United We Stand

United We Stand

3.86 of 5 stars 3.86  ·  rating details  ·  483 ratings  ·  34 reviews
Dramatic, gripping, and moving, this sequel to the award-winning We All Fall Down will captivate readers.

Published September 8th 2009 by Doubleday Canada

Eve & Adam by Michael  GrantSummer of the Seventeenth Doll by Ray LawlerUnremembered by Jessica BrodyHoly Bible by AnonymousThe Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde
Books I Threw Across the Room
37th out of 41 books — 2 voters
Stolen Songbird by Danielle L. JensenThe Gypsy King by Maureen FergusA Fool's Errand by Maureen FergusTomorrow's Kingdom by Maureen FergusThe Gathering by Kelley Armstrong
Canadian YA
106th out of 106 books — 11 voters

More lists with this book...

A sequel to We All Fall Down, United We Stand is sort of not as great as the first. Will is helping is friend James to find his dad at 9/11. James's father was still in the tower when the towers fell. James wants to believe that his dad is still alive but Will thinks there's no chance. So Will and James go to the 9/11 scene and try to find his dad. But in the way is that their underage to help, making sure that their parents don't know about it, Will's conditions, and James in denial and anger.
Agnes
It is the day after the World Trade Centre attacks, and the city is in chaos. Many have survived, but thousands have not. This is the story of how Will, a 15 year old boy, helps a struggling friend accept the reality of losing a father. A breathtaking novel that shows you the power of standing together in the worst of times.

I picked up this book because I have read the first book "We All Fall Down", and I absolutely loved it, so I decided to give the second one a shot as well.

I finished the stor...more
Ubalstecha
Annaelle Allez L'OL!!!
Eric Walters arrive vraiment bien à décrire ce terrible attentat. Les deux tours jumelles, un symbole de l'Amérique comme étant un état libre et grandiose. Ce qui est arrivé est terrible et bien que je ne connaissais pas les victimes, ça m'a beaucoup affecté. je n'avais que 5 ans quand c'est arrivé mais pourtant je me rappelle avoir vu aux nouvelles, les 2 tours s'effondrer. Ces deux livres nous montre vraiment et en détails, des vies touchées par cet acte terroriste. C'est comme exploser la tou...more
Zeynep
I would not consider myself having read this book because I stopped half of the way. I really liked some of the concept that the author was bringing forward. However, the main characters were not interesting and lifeless. They had all of the emotions but somehow it seemed as though they were not developed enough because of the way that they reacted to the situation. Although, I know I am not the one to judge because I have not been involved in this same issue but the story line was not enough to...more
Matthew Whitelaw

It’s September 12th, 2001, and New York City is at a standstill: somber, bleak and shocked in the aftermath of the World Trade Center attacks. Will knows he and his father are lucky to have escaped; others, like his best friend James’ father are still missing . . . and soon presumed to be dead.

Poignant and dramatic, United We Stand is a young adult novel about heartache, self-discovery, and t...more
Jaden T-m
This book was an amazing sequel to We All Fall Down, which was one of my favourite books to begin with. In my opinion, it really tackles the feeling left behind by the loss of all those lives in 9/11, especially New York's bravest. I'm a Canadian and I find I'm at a loss for words. I remember seeing it on CNN with my mother, and I was only a child, but I remember the shock.

RIP.
Ashley
once a again that great book called we all fall down came back for a sequel!!! Now not as good as I thought it would be. :\
I tried to love it, I really did but it just wasn't that good. But It was still a good book and I didn't give up on it so thats a good thing.

I do love the cover of the book though, so nice!
OVER all it wasn't as good as the first book but it was still good.
Brody
I thought this book was OKAY. If I was somebody who read the first I would not recommend reading the sequel because nothing really happened. There were no exciting parts. It was just after the tragedy what had happened. Although I did really like the first one and would recommend "We All Fall Down" (the first book) to anyone who loves historical fiction/realistic fiction.
Quinn Macqueen
I thought it was a good book, however it wasn't what I was expecting after reading We All Fall Down. This book is that sequel to We All Fall Down. United we stand wasn't as action packed, leaning to the edge of you seat wanting to know what was about to happen, it was more a talk about the aftermath of the World Trade Center terrorist attack.
Tiago
This is not an amazing book. In my opinion, it is not a n amazing job from the author. However, because the theme is so real, and made damages in so many lives, it made this book a good reading and sometimes, very touching. While I was reading this book, I couldn't help myself but, recall the 9/11 events and the following days.

Cynthia Hill
I didn't find this book quite as strong as the first, mainly because some of the events that happen, less than 24hrs after the attacks, seem a bit far-fetched. However, Walters does a good job illustrating the hurt, anger, and trauma that would have impacted the boys, and their families.
Alice
Don't like it that much mainly because after the first book, there was really nothing else to tell as a story. It just tells the road of James's recovery from the grief and how Will helps him. Other than that, there was really no story or interest to it.
Veronica Koitsis
I loved the book! An amazing sequel to We All Fall Down. But we all fall down was more interesting like i couldn't put it down! I insisted we all fall down in just 1 night! But united we stand is still good
Waverley
Sabrina *The REAL Princess*
This book, while good, was a tad boring. I read half way through and got tired. The sequel wasn't as nearly exciting as the first book. I would not read it agian.
Giulia
It started off really sad. Too emotional for my type, but would really recommend if you want to know what happens next! I warn you if you're as sensitive as ME!!
Mj
Mir
An amazing sequel to we all fall down, only a little sad. The book really makes you understand how people how lost loved ones in 9/11 felt.
Emilie
Jan 30, 2011 Emilie added it
Does anyone know a site where i can read the book?
I have a report due tomorrow and i forgot the book.
please help me.
Sai1000
It wasn't that good as WE ALL FALL DOWN. It was ok but for me, I thought Mr. Walter was just repeating himself.
Lily
Sep 30, 2013 Lily rated it 5 of 5 stars Recommends it for: Readers of We all Fall Down
I can't get over these two books! They are so interesting, and I am always wanting to read more. Definitely five stars.
Quinn20
I don't think it was as interesting as the book We All Fall Down, but it was still a good book.
Nicole
Excellent sequel! Easy read but kept me very interested throughout the book! :)
Christina
LOVED IT. this book shows so many different aspects of 9/11 and for that I am grateful.
Lexi
This add on to we all fall down is great it's like one whole book when it's two!!!
Tracy
Loved We All Fall down!!! Hope this one is as good!
Paige
i thought this book was very boring and i didnt like it.
Jade
i loved the book but it wasnt as good as the first one
also really good but i prefer the first
  • Banished from Our Home: The Acadian Diary of Angélique Richard
  • A Rebel's Daughter: The 1837 Rebellion Diary of Arabella Stevenson (Dear Canada)
  • No Safe Place
  • No Safe Harbour: The Halifax Explosion Diary of Charlotte Blackburn, Halifax, Nova Scotia, 1917
  • A Desperate Road to Freedom (Dear Canada)
  • Son of Interflux
  • Days of Toil and Tears: The Child Labour Diary of Flora Rutherford, Almonte, Ontario, 1887 (Dear Canada)
  • Not a Nickel to Spare: The Great Depression Diary of Sally Cohen (Dear Canada)
  • Robot Zot!
  • If I Die Before I Wake: The Flu Epidemic Diary of Fiona Macgregor (Dear Canada)
  • Turned Away: The World War II Diary of Devorah Bernstein
  • An Ocean Apart: The Gold Mountain Diary of Chin Mei-Ling, Vancouver, British Columbia, 1922 (Dear Canada)
  • To Stand On My Own: The Polio Epidemic Diary of Noreen Robertson, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, 1937 (Dear Canada)
  • Prisoners in the Promised Land: The Ukrainian Internment Diary of Anya Soloniuk
  • The Homeschool Liberation League
  • The Bite of the Mango
  • Word Nerd
  • A City Tossed and Broken: The Diary of Minnie Bonner, San Francisco, California, 1906 (Dear America)
Eric was born in Toronto in 1957, which makes him "real old". But, as Eric says, "Just because I have to grow old doesn't mean that I have to grow up!" In his many roles as parent, teacher, social worker, youth sports coach and writer he is in constant contact with children and young adults. He draws from these experiences and feels that this helps him to capture the realistic interaction between...more
More about Eric Walters...
We All Fall Down Safe as Houses Alexandria of Africa Camp X (Camp X, #1) Sketches