Start by marking “Dreamland (Dreamland, #1)” as Want to Read:
Dreamland (Dreamland, #1)

Dreamland (Dreamland #1)

3.86  ·  Rating Details  ·  1,148 Ratings  ·  31 Reviews
The masters of astonishing military technology that enables them to deploy almost instantaneously to any part of the Earth, the Dreamland team must now stop a dangerous revolution in the making in Eastern Europe ? where a mysterious group of insurgents has blown up an essential pipeline, thereby disrupting Europe's gas supply. With NATO and the EU paralyzed by the crisis, ...more
Audio CD, 0 pages
Published October 1st 2008 by Brilliance Audio (first published June 1st 2001)

To ask other readers questions about Dreamland, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dreamland

Ralph
May 15, 2016 Ralph rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audio
4.0 out of 5 - Action packed military thriller reminiscent of early Tom Clancy.
Maryanne
Dreamland 03122008 (Dale Browns Dreamland 1) (Paperback)
by Dale Brown (Author), Jim DeFelice (Author)
Bob Conner
Jan 18, 2015 Bob Conner rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: military-war
Dale Brown had me with Flight of the Old Dog and he doesn't believe in catch and release. Another awesome read from Brown and the very effective use of continuation of main characters.

When I read Dale Brown, I'm always awed by his technical knowledge, but even more intriguing is his almost clairvoyant ability to write stories that seem to connect with future events.

I find I'm always watching for new releases by Brown.
Heather
I enjoyed the story but it was a little too technical for me. While I enjoy a good military suspense I want a little more to the story and not as much detail about every single plane. I understand this is the first in the series so I will give the next one a try and see if as the series grows some of the technical explanations take a back seat to the storyline.
Sally Witt
Feb 24, 2015 Sally Witt rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love Dale Brown's books and this one was so good. Very rich relationships and technical details that kept me right in the story. Excellent!
Dennis
Jul 22, 2014 Dennis rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Nothing heavy here just great writing and a roller coaster story. Brown's books are always a lot of fun and he knows his stuff. If you like military thrillers then you'll like Dale Brown.
Mick Bird
May 07, 2015 Mick Bird rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A great start to the series, read it before and looking forward to getting the remaining books soon
Herb
Aug 22, 2014 Herb rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was ok as military books go. To technical in places. Would recommend to read.
Rob
Nov 17, 2011 Rob rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Decent read. I've been finding the Dreamland series in bits and pieces while deployed, so I'm reading them out of order somewhat. Dale Brown has always had a good writing style, I was hooked on his series right after I read Flight of the Old Dog. I'm not really sure collaboration works well in writing. I've read sci-fi (Rama series) as well as some of the Clancy co-wrote novels and didn't enjoy them as much as the ones written solely by Clarke or Clancy. Might just be a personal thing, but thoug ...more
Bill
Jun 08, 2014 Bill rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A little far out - but good.
Roland
Apr 28, 2014 Roland rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
too long
Dale
Finished at 57%, not worth continuing
Lucile
Apr 04, 2016 Lucile rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great read if you like a lot of action and war technology. I do!
Pete
Apr 04, 2010 Pete rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
After Kushiel's Chosen, which took me about three weeks to read, I was looking for a page turner. Dale Brown delivered yet again. In a nice change from others in the list, there is little political intrigue, which had been getting more and more ridiculous, and had made me decide that this would be the last book, if it kept up. Thankfully, Brown kept it to the stuff he knows, airplanes and bang-bang, so I will keep going.
Ultan
Sep 05, 2011 Ultan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cactuskid
Dreamland is the advanced aerospace weapons testing facility in Nevada and the Pentagon is looking for an excuse to shut it down. Lt. Bastian is sent in to try to keep it open but a war zone opens up and he has to send his pilot daughter into the combat zone to do a rescue. Lots of technical stuff in his books.
Mark
Typical Brown fare...I have enjoyed other parts of his series so I'm taking a shot at this one...planes, tech devices and world trouble spots all in one place in an explosive mixture of suspense and military mayhem...good fun!!!
Colin
Jan 13, 2014 Colin rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
always an excellent author have not read one yet that I didnt like
Jay
I have read a few of these books in the past. Always enjoyed Dale Brown's writing. Military fiction at its best. Decided to go back and read the first of the Dreamland series of books.
John
Jul 23, 2009 John rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A highly technical thriller about secret aviation devices and the people who operate them including a love story of sorts. Interesting, but not my type of novel.
Greg
Not sold on the collaborations with Jim DeFelice. Definitely a different flavor on a familiar theme.
Jim
Mar 28, 2009 Jim rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Interesting reading and so far fetched no real thought is involved, just good entertainment.
Juli
Dec 05, 2007 Juli rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fluff
Good book to read when spending endless hours in airports... mindless entertainment...
Antonia
Jun 22, 2013 Antonia rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very current military thriller. Kept me entertained at the hospital.
Karla
First on in series - too technical - lots of experimental airplanes
Russ Biaggi
Jun 19, 2012 Russ Biaggi rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another great Dale Brown Book and now time to start another....
Clyn
Nov 15, 2009 Clyn rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Typical Dale Brown, exciting, intriguing and addicting.
Pam Starbuck
Not my favorite author. Too much military jargon.
Dave Webster
Mar 29, 2016 Dave Webster rated it liked it
Pretty good. I liked it. typical war novel.
Nicholas Flood
Mar 01, 2012 Nicholas Flood rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Majorly disappointing.
  • Larry Bond's First Team (Larry Bond's First Team, #1)
  • America (Jake Grafton #9)
  • Firebreak (Matt Pontowski, #1)
  • Sea Strike (Amanda Garrett, #2)
  • Phantom Leader (Wings of War, #3)
  • The Shark Mutiny (Admiral Arnold Morgan, #5)
Former U.S. Air Force captain Dale Brown is the superstar author of 25 consecutive New York Times best-selling military-action-aviation adventure novels: FLIGHT OF THE OLD DOG (1987), SILVER TOWER (1988), DAY OF THE CHEETAH (1989), HAMMERHEADS (1990), SKY MASTERS (1991), NIGHT OF THE HAWK (1992), CHAINS OF COMMAND (1993), STORMING HEAVEN (1994), SHADOWS OF STEEL (1996) and FATAL TERRAIN (1997), TH ...more
More about Dale Brown...

Dreamland (1 - 10 of 16 books)
  • Nerve Center (Dreamland, #2)
  • Razor's Edge (Dreamland, #3)
  • Piranha (Dreamland, #4)
  • Strike Zone (Dreamland, #5)
  • Armageddon (Dreamland, #6)
  • Satan's Tail (Dreamland, #7)
  • End Game (Dreamland, #8)
  • Retribution (Dreamland, #9)
  • Revolution (Dreamland, #10)
  • Whiplash (Dreamland, #11)