Start by marking “Dreamland (Dreamland, #1)” as Want to Read:
Dreamland (Dreamland, #1)

Dreamland (Dreamland #1)

3.83 of 5 stars 3.83  ·  rating details  ·  960 ratings  ·  27 reviews
The masters of astonishing military technology that enables them to deploy almost instantaneously to any part of the Earth, the Dreamland team must now stop a dangerous revolution in the making in Eastern Europe ? where a mysterious group of insurgents has blown up an essential pipeline, thereby disrupting Europe's gas supply. With NATO and the EU paralyzed by the crisis, ...more
Audio CD, 0 pages
Published October 1st 2008 by Brilliance Audio (first published June 1st 2001)

To ask other readers questions about Dreamland, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dreamland

Bob Conner
Dale Brown had me with Flight of the Old Dog and he doesn't believe in catch and release. Another awesome read from Brown and the very effective use of continuation of main characters.

When I read Dale Brown, I'm always awed by his technical knowledge, but even more intriguing is his almost clairvoyant ability to write stories that seem to connect with future events.

I find I'm always watching for new releases by Brown.
Heather
I enjoyed the story but it was a little too technical for me. While I enjoy a good military suspense I want a little more to the story and not as much detail about every single plane. I understand this is the first in the series so I will give the next one a try and see if as the series grows some of the technical explanations take a back seat to the storyline.
Sally Witt
I love Dale Brown's books and this one was so good. Very rich relationships and technical details that kept me right in the story. Excellent!
Dennis
Nothing heavy here just great writing and a roller coaster story. Brown's books are always a lot of fun and he knows his stuff. If you like military thrillers then you'll like Dale Brown.
Maryanne
Dreamland 03122008 (Dale Browns Dreamland 1) (Paperback)
by Dale Brown (Author), Jim DeFelice (Author)
Mick Bird
A great start to the series, read it before and looking forward to getting the remaining books soon
Herb
It was ok as military books go. To technical in places. Would recommend to read.
Rob
Decent read. I've been finding the Dreamland series in bits and pieces while deployed, so I'm reading them out of order somewhat. Dale Brown has always had a good writing style, I was hooked on his series right after I read Flight of the Old Dog. I'm not really sure collaboration works well in writing. I've read sci-fi (Rama series) as well as some of the Clancy co-wrote novels and didn't enjoy them as much as the ones written solely by Clarke or Clancy. Might just be a personal thing, but thoug ...more
Bill
A little far out - but good.
Pete
After Kushiel's Chosen, which took me about three weeks to read, I was looking for a page turner. Dale Brown delivered yet again. In a nice change from others in the list, there is little political intrigue, which had been getting more and more ridiculous, and had made me decide that this would be the last book, if it kept up. Thankfully, Brown kept it to the stuff he knows, airplanes and bang-bang, so I will keep going.
Ultan
Cactuskid
Dreamland is the advanced aerospace weapons testing facility in Nevada and the Pentagon is looking for an excuse to shut it down. Lt. Bastian is sent in to try to keep it open but a war zone opens up and he has to send his pilot daughter into the combat zone to do a rescue. Lots of technical stuff in his books.
Mark
Typical Brown fare...I have enjoyed other parts of his series so I'm taking a shot at this one...planes, tech devices and world trouble spots all in one place in an explosive mixture of suspense and military mayhem...good fun!!!
Colin
always an excellent author have not read one yet that I didnt like
Jay
I have read a few of these books in the past. Always enjoyed Dale Brown's writing. Military fiction at its best. Decided to go back and read the first of the Dreamland series of books.
John
A highly technical thriller about secret aviation devices and the people who operate them including a love story of sorts. Interesting, but not my type of novel.
Greg
Not sold on the collaborations with Jim DeFelice. Definitely a different flavor on a familiar theme.
Jim
Interesting reading and so far fetched no real thought is involved, just good entertainment.
Juli
Good book to read when spending endless hours in airports... mindless entertainment...
Antonia
Very current military thriller. Kept me entertained at the hospital.
Karla
First on in series - too technical - lots of experimental airplanes
Russ Biaggi
Another great Dale Brown Book and now time to start another....
Clyn
Typical Dale Brown, exciting, intriguing and addicting.
Pam Starbuck
Not my favorite author. Too much military jargon.
Alfred
Alfred marked it as to-read
Jul 25, 2015
Wylie
Wylie is currently reading it
Jul 24, 2015
Felicia
Felicia marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2015
  • Larry Bond's First Team (Larry Bond's First Team, #1)
  • The Intruders (Jake Grafton, #2)
  • Sea Strike (Amanda Garrett, #2)
  • Force of Eagles (Jack Locke, #2)
  • Steel Tiger (Wings of War, #2)
Former U.S. Air Force captain Dale Brown is the superstar author of eleven consecutive New York Times best-selling military-action-aviation adventure novels: FLIGHT OF THE OLD DOG (1987), SILVER TOWER (1988), DAY OF THE CHEETAH (1989), HAMMERHEADS (1990), SKY MASTERS (1991), NIGHT OF THE HAWK (1992), CHAINS OF COMMAND (1993), STORMING HEAVEN (1994), SHADOWS OF STEEL (1996) and FATAL TERRAIN (1997) ...more
More about Dale Brown...

Dreamland (1 - 10 of 16 books)
  • Nerve Center (Dreamland, #2)
  • Razor's Edge (Dreamland, #3)
  • Piranha (Dreamland, #4)
  • Strike Zone (Dreamland, #5)
  • Armageddon (Dreamland, #6)
  • Satan's Tail (Dreamland, #7)
  • End Game (Dreamland, #8)
  • Retribution (Dreamland, #9)
  • Revolution (Dreamland, #10)
  • Whiplash (Dreamland, #11)
Flight of the Old Dog (Patrick McLanahan, #1) Day of the Cheetah (Patrick McLanahan, #4) The Tin Man (Patrick McLanahan, #7) Sky Masters (Patrick McLanahan, #3) Hammer Heads