One Blue Fish: A Colorful Counting Book

One Blue Fish: A Colorful Counting Book

3.89 of 5 stars 3.89  ·  rating details  ·  46 ratings  ·  11 reviews
Count from one to ten in this vibrant, graphically illustrated title from Charles Reasoner that introduces the first concepts of colors and counting!
Published July 20th 2010 by Little Simon (first published 2010)

Michelle Doerr
I characterize this book as a picture book for the nursery audience. I gave it 5 stars because I am positive my daughter learned a lot from this book! Also, the book has tremendous color and is very appealing to young children. I know this from experience because I use it at least weekly at my daycare. This is a book which teaches numbers, how to spell the numbers, and colors. I read this book almost daily with my daughter and at the age of 2, she still loves it! Now that she is so familiar wit...more
Kelli
This bright book is full of surprises. On each set of facing pages is a digit, from one to ten, with its name written in word form opposite. The giant number is the same color as the objects under the flap. For intstance, under the red number nine are nine red dragonflies. Counting, colors and vocabulary for babies and toddlers are delivered in a most enjoyable package. Plus, the lift-the-flap format thrills the young reader again and again.
Mary Jo Garcia
I realize that children need high-impact color and they like interactive texts that allow them to move the pieces and reveal words and pictures. As an adult reader of children's books, I find this sort of thing rather tedious (unless we're talking about certain pop-up books). This is a concept book that teaches numbers mostly but also teaches color and animals. I think children would love it; I, however, wasn't all that impressed.
Adrienne
Not only colorful--which it is, but also an excellent choice for counting in the summer, as all of the items, 1 through 10 are things you might see this time of year flying or hopping around, swimming in the stream or floating on the pond.
Denise
Each number serves as a flap that when lifted reveals 2 white swans, followed by 3 green frogs...up to the number 10. This is a great book to share with tiny tots/toddlers.
Carol
Feb 12, 2012 Carol rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommended to Carol by: preschool - early elementary
Excellent book clearly and colorfully presents numbers 1-10 with their spelling, numbers, and the number of objects represented.
John
One thought circled around my mind while reading this well designed counting book: I'm thankful for the printed book.
Heather
too bad we don't have this in the library, perfect for preschool storytime with beautiful, bright colors
Ruth
Read it for my baby Lapsit program and it worked great because the group counted along with me.
Edward Sullivan
Colors and numbers--two concepts in one book.
Kim
bright colors, large fold out flaps
Mrs Mary
Mrs Mary marked it as to-read
Feb 16, 2014
Elizabeth
Elizabeth marked it as to-read
Jun 22, 2013
Kelly Elmore stephens
Kelly Elmore stephens marked it as to-read
Apr 06, 2013