Start by marking “Dressed to Slay” as Want to Read:
Dressed to Slay

Dressed to Slay (Darkheart & Crosse #1)

3.18 of 5 stars 3.18  ·  rating details  ·  226 ratings  ·  14 reviews
Megan's preparing to walk down the aisle with her triplet sisters as her bridesmaids when their long-lost grandfather Darkheart interrupts with staggering news: they are heirs of an ancient vampire-slaying legacy. One of them is a natural-born slayer. One is a healer. One will become a vampire. And they're all in imminent danger from the vamp who murdered their mother.

With
Published May 1st 2008 by Silhouette Bombshell (first published October 1st 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Dressed to Slay, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dressed to Slay

Kelly
I’ve got a theory. I think Dressed to Slay is actually a long-lost episode of Buffy. The Scooby Gang has been hit by another demonic curse. This time, instead of falling silent or bursting into song, they’ve all been turned into Cordelia, and I mean first-season Cordelia. (All but Giles, that is. He miraculously escapes the Cordelia curse, but picks up a Russian accent.)

The comparison breaks down pretty quickly, though, because if Joss Whedon had written Dressed to Slay, I’d probably like it bet
Karen
What a cheesy book, but for some reason I just couldn't put it down last night. As a romance book, it had its obligatory sex scene (pretty wild too if the length was any indicator) which I skipped, but other than the one, it wasn't too bad. It was like reading Buffy meets 90210 with some really bad Russian accents thrown in. Fun and totally forgettable. Shrug!
Robin
The night before her wedding, Megan Crosse and her sisters are celebrating their upcoming marriages when their fiances show up unexpectedly. When the three men attempt to kill them, they discover their fiances were turned into vampires at the Bachelor Party. The girls long-lost grandfather arrives along with a shapeshifter, Mikhail Vosteroff. Grandfather says that the girls are heirs to an ancient vampire-slaying legacy. One of them will become a vampire slayer, one will be a healer, and the thi ...more
Karra Snyder
I loved the story line right until there was sex.
Miranda Polanía Vélez

I liked this book, The beginning of a trilogy, the main character -Megan, is the eldest of her triplet sisters. The day before her wedding to a guy she doesn't really love, hers and her sisters fiancés show up and try to kill them... everything is downhill from there, at least emotionally.

I thought it was ruthless that the author put the sisters in a position where eventually everything wouldn't be alright between them. I mean they are good sisters but if one of them eventually wants to kill th
Izzy
Two stars for effort and, well, I had a bit of a soft spot for Mikhail. That is, until he became a pod person and suddenly turned submissive.

This book was a cross between a cheesy Buffy the Vampire Slayer fanfic and MaryJanice Davidson's 'Queen Betsy' series. Since I don't like either of those two things, I didn't enjoy this book very much.
catechism
This was annoying in many ways (stupidity as plot! bad on trans issues! bad Russian accents!) and then we got to WOLVES MATE FOR LIFE and it was all over. (Also I got all weird and angry when someone called Buffy an "old TV show." Shut up! I'm totally not... oh. Right.)
Amy
Silhouette Bombshell #109
Darkheart & Crosse #1

Triplet daughters learn about an ancient prophecy... 1 is a vampire slayer, 1 is a healer, and 1 is to become a vampire... this book focuses on Megan, the "oldest" triplet, and her story.
Kimberly
I really tried to finish this book, but the dialogue was corny and immature. I don't know if the author was trying for funny, but it fell flat.
Ellen
One in a series about triplet sisters. Good for fluff reading if you aren't looking to tax your brain.
Jayme Murillo
Slow start, but i think it was a good book over all. lots of romance and action.
Nicole
It was okay. Kind of annoying at times though, and really rushed.
Mari-Ann
World building not interesting.
Cary
Cary marked it as to-read
Dec 19, 2014
Rylee
Rylee marked it as to-read
Dec 18, 2014
Nicole Guzman
Nicole Guzman marked it as to-read
Dec 18, 2014
Amanda
Amanda marked it as to-read
Dec 17, 2014
Megan
Megan marked it as to-read
Dec 08, 2014
Jessica
Jessica marked it as to-read
Dec 06, 2014
Mage
Mage marked it as to-read
Dec 05, 2014
Alana
Alana marked it as to-read
Dec 03, 2014
Kristen
Kristen marked it as to-read
Dec 03, 2014
Makayla
Makayla marked it as to-read
Dec 02, 2014
Jules
Jules marked it as to-read
Dec 02, 2014
Justin
Justin marked it as to-read
Dec 01, 2014
  • In the Blood (Sonja Blue, #2)
  • Make Me a Match
  • Devil's Due (Red Letter Days, #2)
  • Tomb with a View (Pepper Martin #6)
  • The Neon Graveyard (Signs of the Zodiac, #6)
  • Angel Of Mercy (Mercy Hollings, #2)
  • Daughter of the Flames (The Gifted #1)
  • Crimson Moon (Crimson Trilogy, #1)
  • The Medusa Prophecy (Medusa Project #4)
  • The Perfect Kiss (The Merridew Sisters, #4)
  • Playing With Fire (Silver Dragons, #1)
  • Heiress for Hire (Cuttersville, #2)
  • Star Crossed (Stargazer, #1)
  • Hunter's Blood (Cursed by Blood Series, #1)
Harper Allen is a Canadian writer of romance novels. She is a four-time nominee for a Career Achievement Award by Romantic Times Book Reviews magazine and her novel Dressed To Slay was named the magazine's choice for Best Silhouette Bombshell of 2006.

Her Irish ancestry lends them a touch of Celtic mysticism, while her work as a reporter in the criminal court system gives her books a darker edge, f
More about Harper Allen...
Vampaholic (Darkheart & Crosse Trilogy #2) Dead Is the New Black (Darkheart & Crosse Trilogy #3) The Bride and the Mercenary Payback (Silhouette Bombshell, #34) McQueen's Heat (Harlequin Intrigue #695)