Start by marking “Lady Arabella's Scandalous Marriage” as Want to Read:
Lady Arabella's Scandalous Marriage

Lady Arabella's Scandalous Marriage (The Notorious St. Claires #4)

3.48  ·  Rating Details  ·  259 Ratings  ·  16 Reviews
You are cordially invited to the marriage of

Darius Wynter, Duke of Carlyne

"Dark and dangerous, Darius has a reputation riddled with unsavory rumor..."

to

Lady Arabella St. Claire

"Headstrong and feisty, yet more innocent than she'll ever admit..."

What is Lady Arabella letting herself in for? Sinister whispers surround the death of Darius's first wife--could Arabella be in jeo
Published April 1st 2010 by Harlequin (first published January 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Lady Arabella's Scandalous Marriage, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lady Arabella's Scandalous Marriage

Amber
May 21, 2013 Amber rated it it was ok
Lynn
Jan 05, 2013 Lynn added it
Shelves: not-my-thing
This book was not for me and I did not enjoy it. Everyone has books they are good matches with and those that aren't and this one isn't the book for me.

The whole set up of the book is one I just happen to strongly dislike. The hero acts like a jerk (and of course in his inner monologue it is all justified and for the heroines "good") and the heroine seems to stand up to him. Then all his has to do is give her a come hither look or touch her and she is ready to have sex with him and put it all b
Sabrina (Soter) Sally
Forse il migliore della serie!
Siamo giunti all'ultimo volume della serie dedicata ai fratelli St. Claire ed è il turno dell'unica sorella, Arabella! ;D Negli altri libri avevo notato una certa chimica (ed anche un certo astio XD) tra la nostra lady e l'affascinante Darius Wynter, Duca di Carlyne e qui tutti i nodi (e i trascorsi) vengono al pettine. Darius ha un passato di scandali, l'ultimo riguardante l'improvvisa morte della neosposa, ed un presente dedicato al servizio della patria come spia
Jasey
Jan 28, 2012 Jasey rated it really liked it
Jane O'Reilly
Mar 21, 2013 Jane O'Reilly rated it it was ok
Dear me, this book is bad. I shall sum it up with the following: 'it had been fifteen years since he had first made love to an actual woman.' As opposed to what? A sheep? A blow up doll? The curtains? Mortimer has written some great (if often overblown) category romances. This is not one of them.
Marcella
Feb 23, 2012 Marcella rated it liked it
It was a little text book not a bad read not really good depth in the characters one that if you want a sweet little romance with characters that both should be sent to a therapist this is the book for you
Christine Strowbridge
Jun 28, 2011 Christine Strowbridge rated it it was ok
Cheesy with a thick slice of cheese on top.
Gail
This is a nice little historical romance that for me had a little too much of a Harlequin Presents feel to it, which since Mortimer also writes Presents, is not surprising. Older man, naive but spirited young woman who is introduced to sex by her new husband... I don't like stories where the heroine loses every argument, even when--or maybe especially when they are lost because the hero seduces the heroine out of her righteous anger. I can't understand why that would make her anger go away. But ...more
Pravana
A bit short for a historical but decent. Carole Mortimer is an author whose books I'll definitely pick-up. This is the 1st Historical of her's that I've read. The banter between the Hero - Darius and the Heroine - Arabella leading upto their wedding was well written with a good dose of humour. But post marriage it seemed to peter out.
Avid Reader
Aug 11, 2014 Avid Reader rated it did not like it
Shelves: romance-novels, e
No development of characters whatsoever!
Mιss •kαthєяίиє•  Τhε Emεrαℓd Pяίиcεss®
After how-much time, I finally read it... What an achievement. Not.
Anyway, lady Arabella is the fourth St. Claire and an only daughter. She doesn't listen to anyone who orders. Darius Wynter is a duke and rake under threat of a french spy and his brother. When he marries Arabella he has to order her to protect her. Fortunately Darius is the only one that can make her do something.....
Claire Mojieski
May 15, 2010 Claire Mojieski rated it really liked it
This book is surprisingly good for such a quick read. I really liked the characters, especially Arabella who is very strong and doesn't let people tell her what to do. I definitely recommend this book!
Harlequin Historical
#4 of 4 in The Notorious St. Claires series

I loved the final book! I highly suggest this series to my friends. It is going on my keeper shelf to be re-read many times over.
Destiny
Nov 30, 2010 Destiny rated it it was amazing
I thought this novel was well written. I liked the relationship between Arabella and Darius. There was a bit of mystery thrown in and that really kept my attention! Great book!
Michaela
Jan 11, 2012 Michaela rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This book was just alot of going round in circles and then alot of cheese at the end. Also again the title barely reflects the book.
Isabel Mansfield
Jul 31, 2015 Isabel Mansfield rated it really liked it
Enjoyed reading this book
Tina
Tina marked it as to-read
Jul 26, 2016
Melanie
Melanie marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2016
Sylvia
Sylvia added it
Jul 13, 2016
Madiha
Madiha marked it as to-read
Jul 10, 2016
Leslie D Fischer
Leslie D Fischer rated it it was amazing
Jul 07, 2016
Marsha Jess
Marsha Jess marked it as to-read
Jul 04, 2016
Fatima Flor
Fatima Flor marked it as to-read
Jun 18, 2016
Tammy
Tammy marked it as to-read
Jun 11, 2016
Carole
Carole added it
Jul 26, 2016
Chioma Chukwura
Chioma Chukwura marked it as to-read
Jun 02, 2016
  • Unlacing the Innocent Miss (Regency Silk & Scandal, #6)
  • To Catch a Rogue
  • Paying the Virgin's Price (Regency Silk & Scandal, #2)
  • The Earl's Forbidden Ward (Ramsden Brothers #2)
  • The Smuggler and the Society Bride (Regency Silk & Scandal, #3)
  • Claiming the Forbidden Bride (Regency Silk & Scandal, #4)
  • The Officer and the Proper Lady (Regency Silk & Scandal, #7)
  • A Question of Impropriety
  • The Accidental Princess (Accidental, #3)
  • One Illicit Night (Wellinghams, #3)
  • More Than a Mistress (Rakes in Disgrace, #2)
  • The Bride Raffle
  • How To Marry a Rake
  • A Scoundrel's Surrender (Billingham Bastards, #3)
  • Scandalizing The Ton
I have written almost 200 romance novels in contemporary and Regency.

I am a USA Today Bestselling Author and recipient of the 2015 RWA Lifetime Achievement Award. In 2014 I received a Pioneer of Romance Award from Romantic Times in the US and in 2012 I was recognised by Queen Elizabeth II for my 'outstanding service to literature'.

I am very happily married to Peter with six sons, and live on the
More about Carole Mortimer...

The Notorious St. Claires (4 books)
  • The Duke's Cinderella Bride