Start by marking “Classic (It Girl, #10)” as Want to Read:
Classic (It Girl, #10)

Classic (It Girl #10)

4.01 of 5 stars 4.01  ·  rating details  ·  2,270 ratings  ·  68 reviews
It's almost Valentine's Day at Waverly Academy, and love is in the air...and in everyone's inboxes. Each year, The Waverly Computer Society runs Perfect Match, an online personality survey that pairs up Waverly Owls with their supposed soul mates. Now the campus is overrun with peculiar pairings, odd couples, and mischief makers hoping to play Cupid for a day.

Jenny Humphre
Published June 1st 2010 by Poppy

To ask other readers questions about Classic, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Classic

I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have to Kill You by Ally CarterCross My Heart and Hope to Spy by Ally CarterOnly the Good Spy Young by Ally CarterDon't Judge a Girl by Her Cover by Ally CarterMegan Meade's Guide to the McGowan Boys by Kate Brian
Just Normal Girls...Only Luckier
71st out of 214 books — 372 voters
Spirit Bound by Richelle MeadLast Sacrifice by Richelle MeadClockwork Angel by Cassandra ClareMockingjay by Suzanne CollinsThe Reckoning by Kelley Armstrong
YA Novels of 2010
278th out of 622 books — 2,681 voters

More lists with this book...

Manoja K.
Sab:)
A great ending to a great series. I'm so sad to see the It Girl done but also kind of glad it wasn't spread out so much like Private or something. I first read the It Girl in 7th grade and stopped after that then took up the series after it had ended.

It's Valentine's Day at Waverly and the school goes all out on the celebration with events for the whole week and Perfect Match, which drives some people (Brett) crazy and others joyful. Callie has to decide between Brandon and Easy, Jenny comes to
Tiny Pants
It is going to be so, so, so hard for me to write a spoiler-free review of this book, but I feel I must -- I've been way too indulgent in that regard lately. Suffice to say, this book was a mixed bag for me, but one huge con was one single misstep that generates a lack of continuity with the Gossip Girl series and sacrifices (for me at least) a lot of the believability of that otherwise relatively seamless fictive world.

Come on, Alloy, can't you do better than that?!?! I mean, back in the day S
Michael
I'm actually sad this is the last book out of the series. The last pages were kind of hard to finish, because I didn't want to finish the book but I force myself too. It was kind like losing a friend, a rich-fabulous-trashy friend of course.

The book starts out with Easy Walsh(surprisingly) because it always starts out with Jenny. The book is probably the best in my opinion out of the series. I did feel bad for Brandon and I still find Callie annoying, it made me said make your mind? which guy d
Brittany
It's Valentine's day at Waverly, and everyone is paired up for that week, thanks to the Perfect Match system. Everyone's happy....or are they? Jenny Humphries thought she can spend the whole week with her perfect boyfriend, Isaac Dresdsen, the dean's son. But things don't go well at the Valentine's Dance where Isaac's girlfriend, Molly, showed up and Jenny realized that Isaac was nothing more than a liar and she ran out of the Ball, but before she ran back to Dumbarton, she looked at her friend ...more
Jenny / Wondrous Reads
Classic is the tenth and final novel in the It Girl series, and is a great end to what is definitely one of my all-time favourite series. There's all the usual drama I've become accustomed to, as well as brilliantly funny dialogue (Heath Ferro should be immortalised forever), new scandals and a look at the many Waverly relationships.

Classic sees Jenny Humphrey's last semester of her first year at Waverly, and as usual nothing runs smoothly. Valentine's Day brings brings with a whole host of stre
Rachelccameron
Oh no it's over! Through this whole challenge I have made my way through this 10 book series (THANK YOU uncommon letter :) ), and now I'm finally done. These books are all light, teen lit, without much substance too them, but I still found them enjoyable. The only carry over characters from the original Gossip Girl series are Jenny and her family (Rufus and Dan). I don't know why I still like reading about people in high school, but I do... maybe it is because they remind me more of people/mysel ...more
Virginia
A fond and well-wrought farewell to this sweet, warm-hearted series filled with fun and lovable characters. Everyone ended up roughly where they should be, which is to be expected, since the series is ending but the characters still have a couple more years at Waverly ahead of them. The Jenny Humphrey of the books is so completely different to that exskanktioned airhead of the GG tv show that the two are similar in name only. The real Jenny is a charming, winsome heroine who has allied herself w ...more
Su
Finally, it's all over.
To be honest, I was kind of hoping for some epic moments in this book, but I didn't hate the ending anyway.
(view spoiler)

by Cecily von Ziegesar
226 pages
Poppy $9.99
ISBN 0316073954

The Waverly Academy girls are not feelin' the love. They are all in a frenzy. Love is in the air. Valentine's Day is just around the corner but all their relationships are going haywire. What is a girl to do with so many cute boys milling about and new ones shipped every year to keep things interesting? How could one anchor one in and keep it from flying away?

Jenny has the hottest (and newest at school) boyfr
Karen
Classic
Hachette Book Group 237 Park Avenue, New York, NY 10017
Cecily von Ziegesar
$9.99 Pages.224
ISBN: 9780316073950

Imagine if you transferred to a different school and the first thing you had to go through is drama. Classic is the last novel in the it girl novel written by Cecily von Ziegesar. In this last thrilling novel there were many changes among the characters, and more dramas than before. Cecily von Ziegesar has written many more books such as, Gossip Girl the Caryles, and the Gossip Girl
Heather (Heather Hearts Books) Kilpatrick
Kellyisobelly Flowers
As I mentioned the 'series' in a review off The Devil Wears Prada I figured I should review this book too. I liked the series a lot, I should of course not forget to mention that I started reading this when I was a little younger, around the age of 13, when everything involving scandal and pearls seemed marvelous. But I finished 'Klassiek' (Classic) this year and I was saddened it was over. Cecily von Ziegesar is a lovely author, but finishing this series I knew it was enough for now. I watch Go ...more
Jennifer Wardrip
Reviewed by Jaglvr for TeensReadToo.com

Be prepared, readers. CLASSIC, the tenth IT GIRL novel, is the final chapter in the series, according to the back of the book.

Jan Plan is ending and the gang at Waverly is finally coming off probation. After the crazy party that went totally awry at the Dean's house in the last novel, the students have basically been on house arrest with little contact between the sexes. The school term is just about to begin, and Valentine's Day is only a week away.

Waverly
Bianca
So sad to finally see the ending of this book series! I read most of it in the span of like a week, but I feel like I've gotten to know these characters well, as if I really spent an entire school year with them. It feels weird not knowing what's going to happen next. I will miss them all, no kidding. I liked the ending too. I think everything was wrapped up in an alls-well-that-ends-well kind of thing and I liked it. I'm rambling, but I am really sad to see this end.
Leah
This book was gifted to me by a friend who knew I loved books but wasn't sure what type of books I liked to read (a gift card would have done wonders at this point!). It's the thought that counts, of course, and I was genuinely happy to see that she picked out a book for me to read. However, I'd never read the series and she just so happened to get me the last book of the series and well, haha, I don't know. Oddly enough, it was an okay read. Nothing I would read again, for sure - but that's jus ...more
Léna
C'était le dernier tome et je suis très triste...

Comme d'habitude, le livre tourne autour d'un évènement majeur du pensionnat et cette fois c'est la St Valentin. Sauf que les deux nouveaux, les enfants du nouveau directeur) vont compliquer les plans de Jenny, Beth et Tinsley. Callie, elle, est encore et toujours prise entre Elias et Brandon.

C'était une très belle fin, exactement comme celle qu'on s'attendrait à voir dans un film. On constate que Jenny a un peu grandi depuis le tome 1 (après tou
Danielle
In the final book of the it girls series, it's valentines day. The characters are all set up by perfect match, the schools make making system. Some of them end up in the end exactly where they should have been all along, some ended up with who you would have least expected. All the main girls (Jenny, Callie, Tinsley, and Brett) all end up with their own happy ending, all better off then they were at the beginning of the school year.

I have to say I am sad that this series has ended. I've been rea
Luke
Classic is the tenth and final book in The It Girl series created by Cecily von Ziegesar.

After finishing this book, I was deeply sad. It was because this book was the last in the It Girl series. It would've been cool if their was another It Girl planned, maybe being the length of Gossip Girl: It Had To Be You, which is 400-something pages, and it tells us what happens to each character when returning to Waverly. It's possible.

I am going to miss each of the character: Jenny, Callie, Brett, Tinsle
Thea
I can't believe that I read this whole series in just a month. I didn't think I'd like it either, but I did. Jenny is Jenny and the peek into her stay at boarding school was just what I thought it would be. Drama filled. its was a quick read and though I wish it was longer I am okay with its ending.
Mathura
I'm sad to see the series end but at the same time I'm certain that I won't be missing some of the more annoying aspects (the brand name dropping - constantly).

I was disappointed that the couple that I was invested in didn't work out but I suppose they weren't pivotal to the series. The end pairings didn't seem very unexpected, which I guess is good (maybe the end isn't a good time for surprises). Some character arcs were wrapped up nicely, though others fell short.

I loved the idea of the Perfe
Kennan Hickman
Dramatic, girly high school "love" story type of book. I personally didn't really like it because of how superficial it all is.
Leeyo
I like how the relationships of the characters in the book intertwined. Great story of a friendship and teen romance.
Aileen
This ending was just everything I wanted
Alex
I'm so bummed that all of my guilty pleasure teen books have ended this year/last year. Gossip Girl and its spinoff The Carlyles, A-List and its spinoff Hollywood Royalty, the Clique is ending with its next book, and now It Girl. These weren't literary masterpieces by any stretch of the imagination, but they were so nice to read when I needed a break from reality and wanted to read about spoiled, rich teens.

As a final book, this was kind of lame - I expected a lot more. But I will miss reading t
Heather
I didn't like the ending, I want more.
Tiffany
The last of the IT girl books... I have never been a really big fan of Jenny Humphrey, so I'm not even sure what made me start this series in the first place. The only character I feel even a bit close to is Brett, and since her storyline was in turmoil again, I kept reading for her. It was a really good girly read, nice to have after a stressful week. But I am kind of glad I don't have to read about Jenny Humphrey any more...
Karen
Ah, the end of the Gossip Girl/It Girl saga. It was fun while it lasted. I will say they would have been wise to put this one out before the last GG novel, which falls later in time than this one. It's kind of hard to get excited to know what happens to Jenny in this when you already know what life is going to be like for her years later. It was a good wrap up for the rest of the Waverly gang, though.

You know you love me.

XOXO
Andi
This has been one of my guilty pleasures since it was released. It's had its ups and downs but this finale was a great end to the series. Don't expect anything unique. This is the usual tween/young adult cliche book(s) about high school life. Complete with laughs, loves, friendships... the works. Still a very enjoyable read to pass the time or get out of a reading slump.
what happens in classic (It Girl,#10) to jenny? 1 21 Sep 17, 2010 08:45PM
last book? 2 26 Jul 15, 2010 03:24AM
  • Pure Sin (Privilege, #5)
  • California Dreaming (A-List, #10)
  • Crazy Hot (The Au Pairs, #4)
Cecily grew up in Manhattan and went to an all-girl's school on the Upper East Side.
She resides in Brooklyn with her husband Richard, the Deputy Director of the Public Art Fund, their children, Agnes and Oscar, and their two Cornish Rex cats. Von Ziegesar also owns an Appaloosa horse, Golden Rain. She is dreams of having a 'ranch full of cattle' when retired.

More about Cecily von Ziegesar...

It Girl (10 books)
  • The It Girl (It Girl, #1)
  • Notorious (It Girl, #2)
  • Reckless (It Girl, #3)
  • Unforgettable (It Girl, #4)
  • Lucky (It Girl, #5)
  • Tempted (It Girl, #6)
  • Infamous (It Girl, #7)
  • Adored (It Girl, #8)
  • Devious (It Girl, #9)
Gossip Girl (Gossip Girl, #1) You Know You Love Me (Gossip Girl, #2) You're the One That I Want (Gossip Girl, #6) All I Want is Everything (Gossip Girl, #3) Because I'm Worth It (Gossip Girl, #4)