Start by marking “The Spider Catcher” as Want to Read:
The Spider Catcher

The Spider Catcher

He is a young Welshman who forsook the family shipbuilding business to study medicine . . . until, poised at the brink of a brilliant career, tragedy broke his heart and shattered his dreams. She is a daughter of London's inner city, a woman-child weaned
Published May 1st 2009 by Zondervan (first published 2003)

To ask other readers questions about The Spider Catcher, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Spider Catcher

Lisa
Oct 21, 2014 Lisa rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Full Review: http://www.thebookwormslibrary.com/?p...

This is a book that I got frustrated with early — and it never really improved for me. As a preface, I should say that I really am not much of a fan of Christian literature. I get frustrated with the idealized personification of the characters — even in their extreme challenges and difficulties. This, in turn leads to a real disconnect from the characters in general. That was exactly the case in this one. Clearly, I should have read the descri
Abigail
Sep 20, 2008 Abigail rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A compelling love story set in the midst of the American Revolution. Morris throws the readers into the confusion and danger of the 18th century dispute through the eyes of a protagonist quite indifferent to the cause... at first. With cliff-hangers at every chapter, I could count the number of sittings it took to read this book on one hand! The love story, though somewhat predictable, is still captivating and has a happily ever after that will please anyone!
Paula-O
Jun 04, 2011 Paula-O rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was little different story for me but loved it, Rees was a strong character and I was happy that he helped the young girl get out of the life she was in, it took him long time to realize what a good young woman she was and how she had grown into a remarkable woman that he had falled in love with. Good story. I have read Gilbert Morris before and he did not dissapoint me in this story.
Keri Jewel
One I picked off the shelf at the beach (never knowing what you will find!). I am thinking Morris is a Christian fiction writer and I don't get much into that, but this book was enjoyable. It is set in the American Revolution time in Boston.
Sally Lindsay-briggs
I really enjoyed the story, the history and the way it ended. I have always liked doctor stories (I used to be a Ben Casey and Dr. Kildare fan). I lent my daughter this book because she enjoys Historical Romance. I think many would want to read this yarn.
Daisy
Nov 24, 2009 Daisy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It's amazing to me how fluidly Gilbert Morris grew each of the characters over time and 2 countries. The underlying love story was sweet, but by far not the only enjoyable aspect of this book. I love historical novels, and always find myself researching and learning from these types of books.
Annie
Jul 02, 2009 Annie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved the historical content of this book. Very good story.
Andreas van Rooyen
A very sweet book. I liked the way the charaters grew in the book. His blend of history and fiction is brilliant.
Julie
Mar 04, 2008 Julie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: christian, romance
I was pleseantly surprised by this book. It is written by a Christain auther, so be aware of that. The story was really sweet and easy for me to want to keep reading.
Melissa
Pretty good except for the romance, which included way more kissing than appropriate (especially for characters unmarried and not intending to marry each other).
Hannah Kuehne
Hannah Kuehne rated it it was amazing
Jun 17, 2011
Levica
Levica rated it really liked it
Sep 12, 2012
Julie
Julie rated it it was amazing
Aug 15, 2014
Jennette
Jennette rated it liked it
Aug 16, 2011
Heidi Kelsch
Heidi Kelsch rated it it was amazing
Aug 09, 2013
Peter
Peter rated it it was amazing
Apr 06, 2017
Beatrice James
Beatrice James rated it it was amazing
Dec 28, 2015
Dona Watson
Dona Watson rated it liked it
Aug 26, 2011
Teresa
Teresa rated it liked it
Dec 02, 2011
Kristen
Kristen rated it it was ok
Feb 23, 2010
Bobbi Cox
Bobbi Cox rated it it was amazing
Apr 12, 2012
Becky
Becky rated it it was amazing
Sep 14, 2012
Sarah Andrews
Sarah Andrews rated it liked it
Jul 06, 2013
Samantha
Samantha rated it liked it
Jul 23, 2015
Ariel Christophersen
Ariel Christophersen rated it it was amazing
Jul 22, 2012
Patti Victorson
Patti Victorson rated it really liked it
Jan 23, 2015
joyce lynn
May 08, 2008 joyce lynn rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
WOW!!! i can't think of anything else to say, just ... WOW!!!
Christy
Christy rated it liked it
Jul 20, 2015
Walter Smith
Walter Smith rated it really liked it
Jun 13, 2012
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • Driven With the Wind  (Cheney Duvall, M.D., #8)
  • Circle of Honor (Scottish Crown Series, #1)
  • Glimpses of Truth
  • Daughter of Silk (The Silk House, #1)
  • Daughter of Liberty (The American Patriot, #1)
  • The Last Sacrifice
  • Wind Dancer
  • Madman
  • All My Holy Mountain (Binding of the Blade, #5)
  • Blaze of Silver (The de Granville Trilogy, #3)
  • Virginia
  • Texas Charm: Love Is in the Air Around Houston (Texas Charm #1-4)
  • Not Exactly Eden
  • A Touch of Betrayal (Treasures of the Heart #3)
  • The King Without a Shadow