Start by marking “Ken Jennings's Trivia Almanac” as Want to Read:
Ken Jennings's Trivia Almanac

Ken Jennings's Trivia Almanac

4.01  ·  Rating Details  ·  140 Ratings  ·  11 Reviews
Ken Jennings’s Trivia Almanac is the ingeniously organized book where, for a change, the all-time Jeopardy! champ gets to ask the questions–and where every day of the year will give you the chance to test your trivia mettle.

For example–February 21: In 1912, on this day, Teddy Roosevelt coined the political phrase “hat in the ring,” so Ken Jennings fires off a series of “ri
Published January 15th 2008 by Villard (first published January 15th 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Ken Jennings's Trivia Almanac, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ken Jennings's Trivia Almanac

Mindy
Nov 19, 2008 Mindy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Alright, I haven't read all 7,777 questions. (By the way, there are more than that! Ken just thought 7,777 sounded good in the title.) What's more I can not answer very many of the questions. I actually would like to give this book a lower rating because it interfered with my trip to Italy- Ken was correcting proofs. On the other hand the advance helped to pay for the trip to Italy. Alright, 5 stars it is.
Adam
Jun 05, 2009 Adam rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
There are a whole lot of trivia books out there, but most are cheapie collections of stuff compiled from all the standard sources, not organized in any interesting way, and not a lot of balance given to try to keep a good fraction of the questions doable. Ken Jennings's Trivia Almanac is head and shoulders above these, the first real masterpiece of the trivia world. The day-by-day organization is quite compelling; you can make it like a daily trivia devotional, or just get in a day or two with e ...more
Blaine DeSantis
May 15, 2014 Blaine DeSantis rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A lot of info, which is good, but not overly thrilled with the organization of the book
Rory
Jul 15, 2010 Rory rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: pub quiz nerds unite!
I really enjoyed Jenning's "Brainiac" and really enjoy his blog and, wow, does this compendium deliver, too! Jennings is obviously very smart, but he's also down-to-earth, funny and connected to people who--like him--just love knowing stuff for the sake of knowing it. Especially knowing strange and amazing and surprising and obscure things. This is set up as a daily almanac of facts and questions and it's really well put together. I wish I owned it!
John
Jun 22, 2008 John rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: trivia
My wife and I love trivia games. Ken Jennings has masterfully created a great book of questions and answers on everything from sports to politics to geography and some even very random categories. My wife and I quiz each other in the car or whenever we have a few minutes to kill. It's not a book you read cover-to-cover, but it's great for ocasional perusing. We love it!
Nucking Futs the Fire Fairy Book-a-holic
This is probably the most fun trivia book i've read so far. The trivia questions are really interesting and the organization of the segments is entertaining. My only problem here is the position of the answer key. I wish the author had made it easier to check the answers.
Missy
Feb 18, 2008 Missy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone who enjoys the trivia
Recommended to Missy by: Jen and Raj
Shelves: reference
I'm a little confused by the icon as the book I have contains 8,888 trivia questions... but it appears to be the same book described. It's cleverly written and organized and Raj helped edit it!
Julie
Oct 20, 2012 Julie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I didn't like the way it was laid out - you had to keep looking up the correct answers in the back of the book...
Krystle Kouture
Nov 29, 2011 Krystle Kouture rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: trivia-books
Not really done, just sick of seeing it on my Currently reading shelf:P

Love what i've read to far though!
Sarah Murphy Traylor
OMG. This trivia is LEGIT, son.
Ricky
Jul 19, 2011 Ricky rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
brain overload
Todd Pontius
Todd Pontius rated it really liked it
Feb 09, 2016
Brian
Brian marked it as to-read
Feb 02, 2016
Daniel
Daniel is currently reading it
Feb 02, 2016
Dan Wiley
Dan Wiley rated it liked it
Jan 22, 2016
Katie
Katie marked it as to-read
Jan 12, 2016
Antoine Brown
Antoine Brown rated it it was amazing
Jan 07, 2016
Adrienne Kelish
Adrienne Kelish marked it as to-read
Jan 05, 2016
Rob Trainor
Rob Trainor marked it as to-read
Jan 04, 2016
Mwarady22
Mwarady22 marked it as to-read
Jan 03, 2016
Jessica
Jessica is currently reading it
Jan 02, 2016
Tracy Pulliam
Tracy Pulliam marked it as to-read
Dec 12, 2015
Vikas Prasad
Vikas Prasad marked it as to-read
Dec 09, 2015
Ian Cathey
Ian Cathey rated it really liked it
Dec 07, 2015
Y
Y is currently reading it
Dec 04, 2015
Caroline Ward-nesbit
Caroline Ward-nesbit marked it as to-read
Dec 04, 2015
Susan
Susan marked it as to-read
Nov 30, 2015
Emily
Emily rated it it was amazing
Dec 13, 2015
  • How Does Aspirin Find a Headache? : An Imponderables' Book
  • The World's Greatest Book of Useless Information: If You Thought You Knew All the Things You Didn't Need to Know - Think Again
  • Mental Floss: Cocktail Party Cheat Sheets
  • The Ultimate Book of Top Ten Lists: A Mind-Boggling Collection of Fun, Fascinating and Bizarre Facts on Movies, Music, Sports, Crime, Celebrities, History, Trivia and More
  • Where Do Nudists Keep Their Hankies?: ... and Other Naughty Questions You Always Wanted Answered
  • Fact. Fact. Bullsh*t!: Learn the Truth and Spot the Lie on Everything from Tequila-Made Diamonds to Tetris's Soviet Roots - Plus Tons of Other Totally Random Facts from Science, History and Beyond!
  • The People's Almanac Presents the Book of Lists
  • Listverse.com's Ultimate Book of Bizarre Lists: Fascinating Facts and Shocking Trivia on Movies, Music, Crime, Celebrities, History, and More
  • The Handy History Answer Book (1st Ed.)
  • mental floss presents Instant Knowledge (Collins Gem)
  • Prisoner of Trebekistan: A Decade in Jeopardy!
  • Square Peg: My Story and What It Means for Raising Innovators, Visionaries, and Out-of-the-Box Thinkers
  • Curious Folks Ask: 162 Real Answers on Amazing Inventions, Fascinating Products, and Medical Mysteries
  • mental floss presents Condensed Knowledge: A Deliciously Irreverent Guide to Feeling Smart Again
  • Rumsfeld's Rules: Leadership Lessons in Business, Politics, War, and Life
  • The Doubter's Companion: A Dictionary of Aggressive Common Sense
  • Inside Rehab: The Surprising Truth About Addiction Treatment—and How to Get Help That Works
  • The Geeks' Guide to World Domination: Be Afraid, Beautiful People
Kenneth Wayne Jennings III (born May 23, 1974) holds the record for the longest winning streak on the U.S. syndicated game show Jeopardy! Jennings won 74 games before he was defeated by challenger Nancy Zerg on his 75th appearance. His total earnings on Jeopardy! are US$3,022,700 ($2,520,700 in winnings, a $2,000 consolation prize on his 75th appearance, and $500,000 in the Jeopardy! Ultimate Tour ...more
More about Ken Jennings...