Start by marking “Silver's Bane” as Want to Read:
Silver's Bane

Silver's Bane (Shadowlands #2)

THROUGH THE SHADOWLANDS: Where the touch of silver was Protection, Power and Peril...AN OTHERWORLDLY INTRIGUE...With the courts of both the Sidhe's Otherworld and the mortals' Shadowlands in contention, nothing seems safe anymore. Now blacksmith's daughter Nessa is caught up in political and military intrigues that might loose the goblin horde. Widowed queen Cecily is figh ...more
Published June 1st 2005 by Luna Books

To ask other readers questions about Silver's Bane, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Silver's Bane

Briana
Jun 22, 2015 Briana rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Just as exciting as the first book!

Nessa is a quality, complex character I found myself wanting to know more and more about. I am happy with how her story ended.

There were so many twists and turns in this novel, I don't even know where to begin to talk about what I liked and didn't like and still not give anything away. I will say, however, that this novel kept me guessing and intrigued clear up to the end.

There was a fairly detailed sex scene that, while written well, detracted from the story.
Felicity
Sep 20, 2012 Felicity rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Just like the other one, this is almost a good fantasy book but . . not quite. It also has a ton of lengthily described ritual sex, which may or may not be a recommendation. A sense of humor would have made these books immensely more bearable, but as it is they're just so incredibly Serious that they're tough to take.
Lacy♪ ♫Movements of a Demigod ♪ ♫
I loved this epic fantasy. It is magical and the world is positively enchanting. It was so full of intrigue that I couldn't put it down. This is the series that really brought me into the world of fairies and started my obsession with Luna books.
Autumn Hanna
Jul 29, 2011 Autumn Hanna rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
this is a very nice read
Karissa
Aug 06, 2010 Karissa rated it really liked it
Great book. The characters though a lot are all greatly written and woven to each other. Bring you to different worlds in just one book. Even better then Silver's Edge.
Libby
Dec 13, 2013 Libby rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
what a great sequel in this trilogy! The first book left me wanting more and Ms. Kelleher surely delivered in this second installment of the Silver's series!
Carrie
Apr 06, 2015 Carrie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Loved it!
Kristen
Silver's Bane is a detailed, sweeping epic story of a battle - a series of battles really - between the mortal and Faerie realms. Although the style of the book is similar to the Lord of the Rings trilogy, in this book the women play a much more substantial role, and are leaders, warriors and sages equal to, and in several cases more than, the male characters.

The book is exciting and interesting, with lots of detail about the people, places and history of all the characters and their back storie
Beth (moonivy)
Aug 05, 2007 Beth (moonivy) rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: fantasy romance readers.
Read 8/7 - 8/9/07

Silver's Bane is the sequel to Silver's Edge. The book continues to relate the intertwinned stories of Nessa, a blacksmith's daughter, Cecily, a dutchess and putative queen and Delphinea, the Fae lady-in-waiting who is (perhaps) the true Faerie Queen, as they struggle to avert the horrors
that threaten the mortal world and Faerie. This second book is much more cohesive and the threads of the story that the first book set up are quite well interlaced and drawn out to interesting c
Colleen
Anafielle
Aug 12, 2012 Anafielle rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, erotica
Less mediocre end to a mediocre series. Interesting if brainless beach reading.

Everyone ends up happily ever after blah blah blah. Honestly the most compelling fate of all was Alemantine's. It's too bad the author didn't have the guts to actually harm anyone else besides making them end up less pretty (my heart bleeds).

What was up with the last chapter? Wow, it went all.... crazy. I have no problem with the content but that was just out of the blue. Like the author was saying "Hey guys, here was
MelissaK
Dec 17, 2015 MelissaK rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Well I only read this book because I'd already bought it with the first. There was one good sex scene, not love scene, and a couple more scenes but nothing impressive. Everything wrapped up, but nothing was very imaginative. Just sweeping up all the ends into a dust pan to clean up after a kind of boring story that could have had a lot more potential if it'd been more polished and had more fleshed out characters. I usually really like clean endings, but this book left me totally unsatisfied. The ...more
Orinshi
Apr 16, 2009 Orinshi rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This is one of those forgettable fantasies that you read in a couple days that you are aware that you did actual read it at one time. For the life of me, other then dealing with the realm of fey, I don't remember a single compelling aspect to it.
On the bright said, I don't remember anything bad about it so it would probably make a good fluff read.
Katie Lorsch
Aug 17, 2011 Katie Lorsch rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
I'm trying to read through my outrageously huge book stash so that I only have books that I have read and really love. This was a series I picked up when I worked at a bookstore, so I a finally working through them. Nothing I would recommend. It's confusing at times, for which fantasy books tend to be guilty, and I didn't really care about any of the characters.
Pamela
Feb 04, 2008 Pamela rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: fantasy lovers
Shelves: fantasy
Annie continues to win readers hearts with her original and wondrous use of language and mythology to create a unique and wondrous world. Her characters are interesting and this entry in the series never disappoints.
Julie
May 22, 2009 Julie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The sequel to Silver's Edge, I really loved it and how all the stories of the different "worlds" intertwined in the end.
Emily Jepsen
Lengthy descriptions of ritual and non ritual sex don't make for a good story.
Amy Farley
Amy Farley rated it did not like it
Sep 26, 2014
Joole
Joole rated it liked it
Jun 22, 2015
Alison (Lady Coffin) S
Alison (Lady Coffin) S rated it really liked it
Feb 08, 2013
Clara Freetly
Clara Freetly rated it it was ok
Dec 21, 2016
Christine
Christine rated it it was ok
Jul 03, 2008
Naomi
Naomi rated it liked it
Sep 19, 2009
Kimberly
Kimberly rated it liked it
Jan 22, 2012
Amor
Amor rated it really liked it
Apr 18, 2013
Lindsey
Lindsey rated it really liked it
Jul 12, 2012
Mariam
Mariam rated it it was amazing
Jun 29, 2013
Amanda
Amanda rated it really liked it
Jun 07, 2011
Krista
Krista rated it really liked it
Aug 05, 2013
Matthew
Matthew rated it liked it
Sep 02, 2012
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Sep 23, 2015 07:38AM
  • Gossamyr (Changelings, #2)
  • In Stone's Clasp (Final Dance, #2)
  • The Destined Queen (Umbria, #2)
  • Song of Unmaking
  • Shadows of Prophecy
  • Sorceress of Faith (The Summoning #2)
  • The Dawn Star (Lost Continent, #3)
  • For Camelot's Honor (The Paths to Camelot, #2)
  • Voice of Crow (Aspect of Crow, #2)
  • The Barbed Rose (One Rose Trilogy, #2)
  • Shield of the Sky (Stone God, #1)
Born and raised at the South Jersey shore, Anne holds a BA from Johns Hopkins University in Medieval Studies and has studied English language and literature at the University of Connecticut and Storytelling and Oral Traditions at the Institute for Graduate Studies. The mother of four, Anne now resides in Connecticut and Hawaii. Find out more at www.annekelleher.net.
More about Anne Kelleher...

Shadowlands (3 books)
  • Silver's Edge (Shadowlands, #1)
  • Silver's Lure