Start by marking “Cool Like That (So For Real, #4)” as Want to Read:
Cool Like That (So For Real, #4)
Preview

Cool Like That (So For Real #4)

4.3 of 5 stars 4.30  ·  rating details  ·  137 ratings  ·  13 reviews
Carter's charming third book in her inspirational So for Real series follows the smart and witty Gia Stokes, a modern-day Punky Brewster who marches to her own beat as she navigates the tricky halls of high school.
Published March 1st 2010 by K-Teen/Dafina (first published February 16th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Cool Like That, please sign up.

Recent Questions

This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Copper Sun by Sharon M. DraperThe Skin I'm In by Sharon G. FlakeThe Watsons Go to Birmingham - 1963 by Christopher Paul CurtisTears of a Tiger by Sharon M. DraperNovember Blues by Sharon M. Draper
African American Books for Teens
55th out of 178 books — 187 voters
Spirit Bound by Richelle MeadLast Sacrifice by Richelle MeadClockwork Angel by Cassandra ClareMockingjay by Suzanne CollinsThe Reckoning by Kelley Armstrong
YA Novels of 2010
424th out of 622 books — 2,680 voters

More lists with this book...

Nardsbaby Reader
Maybes

Gia is overly excited. She and Ricky, her bff and crush, are headed to New York City for six weeks for an enrichment program at Columbia College. All Gia can think about is how much fun and freedom they will have away from her mother's watchful eye and the drama that seems to follow her.

Unbeknownst to Gia, Rashad Moore, from Atlanta, Georgia, is going to stir up emotions that she's never had before. Ricky and Rashad instantly bump heads as he's openly pursuing Gia. Flattered, Gia finds he
Breshay Cheatham
The protagonist of my is nikki carter. in i like this book because it will tell you about this girl name princess is going to a summer program in she met someboby on her airplane name rashad in she started to crush on him but she couldnt becaue her bff rick she like him but he dont like her so when she got there she met her roommate in they was about to go to a party but her mama called in say why didnt you called me princess say why cant i have fun if i got to keep calling you so they dress up ...more
Yinglin Chen
Life is a journey and unexpected things happen. There will always be exciting events that will be encountered through lives, along with a different variety of drama.

Cool like That, is a novel that shows New York through the eyes of a tourist. Gia, came to New York City because she was accepted into a summer enrichment program. A summer without parents and annoying siblings away from home is definitely going to be packed with lots of fun. Even better, Gia gets to go with her best guy-friend Rick
~Ashley P.
I am reading Cool Like Thatso far the book has been very good. I am on page 108. I am at the part where Gia goes to the statue of liberty with her freind Ricky. This book Is suspenful I don't want to tell you what happens next because I'm not that far in the book.I am exicted to see who Gia picks to be her boyfriend because It may not be ricky. I can not put this book down every page Is filled with high school humor!

reply | edit | delete | flag *

kwain
I read "It's All Good", and being that this Author writes in series, I was curious to see were the story went after reading this book, well "Cool Like That" was the continuation. The book was good if you like girl meets boy, girl loses boy, and of course you get the drama that comes with it. Does girl get boy in the end? read it and see. It's a good teen book.
Tiara
 Imani ♥ ☮
Only three people reviewed it! I hope that's not what I saw, because this book was so awesome. Some people may be turned off by all the slang used in there but that's why it's called "A so for real novel". I mean come on people, get it together!
Janay
I really enjoyed this whole series and I hope there is another book in the series. I want to see how senior year ends up for Gia and Ricky. I really really really hope there is another book in the series.
Cateyesmd
6/30/10 Completed

6/21/10 Start - Currently reading this book. Didn't realize it was a Teen book when I downloaded to my Kindle DX, but if it's FREE, it's for me if it fits into my reading interest.
Katy
it was really funny but the writing was a little hard
Abby
Cute story. Not the best I have read.
Yamurai Govere
this read totally rocked, y'all!
Macon982
The author is so awsome
Reagan
Reagan marked it as to-read
Apr 10, 2015
Gugu Buthelezi
Gugu Buthelezi marked it as to-read
Apr 07, 2015
Lilnev13
Lilnev13 marked it as to-read
Mar 27, 2015
Fanta
Fanta marked it as to-read
Mar 09, 2015
Mirrlees
Mirrlees marked it as to-read
Mar 02, 2015
Shon
Shon marked it as to-read
K Nikki  Waden
K Nikki Waden marked it as to-read
Nikki Lajoy
Nikki Lajoy marked it as to-read
Lola Beverly Hills
Lola Beverly Hills marked it as to-read
Chelsea
Chelsea marked it as to-read
Feb 26, 2015
Nicole Donze
Nicole Donze marked it as to-read
Feb 13, 2015
Danielle
Danielle marked it as to-read
Jan 16, 2015
Dragonr
Dragonr marked it as to-read
Dec 24, 2014
  • Battle of the Network Zombies (Amanda Feral, #3)
  • Hip-Hop High School
  • Moonstone (Unbidden Magic, #1)
  • Love Yourself And Let The Other Person Have It Your Way
  • The Homeplace
  • The Christmas Lamp
  • Scent (Sensations, #1)
  • Milrose Munce and the Den of Professional Help
  • You Can't Stop Me (Crime Seen #1)
  • Stranded with a Spy (Code Name: Danger #11)
  • Lucy Doesn't Wear Pink (Lucy #1)
  • Robin and Ruby
  • Tender Graces
  • The Truth About the New Rules of Business Writing (Truth About Series)
  • Total Flirt: Tips, Tricks, and Techniques Every Girl Needs to Get the Guy
  • Primitive
  • Living Organized: Proven Steps for a Clutter-Free and Beautiful Home
  • Unleashing the Power of Rubber Bands: Lessons in Non-Linear Leadership

So For Real (4 books)
  • Step To This (So For Real, #1)
  • It Is What It Is (So For Real, #2)
  • It's All Good (So For Real, #3)
Not a Good Look (Fab Life, #1) All the Wrong Moves (Fab Life, #2) Step To This (So For Real, #1) Doing My Own Thing (Fab Life, #3) On the Flip Side (Fab Life, #4)