Unsolved Mysteries of Science

Unsolved Mysteries of Science

3.67 of 5 stars 3.67  ·  rating details  ·  30 ratings  ·  4 reviews

Despite all the advances made by science in the twentieth century, as the twenty-first begins we still face a universe of unanswered questions. Join John Malone as he leads us on an entertaining and enlightening excursion into such mysteries as:

WHAT'S INSIDE THE EARTH?

Bubbling lava? A sunless ocean? Prehistoric animals (as Jules Verne imagined in his Journey to the

Published February 14th 2005 by MJF Books (first published 2001)

To ask other readers questions about Unsolved Mysteries of Science, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Unsolved Mysteries of Science

Andrew
This book I am undecided upon - First off I will consider myself a scientist (ok a lapsed one since I am now an engineer but once upon a time I was a chemist) so this book is a little frustrating, I think is how I would describe it. The way the book is presented is as if the subjects are stuck in amber - the topics first quotes historical discoveries and then posing the "unsolved question". So whats wrong with that - well for me I am aware that the book was published in 2001 and I am sure (in fa...more
Cheryl
This book was interesting. It was an easy way to read many theories in the science community. It was nice the author presented different sides of arguments without picking one. The biggest problem I have, though, is this book was very physics-centric. It would have been nice to read more chapters on biology or neuroscience or other areas.
John Sibley
The book was thought provoking.It made me re-look at grass?Is grass intrinsically green? Or is it how our brain process the color of grass. After all squirrels see grass as red and yellow?
Paula
A nice easy-reading review of a grab bag of science topics. Certainly somewhat out of date as this version was published in 2001.
Miriam Azupardo
Miriam Azupardo marked it as to-read
Jul 20, 2014
Jennifer Morgan
Jennifer Morgan marked it as to-read
May 18, 2014
Michael Emberton
Michael Emberton marked it as to-read
Mar 25, 2014
Tristan Drusky
Tristan Drusky marked it as to-read
Jan 30, 2014
Demetria
Demetria marked it as to-read
Jan 18, 2014
Internet Sehat
Internet Sehat marked it as to-read
Jun 17, 2013
Dylan Wright
Dylan Wright marked it as to-read
May 29, 2013
Shannon Duff
Shannon Duff marked it as to-read
May 20, 2013
Sean
Sean marked it as to-read
Jan 20, 2013
Jessica
Jessica marked it as to-read
Nov 12, 2012
Jacky
Jacky marked it as to-read
Oct 17, 2012
« previous 1 3 next »
21st Century Gay The 125 Most-Asked Questions about Cats (And the Answers) It Doesn't Take a Rocket Scientist: Great Amateurs of Science The 125 Most Asked Questions About Dogs (And The Answers) Predicting The Future: From Jules Verne To Bill Gates