Start by marking “The Dragon War Relic” as Want to Read:
The Dragon War Relic

The Dragon War Relic

A mysterious explosion, a gold ring, and the fate of the Earth and the universe . . . For Jared Mills, summer has never been more exciting! When Jared receives an odd-looking ring from a complete stranger, he never imagines it will lead to aliens, spaceships, lasers, and dragons! With the ring comes great responsibility, and Jared discovers that he is Earth's ...more
Published October 1st 2009 by Bonneville (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about The Dragon War Relic, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Dragon War Relic

Natalie
Oct 26, 2016 Natalie rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: Young Adult, Male
Jared is a Mighty Mart stock boy in California on summer break before he starts his junior year of high school. He plays the clarinet and is in A.P. English, hoping to score well on tests and still being the ever faithful student who does his homework over the summer and practices his instrument (though he still sounds terrible and will probably never place with the best in his music classes). He's responsible, quiet, still overly shy around cute girls, and could make any parent proud of his ...more
Tatiana
Oct 11, 2016 Tatiana rated it did not like it
Sucks
Michael Young
May 26, 2010 Michael Young rated it it was amazing
Science Fiction and Fantasy Unite!

I’m a big fan of both Sci Fi and Fantasy literature and love when authors tastefully combine the two. Berin has down a great job on this task, in a fiction debut that had me anticipating the series that is sure to come.

In “The Dragon War Relic”, Berin takes the role of an American Douglas Adams in crafting a humorous Sci Fi/Fantasy epic. There are so many little touches and allusions for the longtime Sci Fi/Fantasy reader (This book will probably appeal most to
J. Morgan
Jul 27, 2012 J. Morgan rated it it was amazing
My first introduction to Berin L. Stephens’s works was his book “Time Gangsters.” I thoroughly enjoyed that book and looked forward to reading more from him. I had several books I had committed to reading before I was able to read “The Dragon War Relic”—but it was worth the wait.

Despite the ominous title, this book is really lighthearted. Yes, there are interesting characters and engaging storylines, but the humor is the strength of this book. I laughed time and again at the many sci-fi and fant
D.M. Dutcher
Apr 14, 2012 D.M. Dutcher rated it liked it
Disclaimer: bought the e-book version for Kindle.

Fun, if light SF romp about a supermarket stocker who gets caught up in an alien conspiracy about a ring of power and other artifacts. It seems all the myths we know about orcs, elves, pixies, and the like are real, but not in the way we expect: they all actually are alien races who hang around the earth politicking, fighting, and sneaking down to play the latest ZboZ 180 games. Except this time, one race is playing hardball.

It's not that bad of a
J.
Mar 31, 2012 J. rated it it was amazing
Recommended to J. by: my husband
My husband bought this book on a whim and I ended up stealing it from him. It had us both laughing out loud! If you like fantasy and sci-fi, this book is a great melding of both with lots of humor. The main character is a kid who accidently becomes an ambassador for Earth in a council that includes fairies, elves, angels, etc. (all species from different planets).

It is appropriate for children as young as 10 probably, though most kids will miss a lot of the sci-fi references. It would make a go
Patti
Jul 23, 2012 Patti rated it liked it
I would have given this 4 stars maybe 4 and 1/2 if he hadn't added the last page which made no sense with rest of the story.. I can see what he was trying to get at with it but it needed more to it.. the story in itself is pretty good and I'd recommend it for boys in the 4th to 6th grade years.. over the head of others and a little lame for adults. But hey I did get this at a book signing and he signed it to me so it's got that extra going for it too :)
Alyse
Jun 23, 2013 Alyse rated it really liked it
I heard about this book because the author actually lives in my ward. This was an easy and fun read. The story was engaging although some of the humor was a bit too cheesy for my taste. but overall, it was a great book with an interesting story line that kept me intrigued throughout the entire book. I would read it again.
Cati
Jan 12, 2010 Cati rated it it was amazing
One of the best books I've ever read! It had me staying up to all hours of the night reading. It has just the right amount of mystery, adventure and STAR TREK to entertain even the most non-SciFi readers.
Debbie
Feb 24, 2010 Debbie rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: everyone
I really liked this book. It was intertaining and kept my interest through the whole book. My daughter is interested in reading it also. I hope that there will be a sequel or even more than one.
Daron
Sep 01, 2010 Daron rated it really liked it
A very funny book, I laughed out loud several times. And as a closet Trekkie, I really enjoyed Berin's warped sense of humor. I look forward to another one!
Holly thompson
Jul 17, 2010 Holly thompson rated it liked it
i thought it was vary good, but he needs to write another one because the book just can't end like it did. he can't leave you hanging like that. but all in all i enjoyed reading it.
Emma
Sep 21, 2010 Emma rated it it was amazing
THIS IS A GOOD BOOK! I know a girl who takes saxophone from the author. IT ROCKS! It's soooo funny.
Skedatt
May 13, 2010 Skedatt rated it did not like it
Shelves: scifi-fantasy
Interesting idea--just about the best thing that I can say about it. Pity that it wasn't executed better.
Jaclyn
Jaclyn rated it really liked it
Aug 07, 2016
Candice Workman
Candice Workman rated it really liked it
Mar 19, 2014
Dale
Dale rated it did not like it
Nov 20, 2010
Jill
Jill rated it it was amazing
Feb 07, 2012
Camille
Apr 30, 2011 Camille rated it it was amazing
I thought it was humorous, fun and a super great read.
Linda
Linda rated it really liked it
Mar 02, 2010
Cindy
Cindy rated it really liked it
Oct 12, 2010
Dave Poor
Dave Poor rated it really liked it
Aug 01, 2014
Miss Belle
Miss Belle rated it it was amazing
Mar 26, 2016
Nathan
Nathan rated it liked it
Aug 04, 2011
Kitty
Kitty rated it really liked it
Jan 08, 2014
Joey
Joey rated it really liked it
Nov 29, 2009
Bethany
Bethany rated it liked it
Feb 12, 2013
Orlando
Orlando rated it liked it
Aug 11, 2010
Michael Clark
Michael Clark rated it it was ok
Mar 26, 2014
Arianna
Arianna rated it it was ok
Feb 04, 2016