Start by marking “Mates, Dates, and Cosmic Kisses (Mates, Dates, #2)” as Want to Read:
Mates, Dates, and Cosmic Kisses (Mates, Dates, #2)

Mates, Dates, and Cosmic Kisses (Mates, Dates #2)

3.67 of 5 stars 3.67  ·  rating details  ·  3,115 ratings  ·  87 reviews
This follow-up to Mate, Dates, and Inflatable Bras is told by cool and sassy Izzie Foster. Desperate to make sense of things after meeting the divine Mark, Izzie spends her time at home--waiting for his call. When she loses her perspective and sense of fun, Lucy and Nesta give her a reality check.
Published January 1st 2003 by Simon Pulse (first published April 19th 2001)

To ask other readers questions about Mates, Dates, and Cosmic Kisses, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mates, Dates, and Cosmic Kisses

The Princess Diaries by Meg CabotRomeo and Juliet by William ShakespeareThe Luxe by Anna GodbersenPerfect by Sara ShepardThe Iron Queen by Julie Kagawa
In the Pink
127th out of 1,085 books — 383 voters
The Hunger Games by Suzanne CollinsCatching Fire by Suzanne CollinsShiver by Maggie StiefvaterHush, Hush by Becca FitzpatrickBlood Promise by Richelle Mead
To Read
267th out of 740 books — 807 voters

More lists with this book...

Cora Tea Party Princess
It was OK...

It's weird. When I read these as a teen, Izzie was my favourite character. But I don't really like her now I'm older. She's too whiny. So I didn't enjoy this book as much as this one was focused mainly on her.

The best part of this series is the subtle lessons - namely don't be a slag and don't give in to pushy boys who want you to go further than you're comfortable with.

Another tween book for girls, carrying on the teenage drama of the Mates, Dates series with a feel-good ending that
Vaikka nää kirjat olenkin lukenut useasti, en koskaan kuitenkaan järjestyksessä. Nyt ajattelin tehdä kerrankin niin, saa nähdä saanko sarjasta tällein enemmän irti. :D
This book is mostly about Lucy's story. Lucy saw this guy at a shop. She liked him a lot. He said she will call her , but he never did. So that had Lucy going crazy. It was tearing her away from her friends and family. It was all about Mark calling her. There was an external conflict between Nesta and Izzie when Izzie was getting happy about Mark. Nesta kept saying the opposite and that made Izzie feel bad. This took place in London. The main characters are Izzie, Nesta, and Lucy.
Text to Self
After reading the first novel in the "Mate, Dates" series, I knew I had to read the second novel. In "Mates, Dates, and Cosmic Kisses" it follows and tells the story of a fourteen-year-old girl named Izzy, and her two best friends Nesta and Lucy.

After seeing a boy at a craft fair one day, Izzy was convinced the feeling she had toward him was love. She gave the boy her phone number, but after she declined many invitations to go out with her friends due to waiting for a phone call from him she rea
This book was funny and cute and true. I only wish I had read it when I was 14. It's more than fiction it's like the girls guide to adolescense. The relationships in this book so closely mirrored the relationships I had myself as a teenager and I think if I had read it then I could more fully understood what was going on.
Cathy Hopkins had one underlying resounding lesson throughout the book and that was confidence. Boys don't find anything more attractive than a girl with a solid back-bone and
Dec 06, 2012 Rosie rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: girls 13+
Shelves: favorites
This book is amazing...
borrowed it from library, read it 10 times :P
It has some really good messages for girls aged 14+ -izzie is a very relatable character who is trying to figure lads out.
The main messages I got from this book are to never, ever neglect your friends, and don't let a guy mess with your head- something I read about too late :P This book would deffo help teens figure out stuff in their own life.
Loved the lists with tips and advice in this book, although I have to say that the son
Cat {Wild Night In}
I thought that the opening tone was going to make for super-cringey reading but over the course of the book, it turned into something that younger-me would have loved reading on a sunny afternoon. The poems/ songs were a fun touch and the way the main characters handled their respective issues was fairly awesome and grown-up.

I do wish the word 'tart' hadn't come up so much, but then again, this was written back in 2001.

The major plus to this being set in North London in the early 2000s was that
I read this as part of my Young Adult creative writing project reading list (female character, teenager 14y/o etc) and found it an OK read.

+ Good message on how to handle sexual pressure.

+ realistic family relationships

- I didn't like most of the characters- I never felt like I knew the protagonist because we are thrown in different directions throughout the story (maybe this is part of the author's intention- showing how chaotic a 14 year old girl's life must be.)

- would have been nice to see
Irene Liang
This book is talking about friendships and relationships between a girl Izzie and her best friends Lucy and Nesta. Izzie fell in love with a boy Mark and Lucy was a girlfriend of Nesta's brother Tony. But at the end they all broke up.

This book is the type of book that I am interested in. While I was reading this book, it was like a movie. It made me recalled my experience. I had many common with Izzie.

"Boys. Strange species. Don't want you when you want them and do want you when you're not int
Yormara Cintron
We all have thought to be inlove and been inlove and have known how it feels to be love. Izzie goes through it all! This book is mostly for girls who like to read cute love stories and love to read about other teenagers having boy troubles. Izzie really likes Mark but Mark is just leaving Izzie alone which is exactly what she don't want. She doesn't want to wait on the phone anymore she wants him to talk to her. Why can't he just call her instead of making her wait? The main characters in this b ...more
It's a very quick read, I think I read this for 2 or 3 hours. I kinda re-read this book. I mean, I had read the Indonesian version of this book at least 4 times during junior and senior high, but this is the first time I read the English version. And it was great to read both versions of the book.

I like how this book concentrated on Izzie because she's really into horoscope and stuff like aromatherapy oils, and etc. I actually learnt a few stuffs about aromatherapy oils from this book. And it wa
Amanda Yeargin
I read Mates, Dates, and Cosmic Kisses as IR book. This book is about not letting boys mess with your emotions. Or let him miss you things like your friends. Izzie meets Mark and she thinks she's in love. But when he says he will call all she does is hover over the phone. She winds up missing a lot of things including her friends. Meanwhile the only way to see him is to casually bump into him. But she soon realizes what is happening and starts to do something.
One connection i have is an Text-t
Was cleaning up as I am moving and figured I might as well read it. Easy read and good entertainment, but I find the girls a bit too young for hoe they are acting, I suppose time changes, but I think 14 is kind of early to be that much focused on your body. However I liked how they are trying to find out about boys and their friendship.
In this book, Mates Dates; Cosmic kisses this was about not letting boys mess with your feelings. You see Izzie meets this guy Mark and well he turned out to be a guy to mess with your emotions. Day by day Izzie was changing into a totally different person. She actually winded up losing all her friends,popularity, trust,real friends... basically everything.

I can connect to this because in the seventh grade I met a guy and that tore me apart just like it tore Izzie apart with her friends populari
Joanna Alvarez
I didn't like how the main character obsessed over the stars and horoscopes, or that she was too obsessed with the boy she only met once maybe twice. but i loved the ending
Isa Luna
Este libro no me gusto tanto como el primero.

Por el simple echo de que Izzie odia a los hombres. Este libro no cumplió mis expectativas, la verdad, esperaba mucho de este libro...
Kayla Lee
For a teeny book it was actually pretty good. I wanted to slowly work my way back into reading and this small book helped.
Sep 09, 2014 Lara rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2014
I have no idea why this book was on my shelf - it must have been on some reading list. I am some decades older than the target audience, but still enjoyed it. And, sadly, one can get older but not a heck of a lot wiser. I understood only too we'll Izzie's obsessions, and appreciated the get-your-own-life moral of the story. And it was so pleasant to read for a change about decent, nice people - not a child-molesting wicked step-parent in sight. I only wish there had been light-reading, sensible ...more
Shuurei Allet
my most fav part is BOYS SPEAK on page 35
These books are probably the easiest series I've read! They have a really low reading level, but I read them just for the heck of it! Just so you know it's based on girls that don't live in the US! It took me forever to figure that out!!! *face palm at my dumbness* However, if you're looking for a really simple series to read this one might work! I don't exactly remember the books, but I don't think you even have to really read all of them to figure out a good ending. Either way I could read eac ...more
May 30, 2014 Raufa added it
its great love this
Sierra Lawrence
Cute and witty series
Giulia Iodice
Nothing but praises for this book series. The adventures of Lucy, Izzie, Nesta and TJ have been my loyal companion throughout my teenagehood, and never failed to make me laughs and the right moment, or wondering impatiently how it was gonna turn out between Lucy and Tony.
I have the best memories of the books (unfortunately I couldn't read them all as they stopped selling them in my hometown in Italy), and if I found the latest ones I wouldn't feel ashamed to buy them even now for a good and lig
Jun 17, 2014 Raquel added it
I really enjoyed this book. It was an easy read and hard to put down. It is about a girl named Izzie has some sass to her personality. She meets a handsome guy named Mark and he tells her that he will call her. She waits days and he still didnt call so she figured he said he would phone her to get rid of her.She was desperate so she was always home in case he called.Izzie's best friends Lucy and Nesta give her a reality check and things start to head in the right direction for her and all the bo ...more
Lynne weir
Finished!!! Such a quick read and so fun. I confess she did get annoying and did come off as a bit selfish through most of the book which bugged me but other than that the book was great. though I was more interested in Lucy's story. The song lyrics were good and it did have a great message for all girls out there. dont let guys mess you around, dont shape your life around the phone that may not even ring and most important if you like a guy take charge, dont let him call all the shots.
Jun 22, 2009 Karina added it
This book is about a girl named Izzie that meets a boy that its gorgeous and it's impatient for him to call her. Izzie actually starts hanging out with him and they actually start going out, Izzie starts saying what they do and how much she loves him and lucy gets jealous because her relationship is not like that with the boy shes with. After i read this book i learned that you cant fall in love with a guy to much because then he gets you under a spell and its hard to forget him afterwards.
Mates, Dates, and Cosmic Kisses By: Cathy Hopkins is a recommended book for teenage girls. Its flirty cover is very capturing to the readers’ eye. While reading this book I thought it was going to be all about boys but it actually shows the importance of friends in your life as well. This book can be a fairytale to one but also allow the reader to relate to it. Therefore, I recommend this book to whoever loves romance and suspense.
This is Izzie's story about trying to find a boy. She meets Mark in the shops at Camden. He's lovely and she's smitten but he doesn't call when he says he will! (Oh my god! He's a real boy!) And Izzie's always trying randomly run into him and generally making a painful fool of herself in the way only a smitten 14-year-old can. All the while, ignoring the perfectly lovely Ben who is obviously a better match. Predictable and sweet.
I read this for our Library Genre Discussions - Teen Reads and enjoyed it. I listened to the Bolinda recording and loved the Aussie accent of the reader. This book took me back to the agonizing teen years when boys were the beginning and ending of my interests. Fortunately, like Izzy, I realized that my friends were more important and that boys would come and go. Fun read, but I wouldn't want to go back in time at all.
  • Butterflies, Bullies and Bad Bad Habits (Ally's World, #3)
  • Lady: My Life as a Bitch
  • California Holiday: Or, How the World's Worst Summer Job Gave Me a Great New Life
  • Tessa in Love
  • Spin Control (Royally Jacked, #2)
  • 30 Guys in 30 Days

Mates, Dates (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • Mates, Dates, and Inflatable Bras (Mates, Dates, #1)
  • Mates, Dates, and Designer Divas (Mates, Dates, #3)
  • Mates, Dates, and Sleepover Secrets (Mates, Dates, #4)
  • Mates, Dates, and Sole Survivors (Mates, Dates, #5)
  • Mates, Dates, and Mad Mistakes (Mates, Dates, #6)
  • Mates, Dates, and Sequin Smiles (Mates, Dates #7)
  • Mates, Dates, and Tempting Trouble (Mates, Dates, #8)
  • Mates, Dates, and Great Escapes (Mates, Dates, #9)
  • Mates, Dates, and Chocolate Cheats (Mates, Dates, #10)
  • Mates, Dates, and Diamond Destiny (Mates, Dates, #11)