Start by marking “When Night Falls” as Want to Read:
When Night Falls
Open Preview read ebook

When Night Falls (Satrins #2)

3.75 of 5 stars 3.75  ·  rating details  ·  588 ratings  ·  21 reviews
On the dying world of Nardyl, in the land of the Saitren, Dr. Tessa Bergin becomes the 'spoils' of the victor, captive of Lucien, a demon-like being who has the power to steal her will to resist him with no more than a kiss, and possesses her-mind, body and soul-with tortuous carnal pleasures.
Paperback
Published June 1st 2005 by New Concepts Publishing (first published June 1st 2004)

To ask other readers questions about When Night Falls, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about When Night Falls

Grim by M.K. EidemRal's Woman by Laurann DohnerBay's Mercenary by C.L. ScholeyStarkissed by Lanette CuringtonBerrr's Vow by Laurann Dohner
Alien & Earth woman romance/erotica
46th out of 319 books — 243 voters
Ral's Woman by Laurann DohnerClaimed by Evangeline AndersonHunted by Evangeline AndersonGrim by M.K. EidemSought by Evangeline Anderson
Mars Needs Women Trope
89th out of 313 books — 313 voters

More lists with this book...

Lyndi
How does this author keep writing such horrible heroines? Racist, ignorant, prejudice, selfish, insulting, fickle, dishonest, and naive. And they're always doctors. I'm developing a serious lack of faith in medical professionals of all specialties from reading these books.

After reading 4 stories by this same author, I could write an instructional How-to book titled "What Not To Do When Abducted By Aliens" or something similar.

For this book...

1. Do not take the only lander out on a solo rescue mi
Daisiemae
Mar 30, 2008 Daisiemae rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Sci-fi, erotic romance readers
Recommended to Daisiemae by: Julie (jjmachshev)
This is the first book I have read by this author, and I was NOT disappointed. I usually struggle getting into the futuristic/sci-fi settings,but I had no problem with this one. For one thing, the characters were well thought out and the plot seemed to go really smooth.

A word of warning, this book is not for readers who are easily offended by strong sexual situtations, strong language, violence or light BDSM.

Dr. Tessa Bergin is on a scientific expedition from Earth to Nardyl. Expecting to see a
Hayat
I read this book last year but I haven't rated it because I wanted some distance to clear my mind and if possible, scrub the memory of it out of my head. But sadly, I remember it like it was yesterday.

Good points:
The plots was interesting
The hero was a lonely and emotionally tortured hunk with soft gooey centre. I love my damaged heroes.
Scorching sexy times!

Downside:
The character development was't great but then I didn't have high expectation since this is scifi romance.
The romantic elements wa
Dana-Maria
This was a very enjoying read. I very much liked the fact that the two characters have d due to the differences develop an inner struggle, but I also liked very much the fact that, at the end of the day, the story is about love and how it surpasses physical differences. Even though a sci-fi erotic romance, where the hero is close to the medieval depictions of the devil, I thoroughly enjoyed the love story and was left with a feeling of wellbeing after finishing reading. Five stars are given for ...more
Carolyn F.
Story story. 83 pages. Re-read. I absolutely love Kaitlyn O'Connor and this story is so sweet, full of misunderstanding and hurtful things spoke in fear or anger. Very enjoyable.

Previous review 06/11/11I loved this book. The cover was a little scary, in a weird way, but the book was actually so good. This author is excellent. Every one of her books has been so different. This one was as best I can describe as quiet. Tessa and Lucien were getting to know each other but not really. There was a lo
Utah Romance Reader
DNF

A certain amount of cray cray is fine by me, but after the first third of this book I think I was done. Like, the premise can be crazy (like the Last Hour of Gann) but needs a good story and character development (like the Last Hour of Gann) and just...something that this book was missing that I can't put my finger on.
Ladymcbeth
Good book ... I just realise that I begin with the second book of the serie ... shit !

Why I didn't give 5 stars ... it's because the devil hero tells her he can take her home ... just like that !
it was kind of strange to me :/

Well and now I just have to read the first book :/
Lucy
Well this was different! Could the mythological devil and demons of Christian lore actually be aliens who visited Earth and scared the Jesus into us?! I really liked this book. I felt bad fore Lucien when the heroine treated him badly. Highly recommend.
Denise
I did not like that we had only one POV ... it detracted a lot from the book and made me doubt my feelings toward the hero...could have been an amazing book... like that it is just the next annoying book .. great potential but no delivery...
Jessica Weissenburger
I read this story a long time ago, though I've re-read it more than once. I didn't care overly much for this series. It was well written and somewhat interesting to a point, but it sort of veers off the path of interesting and into a pole about midway through.

It quickly went from being an interesting paranormal tale to being a mildly interesting story with a lot of coincidences and over dramatic flare that was entirely unnecessary.

This story sets up the the sequel where the hero's father becomes
Kelleyj
Probably my favorite Kaitlyn O'Connor sci-fi romance. Loved Lucien.
Lady Raven RAVE!
....................................................(- .That is me trying to sum up what I want to say about this book. I am open to reading anything new with a different kind of concept. After saying that I really did like the book Lucien was a likable character and Tess what a sweet heart she was just trying to do the right thing by looking for her friend and that's how she is captured by Lucien. My faith is strong enough where I can read this I will try other books by the author though but no ...more
Kitt
I don't think i have ever disliked the 'heroine' in a story before as much as i dislike Tessa. I'm sure somewhere there is a line up of people that want to knock the stupidity out of her as much as i do, i would get back in line to keep doing it over and over again.
Xena Dove
damn fine alien hero. Not exactly cocky a sexy nerd kinda devil man.
Melinda
I really enjoyed this book. It addressed a lot of human issues concerning aliens and what a person of Earth may think. I would hope like the character in the book, I would be able to overcome my first impressions as well.

My only issue with the book, is that it was too short. I thought maybe it could have added more information about the 2 races on the planet and why they were unable to get along. Maybe this will be addressed in another book.

This was a good read and would recommend it.
Starapple
I like the cover in a weird way.
I liked the world building.
I liked the story line and plot.
I found the heroine somewhat annoying. Especially when she kept trying to escape to literally nowhere.
The story was too short, but I will be looking for the other books in the series.
I liked the play on angels and demons.
Jill Myles
What is this cover? I do not even know. Yikes.

Anyhow, I've been on a 'chick gets stranded in space' sort of kick and this one fell into my lap. I had high hopes for the space parts but it quickly turns into a devil-looking-guy-enslaves-hot-earthling. Quick and pleasant but I dunno if I'm on board for more.
Jacqueline
Not as good as some others by this author. Wasn't as funny as some nor as well developed world building wise. Plot was a bit thin and the book was short and the heroine did some hurtful things. Took the story a while to take off then the ending was rushed. Just okay.
C.J.
Good story but I found Tessa to be irritating with the constant back and forth on what she wanted. Lucien was a fab character and the story had a nice ending.
Gabriela
I sincerely had no idea what to expect when I picked this up but I'm glad I did because it was a very enjoyable read. Demons and angels FTW!
Emmy
I ship Lucien and Tessa so much! I love them! They are my new favrite OTP! They give me feels! Oh, haha, I see that joke there, hehe.....
Kasey Sutten
Kasey Sutten marked it as to-read
Jan 24, 2015
Amanda
Amanda marked it as to-read
Jan 23, 2015
Stacey Lee
Stacey Lee marked it as to-read
Jan 20, 2015
Ffion
Ffion marked it as to-read
Jan 19, 2015
  • Charlie's Bargain
  • Starkissed
  • Hold
  • Tempting Tara (Warriors of Kelon, #2)
  • Arena Station (Champions of Terra, #1)
  • Breeding Ground
  • Conquest: Earth
  • Lyon's Price (Zodiac Cyborgs, #1)
  • Brianna (Celestial Passions, #1)
  • Demon's Captive (War Tribe, #1)
  • The Trigon Rituals (Trigon Rituals #1)
  • Lucy in the Sky
  • Bay's Mercenary (Unearthly World, #1)
  • Tyger, Tyger Burning Bryght (Orion, #1)
  • The Savage King (Lords of the Var, #1)
  • Nyssa's Guardian (More Than Male, #1)
  • Fallen Star (Interstellar Service & Discipline, #2)
  • Intentional Abduction (Alien Abduction, #2)
Stats:
■Kaitlyn has written and completed nearly 140 intellectual properties under several pen names in different genres.
■She has written over 8,000,000 (yes, more than 8 million!) words in published works.
■She has nearly 50 partials in various genres in various stages of completion. :0
■In 2004 she wrote 27 different stories which, together, amounted to nearly a million ‘printed’ words.
■Howeve
More about Kaitlyn O'Connor...

Satrins (2 books)
  • When Dawn Breaks
Genesis (Enslaved, #1) Cyborg (Cyberevolution, #4) The 9th Orb The Lion's Woman Cyborg Nation (Cyberevolution, #6)

“He got worse as the night wore on. Tessa tried not to think about the wound, tried not to think about what she was going to do if he died and left her alone. Instead, she concentrated on doing what she could to keep the fever down and keep him comfortable, dragging a chair over to the side of the bed when she became too weary to stay awake any longer and dozing in it for short respites.

Toward morning, he began to thrash about on the bed, muttering. She bathed his heated skin again and finally climbed into bed beside him. He quieted when she pulled his head against her breasts and stroked his hair soothingly.”
0 likes
“They were gone. They'd come for her, but she'd missed them and she was never going to get home again.

When she finally turned toward the door to the apartment once more, she saw that Lucien had dragged himself from the bed. He was braced in the door frame, his dark skin bleached of color.”
0 likes