Start by marking “The 5 Essential People Skills: How to Assert Yourself, Listen to Others, and Resolve Conflicts” as Want to Read:
Preview

3.7 of 5 stars 3.70  ·  rating details  ·  179 ratings  ·  17 reviews
From one of the most trusted and bestselling brands in business training and throughout the world, The 5 Essential People Skills shows how to deliver a message to others with power and clarity, how to build loyalty and inspire creativity by demonstrating assertiveness, and how to be assertive.

Put these five essential skills to work and begin your transformation!

Have you e
Published November 17th 2009 by Touchstone (first published 2004)

To ask other readers questions about The 5 Essential People Skills, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The 5 Essential People Skills

Cassidy Shea
man, this books sucks. i picked it up at the library, wanting to read some material about assertiveness, and i was seriously disappointed.

this book is all over the place. it reads like some low-functioning stoner's thesis paper. it's disorganized. it's full of typos (page 78 has some bizarre underscore additions like_this). it has a huge lack of concrete examples to support its theories (which also makes it a really dull, textbook-ish read). and it's just plain bad writing. i wish i could rememb
Muhammad Habib
makes you think, but you have to want to be better first
Eugene Kok
This book took me trouble to go through, as It delve deep into the fear or being assertive. This is especialy through when you are in Asia and being assertive or too commanding is not an encouraging trait. However as after I read this book, I found out that being assertive its actually good, it helps to build self confidence and also respect from your circle of friends or those who you interact with.

In being assertive, I learned that shouting on top of your lungs does not count as assertive, tha
E
Five steps to asserting yourself in business

Dale Carnegie was the original self-help guru. His book How to Win Friends and Influence People is a classic. First published in 1936, it has sold 15 million copies and remains popular. Carnegie's ability to inspire people is legendary. This contemporary bestseller from the Dale Carnegie Training organization distills Carnegie's teachings about business relationships into five common-sense principles for creating positive, persuasive interactions. get
James Pritchert
I read this as part of my then study of leadership and management. I read it because of the Dale Carnegie link but I did get some hints out of in. It is always good to take in some new ideas about management.
Mark
It's one I'll keep in my library to refer to. Some great aspects in the first 50 pages.
Jared
I have read a lot of leadership, self-help, and management books. I couldn't even get through this one and had to put it down before finishing. I felt like this one was way too basic, but was written in a way that was trying to sound very complex. Just didn't read very well. I wouldn't recommend this book. There are lots out there much better if you are trying to improve your leadership and people skills.
Linda Newman
This book is from Dale Carnegie Training. I am just over half way thru. It is most helpful in that it tells how, just as the extended title says, how to assert yourself, listen to others and resolve conflicts. It talks of the difference between assertive behavior (good) and aggressive behavior (bad). Written in an easy-to-read style and at the end of each chapter there is are workbook sections.
Wilde Sky
This book offers a guide on how to handle people (principally) in business situations.

Some of the sections are quite interesting. The most useful parts were the quotes from Carnegie at the start of each chapter.
Gina Long
good tips and some very unspecific exercises on handling many personality types and maintaining control. This is a good read for people in leadership positions who have difficulty keeping the floor during meetings.
Ethan
Good basic skills. It reminded me of some things I hadn't thought of recently but wasn't anything terribly new or innovative for me.
Krys Gut
The ideas are good for all. The format is overly repetitive and some of the examples seem a little simplistic.
Shane
If u read a lot of Dale Carnegie you already know a lot of what is covered here.
Eva
it's not Carnegie original work.. unfinished with no intention to re-read
Eric
Boring. I had to read it for a work thing.
Fernando
I like it. Good ideas. Concise.
Matt
an excellent introduction for those starting a career.
Kpnp
Kpnp added it
Apr 23, 2015
Jason
Jason is currently reading it
Apr 22, 2015
Mobin Mathew
Mobin Mathew marked it as to-read
Apr 22, 2015
Sherwin Serrano
Sherwin Serrano marked it as to-read
Apr 19, 2015
Ian
Ian marked it as to-read
Apr 14, 2015
Kurtis Golveo
Kurtis Golveo marked it as to-read
Apr 13, 2015
Saddam Siddiqui
Saddam Siddiqui is currently reading it
Apr 10, 2015
Sambasivam Mani
Sambasivam Mani marked it as to-read
Apr 03, 2015
Mahyar Mozaffari
Mahyar Mozaffari marked it as to-read
Apr 03, 2015
  • How to Get Your Point Across in 30 Seconds or Less
  • Make Yourself Unforgettable: How to Become the Person Everyone Remembers and No One Can Resist
  • Ten Lessons to Transform Your Marriage: America's Love Lab Experts Share Their Strategies for Strengthening Your Relationship
  • I Can Read You Like a Book: How to Spot the Messages and Emotions People Are Really Sending with Their Body Language
  • Confronting Reality: Doing What Matters to Get Things Right
  • The Five Love Languages: Men's Edition: How to Express Heartfelt Commitment to Your Mate
  • The Dance of Deception: A Guide to Authenticity and Truth-Telling in Women's Relationships
  • He Said, She Said (Exploring the Different Ways Men and Women Communicate)
  • Time to Think: Listening to Ignite the Human Mind
  • Why Good People Do Bad Things: Understanding Our Darker Selves
  • Never Fail: Success Strategies
  • Power Questions - Build Relationships, Win New Business and Influence Others
  • Self-Promotion for Introverts: The Quiet Guide to Getting Ahead
  • People Skills
  • From Innocence to Entitlement: A Love and Logic Cure for the Tragedy of Entitlement
  • Type Talk: The 16 Personality Types That Determine How We Live, Love, and Work
  • The Branded Mind: What Neuroscience Really Tells Us about the Puzzle of the Brain and the Brand
  • Bringing Out the Best in People: How to Enjoy Helping Others Excel
Dale Breckenridge Carnegie (originally Carnagey until 1922 and possibly somewhat later) (November 24, 1888 – November 1, 1955) was an American writer and lecturer and the developer of famous courses in self-improvement, salesmanship, corporate training, public speaking and interpersonal skills. Born in poverty on a farm in Missouri, he was the author of How to Win Friends and Influence People, fir ...more
More about Dale Carnegie...
How to Win Friends and Influence People How to Stop Worrying and Start Living How to Develop Self-Confidence And Influence People The Quick and Easy Way to Effective Speaking The Leader In You: How to Win Friends, Influence People and Succeed in a Changing World

“Získávejte sílu z pozitivních věcí a nepodrývejte si ji soustředěním na negativa.” 1 likes