Start by marking “Leven Thumps- The Complete Series (Leven Thumps, #1-5)” as Want to Read:
Leven Thumps- The Complete Series (Leven Thumps, #1-5)

Leven Thumps- The Complete Series (Leven Thumps #1-5)

4.43  ·  Rating Details  ·  346 Ratings  ·  26 Reviews
Foo-the place between the possible and the impossible- is a realm inside the minds of each of us. It is a place that allows mankind the power to hope and imagine and, most important, to dream. Leven Thumps, once an ordinary fourteen-year-old boy from Oklahoma, has a special gift that he is unaware of-a gift that could save the dreams of all mankind. Join Leven and his frie ...more
Published November 17th 2009 by Shadow Mountain (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Leven Thumps- The Complete Series, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Leven Thumps- The Complete Series

Jill Hill
Jan 25, 2011 Jill Hill rated it liked it
There are books that are seemingly written by a dry English teacher: technically perfect but the story and/or characters are lacking. Then there are books where the story and characters are interesting and have potential, but the author's writing (or lack of good editing) gets in the way. These books fall into the latter category. Interesting premise, fun/mostly likable characters, but the writing drove me nuts. I learned to skip the first paragraph of every chapter because it was an unnecessary ...more
Eliza
Oct 26, 2010 Eliza rated it it was amazing
For starters, this is one of my favorite books of all time!!! It's incredible!!!! I don't even know what to say it's so good; there's no way to explain it. Plot, characters, setting: amazing!!!! Obert Skye is so talented!! I love how he explains things in random ways and I love how he's in the story but not at the same time. It's a wonderful way of reasuring readers that Foo is real, not pretend!
P.S. Isn't Clover hilarious?
Jan 13, 2011 Jennifer rated it really liked it
I pick up books for my son to read, but end up reading them myself. I really enjoyed this series. The characters and story line are captivating and you just can't put it down. I found myself anxious for the next book in the series to be released. Yes, this is for young adults - but aren't we all young adults? What is wrong with reading something you wouldn't be afraid to have someone see on your bookshelf?
Hallie O'malley
Mar 22, 2014 Hallie O'malley rated it it was amazing
This is an awesome series! It is full of action and humor. I especially love Clover and his void full of candy and other interesting items!:) Everyone should read these books!
Ryn A.
Nov 24, 2015 Ryn A. rated it liked it
The universe built was unique and interesting, as well as the characters, the powers, etc. I haven't read it in a while, but I remember it wasn't to my taste as a kid. Maybe my opinion will change now, maybe not. Anyway, I don't plan on reading it again anytime soon. Still, it's good for kids starting out on the "long fantasy fiction" road :)
Becky
Jun 13, 2015 Becky rated it liked it
Quirky and different youth fantasy!
Michael Watts
Dec 03, 2014 Michael Watts rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy
Awesome!!!!
Linnae
Aug 15, 2012 Linnae rated it liked it
The adventure continues. Leven, Winter, Geth, and Clover do what they can and what they must to try to save Foo against seemingly impossible odds.

Clever and imaginative. The author's asides at the beginning of almost every chapter added greatly to the enjoyment. This series would be a fun read-aloud for elementary or middle school-aged kids.

Jeannine
Jul 14, 2012 Jeannine rated it really liked it
Read the entire series with my husband. Admittedly I missed some of details because I fell asleep out of pure exhaustion (definitely not boredom), but I plan on re-reading the last three books. I bought another set for my Dad and I'm looking forward to my grandkids being old enough to enjoy them too!
Myca Irvine
May 06, 2012 Myca Irvine rated it liked it
I thought this book was nothing like Harry Potter as everyone said. Yes he is an orphan and he has poor eye sight but I think it ends there.

I really enjoyed the book from the start, and thought the author was quite clever. I listened to the books, and I find that I'm really enjoying books on cd.
Kendal
Apr 15, 2011 Kendal rated it it was amazing
The leven thumps seroes is a magical tale tellin series of a young boy without his parents who goes on a magical journey to the magical land of Foo.Unable to controll his powers young Leven and his magical friends take on many dangerous monster just to find the truth. WILL LEVEN SURVIVE?
Dylexa
Dec 02, 2013 Dylexa rated it it was amazing
I really liked the books when I was younger, like 10 and 11, but now looking back, I thought the first book was a bit dry, and I feel that the author has WAY too many characters.

I did really like the books though, and despite everything I still do. Will always have a place in my heart.
Bryce Balenseifen
Sep 30, 2014 Bryce Balenseifen rated it really liked it
loved them
Kristen
Nov 02, 2010 Kristen rated it really liked it
This is an interesting series. My family calls it the toothpick books, they just can't get past it. It's been fun to read a series and have the kids read it. Pure entertainment for us.
Shelley
Sep 29, 2010 Shelley rated it really liked it
I just finished the final book in this series after several years. Overall: delightful, descriptive, imaginative, original. My older kids (upper elementary) have really liked these.
Michael
Mar 17, 2011 Michael rated it it was ok
Fair to middling fantasy series. I was a bit disappointed, to tell you the truth. Try Fablehaven if you want an author in a similar genre and the same publisher.
Rachael
Nov 29, 2013 Rachael rated it it was amazing
LOVED IT!!!!!! I totally agree with you Eliza. The whole mysterious narrator is awesome . I would give it 6/5 stars if I could .
Deanna
Jan 14, 2011 Deanna rated it liked it
Good series. Definitely for a young audience. Sometimes it was hard to keep reading, but overall good.
Aubrey Hinchman
Oct 27, 2013 Aubrey Hinchman rated it really liked it
I only care about Leven in the whole different perspectives thing, but I <3 me some Lev!
06slayderd
These books were awsome they were very thrilling. Obert Skye is the bomb.
Crystal
Jul 21, 2012 Crystal rated it it was amazing
Wonderfully imaginative! Great new worlds/rules created.
Casey
Jun 05, 2010 Casey rated it it was amazing
Cool series. Fun to read, and interesting ideas.
Drew
Aug 31, 2012 Drew rated it liked it
kind of a fun imaginative series to read.
08juliaw
Mar 22, 2012 08juliaw rated it really liked it
Sometimes confusing overall good though
Chris Kluczynski dorbert
Brian + Mary Wood
Brian + Mary Wood rated it it was amazing
Feb 03, 2016
Helaman Scow
Helaman Scow rated it it was amazing
Feb 01, 2016
Sophie
Sophie rated it it was amazing
Jan 21, 2016
  • Fablehaven: The Complete Series Boxed Set (Fablehaven, #1-5)
  • Nightschool: The Weirn Books, Vol. 4
  • The Rise of the Black Wolf (Grey Griffins, #2)
  • The Forgotten Treasure (The Book of Mormon Sleuth, Vol. 4)
  • The Wreckers (High Seas Adventures, #1)
  • The Wizard of Oz
  • Samuel: Thunder in Paradise (Samuel Adventure, #3)
  • Abish Mother of Faith
  • Nature's Servant (Nature Mage, #2)
  • The Year of the Dragon Omnibus Edition (The Year of the Dragon, #1-4)
  • The Pyramid Builders (Lens of Time, #1)
  • Owney, the Mail-Pouch Pooch
  • Place of Refuge (The Promised Land, #3)
  • Buttermilk Hill
  • RuneWarriors (RuneWarriors, #1)
  • 101 Stories of the Great Ballets: The Scene-by-Scene Stories of the Most Popular Ballets, Old and New
  • Nanomech
  • Ladybug Girl Dresses Up!
Obert Skye read his first book at age two. He wrote his first story at age four. And he was nearly trampled by a herd of water buffalo at age six. For a short time, he lived on the Isle of Skye in Scotland, where he spent time as a candy-taster. Several years ago, Obert Skye says, he discovered the existence of Foo. Publishing his story as a fictional series was not Obert’s first choice. Neverthel ...more
More about Obert Skye...

Leven Thumps (5 books)
  • Leven Thumps and the Gateway to Foo (Leven Thumps, #1)
  • Leven Thumps and the Whispered Secret (Leven Thumps, #2)
  • Leven Thumps and the Eyes of the Want (Leven Thumps, #3)
  • Leven Thumps and the Wrath of Ezra (Leven Thumps, #4)
  • Leven Thumps and the Ruins of Alder (Leven Thumps, #5)

“I think anyone who builds a house without a pole sliding into a secret room is just plain crazy.” 4 likes