Start by marking “The Wish List (Time of Transition, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Wish List (Time of Transition, #1)

The Wish List (Time of Transition #1)

Kristin Montgomery is more than a little shocked when her aunts inform her they're fairy godmothers. Worse, after dropping that bombshell they hand her a wand and head off on a world cruise. Now Kristin's uncomplicated life as a CPA in San Diego has disappeared like magic and she not only has to deal with her burgeoning magical powers, but also a reluctant and ...more
371 pages
Published May 2010 by Tor Books (first published April 22nd 2010)

To ask other readers questions about The Wish List, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Wish List

Clockwork Princess by Cassandra ClareHarry Potter Hardcover Boxed Set, Books 1-6 by J.K. RowlingThe Hunger Games by Suzanne CollinsThe Winds of Winter by George R.R. MartinCatching Fire by Suzanne Collins
Books I'd Break Into A Bookstore Or Library For
250th out of 806 books — 403 voters
My Fair Godmother by Janette RallisonDiary of a Fairy Godmother by Esmé Raji CodellMy Unfair Godmother by Janette RallisonMy Fairly Dangerous Godmother by Janette RallisonGodmother by Carolyn Turgeon
Fairy Godmothers
40th out of 48 books — 6 voters

More lists with this book...

Jen
Feb 19, 2011 Jen rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Jen by: Chasity
WOW! What a great book!!!
It is so different then anything I have ever read! It was hard picturing Kristin and Tennyson as an adult though - being the whole fariy godmother and wizzard thing - I kept trying to picture them as adults and the best I could get was 20ish :)
The sexual tention was too intense to be a teen book - but 27 is too close to my age and I couldn't picture myself going through these kinds of changes - Maybe that's why it was so cool :)

This book was way cool! There was so muc
Brianna (The Book Vixen)
Why I Read this Book: Let me start off by saying this: Never judge a book by its cover. Or by its blurb for that matter. When I first saw the cover for The Wish List, I thought it was a YA novel. There’s lots of pink and sparkles going on, a super cute swirly font and it has a whimsical feel to it. Now, there’s nothing wrong with YA. I love YA! But I’m not a big fan of fairies so what I do read, that involves fairies, is very minimal. I need a strong romantic element to carry me through it. And ...more
Laurie Garrison
Mar 23, 2011 Laurie Garrison rated it really liked it

The "Wish List" is a fun, magical read. If you like a magic story with a little sexy added to it, this is it. You have Lady Kristin, who knows nothing about magic, thrown into the magic world with a hot trainer. The two have an adventure that gets them into all kinds of trouble because Kristin is known as a “rare one” and it seems she is on someone’s hit list. Oh ya! They break quite a few rules along the way, LOL.
I enjoyed the characters and the plot. I simply loved the four aunts. They were a
Kelli
Jul 23, 2010 Kelli rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a fun, light-hearted read. I really enjoyed it! It was a little heavier on the romance than I expected, but I'm not complaining...

One thing I really enjoy in books are references to pop culture. Gabi Stevens does that with aplomb, referencing Harry Potter, Disneyland, and other magical constructs. I always wonder if the characters in a story "know" about things in today's world.

I related to Kristin's character really well because she is very left-brained. She is also a CPA and I took t
Michelle (Undeniably Book Nerdy)
Jun 21, 2012 Michelle (Undeniably Book Nerdy) marked it as to-read
Shelves: arc
This review is written by Leslie:

Kristin Montgomery is completely shocked when her three aunts tell her that they and Kristin herself are fairy godmothers. Worse, they hand her a wand and leave on a world cruise! And when her unwilling yet hot magical trainer and judge, Tennyson Ritter, steps into her life, he wasn't much help. Despite that and before Kristin can control her powers and pass the tests to become a full-fledged fairy godmother, she and Tennyson must help each other fight a villain
Blodeuedd Finland
I do like this cover more than the rest of the series. This one just looks more fun, and cute.

There is magic in the world, but we do not know it. And there are also Fairy Godmothers. Though honestly, I never truly got the whole Godmother idea. They explained but I was still..eh what? Maybe it's explained later on, or not.

Right Kristin was, oh I do not know. Honestly she felt a bit daft at times. Especially when it comes to a certain gentleman that showed up. But then Tennyson was no better. I wa
Katie
Sep 03, 2016 Katie rated it really liked it
4 Fairy Awesome Stars!

This has been on my must-read list for a while!!

(Some Disney throwback gifs ;D)

This book reminded me of "Sabrina the Teenage Witch" but a more grown up version.

I'd like to say I summoned this book with my wand but I bought it on Ebay. I couldn't wait for it to be delivered.

It had an interesting concept of fairy godmothers and the plot was unique. You couldn't help but fall in love with all the characters.

If you're looking for an action-packed paranormal romance read with
Ann  Lorz
Jun 20, 2011 Ann Lorz rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: paranomal
When I started this book I was so into it. Then around pages 100 I started getting tired of the heroine, Kristin Montgomery. I understand that her life had just been turned upside down but you can only take a person crying so much. Plus if I was Tennyson Ritter I would have sent her somewhere far, far, away. I will say that there is parts of the book that are very good and makes you want to keep reading, even with Kristin in it. I also loved the aunts and Callie. Maybe because this is her first ...more
Erika
Jul 26, 2016 Erika rated it liked it
Como que la autora no supo desarrollar bien la historia de amor de los protagonistas, fue muy apresurada y encima era esa relación de amor/odio y ODIO cuando meten eso -.- Sacando eso, la historia esta buena y es entretenida y te deja con las ganas de leer el segundo.
Amanda S.
May 14, 2011 Amanda S. rated it it was amazing
I thought this novel was whimsical and sweet. Gabi Stevens melds realism and whimsy very well! I thoroughly enjoyed it.
Elizabetha
Dec 04, 2014 Elizabetha marked it as capuccino-says-maybe  ·  review of another edition
No lo sé... me llama el tema pero eso de que la editorial se llame "Libros de Seda" me complica xD!
Helena _Triz
3,5 de 5
Aimeekay
Apr 20, 2012 Aimeekay rated it it was amazing
OMG, so have I said before I LOVE Happily Ever Afters? oooo and this one eeep!! It is left open ended for the next book, but I still think it qualifies as a Happily Ever After for the two main characters. So definitely have to say...LOVED IT!

To be honest I didn't know I would end up liking this one as much as I did. Reading the back of the book I knew what was coming obviously. Even before the main character did. For example, I knew that the "aunties" weren't off their rockers when they told Kr
Yelania Nightwalker

Ya había leído otro libro de Gabi Stevens así que ya sabía a lo que me iba a enfrentar, aunque no es lo mismo leerlo en inglés que en español, de cualquier manera, he disfrutado mucho esta novela. Cumpliré tus deseos es la historia de la primer Hada Madrina, una chica común y corriente que un día descubre que tiene poderes, los cuales no sabe usar y por si fuera poco, su prefecto (el mago que le ayudará a integrarse al mundo mágico) es un Trol (uno muy guapo, eso sí) y no está nada feliz con te

Rebecca
Reviewed for Book Chick City

THE WISH LIST by Gabi Stevens is a book filled with magic, love and the emotional turmoil at discovering new powers. It subverts the magical boundaries of witches and wizards by introducing fairy godmothers, which aren’t commonly used in paranormal fiction.

Kristin Montgomery is thrown into the magical world from the very first chapter, when her three aunts suddenly spring the news upon her that she is a fairy godmother, and wil
Colette
Apr 06, 2011 Colette rated it really liked it
Every now and then I discover a series that I just fall in love with. The Wish List is book one in the Time of Transition paranormal series. It's hard to say why I loved this book so much, except that everything worked. Even when I discovered who the bad guy was way before the characters did, it didn't take away from the story and I couldn't wait to see when they would finally wise up and find out that they were being duped, but I'm getting ahead of myself...

Kristen Montgomery is a CPA who one d
Marta Fernández
Gabi Stevens, aunque de padres húngaros, nació en el sur de California. Después de pasar tiempo en un internado, en la universidad y de estudiar en el extranjero, actualmente se dedica a la enseñar literatura a estudiantes de secundaria. Sus noches están llenas de aventura e imaginación del mundo que ella crea en su mente y luego escribe en un papel. Gabi, autora galardonada, escribe desde su residencia de Nuevo México, donde vive con su marido ingeniero de robótica, sus tres hijas y dos perros. ...more
Bird
This is one of those books that falls under the category: "great idea, poor execution."

For some reason, the notion of fairy godmothers appeals to me, which is the reason I picked up this book in the first place. However, I felt the writing was mediocre, and I didn't care for most of the characters.

The villain was obvious to me from the beginning, but of course it takes everyone else most of the book to put the clues together so they can figure it out.

The storyline seemed completely implausible.
Larissa
Mar 01, 2010 Larissa rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, to-review
I have to say that The Wish List was a very pleasant surprise to me. I read the whole book in just a few hours because I could not put it down for a second and I even missed a class because I lost track of time.

Kristin's world turns upside down when her three "aunts" tell her that magic is real and not only that, she is meant to be one of the the next generation of fairy godmothers that are rising to substitute them. Our heroine needs to come to terms with the fact that only the world the Brothe
Reena Jacobs
Jul 12, 2012 Reena Jacobs rated it it was ok
Shelves: reviewed, 2010-reads
Review also posted on Ramblings of an Amateur Writer: http://reenajacobs.com/blog/2010/09/n...

Bit of a surprise for me, but the chapter 1 title hooked me. Yeah, that’s right. Didn’t even get into the book and I was already digging it. “HOW TO BE A FAIRY GODMOTHER: Never Reveal Yourself to Your Charges.” So, I continued.

Though the storyline had an interesting premise, much of the world seemed very similar to the concept of Harry Potter books. I kind of liked that. Main difference was the main ch
Krystle
Feb 25, 2012 Krystle rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: did-not-finish
I stopped reading this at page 302. Why?

He wanted to yell at her. He wanted to shake her, drag her to the couch, and put his mark on her. Own her. So that one else could ever touch her again.

"You're mine. I know that isn't right, or proper, or politically correct, but you're mine. I can't let anyone else have you."

This comes right after where she tells him (about the guy they were spying on because they thought he was the bad guy and she volunteered to do a dinner with him) how he kissed her an
Christi Snow
Jun 15, 2011 Christi Snow rated it really liked it
Full review to come... A super-cute story!

Full review reposted from my Smitten with Reading blog:

My Review:
What an absolutely fabulous and fun premise for a book. This book was just entirely an entertaining read- so much fun with more than a touch of whimsy. This book is for those of us that like to believe that there can still be magic (and fairy godmothers) in this world.

Kristen has been totally knocked off-kilter. She had no idea that there was something more magical to this world until she i
Carla *Jen7waters*
This one was a fun read and not exactly what I was expecting - in a good way. I also thought this was young adult, with the pink&shinny cover and all, and it is not. The lead female is in her late twenties and the lead (gorgeous) male is in his thirties, but fear not, for they will quarrel with each other with the passion of a pair of wild teenagers.
In short, this is the story of a young woman, Kristin, after she learns that she’s one of the next three Godmothers, since the previous ones ar
Claire
Mar 15, 2016 Claire rated it it was ok
Kristin Montgomery discovers she has magic and is destined to become a fairy godmother. Unfortunately, she never asked for this, she butts heads with the guy who's supposed to guide her and there may be a dangerous plot under foot.

This is the first romance novel I've ever read. I expected it to be silly, and it was, I expected it to be light and easy to read, and it was, I expected it to be badly written and... it kind of was?

Honestly this could have a been a good book, or at least a stand out
May
May 17, 2010 May rated it it was ok
A time of transition, a young fairy godmother learning her craft, romance, a bad guy... it sounded like a magical good time when I picked up this book that I'd previously not heard mention of. Armed with a deep coupon I decided it was worth a read.
The long and short of it, I was wrong. The 'whodunit' was obvious from page #1. I found the characters contradicting themselves at times, and I just really couldn't buy into her story fully. There were a few moments in the book (including where the her
Cris
I've read better. I've read worse. It's not really a good example of a romance because there wasn't enough focus on the main romantic relationship between Kristin and Tennyson. But neither was there enough development of the magical world. (And I spotted the 'secret enemy' coming from a mile away.) There was some promise in the basic plot and world idea, but I don't think it was realized. I think Stevens would have been better served to spend more time allowing the readers to see just Tennyson ...more
Saray
Dec 09, 2013 Saray rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2013
3,5.

Cumpliré tus deseos es un libro lleno de acción, en el que no paran de ocurrir cosas, con varios giros en la trama y con unos cuantos personajes secundarios que serán cruciales para la historia.
Aunque es cierto que al principio fue todo bastante precipitado, dando toda la información de golpe, el ritmo no decae en ningún momento de la novela, haciendo que no puedas dejar de leer.
Tiene un estilo fresco, sencillo y muy ameno. También hay bastantes momentos de humor, gracias a los diálogos ent
TheGeekyBlogger
Jul 28, 2016 TheGeekyBlogger rated it really liked it
Publisher: Tor Books
Purchased: Purchased from Amazon for my Kindle

What I Loved: Kristin, Tennyson, Callie, Zach, Rose, Lily, Hyacinth, and Jake. The characters really made this book completely enjoyable. The storyline was unique (fairy godmothers, sorcerers, councils, and sprites not in a children's book) and fun. There was never a dull moment and the ending was fantastically done.

What I Liked: I really enjoyed the world of "groundlings" and "arcani" that Gabi created. She made the world based l
Jess
Jul 08, 2010 Jess rated it really liked it
All right. I read this book because I love a good paranormal romance/chick lit/whatever it's called this week. For a quick escape fare, I really liked this book. Yes, the characters weren't the most developed but it wasn't necessary. This wasn't a HP opus here. It's a trilogy that's meant to keep you occupied and enjoy your time spent. And honestly? It does. It has the same feel as Annette Blair, Linda Wisdom, and MaryJanice Davidson. It's very good summer reading.

There are some problematic area
Laqua
Mar 18, 2015 Laqua rated it really liked it
Me gustó mucho.
La protagonista, un poco histérica de a ratos pero no se pasa, no es insoportable.
El protagonista... jejeje... ¿dónde consigo uno así?
Las escenas entre ellos: algunas (las discusiones y etc) son un poco repetitivas. Además no me queda claro por qué ella no lo banca al principio; como yo lo veo, no hay razón alguna y ese "rechazo" inicial es forzado. Las escenas de amor... candentes! ¡me encantaron!
Los secundarios: con ellos la autora tiene todo el chiste que le falta en el resto.
Cover Books 1 4 Jul 02, 2012 02:29PM
  • Hoodoo Money, First Edition
  • When Good Wishes Go Bad (As You Wish, #2)
  • Curse (Wicked, #2)
  • Fade to Black (Deadlines & Diamonds, #1)
  • Azufre y Sal
  • The Demon in Me (Living in Eden, #1)
  • Shadow Touch (Shadow Touch, #1)
  • Getting Familiar with Your Demon (That Old Black Magic, #4)
  • A Midwinter Fantasy (Strangely Beautiful, #2.5) (Sylph, #2.5) (The Magic Knot, #3)
  • Stealing Kevin's Heart
  • Undercover Professor
  • Simon Says (Friends and Lovers, #2)
  • Annie, Get Your Guy / Messing Around with Max
  • Hungry For You
  • The Black Diamond (Black Diamond, #2)
  • Girl vs Ghost (Misdirected Magic Trilogy, #1)
  • Born of Ashes (Guardians of Ascension, #4)
  • Embrace of the Damned (Brotherhood of the Damned, #1)

Time of Transition (3 books)
  • As You Wish (Time of Transition, #2)
  • Wishful Thinking (Time of Transition, #3)