Start by marking “Genoa Bay” as Want to Read:
Genoa Bay

Genoa Bay

3.73 of 5 stars 3.73  ·  rating details  ·  45 ratings  ·  21 reviews
In this contemporary romance, young widow Brandy Beauchamp inherits a long-established bed-and-breakfast on Vancouver Island from an old friend. It needs energy and commitment if the beautiful but neglected property is to be restored.

Published January 1st 2010 by Monarch (first published November 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Genoa Bay, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Genoa Bay

Christie
Brandy Beauchamp is a navy widow who is just going through the motions since the plane her husband was flying crashed. He lost his life that day and she lost her way. Now she is playing the role of both mother and father to their daughter, Gabby. As if the loss of her husband isn't enough she is also fighting the government for the insurance money left to her. Without that payment she is having to struggle to make ends meet.

This story really touched me. Not only is it beautifully written but Bra
Molly
Mar 09, 2010 Molly rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: everyone
Recommended to Molly by: FIRST Wild Card Tours
This is another new author for me. She has really good skills as a writer! The author tells a story of loss, sorrow and hope. I needed lots of tissues through this book as it made me cry through alot of the story. It was as if I was Brandy andI could really see things through her eyes, feel things with her heart . I made a new friend in Brandy (as well as the other amazing characters) and I didn't want the book to end! I literally read this book in one day, with it's page turning events.The stor ...more
Georgiann Hennelly
This book was a good read. Brandy Beauchamp is overwrought when she hears the news her husband was killed in military action and she is left to raise Gabby their daughter alone, She feels disconnected and alone she doesn,t belong with the military families anymore. Her friends don,t get it. Then she gets an unexpected phone call with un expected news. Her dear friend Maggie has left her everything in her will. It,s a housr that was run as a bed and breakfast and it,s in need of serious repair. C ...more
Kathleen Kelly
This story takes place in British Columbia where newly widowed Brandy heads to Vancouver Island to see the woman Maggie, who raised her, who is very ill. She takes her daughter Gabby with her. Maggie dies and as Brandy goes through the bed and breakfast that was Maggies home in preparation in clearing it out,she decides that she wants to make the house into a successful business. Although she has no money she moves with her daughter Gabby to start a new life in Canada. The property has been negl ...more
Kathy Willis
This book was a good read but I must say that I felt that the ending was quite abrupt. It almost seemed like that the author got to her page limit and then decided to just end the book. The plot line was good it had a story that held your interest. You felt for the our main character Brandy. Brandy is a single widowed mother of a seven year old girl who inherits a run down bed and breakfast on Vancouver Island and decides to start fresh by moving from FL to the Island to bring the BB back to lif ...more
Louise
Story Description:
With her five-year-old daughter, Gabby, Brandy moves to British Columbia and sets about building a new life only to discover that a local property developer has very different plans.
The quirky old house is symbolic of the strange characters peopl
Monica
When I won this book I was delighted and excited about reading the book. I liked and disliked the book. The writing was great and interesting. The story is about a widow, Brandy Beauchamp, who inherits a bed and breakfast in Canada from a woman who took her in as a teenager after she had runaway from home.

The characters you meet in the book are Brandy, her daughter Gabby (just adorable), Eve (Brandy's friend from Florida), Cliff, and Herbert Karras. Brandy's 'adoptive' mother, Maggie, dies and
Nora St Laurent
Brandy Beauchamp is overwrought by the news her husband’s been killed in military action and left to raise their daughter, Gabby, alone, Brandy feels disconnected and says, “Part of me felt like a purse left behind at a restaurant. Waiting for something to happen. Waiting for someone to come and claim me. Waiting to go home again.”

Brandy didn’t belong with the military crowd anymore, her friends didn’t get it. Then an unexpected phone call changed everything. Unexpected news—her dear friend, Ma
Charline Ratcliff
I found “Genoa Bay” to be a delightful and charming read. The author, Bette Nordberg does a wonderful job of skillfully bringing this tale to life. She is extremely descriptive and attentive to detail without becoming boring or long-winded. While the book is fictional I do feel that many readers will be able to empathize with the story and its characters in one way or another.

The main character, Brandy Beauchamp, inherits a bed and breakfast which is located on Vancouver Island. The property is
Wendi
Mar 20, 2010 Wendi rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Rion, JoAnn and Katy
Recommended to Wendi by: Goodreads
Shelves: first-reads
Genoa Bay, a novel by Bette Nordberg, captures perfectly, one woman's courage and commitment to overcome past tragedy and make a better life for her daughter and those she loves. With prose both powerful and thought provoking, Norberg's understanding of the human psyche is undeniable...

"At sixteen, my short life seemed to be represented by a series of rejections and abandonments. Though I didn't have the contemporary vocabulary to name such disappointments, I felt them all the same."

Adults woul
Renee
Genoa Bay was an enjoyable story about Brandy starting a new life for herself and her daughter after her Navy husband dies. She moves from Florida to Vancouver Island to transform an old home she inherited into a bed & breakfast but there is trouble looming. This is a story of love, of transformation and of hope.
Yes, it's predictable. I knew who the bad guy was, I knew how the love would turn out but it was the perfect story for a day of reading in the winter sunshine.
Tarah
This book was a little slow getting started for me and somewhat predictable. It was an interesting read though and nice to follow Brandy through her journey of dealing with the loss of her husband and trying to pull her life together while opening a new business. It was cute read.
Jacque
I found this book a little slow at the beginning, but I stuck with it and enjoyed it. The main character, Brandy, was a little irritating at first, but became more likable as the story progressed. It felt like something was missing between the last chapter and the epilogue.
Ann
engroosing story line, great character details, really drew me into the feelings and situations of the people in the story. rooting for the heroine to keep trying and the mystery villian to be found and get justice. enjoyed this very much. Would recommend this author.
Beverly
Alana

I really enjoyed this book and because I live in the same area as the story, I found it that much more interesting. I found myself eager to see how things turned out for Brandy and her daughter and of course "Maggie's " place.
Kirsten
I received this as a gift from Goodreads (thanks). It left me with a real feel good feeling at the end about the kindness of people. I loved the setting living as I do on Vancouver Island and felt great sympathy for the main character.
Lizpeveto
A new author for me. Brandy is a widowed Air Force wife w/ a young daughter trying to figure out her life. When she inherits a bed and breakfast in the Gulf Islands, she begins anew and finds new meaning for her life.
Louisa
I really enjoyed Genoa. I really felt for the charactes, the story was well rounded, and it had a really good eneding. All in all, a really good book.
Bonnie Cole
This novel gave the reader reasons to think. You had to determine if how you would react to the situation and try to understand the character.
Marcel
Marcel marked it as to-read
Mar 10, 2015
Nancy
Nancy marked it as to-read
Mar 04, 2015