Start by marking “jQuery Cookbook: Solutions & Examples for jQuery Developers” as Want to Read:
jQuery Cookbook: Solutions & Examples for jQuery Developers

jQuery Cookbook: Solutions & Examples for jQuery Developers

3.82 of 5 stars 3.82  ·  rating details  ·  161 ratings  ·  15 reviews
jQuery simplifies building rich, interactive web frontends. Getting started with this JavaScript library is easy, but it can take years to fully realize its breadth and depth; this cookbook shortens the learning curve considerably. With these recipes, you'll learn patterns and practices from 19 leading developers who use jQuery for everything from integrating simple compon ...more
Published December 3rd 2009 by O'Reilly Media (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about jQuery Cookbook, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about jQuery Cookbook

Glenn Burnside
This isn't really a book you read. It's a book you keep on hand, and look up tactical items as they show up on your to-do list. Some of the syntax and information is dated, so beware - the recipe for what you want to do might have changed since the book was written. This book is a great complement to "jQuery in Action" from Manning Press, which will tell you "what" you can do with jQuery, whereas this book will tell you, in detail, "how."
Michael Bond
Covers most of the situations one might encounter with jQuery. It was my first book on jQuery, so I started to read it straight through, which does work for a beginner in the early parts of the book. Eventually, though, this becomes tiresome as the recipes become very specific to your problem, and at that point the book becomes better as a mere reference.
Tom Olson
Originally submitted at O'Reilly

This has been a relatively clear book of how approach jQuery, and has information for all types of users. I've been using jQuery for a few years, and found it a good reference for understanding/addressing common problems. Plugin authoring, jQuery UI and QUnit all have significant sections in this book, so you also get support for good development practices that you wouldn't necessarily get out of the API.

The only trouble I have with this book is that jQuery update
Craig Cecil
I needed an intermediate to advanced book that covered the jQuery JavaScript library for someone who was already familiar with other JavaScript libraries (YUI, Dojo, MooTools). This book fit that need exactly. A quick ramp up on jQuery syntax at the beginning, then right into solutions for common operations, performance tuning, jQuery UI, themes, enhancements and extensions. The book concludes with sections on using jQuery in large projects, using the QUnit test framework, and one of the best se ...more
Delhi Irc
Location: GG6 IRC
Accession no: DL026653
Sonal Garg
GG6 DL026653
Alessandro Pellizzari
Ottimo manuale. Parte dalle basi di jQuery e arriva agli aspetti più reconditi, passando per alcuni plugin e il testing, senza tralasciare AJAX. Il tutto con esempi di codice chiari e ben spiegati. Se non fosse già di oltre 600 pagine, gli si potrebbe chiedere solo un maggiore approfondimento su jQueryUI, su cui comunque si trovano altri manuali appositi.
Marcus Sjölin
Denna bok gör verkligen sitt, jag kan inte komma på någon bättre bok för att lära sig använda jQuery på riktigt. Jag tror också på att jQuery är det bästa som kan användas nu, och det kommer antagligen fortsättas att utvecklas även när ny teknik kommer.
John
Oh well, I have to familiarize myself with some new coding approaches! Not exactly novel material but I still pick at it like the turkey bones at Thanksgiving time. Lot's of good meat there!
Greenicicle
Works well as a collection of (quite good) code examples and receipts, but nothing about the background technology. You should have some solid understanding of jQuery before you pick this one up.
Costin Grigore
With this book you easily understand what is possible to do with jquery. Now I see the cookbooks in a different light. Can be read from cover to cover without getting bored.
Michael Chase
Great book as a reference book. Some of the examples had what I thought were coding errors, but the author was quick to respond and explain why they were not.
Walied
This is a great book, stretching my mind. Although it's a JQuery book, but it added to my JS skills.
Recommended to read
Giuseppe Pizzimenti
un ricco "ricettario" di soluzioni , con diversi livelli di approfondimento e effettività a seconda dell'autore
Juha
Good for a non-web guy like myself in getting to know how common things are done with jQuery.
Гери
Гери marked it as to-read
Jan 27, 2015
Deane
Deane is currently reading it
Jan 19, 2015
Ray Evangelista
Ray Evangelista marked it as to-read
Jan 13, 2015
Tony Vonarx
Tony Vonarx marked it as to-read
Jan 12, 2015
Ryan Jackson
Ryan Jackson is currently reading it
Jan 06, 2015
Shekhar Sharma
Shekhar Sharma marked it as to-read
Dec 22, 2014
Jerry
Jerry marked it as to-read
Dec 21, 2014
  • Seven Languages in Seven Weeks
  • Learning Android
  • JavaScript Web Applications

Goodreads is hiring!

If you like books and love to build cool products, we may be looking for you.
Learn more »
JavaScript Enlightenment DOM Enlightenment jQuery Enlightenment jQuery Succinctly JavaScript Succinctly