Start by marking “Cool Like That (So For Real, #4)” as Want to Read:
Cool Like That (So For Real, #4)

Cool Like That (So For Real #4)

Carter's charming third book in her inspirational So for Real series follows the smart and witty Gia Stokes, a modern-day Punky Brewster who marches to her own beat as she navigates the tricky halls of high school.
Published March 1st 2010 by K-Teen/Dafina (first published February 16th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Cool Like That, please sign up.

Recent Questions

This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
The Skin I'm In by Sharon G. FlakeCopper Sun by Sharon M. DraperThe Watsons Go to Birmingham - 1963 by Christopher Paul CurtisTears of a Tiger by Sharon M. DraperNovember Blues by Sharon M. Draper
African American Books for Teens
73rd out of 225 books — 265 voters
Spirit Bound by Richelle MeadLast Sacrifice by Richelle MeadMockingjay by Suzanne CollinsClockwork Angel by Cassandra ClareThe Reckoning by Kelley Armstrong
YA Novels of 2010
441st out of 627 books — 2,820 voters

More lists with this book...

Nardsbaby Reader
Jun 27, 2010 Nardsbaby Reader rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2010-reads
Maybes

Gia is overly excited. She and Ricky, her bff and crush, are headed to New York City for six weeks for an enrichment program at Columbia College. All Gia can think about is how much fun and freedom they will have away from her mother's watchful eye and the drama that seems to follow her.

Unbeknownst to Gia, Rashad Moore, from Atlanta, Georgia, is going to stir up emotions that she's never had before. Ricky and Rashad instantly bump heads as he's openly pursuing Gia. Flattered, Gia finds he
Breshay Cheatham
Oct 31, 2012 Breshay Cheatham rated it it was amazing
The protagonist of my is nikki carter. in i like this book because it will tell you about this girl name princess is going to a summer program in she met someboby on her airplane name rashad in she started to crush on him but she couldnt becaue her bff rick she like him but he dont like her so when she got there she met her roommate in they was about to go to a party but her mama called in say why didnt you called me princess say why cant i have fun if i got to keep calling you so they dress up ...more
Yinglin Chen
Dec 29, 2011 Yinglin Chen rated it really liked it
Shelves: freshman-year
Life is a journey and unexpected things happen. There will always be exciting events that will be encountered through lives, along with a different variety of drama.

Cool like That, is a novel that shows New York through the eyes of a tourist. Gia, came to New York City because she was accepted into a summer enrichment program. A summer without parents and annoying siblings away from home is definitely going to be packed with lots of fun. Even better, Gia gets to go with her best guy-friend Rick
~Ashley P.
I am reading Cool Like Thatso far the book has been very good. I am on page 108. I am at the part where Gia goes to the statue of liberty with her freind Ricky. This book Is suspenful I don't want to tell you what happens next because I'm not that far in the book.I am exicted to see who Gia picks to be her boyfriend because It may not be ricky. I can not put this book down every page Is filled with high school humor!

reply | edit | delete | flag *

kwain
Jan 31, 2011 kwain rated it liked it
I read "It's All Good", and being that this Author writes in series, I was curious to see were the story went after reading this book, well "Cool Like That" was the continuation. The book was good if you like girl meets boy, girl loses boy, and of course you get the drama that comes with it. Does girl get boy in the end? read it and see. It's a good teen book.
Tiara
Nov 12, 2013 Tiara rated it liked it
 Imani ♥ ☮
Only three people reviewed it! I hope that's not what I saw, because this book was so awesome. Some people may be turned off by all the slang used in there but that's why it's called "A so for real novel". I mean come on people, get it together!
Janay
Oct 09, 2011 Janay rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this whole series and I hope there is another book in the series. I want to see how senior year ends up for Gia and Ricky. I really really really hope there is another book in the series.
Cateyesmd
Jun 30, 2010 Cateyesmd rated it liked it
6/30/10 Completed

6/21/10 Start - Currently reading this book. Didn't realize it was a Teen book when I downloaded to my Kindle DX, but if it's FREE, it's for me if it fits into my reading interest.
Veronica Rasheed
this book is very good. I never wanted to put it down after I read it every time. im not going to tell too much I am just going to tell you to read it.
Katy
Jan 28, 2011 Katy rated it liked it
it was really funny but the writing was a little hard
Abby
Cute story. Not the best I have read.
Yamurai Govere
this read totally rocked, y'all!
Macon982
The author is so awsome
Carina
Carina rated it it was amazing
Aug 29, 2016
Antwynettesmith
Antwynettesmith rated it it was ok
Aug 23, 2016
Sharla Truelove
Sharla Truelove marked it as to-read
Jul 28, 2016
Khii
Khii added it
Jul 06, 2016
Cassie Dowell
Cassie Dowell marked it as to-read
Jul 02, 2016
ReaderBabs
ReaderBabs marked it as to-read
Jun 25, 2016
Serenity Bradford
Serenity Bradford rated it it was amazing
Jun 23, 2016
Nadia Solange
Nadia Solange rated it really liked it
Jun 20, 2016
Kyasia
Kyasia marked it as to-read
May 21, 2016
Hwy
Hwy marked it as to-read
May 18, 2016
Daria Intheskyy
Daria Intheskyy marked it as to-read
May 03, 2016
Fatim Balde
Fatim Balde marked it as to-read
Apr 28, 2016
Dejai
Dejai marked it as to-read
Apr 28, 2016
  • Battle of the Network Zombies (Amanda Feral, #3)
  • Love Yourself And Let The Other Person Have It Your Way
  • The Christmas Lamp
  • Hip-Hop High School
  • Scent (Sensations, #1)
  • Robin and Ruby
  • Milrose Munce and the Den of Professional Help
  • Primitive
  • Moonstone (Unbidden Magic, #1)
  • You Can't Stop Me (Crime Seen #1)
  • Total Flirt: Tips, Tricks, and Techniques Every Girl Needs to Get the Guy
  • The Homeplace
  • Stranded with a Spy (Code Name: Danger #11)
  • Tender Graces
  • House of Danger (Choose Your Own Adventure, #15)
  • Living Organized: Proven Steps for a Clutter-Free and Beautiful Home
  • Holidaze (Drama High, #9)
  • Lucy Doesn't Wear Pink (Lucy #1)

So For Real (4 books)
  • Step To This (So For Real, #1)
  • It Is What It Is (So For Real, #2)
  • It's All Good (So For Real, #3)