Start by marking “Sierra's Homecoming (McKettricks, #5)” as Want to Read:
Sierra's Homecoming (McKettricks, #5)

Sierra's Homecoming (McKettricks #5)

4.07  ·  Rating Details ·  1,858 Ratings  ·  80 Reviews
When she moved to her family's ancestral ranch, single mom Sierra McKettrick was disconcerted by the Triple M's handsome caretaker, Travis Reid. But when her son claimed to see a mysterious boy in the house, and an heirloom teapot started popping up in unexpected places, Sierra wondered if the attraction between herself and Travis might be the least of her worries.In 1919, ...more
Published December 1st 2006 by Silhouette Desire (first published November 14th 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Sierra's Homecoming, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sierra's Homecoming

Andrea Guy
Dec 29, 2009 Andrea Guy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is one of the best books I've read in a long time. I loved how Linda interwove the two families together: Sierra, Travis and Liam from 2007 and Hannah, Doss and Tobias from 1919. It has just a hint of paranormal to make it more interesting.

These two sets of McKettrick women really are the women that feel they don't belong. Sierra because her father snatched her away from the family at a young age and Hannah who is the widow of Gabe McKettrick. Through love and trust they find that they are
Juliewheatcox.Net
This book did not segue well in the series. It read like a previous story was missing. Too many characters were introduced making it even more confusing.
Viviana Izzo
Mar 02, 2014 Viviana Izzo rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ever read a book from one author that you picked out of nowhere or it was given to you to review and you fall for the story and then you start searching and start reading the series? This was one of those! I read Linda Lael Miller for the first time because of a Netgalley Review I was approved for. Then found out she had a bunch of books in this series and thus began my "ohhh I have to read more" and this has officially become my "for me" reading.

"Sierra's Homecoming (McKettricks, #5)" had an e
Colleen
This was one of my favorites of the McKettrick series. After reading the stories of Holt, Rafe, Kade & Jeb and their respective wives (Loralei,Emmeline, Mandy,& Chloe) it gave me chills to read Sierra's description of their grave markers when she walked through the family cemetary. I thoroughly enjoyed the parallel story of Hannah & Doss and their falling in love back in 1919 in the same house (and Hannah's struggle with guilt since Doss was her late husband, Gabe, brother). Plus, th ...more
Dani Moore
Mar 31, 2013 Dani Moore rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Sierra Mc Kettrick is coming home....to a home she has never seen, to meet a Mother she has never known, with a Son who could die any day. Wow, what a way to start a story. Part of the McKettrick Women series, Sierra and her Son Liam will be connected to the McKettrick family in ways they could never have imagined! Haunted teapots and picture albums, struggles to stay alive and live with sorrow. Not to mention steaming encounters with Men that are all wrong for the McKetterick Women....or are th
July
May 07, 2011 July rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: home-library
This is one of those books where you start out slow and then you hooked. It has two stories going a past and a present. Both are set are the old Holt McKettrick Ranch. In the past story Hannah is widowed to the son Holt, Gabe McKettrick and his younger brother is taking after the care of her and her son Tobias.

In the present story single mom Sierra McKettrick move's to the McKettrick Ranch with her son Liam and mysterious things start happining in the house. The caretaker Travis Reid tells her t
Jessica Alcazar
These two stories were short and to the point but EXCELLENT. It was nice to read a story in this series that did not have a million things going on at the same time AND I only cried ONCE. That's a record for this series!
However, I am a bit nervous about the rest of the series only in that there seems to be a HUGE amount of generations that are going to be left untold about and I'm not sure how I feel about that. I know Lizzie has her story coming up soon, but what about John Henry or the rest of
Mombo
Apr 17, 2011 Mombo rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: readers of time travel romance
An excellent read. I'm not normally a fan of the paranormal/time travel but I enjoyed this story. It combined the stories of Hannah and Doss along with Sierra and Travis so well I couldn't wait to find out what was happening in each storyline. The parallels between the hardships were serious and romances were sweet. It's weird but Hannah, living in 1919, felt more real to me than Sierra.
M
Nov 27, 2011 M rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A delightful book. Reminds me of the movie The Lake House with Sierra in the present and Hannah in the past able to communicate through writing in a journal. I loved the past story the best with the widow Hannah falling for her brother-in-Law. great read.
Dana
Feb 24, 2011 Dana rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Im actually reading The McKettrick Legend which has both Sierra's Homecoming and The McKettrick Way. I loved the first four stories of Holt,Rafe,Kade and Jeb and feel sad in a way that they are gone. I hope I enjoy the rest of the books as much as I did the beginning. :)
Kim
Sep 11, 2016 Kim rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
my copy has 275 pages and has a novella by B.J. Daniels in it
Virginia
Nov 30, 2016 Virginia rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: library
I liked this book in spite of the switching between times.
Karen Peavler
Disappointing. Two stories from different centuries told together and connected. Didn't work for me.
PepperP0t
3.5stars really
What a shock! After finding a new book boyfriend in Holt’s star turn: McKettrick's Choice (McKettrick Cowboys, #4) I presumed the series would continue with that generation – but nooooooo…..
Book 5 of the McKettrick series is an abrupt departure from the quartet that introduced this series as that generation is all dead (you find out on page 1 – and in hindsight you know after you read the synopsis). Modern day Sierra McKettrick (who seems to be of a double great grandchild’s desce
Christine
Jun 19, 2012 Christine rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction
It was about 1am when I finished book 4, I was sleepy but nothing could stop me from continuing on to book 5 (Sierra's Homecoming).
After reading the first sentence which reads... "Present Day
“Stay in the car,” Sierra McKettrick told her seven-year-old son, Liam" I felt like I was robbed! The next few paragraphs talked about all of the gravestones Sierra read and the names engraved were like the names of my own family members. HOW could an author, after 4 incredible historical romance stories
Adriana Fogaça
Jul 13, 2013 Adriana Fogaça rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
As Mulheres McKettrick
Vidas Paralelas
Linda Leal Miller
H.R. Romance 52
2011

Adorei a estória das duas McKettrick, mas Hannah e Doss me cativaram de uma forma, que estou apaixonada pelo casal, ficou aquela sensação de quero mais. Não sei, mas neste casal, era palpável o sentimento que os prendia.

Já Sierra e Travis, me pareceu atração pura, se houver sentimento, vai aparecer com o tempo.

Agora vou ficar ansiosamente esperando a estória da irmã da Sierra, Meg.

RECOMENDADÍSSIMO!!!

ADORO!!!
Mollie *scoutrmom*
May 25, 2011 Mollie *scoutrmom* rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of mildly paranormal romance
This is a very good story of two parallel lives, single mothers who love their children and fall in love.

The spooky thing is that one is living in 2007, the other in 1919, in the same house and they sense each other!

It is a cross between your standard romance and a great ghost story. I almost need a campfire to share it.

There is not a lot of insight into the souls of the men who fall in love with them, so this book did not earn the highest rating from me.

I still find it a keeper.
Cathy
Nov 03, 2013 Cathy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm trying to read the entire set of McKettrick books. This book was a bit unusual from what I am used to; however it brought the past together with the present in a fun and effective manner. I gather from here it will be present day reading.

I enjoyed the 'other world' experience; however, the characters moved too quick. Why tell us Sierra will be there for a year if we're only going to see her for a total of five days. In those five days, there has been a marriage and a pregnancy.

I hope MeKet
Kate Vale
Jun 02, 2013 Kate Vale rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Two stories in one, this tale provides the linkage between previous McKettrick's and the current crop, including Eve's daughter, kidnapped by her estranged husband and aching for the mother she never had after age two.

Teapots move, as do remembrance books and journals, and each of their sons see the other, in spite of the doubts of mother Hannah (circa 1919) and mother Sierra (circa 2007).

An intriguing way to weave two stories into one.
Ruth
Apr 08, 2015 Ruth rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A little slower to love for me, but I did like the story line interconnection.......It took awhile though for me to follow & enjoy & my what a HOT scene in the ole story behind a door! WOW!! This is one of the better LLMiller books I've read with modern day McKettricks intertwining w/ McKettricks from the past. Love those McKettricks, no matter what it seems. I found myself rooting for many of these characters. Recommend as a good read for anyone liking a winter love story.
Holly Senecal
Dec 15, 2015 Holly Senecal rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read often and enjoy several kinds of books. Rarely though do I find a book that gets me so hooked on the story line that I literally have trouble getting anything else done! Sierra's Homecoming was one of those.. I loved the parallel story lines, the characters, the love stories, and the feeling of family that resonated through out the book. I know this is one I will return too again and it has whetted my appetite to discover the rest of the McKettricks series!
Shay
Cecelia
I maintain that each set of couples deserves their own book. Normally I dislike it when an author divides a story up between two pairs but it works better here than in any of the other books I've read. The charachters are vibrant whie still being realistic and belivable and they interact well. Becasue of the divisions though I feel that both halves were underdeveloped and rushed although they did support each other in some interesting ways.
Kathrynn
This was neat! Two stories going on at the same time. One in the present time and the other in 1919, but in the same house. A haunted house.

Hannah and Dosh McKettrick lived in the house in 1919. In 2007, Sierra and her son live in the same house. There is a teapot that keeps being found misplaced by both parties. This book contains the death of a child.

Teresa Drelick
This author was suggested to me and it was a quick read. Interesting viewpoints...the author bounced back and forth between 1919 and 2007 (something I don't normally like). I hung in there and enjoyed it but this way of writing is not my favorite. Love historicals but this twist made me have to concentrate to know what era I was in.
Jacqueline
May 06, 2010 Jacqueline rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Alright, I didn't expect to enjoy this as much as I did. Normally, I don't like stories that flip back and forth between the present and the past, following the lives of two people whose lives sort of parallel each other. And then there's that temporal paradox but I'm going to overlook that just this once...
Darlene Wilson
Sierra - taken by her dad from her mom and the McKettricks at age 2 - returns at her mom's request with her son Liam - to get medical coverage for him. She goes to the old McKettrick home -and is "involved" in a time switching from present to 1919 - and the McKettrick family living in the house then - also with an 8 yr old Tobias. A neat story - -
Manju
Jul 27, 2009 Manju rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Somewhere between an ok and good read. The good part was the supernatural aspect of it which if highlighted more effectively and if maybe shown as influencing the two main protagonists life would probably have made this a good book. A story of two women living in the same house but in two different centuries.
Fernanda
Jan 06, 2013 Fernanda rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
"Vidas Paralelas"
=) como sempre LLM consegue com que o leitor entre no personagem de uma forma tao simples e ao mesmo tempo forte e sem esforço.
uma historia que bem pode ser uma historia real já que os sentimentos, os desafios, os temores, as duvidas são por si só o nosso quotidiano.

como sempre adorei!
Emily Higgins
May 21, 2013 Emily Higgins rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, western
Sierra McKettrick returns to the family ranch in Arizona after being separated from the family for most of her life. She and her son, Liam, begin to get used to belonging in the McKettrick family. They also sense that they are not the only occupants of the house. Thus, Linda Lael Miller introduces a parallel story of a 1919 McKettrick family. This is a very enjoyable book.
  • The Substitute Groom
  • The Texan's Dream (McLain, #5)
  • Cowboy in My Pocket
  • One Fine Cowboy
  • Never Marry a Cowboy (Rogues in Texas, #3)
  • Tough Enough: The Cowboy & The Cougar & Odd Man Out
  • The Loner
  • Colorado Dawn (Runaway Brides, #2)
The daughter of a town marshal, LINDA LAEL MILLER is a #1 New York Times bestselling author of more than 100 historical and contemporary novels, most of which reflect her love of the West. The "First Lady of the West" lives outside Spokane, Washington, where her rescued horses, dogs and cats live the high life.

Published since 1983, Linda was awarded the prestigious Nora Roberts Lifetime Achievemen
More about Linda Lael Miller...

McKettricks (1 - 10 of 15 books)
  • High Country Bride (McKettricks, #1)
  • Shotgun Bride (McKettricks, #2)
  • Secondhand Bride (McKettricks, #3)
  • McKettrick's Choice (McKettricks, #4)
  • McKettrick's Luck (McKettricks, #6)
  • McKettrick's Pride (McKettricks, #7)
  • McKettrick's Heart (McKettricks, #8)
  • The McKettrick Way (McKettricks, #9)
  • A McKettrick Christmas (McKettricks, #10)
  • Tate (McKettricks, #11)

“Being a McKettrick meant claiming a piece of ground to stand on and putting your roots down deep into it. Holding on, no matter what came at you. It meant loving with passion and taking the rough spots with the smooth. It meant fighting for what you wanted, letting go when that was the best thing to do.” 6 likes
“attitudes” 1 likes