Start by marking “The Spider Catcher” as Want to Read:
The Spider Catcher

The Spider Catcher

3.74 of 5 stars 3.74  ·  rating details  ·  137 ratings  ·  12 reviews
He is a young Welshman who forsook the family shipbuilding business to study medicine . . . until, poised at the brink of a brilliant career, tragedy broke his heart and shattered his dreams. She is a daughter of London's inner city, a woman-child weaned
Published May 26th 2009 by Zondervan (first published 2003)

To ask other readers questions about The Spider Catcher, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Spider Catcher

Lisa
Full Review: http://www.thebookwormslibrary.com/?p...

This is a book that I got frustrated with early — and it never really improved for me. As a preface, I should say that I really am not much of a fan of Christian literature. I get frustrated with the idealized personification of the characters — even in their extreme challenges and difficulties. This, in turn leads to a real disconnect from the characters in general. That was exactly the case in this one. Clearly, I should have read the descri
Abigail
A compelling love story set in the midst of the American Revolution. Morris throws the readers into the confusion and danger of the 18th century dispute through the eyes of a protagonist quite indifferent to the cause... at first. With cliff-hangers at every chapter, I could count the number of sittings it took to read this book on one hand! The love story, though somewhat predictable, is still captivating and has a happily ever after that will please anyone!
Paula-O
This was little different story for me but loved it, Rees was a strong character and I was happy that he helped the young girl get out of the life she was in, it took him long time to realize what a good young woman she was and how she had grown into a remarkable woman that he had falled in love with. Good story. I have read Gilbert Morris before and he did not dissapoint me in this story.
Daisy
It's amazing to me how fluidly Gilbert Morris grew each of the characters over time and 2 countries. The underlying love story was sweet, but by far not the only enjoyable aspect of this book. I love historical novels, and always find myself researching and learning from these types of books.
Keri Jewel
One I picked off the shelf at the beach (never knowing what you will find!). I am thinking Morris is a Christian fiction writer and I don't get much into that, but this book was enjoyable. It is set in the American Revolution time in Boston.
Julie
I was pleseantly surprised by this book. It is written by a Christain auther, so be aware of that. The story was really sweet and easy for me to want to keep reading.
Melissa
Pretty good except for the romance, which included way more kissing than appropriate (especially for characters unmarried and not intending to marry each other).
Lindsay Porter
A Christian novel that includes a lot of American history. Great read.
Annie
I loved the historical content of this book. Very good story.
joyce lynn
WOW!!! i can't think of anything else to say, just ... WOW!!!
Elizabeth
I really enjoyed this book!
Penny
Penny marked it as to-read
Feb 20, 2015
Kayla Barrows
Kayla Barrows marked it as to-read
Dec 23, 2014
Alathia Morgan
Alathia Morgan marked it as to-read
Dec 14, 2014
Elizabeth Kunkel
Elizabeth Kunkel marked it as to-read
Nov 22, 2014
Sierra Faith
Sierra Faith marked it as to-read
Oct 08, 2014
Cheryl
Cheryl marked it as to-read
Sep 19, 2014
Marissa
Marissa marked it as to-read
Sep 18, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Driven With the Wind  (Cheney Duvall, M.D., #8)
  • Circle of Honor (Scottish Crown Series, #1)
  • Daughter of Silk (The Silk House, #1)
  • Consuming Fire (Scottish Highland, #2)
  • Third Watch (A. D. Chronicles #3)
  • The Last Sacrifice
  • Madman
  • Isle of Shadows
  • Wind Dancer
  • The Enclave
  • Blaze of Silver (The de Granville Trilogy, #3)
  • Leave a Candle Burning (Tucker Mills Trilogy, #3)
The Honorable Imposter: 1620 (The House of Winslow) Sword of Truth The Indentured Heart: 1740 (The House of Winslow) The Captive Bride (The House of Winslow, #2) The Gentle Rebel: 1775 (The House of Winslow)