Start by marking “Where Is Tippy Toes?” as Want to Read:
Where Is Tippy Toes?

Where Is Tippy Toes?

3.78 of 5 stars 3.78  ·  rating details  ·  135 ratings  ·  26 reviews
Tippy Toes is a tricky cat—sneaking, hiding, creeping, slinking. Over here. Over there. His house is the perfect place to tiptoe the day away, lurking behind unsuspecting birds and mice, crouching behind garden posies, and surprising a little boy with his unusual hiding spots. Die-cut pages let readers discover where Tippy Toe goes as his day unfolds, and end up...more
Published July 6th 2010 by Atheneum Books for Young Readers (first published 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Where Is Tippy Toes?, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Where Is Tippy Toes?

Sarah Sammis
Where Is Tippy Toes? by Betsy Lewin is a lift the flap type book about a ginger cat who likes to hide. Tippy's child owner knows all the cat's hiding places, even if no one else does.

Children are asked to guess where Tippy is hiding as they turn the pages. There's usually a small clue peeking out from the flap (an ear, a tail, maybe the cat's eyes). A quick flip and Tippy's hiding spot is revealed.

There's a sentimental ending for any child growing up with a beloved cat in the family. My daughter...more
Amanda
Tippy Toes is your typical cat, sneaking around sometimes being naughty, sometimes being nice. Tippy Toes is in the garden being sprayed by the hose, now he's sneaking around at night, next he's looking for a drawer to curl up in. As Tippy Toes journey through his day, you'll go with him turning the heavy cut out pages that make this book a winner for younger readers. At the end of the book, you'll find that this is a good bedtime book just as the kids are starting to wind down.
Lesley Dahlseng
Tippy Toes is a busy kitty. From tippy toeing across a blueberry pie to escaping the squirt of a garden hose, we get to find out where Tippy Toes goes! Unique cut-outs tie in the feeling of hide-and-seek and create anticipation with each page turn. Short and simple rhyme lead us through all this fun, making it a great read for toddlers. The best page turner is the ending, when we get to literally pull back the blanket to find Tippy Toes asleep with the little boy (who ends up being the narrator)...more
Tasha
In the morning, everyone knows where Tippy Toes the cat is. Even the mouse is aware Tippy Toes is right outside his mouse hole. But once night falls, Tippy Toes sneaks around, blending in. In fact, only one person knows where Tippy Toes disappears to late at night, but readers are invited to find out! A very child-friendly format with cut-outs on the heavy pages that will have children engaged immediately, this book is sure to be enjoyed by fans of Spot.

Lewin keeps the words to a minimum here, u...more
Joanna Marple
"Everyone knows where Tippy Toes is

when the sun is up and the day is his.

The Mouse in his hole knows the soft pit pat...

of Tippy Toes's step on his welcome mat."

Everyone can see what the rascally, orange kitty, Tippy Toes, gets up to during the daylight hours - sneaking up on mouse holes, snoozing in dresser drawers etc. But no one knows where he heads once the sky is dark and the moon is up. Where is Tippy Toes? Who might know his nighttime escapades?

Why I like this book:

strong cadence
simple
s...more
Margo Tanenbaum
An adorable new picture book by the wonderful Betsy Lewin of Click Clack Moo fame. This book is told in rhyming couplets, and with its extra thick pages and cut outs it's perfect for very young children (toddlers and preschoolers. I loved the colorful artwork, with its vibrant black outlines, which capture the curiosity and personality of Tippy Toes the cat. Everyone knows where he goes during the daytime, but nobody knows where he goes at night! At the end, we see that his young owner knows whe...more
Stacy
The pictures are great. I read this to a group of 3/4 year olds and I had to paraphrase a bit because the prose wasn't very lyrical. I saw no benefit to the name Tippy Toes, which when repeated through out the book just didn;t make sense. If you are going to name your main character a strange and unusual name then you need to explain why. This book is probably a lot more on point for 2-2.5 year olds.
Rheta Thola
I thought that the story was interesting, and the half pages that you flipped to see the other side of the picture (like underneath the blanket) were fun. But it seemed that the illustrations didn't really hold a 2-year old's interest. The kitty just didn't look kitty-enough for her.
Marta-Kate
I will definitley be using this book in my next Cat or Summertime storytime and will suggest it to parents looking for a bedtime story too. Betsy Lewin's oversize illustrations are fabulous as usual and her rhymes are short and sweet.
Katie Parker
A sweet story of the daily travels of kitty, Tippy Toes with equally sweet ending. Think: bedtime story.

(Sentimental note: I once had a kitty named Tippy Toes!).

Lovely illustrations typical of Betsy Lewin.
Allison
This book is written and wonderfully illustated by Besy Lewin, winner of the Caldecott Honor bor Click, Clack, MOO: Cows that type. This book describes the adventures of Tippy Toes the cat.
Sarah BT
I used this in storytime and it was a big hit. The kids loved the illustrations and the cuttouts are great. It's a great book for guessing and question and answer.
Gin
Shared this with 2 & 3 year olds in storytime and had fun building anticipation with the flaps. Presents opportunity for predictions and question/answer as well.
Anna
I read this for my Toddler story time. The kids loved looking for Tippy Toes on every page. A lift the flap book with colorful pictures.
Jess Brown
What is Tippy Toes? Lift the flap to find him! Sweet book. I love the interactive ones for the younger crowd. Lots of fun!
Beverly
Has Lewin's signature cartooney illustrations with lift-flaps; great for story times
Danica Midlil
Would be an excellent read aloud to toddlers with the see-through-the-hole pages.
Leah
A sweet story about a cat with great illustrations and cutouts on every few pages.
Ecl  Storytellers
Rhyming, page cut-outs lead listener through the cat's surprise hide-outs
Danielle Wynn
Great book to use when teaching inferring! Great Illustrations!
Polly
Cute book cat book, but nothing special.
Denise
Great storytime book for toddlers.
Lindsay
Peek-a-boo flaps and great rhymes
Clarissa
A cute read-aloud for the younger set.
Caren
Clever use of pages. Fun art.
Rachel
Good book for inferring.
Niyah N
Niyah N marked it as to-read
Oct 22, 2014
Kierstan Schwab
Kierstan Schwab marked it as to-read
Oct 10, 2014