Start by marking “Cool Like That (So For Real, #4)” as Want to Read:
Cool Like That (So For Real, #4)

Cool Like That (So For Real #4)

4.31 of 5 stars 4.31  ·  rating details  ·  147 ratings  ·  13 reviews
Carter's charming third book in her inspirational So for Real series follows the smart and witty Gia Stokes, a modern-day Punky Brewster who marches to her own beat as she navigates the tricky halls of high school.
Published March 1st 2010 by K-Teen/Dafina (first published February 16th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Cool Like That, please sign up.

Recent Questions

This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
The Skin I'm In by Sharon G. FlakeCopper Sun by Sharon M. DraperThe Watsons Go to Birmingham - 1963 by Christopher Paul CurtisTears of a Tiger by Sharon M. DraperNovember Blues by Sharon M. Draper
African American Books for Teens
63rd out of 199 books — 208 voters
Spirit Bound by Richelle MeadLast Sacrifice by Richelle MeadClockwork Angel by Cassandra ClareMockingjay by Suzanne CollinsThe Reckoning by Kelley Armstrong
YA Novels of 2010
431st out of 622 books — 2,692 voters

More lists with this book...

Nardsbaby Reader
Maybes

Gia is overly excited. She and Ricky, her bff and crush, are headed to New York City for six weeks for an enrichment program at Columbia College. All Gia can think about is how much fun and freedom they will have away from her mother's watchful eye and the drama that seems to follow her.

Unbeknownst to Gia, Rashad Moore, from Atlanta, Georgia, is going to stir up emotions that she's never had before. Ricky and Rashad instantly bump heads as he's openly pursuing Gia. Flattered, Gia finds he
Breshay Cheatham
The protagonist of my is nikki carter. in i like this book because it will tell you about this girl name princess is going to a summer program in she met someboby on her airplane name rashad in she started to crush on him but she couldnt becaue her bff rick she like him but he dont like her so when she got there she met her roommate in they was about to go to a party but her mama called in say why didnt you called me princess say why cant i have fun if i got to keep calling you so they dress up ...more
Yinglin Chen
Life is a journey and unexpected things happen. There will always be exciting events that will be encountered through lives, along with a different variety of drama.

Cool like That, is a novel that shows New York through the eyes of a tourist. Gia, came to New York City because she was accepted into a summer enrichment program. A summer without parents and annoying siblings away from home is definitely going to be packed with lots of fun. Even better, Gia gets to go with her best guy-friend Rick
~Ashley P.
I am reading Cool Like Thatso far the book has been very good. I am on page 108. I am at the part where Gia goes to the statue of liberty with her freind Ricky. This book Is suspenful I don't want to tell you what happens next because I'm not that far in the book.I am exicted to see who Gia picks to be her boyfriend because It may not be ricky. I can not put this book down every page Is filled with high school humor!

reply | edit | delete | flag *

kwain
I read "It's All Good", and being that this Author writes in series, I was curious to see were the story went after reading this book, well "Cool Like That" was the continuation. The book was good if you like girl meets boy, girl loses boy, and of course you get the drama that comes with it. Does girl get boy in the end? read it and see. It's a good teen book.
Tiara
 Imani ♥ ☮
Only three people reviewed it! I hope that's not what I saw, because this book was so awesome. Some people may be turned off by all the slang used in there but that's why it's called "A so for real novel". I mean come on people, get it together!
Janay
I really enjoyed this whole series and I hope there is another book in the series. I want to see how senior year ends up for Gia and Ricky. I really really really hope there is another book in the series.
Cateyesmd
6/30/10 Completed

6/21/10 Start - Currently reading this book. Didn't realize it was a Teen book when I downloaded to my Kindle DX, but if it's FREE, it's for me if it fits into my reading interest.
Katy
it was really funny but the writing was a little hard
Abby
Cute story. Not the best I have read.
Yamurai Govere
this read totally rocked, y'all!
Macon982
The author is so awsome
Eniola
Eniola marked it as to-read
Aug 03, 2015
Jayla
Jayla marked it as to-read
Jul 30, 2015
Jaida
Jaida marked it as to-read
Jul 20, 2015
Bex and the Sparks
Bex and the Sparks marked it as to-read
Jul 07, 2015
Rachel Johnson
Rachel Johnson marked it as to-read
Jun 30, 2015
Joycelynn Witherspoon
Joycelynn Witherspoon marked it as to-read
Jun 28, 2015
Meka
Meka added it
Jun 24, 2015
Danielle
Danielle marked it as to-read
Jun 04, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • Battle of the Network Zombies (Amanda Feral, #3)
  • Hip-Hop High School
  • Love Yourself And Let The Other Person Have It Your Way
  • Milrose Munce and the Den of Professional Help
  • The Christmas Lamp
  • Moonstone (Unbidden Magic, #1)
  • Robin and Ruby
  • Scent (Sensations, #1)
  • The Homeplace
  • Stranded with a Spy (Code Name: Danger #11)
  • Primitive
  • House of Danger (Choose Your Own Adventure, #15)
  • Lucy Doesn't Wear Pink (Lucy #1)
  • You Can't Stop Me (Crime Seen #1)
  • Tender Graces
  • Total Flirt: Tips, Tricks, and Techniques Every Girl Needs to Get the Guy
  • Unleashing the Power of Rubber Bands: Lessons in Non-Linear Leadership
  • Petals From The Sky

So For Real (4 books)
  • Step To This (So For Real, #1)
  • It Is What It Is (So For Real, #2)
  • It's All Good (So For Real, #3)
Not a Good Look (Fab Life, #1) All the Wrong Moves (Fab Life, #2) Step To This (So For Real, #1) Doing My Own Thing (Fab Life, #3) On the Flip Side (Fab Life, #4)