms. Kelleher surely delivered in this second installment of the Silver's series!
Autumn Hanna
this is a very nice read
Kristen
Silver's Bane is a detailed, sweeping epic story of a battle - a series of battles really - between the mortal and Faerie realms. Although the style of the book is similar to the Lord of the Rings trilogy, in this book the women play a much more substantial role, and are leaders, warriors and sages equal to, and in several cases more than, the male characters.

The book is exciting and interesting, with lots of detail about the people, places and history of all the characters and their back storie
Beth (moonivy)
Aug 09, 2007 Beth (moonivy) rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: fantasy romance readers.
Read 8/7 - 8/9/07

Silver's Bane is the sequel to Silver's Edge. The book continues to relate the intertwinned stories of Nessa, a blacksmith's daughter, Cecily, a dutchess and putative queen and Delphinea, the Fae lady-in-waiting who is (perhaps) the true Faerie Queen, as they struggle to avert the horrors
that threaten the mortal world and Faerie. This second book is much more cohesive and the threads of the story that the first book set up are quite well interlaced and drawn out to interesting c
Anafielle
Less mediocre end to a mediocre series. Interesting if brainless beach reading.

Everyone ends up happily ever after blah blah blah. Honestly the most compelling fate of all was Alemantine's. It's too bad the author didn't have the guts to actually harm anyone else besides making them end up less pretty (my heart bleeds).

What was up with the last chapter? Wow, it went all.... crazy. I have no problem with the content but that was just out of the blue. Like the author was saying "Hey guys, here was
Colleen
Katie Lorsch
I'm trying to read through my outrageously huge book stash so that I only have books that I have read and really love. This was a series I picked up when I worked at a bookstore, so I a finally working through them. Nothing I would recommend. It's confusing at times, for which fantasy books tend to be guilty, and I didn't really care about any of the characters.
Orinshi
This is one of those forgettable fantasies that you read in a couple days that you are aware that you did actual read it at one time. For the life of me, other then dealing with the realm of fey, I don't remember a single compelling aspect to it.
On the bright said, I don't remember anything bad about it so it would probably make a good fluff read.
Pamela
Mar 20, 2008 Pamela rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: fantasy lovers
Shelves: fantasy
Annie continues to win readers hearts with her original and wondrous use of language and mythology to create a unique and wondrous world. Her characters are interesting and this entry in the series never disappoints.
Julie
The sequel to Silver's Edge, I really loved it and how all the stories of the different "worlds" intertwined in the end.
Sweet Chickadee
Sweet Chickadee marked it as to-read
Jan 22, 2015
Edith Lanam
Edith Lanam marked it as to-read
Jan 05, 2015
Hillary Weis
Hillary Weis marked it as to-read
Jan 04, 2015
Larissa
Larissa marked it as to-read
Dec 30, 2014
Pranesh Sreekantan
Pranesh Sreekantan marked it as to-read
Dec 29, 2014
Risky
Risky marked it as to-read
Dec 28, 2014
Shannon
Shannon marked it as to-read
Dec 27, 2014
Cassie
Cassie marked it as to-read
Dec 27, 2014
Michelle
Michelle marked it as to-read
Dec 18, 2014
  • Gossamyr (Changelings, #2)
  • On Fire's Wings (Final Dance, #1)
  • The Destined Queen (Umbria, #2)
  • Song of Unmaking (White Magic, #2)
  • Shadows of Prophecy
  • Sorceress of Faith (The Summoning #2)
  • For Camelot's Honor (The Paths to Camelot, #2)
  • The Compass Rose (One Rose Trilogy, #1)
  • The Dawn Star (Lost Continent, #3)
  • Voice of Crow (Aspect of Crow, #2)
Born and raised at the South Jersey shore, Anne holds a BA from Johns Hopkins University in Medieval Studies and has studied English language and literature at the University of Connecticut and Storytelling and Oral Traditions at the Institute for Graduate Studies. The mother of four, Anne now resides in Connecticut and Hawaii. Find out more at www.annekelleher.com.
More about Anne Kelleher...

Shadowlands (3 books)
  • Silver's Edge (Shadowlands, #1)
  • Silver's Lure
Silver's Edge (Shadowlands, #1) Silver's Lure How David Met Sarah A Once and Future Love The Highwayman (Irish Eyes, #10)