The New Psycho-Cybernetics

The New Psycho-Cybernetics

4.32 of 5 stars 4.32  ·  rating details  ·  579 ratings  ·  56 reviews
Positive wisdom and helpful insights on how to be a successful person

Happiness and success are habits. So are failure and misery. But negative habits can be changed--and Psycho-Cybernetics shows you how!

This is your personal audio guide to the amazing power of Psycho-Cybernetics--a program based on one of the world’s classic self-help books, a multimillion-copy bestseller...more
Audio, 0 pages
Published March 6th 2002 by Macmillan Audio (first published September 1st 1998)

Brom Kim
I am rating this for originality and heft of ideas, not writing. This book may come across as a little cheesy, as it did for me, until I considered that it may be the origin, or at least a key 20th Century popularization, of important performance enhancing techniques, and that from my layman's point of view, said techniques and concepts remain as sound as ever against current neuro- and cognitive science.

Why was Lindsey Vonn, the gold medalist alpine skier, often seen, eyes closed in a silent, m...more
Jefferson F
One of the best books I have ever read in the field of psychology and identity. This book is a must read for anyone interested in personal development, understanding yourself and understanding others.
Charmaine
This book changed my life and my self-image and improved my self-esteem. This is one of the few books that I am going to keep on re-reading for the rest of my life.
Kris
Great book about how our perceptions create our reality. I recommend this to anyone who is wanting to change their lives in any way, shape or form. The author was a plastic surgeon and was able to change people's lives with a knife, but he learned that it took more than a change of the body to change someone's self image. It's an easy read and easy to follow book.
Chris Ak
Bagi yang mau cara kerja pikiran..

Buku ini salah satu yang mungkin bisa menjawab pertanyaan Anda..

Inti yang ingin disampaikan buku ini tergambar dari cover buku ini.. Jika diperhatikan, cover buku ini adalah sebuah lukisan karya pelukis terkenal, Salvador Dali..
Lukisan ini menggambarkan perjalanan manusia yang terombang-ambing dalam lautan yang gelap tanpa tujuan (di gambar sebelah kiri) yang kemudian setelah mengetahu rahasia kehidupan, perahu tersebut berlayar dalam air yang tenang dalam suasa...more
Daniel G.
The ceiling on your success is your self-image.

Fortunatey, this book shows you how to alter your self-image to truly reflect who you are, thereby letting your brilliance shine.

Alongside Stephen Covey's The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People, it ranks as the best self-help book ever. Almost everything written in the field since is derivative to a greater or lesser extent. It's the kind of book destined to become a classic because it's ideas are easy-to-understand and simple to practice, and yet...more
Avel
Helps you to start embracing success. Even when the best strategy is within our grasp, we can still choose to reject it or embrace it, depending on how afraid we are of an unfamiliar healthy life. So if you're REALLY fed up with all the problems in your life that stem from your awful self-esteem, if you're honestly committed to finding a better existence, if you're ready to outsmart your fears, then this book will transform your life. It's just that simple. This book is too good to pass up. I hi...more
Eleanor
The fundamental ideas are good, but it's moderately saturated with God references and "The Creator" and stuff that inches dangerously towards schools of thought that endorse not taking responsibility for your actions, which is severely contradictory to what I think he's trying to say. Also, the "New" ness of it just involves lengthy additional chapters / paragraphs that brag about how many people have used his book (but not always specifying how).

Good supplementary reading: The Mental Edge - Ken...more
Alexsolumgmail.com
Brilliant book to give you inspiration, motivation and insight into our own emotions. Practical tips and examples of how to apply methods to your life.
Mason Lawlor
This book supposedly created the self help genre- that's enough credibility for me. It was an incredible book!
Andrew Scollick
Having many hundreds of books in my lifetime including dozens & dozens of titles dealing with success, I would count this amongst the very best. The author, Dr. Maxwell Maltz, a retired NYC plastic surgeon, brought his fascinating ideas of self-image and the intelligent application of the automatic mechanisms of the mind to the forefront with his 1960 book Psycho-Cybernetics, (updated and well-written, this version is complete and excellent too).

For me, the most beneficial things that Maltz...more
catherine
I am so glad to have read this book towards the beginning of this year! I used to be one to pooh-pooh these kinds of self-help books, and I was pooh-poohing this book towards the beginning actually, however after a few chapters it began to seem less vague, and the authors gave clear examples of how to apply the theory into real-life situations be it relating to work or your personal life and goals.

This is a book you really need to go through more than once - I've been through it once to get a gl...more
Evandro Zanutto
Muito bom, com certo tom de "auto-ajuda" mas que desperta a consciência para a necessidade de usar nosso potencial criativo que normalmente deixamos de lado. Os exercícios de visualização e resolução de conflitos propostos pelo autor são muito difundidos e usados por atletas de alta performance e vendido hoje em caríssimos treinamentos motivacionais de liderança. Está tudo disponível nesse livro por um preço incrivelmente baixo.
Chris Hughes
Amazing book and actually works, you can apply it to many areas of your life.

Describes how our mind works and how we can effectively visualise outcomes in order to create the results we want.

I wouldn't give this one away, valuable stuff.
John Smith
Its not the original New psycho cybernetics by Maxwell Maltz!! It is written by Dan kennedy, and is based ot the original "New psycho cybernetics" but much worst!! Read the Original from 1960s and re-publishied in1989!!
Wiranto Partosudirdjo
Ini adalah versi baru dari buku Psycho-Cybernetics yang pertama kali diterbitkan pada tahun 1960 (terjual kurang lebih 30 juta copy diseluruh dunia). Buku The New Psycho-Cybernetics diterbitkan pada tahun 2001 dan penulis beli di Singapore pada tahun 2005 yang cetakan ke 10 (yang menandakan bahwa buku ini tetap laris walaupun penulisnya sendiri sudah meninggal pada tahun 1975).

Untuk review lihat review saya pada buku Psycho-Cybernetics karena isi dasarnya tetap sama, hanya diperkaya dengan conto...more
Josh Brown
Jul 09, 2009 Josh Brown rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: everyone
Shelves: 2009
I absolutely loved this book. I learned a lot about believing in myself, and how I limit myself by what I believe I can do. I often prevent myself from reaching my potential by not believing I can do something.

Learn from failure, then forget about it.

"The unhappiest of mortals are those who insist on reliving the past, over and over in their imagination, continually criticizing themselves for past mistakes, continually condemning themselves for past sins."

"There are few inherently right decision...more
Devin Partlow
I know this is an awesome book with an awesome message. Its all there, life changing teachings... I just wish the book was written better. All the information is there, you'll just have to work for it.
Amy Kilcullen
I read this book per personal recommendation from Sales Guru Jerry Acuff. I struggled through this book. I wanted to like it since he considers it his bible... however, I can't recommend it. Knowing Jerry as a person, he is very vibrant and charismatic, unlike this book. This book takes more of a self-proclaimed "science" perspective, which is intriguing, but dry. There are numerous books on success and self-improvement available that are much more engaging.
Gordon Smith
I really enjoyed this book it appealed to my interest in understanding why people do what they do, sometimes to their utter detriment. The author, Dr Maxwell Maltz M.D., was a plastic surgeon who had patients who spoke of how a physical impairment was negatively affecting them. After consulting with Dr Maltz in many cases they came to realize that the supposed imperfection existed only in their minds which had a negative effect on their self esteem.
Ida Yulia
Musuh nomor satu dari rasa percaya diri ternyata bukan dari orang lain, dari masa lalu atau pengalaman di masa kini, tapi berupa kritik dari dalam diri sendiri. Apa yang kita anggap rendah atau kita benci dari diri sendiri.
Salah satu cara agar kita tetap bisa mempertahankan rasa percaya diri adalah kemampuan untuk rileks (tenang).
Okeyuksip, cocok buat gw... (yang terkadang ga bisa tenang karena terlalu banyak mikir).
valpal
It's taking me a long time to get through this book because, although it has some great ideas and is a classic self-help book, 75% of the book is spent explaining how wonderful it is and name-dropping the famous people who have used the technique. The goodies are hidden among the stories and recommendations so you can't really just skip over those parts either. Still worth reading.
Greg
This book is an essential read for athletes, business people, coaches, or anyone who wants to change their thoughts and beliefs about who they are through visualization.

I am mainly praising the content and not necessarily the writing style. It did seem like the writer did have a tendency to go on and on long after I had begun losing interest in what he was saying.
Deanna
It's always good to read stuff that seems to be current - but then you discover it was written in the 50s. Some things don't change. However, was happily reading away, when he starts talking about "God" and how "The Creator" wouldn't make anything that wasn't perfect.... and suddenly he lost a lot of credibility. But, since this was the 50s, I forgave him and went on.
Ada
Amazing work! One of the best psychology books I've ever read. Many thanks to Maxwell Maltz and Dan Kennedy!
Paul
This book is written by a plastic surgeon. Its take on self image and how it influences all aspects of our lives felt quite fresh despite having been written in the 1960's. I feel that if the reader is suffering from a self image crisis, it is perhaps one of the best books regarding that topic. Of course, no need to have a crisis to benefit from this book.
Justice Mandhla
Like 'Think and Grow Rich' and 'The Master Key to Riches' Dr Maltz book is based on personal achievement- but Dr Maltz take it one step further and provide the reader with prescriptions of mental training exrcises that help the reader to put his principles into practice so as to achieve any goal quickly.
Maria
Psycho-Cybernetics is real science of self- improvement. If you read it patiently you will understand .... Interesting book. Psycho Cybernetics has many solutions. The most i like in this book the reality of the life stories that made me to interested it more.
Jo Tomey
I have read this book 3 or 4 times since I was very young, and get something new out of it each time. It is a great book to feed to your consciouness...and it really works. It is the simplest thing in the world, and yet at times to hardest thing to actually do!
  • The Magic of Believing
  • Psycho-Cybernetics, A New Way to Get More Living Out of Life
  • No B.S. Time Management for Entrepreneurs: The Ultimate No Holds Barred Kick Butt Take No Prisoners Guide to Time Productivity and Sanity
  • Law of Success: The 21st-Century Edition
  • You Can If You Think You Can
  • Go-Givers Sell More
  • The Six Pillars of Self-Esteem:  The Definitive Work on Self-Esteem by the Leading Pioneer in the Field
  • Live the Life You Love: In Ten Easy Step-By Step Lessons
  • University of Success
  • Earl Nightingale's the Strangest Secret
  • Acres of Diamonds
  • The Game of Life and How to Play It (Prosperity Classic)
  • The Aladdin Factor
  • Smart Trust: How People, Companies, and Countries Are Prospering from High Trust in a Low Trust World
  • The Psychology of Achievement
  • The Answer: Grow Any Business, Achieve Financial Freedom, and Live an Extraordinary Life
  • Zen and the Art of Happiness
  • The Key: The Missing Secret for Attracting Anything You Want
Psycho-Cybernetics, A New Way to Get More Living Out of Life Psycho-Cybernetics and Self-Fulfillment Psycho-Cybernetics Magic Power of Self-Image Psychology: The New Way to a Bright, New Life Zero-Resistance Selling: Achieve Extraordinary Sales Results Using World Renowned techqs Psycho Cyberneti

“A human being always acts and feels and performs in accordance with what he imagines to be true about himself and his environment...For imagination sets the goal ‘picture’ which our automatic mechanism works on. We act, or fail to act, not because of ‘will,’ as is so commonly believed, but because of imagination.” 8 likes