Start by marking “Lady Arabella's Scandalous Marriage” as Want to Read:
Lady Arabella's Scandalous Marriage

Lady Arabella's Scandalous Marriage (The Notorious St. Claires #4)

3.46 of 5 stars 3.46  ·  rating details  ·  231 ratings  ·  16 reviews
You are cordially invited to the marriage of

Darius Wynter, Duke of Carlyne

"Dark and dangerous, Darius has a reputation riddled with unsavory rumor..."

Lady Arabella St. Claire

"Headstrong and feisty, yet more innocent than she'll ever admit..."

What is Lady Arabella letting herself in for? Sinister whispers surround the death of Darius's first wife--could Arabella be in jeo
Published April 1st 2010 by Harlequin (first published January 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Lady Arabella's Scandalous Marriage, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lady Arabella's Scandalous Marriage

Jan 05, 2013 Lynn added it
Shelves: not-my-thing
This book was not for me and I did not enjoy it. Everyone has books they are good matches with and those that aren't and this one isn't the book for me.

The whole set up of the book is one I just happen to strongly dislike. The hero acts like a jerk (and of course in his inner monologue it is all justified and for the heroines "good") and the heroine seems to stand up to him. Then all his has to do is give her a come hither look or touch her and she is ready to have sex with him and put it all b
Sabrina (Soter) Sally
Forse il migliore della serie!
Siamo giunti all'ultimo volume della serie dedicata ai fratelli St. Claire ed è il turno dell'unica sorella, Arabella! ;D Negli altri libri avevo notato una certa chimica (ed anche un certo astio XD) tra la nostra lady e l'affascinante Darius Wynter, Duca di Carlyne e qui tutti i nodi (e i trascorsi) vengono al pettine. Darius ha un passato di scandali, l'ultimo riguardante l'improvvisa morte della neosposa, ed un presente dedicato al servizio della patria come spia
Jane O'Reilly
Dear me, this book is bad. I shall sum it up with the following: 'it had been fifteen years since he had first made love to an actual woman.' As opposed to what? A sheep? A blow up doll? The curtains? Mortimer has written some great (if often overblown) category romances. This is not one of them.
It was a little text book not a bad read not really good depth in the characters one that if you want a sweet little romance with characters that both should be sent to a therapist this is the book for you
Christine Strowbridge
Cheesy with a thick slice of cheese on top.
This is a nice little historical romance that for me had a little too much of a Harlequin Presents feel to it, which since Mortimer also writes Presents, is not surprising. Older man, naive but spirited young woman who is introduced to sex by her new husband... I don't like stories where the heroine loses every argument, even when--or maybe especially when they are lost because the hero seduces the heroine out of her righteous anger. I can't understand why that would make her anger go away. But ...more
A bit short for a historical but decent. Carole Mortimer is an author whose books I'll definitely pick-up. This is the 1st Historical of her's that I've read. The banter between the Hero - Darius and the Heroine - Arabella leading upto their wedding was well written with a good dose of humour. But post marriage it seemed to peter out.
Books reader
No development of characters whatsoever!
Mιss •kαthєяίиє•  Τhε Emεrαℓd Pяίиcεss®
After how-much time, I finally read it... What an achievement. Not.
Anyway, lady Arabella is the fourth St. Claire and an only daughter. She doesn't listen to anyone who orders. Darius Wynter is a duke and rake under threat of a french spy and his brother. When he marries Arabella he has to order her to protect her. Fortunately Darius is the only one that can make her do something.....
Claire Mojieski
This book is surprisingly good for such a quick read. I really liked the characters, especially Arabella who is very strong and doesn't let people tell her what to do. I definitely recommend this book!
Harlequin Historical
#4 of 4 in The Notorious St. Claires series

I loved the final book! I highly suggest this series to my friends. It is going on my keeper shelf to be re-read many times over.
I thought this novel was well written. I liked the relationship between Arabella and Darius. There was a bit of mystery thrown in and that really kept my attention! Great book!
This book was just alot of going round in circles and then alot of cheese at the end. Also again the title barely reflects the book.
Isabel Mansfield
Enjoyed reading this book
Vie marked it as to-read
Nov 14, 2015
Antoinette Munipalli
Antoinette Munipalli marked it as to-read
Nov 08, 2015
Arlene Downey
Arlene Downey marked it as to-read
Nov 07, 2015
Mona marked it as to-read
Oct 29, 2015
Tara Hale
Tara Hale marked it as to-read
Oct 22, 2015
Tiana added it
Oct 19, 2015
Di Reys
Di Reys marked it as to-read
Oct 06, 2015
Russlyn Phelps
Russlyn Phelps marked it as to-read
Oct 02, 2015
Jayavathani marked it as to-read
Sep 27, 2015
  • Unlacing the Innocent Miss (Regency Silk & Scandal, #6)
  • To Catch a Rogue
  • The Earl's Forbidden Ward (Ramsden Brothers #2)
  • Paying the Virgin's Price (Regency Silk & Scandal, #2)
  • The Smuggler and the Society Bride (Regency Silk & Scandal, #3)
  • Claiming the Forbidden Bride (Regency Silk & Scandal, #4)
  • The Accidental Countess (Accidental, #2)
  • The Bride Raffle
  • How To Marry a Rake
  • More Than a Mistress (Rakes in Disgrace, #2)
  • One Illicit Night (Wellinghams, #3)
  • The Officer and the Proper Lady (Regency Silk & Scandal, #7)
  • A Scoundrel's Surrender (Billingham Bastards, #3)
  • A Countess by Christmas
  • A Question of Impropriety
  • Scandalizing The Ton
  • The Earl's Prize (Tallants, #1)
I have written almost 200 romance novels in contemporary and Regency.

I am a USA Today Bestselling Author and recipient of the 2015 RWA Lifetime Achievement Award. In 2014 I received a Pioneer of Romance Award from Romantic Times in the US and in 2012 I was recognised by Queen Elizabeth II for my 'outstanding service to literature'.

I am very happily married to Peter with six sons, and live on the
More about Carole Mortimer...

The Notorious St. Claires (4 books)
  • The Duke's Cinderella Bride