Start by marking “Higgledy-Piggledy Chicks” as Want to Read:
Higgledy-Piggledy Chicks

Higgledy-Piggledy Chicks

3.17  ·  Rating Details  ·  63 Ratings  ·  8 Reviews
Pip. Rip! Peek. Peep!

Mama has seven fuzzy new chicks. The barnyard is big. Things sparkle, things flap, and things wiggle, and the chicks want to know about all of them.

Zzzzip!

They scoot higgledy-piggledy here and there.

Mama clucks, "Watch out for danger!" But they are too curious, and they get into trouble.

Luckily, there's always a place under Mama's wing for the fuzzy c
Published January 26th 2010 by Greenwillow Books (first published 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Higgledy-Piggledy Chicks, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Higgledy-Piggledy Chicks

Kristie
Sep 22, 2012 Kristie rated it really liked it
•Brief summary
This book is a bout seven little chick and there mama who tries very hard to keep them safe. These seven little chick learn that its ok to run and play but they need to be safe. These little chicks run into a cat with sharp claws, a snake with sharp teeth and a racoon. Mama explains to the chicks that she can not be every where at once and they need to be careful.

•Audience
pre-school, kindergarder

•Appeal
The pictures and very large and some are very funny.

•Implementation
I would u
Miss
Feb 23, 2016 Miss rated it really liked it
It's hard to rate this since when I read it (8+ times a day) I'm really only labelling animals & mimicking their sounds. 16 month old is not interested in the words on the pages -- but the pictures are lovely.
Tanika
Apr 16, 2011 Tanika rated it liked it
Shelves: safe-place
This story is about a mama who has seven new chicks. The chicks want to explore the barnyard because it is new to them. Mama tells the chicks, “Watch out for danger!” They are so curious that they get into trouble. They know they can always go back to a safe place, which is under mama’s wing. This story is good for students who want to explore and know that they have a safe place to go to. Good for preschoolers.
Ms. B
Apr 08, 2012 Ms. B rated it really liked it
Delightful! This is a great book for introducing your children or students to the life cycle of chickens while teaching basic counting concepts. The illustrations will have you in awe, too.
Dolly
Jun 14, 2010 Dolly rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: parents reading with their children
Cute book that describes how baby chicks hatch and how the mother hen takes care of them. It has fun, colorful illustrations and a simple, but interesting narrative. It's a fun book to read aloud.
Nancy J.
Jul 16, 2010 Nancy J. rated it liked it
the illustations are cute and I appreciate the final two pages with facts about chicks and the author's farm
Rachel
Jul 22, 2010 Rachel rated it liked it
Simple and straightforward but it misses some natural things like the hen sitting on her eggs.
None
Jan 18, 2010 None rated it it was amazing
it takes a village, for kids.
Alyssa
Alyssa rated it liked it
Feb 28, 2016
Jennifer Heise
Jennifer Heise marked it as to-read
Nov 03, 2015
Jaxon Pitzer
Jaxon Pitzer rated it it was amazing
Sep 20, 2015
Jodi
Jodi marked it as to-read
Sep 16, 2015
Damera Blincoe
Damera Blincoe rated it really liked it
Apr 20, 2015
Trinity
Trinity rated it liked it
Apr 17, 2015
Dalia
Dalia rated it it was ok
Apr 03, 2015
Leland Jack
Leland Jack rated it really liked it
Nov 22, 2014
Beverly
Beverly rated it really liked it
Oct 15, 2014
Katelyn Patterson
Katelyn Patterson rated it liked it
Jul 15, 2014
K Long
K Long added it
Jun 04, 2014
Katherine Salinas
Katherine Salinas rated it did not like it
Mar 23, 2014
Angelo
Angelo added it
Oct 21, 2013
Rachel
Rachel rated it liked it
Aug 12, 2013
Pinky
Pinky rated it liked it
Aug 06, 2013
Lisa Delacruz
Lisa Delacruz rated it it was amazing
Jul 17, 2013
Bess
Bess added it
Jul 13, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
Barbara Joosse has written many books for children. Among them are Mama, Do You Love Me?, illustrated by Barbara Lavallee; and I Love You the Purplest, illustrated by Mary Whyte. She says, "When I was a little girl, I wished for two things — a best friend, and something so ferocious it would scare away the monsters under my bed. And so I have written Lovabye Dragon. I think maybe it’s for little m ...more
More about Barbara Joosse...