Start by marking “My Kinsman Major Molineux” as Want to Read:
My Kinsman Major Molineux

My Kinsman Major Molineux

3.23 of 5 stars 3.23  ·  rating details  ·  268 ratings  ·  9 reviews

THIS 34 PAGE ARTICLE WAS EXTRACTED FROM THE BOOK: The Garden of Romance, by Nathaniel Hawthorne. To purchase the entire book, please order ISBN 0766148335.

Published December 1st 2005 by Kessinger Publishing (first published 1831)

To ask other readers questions about My Kinsman Major Molineux, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about My Kinsman Major Molineux

The Importance of Being Earnest by Oscar WildeThe Playboy of the Western World by J.M. SyngeRabbit, Run by John UpdikeThe Dead by James Joyce'Tis by Frank McCourt
The Last Sentence Is the Book Title
20th out of 42 books — 22 voters
The Brothers Karamazov by Fyodor DostoyevskyThe Magician's Nephew by C.S. LewisThe Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey NiffeneggerWives and Daughters by Elizabeth GaskellThe Daughter of Time by Josephine Tey
Kin
366th out of 680 books — 67 voters

More lists with this book...

Richard F. Schiller
A brief and interesting short story of allegory. The Old World Brits are succeeded by the New World Americans.
Rebecca Lentz
Never quite understood this tale, although it was creepy!
Becca-Rawr
I like Hawthorne, really. I've written papers on Hawthorne, read several shorts stories and biographies. But there's always one piece in an author's library that makes you shrug your shoulders and go 'eh.'

"My Kinsman, Major Molineux," was eh... I could see the plot behind it and the purpose, but it was otherwise unremarkable.
Wedad Rami
How is really Hawthorne a genius by using Robin and Major as symbols for the political conflict between America and Britain which was taken place that time in America .. The most quotation I loved is " you may rise in the world without the help of your kinsman , Major Molineux "
Patricia
Matt DeLateur
more going on than meets the eye
Teresa
Short story of a young man's coming-of-age (over the course of one night), set right before the American Revolution. Hawthorne had a way of making any topic haunting with his wonderful use of imagery.
Camila
I liked it. Not of my particular taste but entretaining. A bit predictable. A good example of an initiation story (coming of age), with interesting descriptions.
Raisi
Mar 25, 2013 Raisi added it
Poor Robin, I bet he was the entire evening thinking WTF is wrong with everybody hahaha.
Zefi
Zefi added it
Oct 04, 2014
Sam
Sam added it
Sep 16, 2014
Austin Wood
Austin Wood is currently reading it
Sep 14, 2014
Yashwin Kumar
Yashwin Kumar marked it as to-read
Aug 31, 2014
Morpheus
Morpheus marked it as to-read
Aug 11, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
Nathaniel Hawthorne was a 19th century American novelist and short story writer. He is seen as a key figure in the development of American literature for his tales of the nation's colonial history.

Shortly after graduating from Bowdoin College, Hathorne changed his name to Hawthorne. Hawthorne anonymously published his first work, a novel titled Fanshawe, in 1828. In 1837, he published Twice-Told T...more
More about Nathaniel Hawthorne...
The Scarlet Letter The House of the Seven Gables Young Goodman Brown and Other Short Stories Young Goodman Brown The Minister's Black Veil

“May not one man have several voices, Robin, as well as two complexions?” 1 likes