Start by marking “Kill Audio” as Want to Read:
Kill Audio

Kill Audio

KILL AUDIO follows the adventures of an immortal little troll of a man who struggles to find purpose in a land where creativity is a controlled substance. When musical creativity spirals into chaos, KILL AUDIO discovers his life mission. From the creator of the best-selling THE AMORY WARS!
Published July 27th 2010 by BOOM! Studios (first published 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Kill Audio, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Kill Audio

Mar 01, 2016 David rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: graphic-novels
First, let me get a couple things out of the way.
1) I’ve been a huge Coheed and Cambria fan for a little while now, and that’s the only reason I even know this exists.

2) I haven’t actually read any of Claudio’s Amory Wars stuff yet, so this is, for whatever reason, the very first thing I chose to read by him.

So, knowing only that Claudio was good at making great music and as yet unproven to me as being good at anything else, I had very low expectations going in, perhaps raised somewhat by the hi
Brenda Ayala
Feb 13, 2016 Brenda Ayala rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: signed
This would do very, very well classified as bizarro fiction (if it weren't a graphic novel). It's weird as fuck and probably gory enough to gross some people out.

I won't do a synopsis because everyone's done it already and it's pretty straight forward--Kill Audio has to police the world of Sight & Sound to keep musical creativity under control. Bet you couldn't tell that by the name, huh!?

It's just all over the place in the best way. There's characters who really don't have any kind of use.
Sep 26, 2010 Matthew rated it liked it
Kill Audio is a an ugly troll of a fellow who lives in the land of Sight and Sound, a place where creativity is all important but controlled like a commodity. Kill Audio is a Void, a creature made to take down creative musical elements before they get too crazy and powerful. With the help of his crew----a song-quoting skeleton, a jive-talking rooster and an animated pillow----KA uncovers a plot to take down the very fabric of society. Jammed-packed with references to music, art and literature t ...more
Trevor Firetog
I'm sorry, but I just need to say it... what the hell was Claudio thinking?

I am a huge fan of Coheed and Cambria, as well as the Amory Wars. But this book is absolutely terrible. The script is incoherent and doesn't seem to make any sense. I have tried on multiple occasions to just power through this and not think about it, but all the characters are the same, and all the emotions are just flat. There doesn't seem to be really any storyline... just random characters cursing and doing cocaine. Th
Mar 06, 2016 Jack rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics
I had high hopes based on the premise and a recommendation. The art is really cool, sort of surreal graffiti-style, and there are a few clever ideas (the "Kisses" that pump pop music into unwilling ears until people love it, the designs of the genres and sub-genres). But the characters are boring, the writing doesn't hang together, and the whole thing feels like a high person narrating his own masturbatory fever dream. This would work better as an annotated sketchbook than as a narrative. Anyone ...more
Marc D
Jun 29, 2012 Marc D rated it really liked it
One of Sanchez's first writing attempts aside from the Coheed and Cambria saga. Creative but hard to follow so i couldn't give it a 5th star. Worth all the trouble to be able to dive into such an original story. Music fans will appreciate the references from all over the music realm and do check those out. They are listed at the back of each issue.
Sep 04, 2010 Sheila rated it it was amazing
Kill Audio is the story of a short immortal man who's just trying to find his way in life. His story unfolds as his nemesis tries to kill his with a series of knife throwing knives. When this, of course, doesn't kill Kill Audio, Fixler tells him to find his purpose in life and maybe things will get better for him. This sends him on an entertaining journey that's unforgettable.
I don't like books that make no sense for the sake making no sense, have random crap for the sake of having random crap, characters that have cutout personalities, and don't go anywhere, . I'll probably write an actual review, but I just wanted to get my two cents in really quick.
Oct 13, 2013 Hilary rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a very strange story with very odd characters. I liked the originality of the story but felt at times the graphics were hard to interpret. Overall not bad but I didn't love this.
Ernesto Rivera
Jan 02, 2011 Ernesto Rivera rated it it was amazing
Funny, beautiful and just plain weird. Its visually stunning. While the humor may go over most peoples heads there's still a lot that can be found in this graphic novel.
Megan rated it really liked it
Feb 03, 2015
John rated it liked it
Oct 02, 2016
Ryan rated it it was amazing
Jan 19, 2016
Jordan rated it liked it
May 22, 2013
Deanna rated it really liked it
Nov 11, 2012
Ethan Harrison
Ethan Harrison rated it really liked it
Jan 29, 2014
Anthony Gatlin
Anthony Gatlin rated it it was amazing
Apr 24, 2012
Tanner rated it really liked it
Aug 20, 2014
T.marcetti rated it liked it
Feb 01, 2016
Lanye rated it it was amazing
Jan 25, 2014
Rodgee rated it liked it
Jun 02, 2013
Max rated it it was ok
Aug 09, 2012
Justin Woodward
Justin Woodward rated it really liked it
Dec 11, 2015
Emily Schneider
Emily Schneider rated it it was amazing
Dec 18, 2015
Ryan rated it it was amazing
May 01, 2013
Sami rated it liked it
Dec 28, 2012
Edd rated it it was amazing
Jun 13, 2012
Ben rated it it was amazing
Aug 24, 2013
Jeremy rated it liked it
Jun 11, 2014
Nicholas rated it liked it
Sep 27, 2014
  • Essential Amazing Spider-Man, Vol. 5
  • Wolverine by Greg Rucka Ultimate Collection
  • Daredevil: The Devil's Hand
  • Silent Hill Omnibus
Claudio Paul Sanchez III (born March 12, 1978, in Suffern, New York, United States) is an American writer and musician of Puerto Rican and Italian descent best known for being the lead singer and guitarist for the alternative/progressive rock group Coheed and Cambria. He is the creator of the comic book series The Amory Wars, as well as Key of Z and Kill Audio, both co-written with wife Chondra Ec ...more
More about Claudio Sánchez...