Start by marking “Leven Thumps- The Complete Series (Leven Thumps, #1-5)” as Want to Read:
Leven Thumps- The Complete Series (Leven Thumps, #1-5)

Leven Thumps- The Complete Series (Leven Thumps #1-5)

4.45 of 5 stars 4.45  ·  rating details  ·  265 ratings  ·  23 reviews
Foo-the place between the possible and the impossible- is a realm inside the minds of each of us. It is a place that allows mankind the power to hope and imagine and, most important, to dream. Leven Thumps, once an ordinary fourteen-year-old boy from Oklahoma, has a special gift that he is unaware of-a gift that could save the dreams of all mankind. Join Leven and his frie...more
Published November 17th 2009 by Shadow Mountain (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Leven Thumps- The Complete Series, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Leven Thumps- The Complete Series

Jill Hill
There are books that are seemingly written by a dry English teacher: technically perfect but the story and/or characters are lacking. Then there are books where the story and characters are interesting and have potential, but the author's writing (or lack of good editing) gets in the way. These books fall into the latter category. Interesting premise, fun/mostly likable characters, but the writing drove me nuts. I learned to skip the first paragraph of every chapter because it was an unnecessary...more
Hallie O'malley
This is an awesome series! It is full of action and humor. I especially love Clover and his void full of candy and other interesting items!:) Everyone should read these books!
Eliza
For starters, this is one of my favorite books of all time!!! It's incredible!!!! I don't even know what to say it's so good; there's no way to explain it. Plot, characters, setting: amazing!!!! Obert Skye is so talented!! I love how he explains things in random ways and I love how he's in the story but not at the same time. It's a wonderful way of reasuring readers that Foo is real, not pretend!
P.S. Isn't Clover hilarious?
I pick up books for my son to read, but end up reading them myself. I really enjoyed this series. The characters and story line are captivating and you just can't put it down. I found myself anxious for the next book in the series to be released. Yes, this is for young adults - but aren't we all young adults? What is wrong with reading something you wouldn't be afraid to have someone see on your bookshelf?
Linnae
The adventure continues. Leven, Winter, Geth, and Clover do what they can and what they must to try to save Foo against seemingly impossible odds.

Clever and imaginative. The author's asides at the beginning of almost every chapter added greatly to the enjoyment. This series would be a fun read-aloud for elementary or middle school-aged kids.

Jeannine
Read the entire series with my husband. Admittedly I missed some of details because I fell asleep out of pure exhaustion (definitely not boredom), but I plan on re-reading the last three books. I bought another set for my Dad and I'm looking forward to my grandkids being old enough to enjoy them too!
Myca Irvine
I thought this book was nothing like Harry Potter as everyone said. Yes he is an orphan and he has poor eye sight but I think it ends there.

I really enjoyed the book from the start, and thought the author was quite clever. I listened to the books, and I find that I'm really enjoying books on cd.
Kendal
The leven thumps seroes is a magical tale tellin series of a young boy without his parents who goes on a magical journey to the magical land of Foo.Unable to controll his powers young Leven and his magical friends take on many dangerous monster just to find the truth. WILL LEVEN SURVIVE?
Dylexa
I really liked the books when I was younger, like 10 and 11, but now looking back, I thought the first book was a bit dry, and I feel that the author has WAY too many characters.

I did really like the books though, and despite everything I still do. Will always have a place in my heart.
Bryce Balenseifen
loved them
Kristen
This is an interesting series. My family calls it the toothpick books, they just can't get past it. It's been fun to read a series and have the kids read it. Pure entertainment for us.
Shelley
I just finished the final book in this series after several years. Overall: delightful, descriptive, imaginative, original. My older kids (upper elementary) have really liked these.
Michael
Fair to middling fantasy series. I was a bit disappointed, to tell you the truth. Try Fablehaven if you want an author in a similar genre and the same publisher.
Rachael
LOVED IT!!!!!! I totally agree with you Eliza. The whole mysterious narrator is awesome . I would give it 6/5 stars if I could .
Deanna
Good series. Definitely for a young audience. Sometimes it was hard to keep reading, but overall good.
Aubrey
I only care about Leven in the whole different perspectives thing, but I <3 me some Lev!
06slayderd
These books were awsome they were very thrilling. Obert Skye is the bomb.
Crystal
Wonderfully imaginative! Great new worlds/rules created.
Casey
Cool series. Fun to read, and interesting ideas.
Drew
kind of a fun imaginative series to read.
08juliaw
Sometimes confusing overall good though
Josh Tatarian
Josh Tatarian marked it as to-read
Sep 30, 2014
Talisa
Talisa marked it as to-read
Sep 25, 2014
Fenia
Fenia marked it as to-read
Sep 23, 2014
Obert Skye read his first book at age two. He wrote his first story at age four. And he was nearly trampled by a herd of water buffalo at age six. For a short time, he lived on the Isle of Skye in Scotland, where he spent time as a candy-taster. Several years ago, Obert Skye says, he discovered the existence of Foo. Publishing his story as a fictional series was not Obert’s first choice. Neverthel...more
More about Obert Skye...
Leven Thumps and the Gateway to Foo (Leven Thumps, #1) Leven Thumps and the Eyes of the Want (Leven Thumps, #3) Leven Thumps and the Whispered Secret (Leven Thumps, #2) Leven Thumps and the Ruins of Alder (Leven Thumps, #5) Leven Thumps and the Wrath of Ezra (Leven Thumps, #4)

“I think anyone who builds a house without a pole sliding into a secret room is just plain crazy.” 3 likes