Sierra's Homecoming (McKettricks, #5)

Sierra's Homecoming (McKettricks #5)

4.07 of 5 stars 4.07  ·  rating details  ·  1,454 ratings  ·  65 reviews
When she moved to her family's ancestral ranch, single mom Sierra McKettrick was disconcerted by the Triple M's handsome caretaker, Travis Reid. But when her son claimed to see a mysterious boy in the house, and an heirloom teapot started popping up in unexpected places, Sierra wondered if the attraction between herself and Travis might be the least of her worries.

In 1919,...more
Published December 1st 2006 by Silhouette Desire (first published November 14th 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Sierra's Homecoming, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sierra's Homecoming

Andrea Guy
This is one of the best books I've read in a long time. I loved how Linda interwove the two families together: Sierra, Travis and Liam from 2007 and Hannah, Doss and Tobias from 1919. It has just a hint of paranormal to make it more interesting.

These two sets of McKettrick women really are the women that feel they don't belong. Sierra because her father snatched her away from the family at a young age and Hannah who is the widow of Gabe McKettrick. Through love and trust they find that they are...more
Viviana Izzo
Ever read a book from one author that you picked out of nowhere or it was given to you to review and you fall for the story and then you start searching and start reading the series? This was one of those! I read Linda Lael Miller for the first time because of a Netgalley Review I was approved for. Then found out she had a bunch of books in this series and thus began my "ohhh I have to read more" and this has officially become my "for me" reading.

"Sierra's Homecoming (McKettricks, #5)" had an e...more
Mindy
A delightful book. Reminds me of the movie The Lake House with Sierra in the present and Hannah in the past able to communicate through writing in a journal. I loved the past story the best with the widow Hannah falling for her brother-in-Law. great read.
PepperP0t (ireadthatbook.com)
3.5stars really
What a shock! After finding a new book boyfriend in Holt’s star turn: McKettrick's Choice (McKettrick Cowboys, #4) I presumed the series would continue with that generation – but nooooooo…..
Book 5 of the McKettrick series is an abrupt departure from the quartet that introduced this series as that generation is all dead (you find out on page 1 – and in hindsight you know after you read the synopsis). Modern day Sierra McKettrick (who seems to be of a double great grandchild’s desce...more
Christine
It was about 1am when I finished book 4, I was sleepy but nothing could stop me from continuing on to book 5 (Sierra's Homecoming).
After reading the first sentence which reads... "Present Day
“Stay in the car,” Sierra McKettrick told her seven-year-old son, Liam" I felt like I was robbed! The next few paragraphs talked about all of the gravestones Sierra read and the names engraved were like the names of my own family members. HOW could an author, after 4 incredible historical romance stories...more
Colleen
This was one of my favorites of the McKettrick series. After reading the stories of Holt, Rafe, Kade & Jeb and their respective wives (Loralei,Emmeline, Mandy,& Chloe) it gave me chills to read Sierra's description of their grave markers when she walked through the family cemetary. I thoroughly enjoyed the parallel story of Hannah & Doss and their falling in love back in 1919 in the same house (and Hannah's struggle with guilt since Doss was her late husband, Gabe, brother). Plus, th...more
Dani Moore

Sierra Mc Kettrick is coming home....to a home she has never seen, to meet a Mother she has never known, with a Son who could die any day. Wow, what a way to start a story. Part of the McKettrick Women series, Sierra and her Son Liam will be connected to the McKettrick family in ways they could never have imagined! Haunted teapots and picture albums, struggles to stay alive and live with sorrow. Not to mention steaming encounters with Men that are all wrong for the McKetterick Women....or are th...more
July
This is one of those books where you start out slow and then you hooked. It has two stories going a past and a present. Both are set are the old Holt McKettrick Ranch. In the past story Hannah is widowed to the son Holt, Gabe McKettrick and his younger brother is taking after the care of her and her son Tobias.

In the present story single mom Sierra McKettrick move's to the McKettrick Ranch with her son Liam and mysterious things start happining in the house. The caretaker Travis Reid tells her t...more
Jessica Alcazar
These two stories were short and to the point but EXCELLENT. It was nice to read a story in this series that did not have a million things going on at the same time AND I only cried ONCE. That's a record for this series!
However, I am a bit nervous about the rest of the series only in that there seems to be a HUGE amount of generations that are going to be left untold about and I'm not sure how I feel about that. I know Lizzie has her story coming up soon, but what about John Henry or the rest of...more
Cathy
I'm trying to read the entire set of McKettrick books. This book was a bit unusual from what I am used to; however it brought the past together with the present in a fun and effective manner. I gather from here it will be present day reading.

I enjoyed the 'other world' experience; however, the characters moved too quick. Why tell us Sierra will be there for a year if we're only going to see her for a total of five days. In those five days, there has been a marriage and a pregnancy.

I hope MeKet...more
Mollie *scoutrmom*
May 25, 2011 Mollie *scoutrmom* rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of mildly paranormal romance
This is a very good story of two parallel lives, single mothers who love their children and fall in love.

The spooky thing is that one is living in 2007, the other in 1919, in the same house and they sense each other!

It is a cross between your standard romance and a great ghost story. I almost need a campfire to share it.

There is not a lot of insight into the souls of the men who fall in love with them, so this book did not earn the highest rating from me.

I still find it a keeper.
Adriana Fogaça
As Mulheres McKettrick
Vidas Paralelas
Linda Leal Miller
H.R. Romance 52
2011

Adorei a estória das duas McKettrick, mas Hannah e Doss me cativaram de uma forma, que estou apaixonada pelo casal, ficou aquela sensação de quero mais. Não sei, mas neste casal, era palpável o sentimento que os prendia.

Já Sierra e Travis, me pareceu atração pura, se houver sentimento, vai aparecer com o tempo.

Agora vou ficar ansiosamente esperando a estória da irmã da Sierra, Meg.

RECOMENDADÍSSIMO!!!

ADORO!!!
Ruth
A little slower to love for me, but I did like the story line interconnection.......It took awhile though for me to follow & enjoy & my what a HOT scene in the ole story behind a door! WOW!! This is one of the better LLMiller books I've read with modern day McKettricks intertwining w/ McKettricks from the past. Love those McKettricks, no matter what it seems. I found myself rooting for many of these characters. Recommend as a good read for anyone liking a winter love story.
Shay
Cecelia
I maintain that each set of couples deserves their own book. Normally I dislike it when an author divides a story up between two pairs but it works better here than in any of the other books I've read. The charachters are vibrant whie still being realistic and belivable and they interact well. Becasue of the divisions though I feel that both halves were underdeveloped and rushed although they did support each other in some interesting ways.
Kate Vale
Two stories in one, this tale provides the linkage between previous McKettrick's and the current crop, including Eve's daughter, kidnapped by her estranged husband and aching for the mother she never had after age two.

Teapots move, as do remembrance books and journals, and each of their sons see the other, in spite of the doubts of mother Hannah (circa 1919) and mother Sierra (circa 2007).

An intriguing way to weave two stories into one.
Mombo
An excellent read. I'm not normally a fan of the paranormal/time travel but I enjoyed this story. It combined the stories of Hannah and Doss along with Sierra and Travis so well I couldn't wait to find out what was happening in each storyline. The parallels between the hardships were serious and romances were sweet. It's weird but Hannah, living in 1919, felt more real to me than Sierra.
Samantha
I did like this book but I felt very lost and disappointed because the book was titled Sierra's Homecoming and there really wasn't much about Sierra. Out of the blue Travis has sex with her and he loves her? I really feel like I missed something. Then the story with Hanna was good I just felt that the focus should have been with Sierra and lia and Travis more. Still a good book though.
Emily Higgins
Sierra McKettrick returns to the family ranch in Arizona after being separated from the family for most of her life. She and her son, Liam, begin to get used to belonging in the McKettrick family. They also sense that they are not the only occupants of the house. Thus, Linda Lael Miller introduces a parallel story of a 1919 McKettrick family. This is a very enjoyable book.
Brittany Graves
Great!!! The stories just keep coming!
Kathrynn
This was neat! Two stories going on at the same time. One in the present time and the other in 1919, but in the same house. A haunted house.

Hannah and Dosh McKettrick lived in the house in 1919. In 2007, Sierra and her son live in the same house. There is a teapot that keeps being found misplaced by both parties. This book contains the death of a child.

Teresa Drelick
This author was suggested to me and it was a quick read. Interesting viewpoints...the author bounced back and forth between 1919 and 2007 (something I don't normally like). I hung in there and enjoyed it but this way of writing is not my favorite. Love historicals but this twist made me have to concentrate to know what era I was in.
Jacqueline
Alright, I didn't expect to enjoy this as much as I did. Normally, I don't like stories that flip back and forth between the present and the past, following the lives of two people whose lives sort of parallel each other. And then there's that temporal paradox but I'm going to overlook that just this once...
Fernanda
"Vidas Paralelas"
=) como sempre LLM consegue com que o leitor entre no personagem de uma forma tao simples e ao mesmo tempo forte e sem esforço.
uma historia que bem pode ser uma historia real já que os sentimentos, os desafios, os temores, as duvidas são por si só o nosso quotidiano.

como sempre adorei!
Manju
Somewhere between an ok and good read. The good part was the supernatural aspect of it which if highlighted more effectively and if maybe shown as influencing the two main protagonists life would probably have made this a good book. A story of two women living in the same house but in two different centuries.
Megan
This book was really good. It was actaully two love stories. One is in the present between Sierra and Travis. The other is between Hannah and Doss in the past. Both their stories are happening at the same time 90 or so years apart. I would definitely recommend this book to ramance lovers.
Dana
Im actually reading The McKettrick Legend which has both Sierra's Homecoming and The McKettrick Way. I loved the first four stories of Holt,Rafe,Kade and Jeb and feel sad in a way that they are gone. I hope I enjoy the rest of the books as much as I did the beginning. :)
♥ Nell ♥
I like this book more than I anticipated I would. I didn't think I would like switching back and forth between periods, but I did.
I would have liked to see more about Sierra's relationship with her mother though.
All in all, a good read!
Mandi
Delia
I totally believe in the whole dual universe thing therefore I really enjoyed this book....except for the "modern" conveniences we are still women doing "chores" and caring for our family!!! Nice easy reading....
  • Honey and the Hired Hand
  • The Texan's Dream (The McLain Series 5)
  • One Fine Cowboy
  • Cattleman's Pride (Long, Tall Texans, #26)
  • Jake (The Cowboys, #1)
As the daughter of a town marshal, Linda has come home to the western lifestyle that gave birth to one of today’s most successful authors. She left Washington years ago and pursued her wanderlust, living in Arizona and London and traveling the world. Now the author of more than 100 novels, the “First Lady of the West” is glad to be back home, writing contemporary and historical stories that have e...more
More about Linda Lael Miller...
Logan (Montana Creeds, #1) Dylan (Montana Creeds, #2) Tyler (Montana Creeds, #3) McKettrick's Luck (McKettrick Men, #1) (McKettricks, #6) High Country Bride (McKettrick, #1)

“Being a McKettrick meant claiming a piece of ground to stand on and putting your roots down deep into it. Holding on, no matter what came at you. It meant loving with passion and taking the rough spots with the smooth. It meant fighting for what you wanted, letting go when that was the best thing to do.” 6 likes