Start by marking “The Mane Squeeze (Pride, #4)” as Want to Read:
The Mane Squeeze (Pride, #4)

The Mane Squeeze (Pride #4)

4.36  ·  Rating Details  ·  10,398 Ratings  ·  461 Reviews
Growing up on the tough Philly streets, Gwen O'Neill has learned how to fend for herself. But what is she supposed to do with a nice, suburban Jersey boy in the form of a massive Grizzly shifter? Especially one with a rather unhealthy fetish for honey, moose, and…uh…well, her. Yet despite his menacing ursine growl and four-inch claws, Gwen finds Lachlan "Lock" MacRyrie cut ...more
Published November 1st 2009 by Kensington Publishing Corporation

Jessica's Totally Over The Top Book Obsession
5 Project: Code Name Bear-Cat Stars

*Spoilers*

“I am not seven feet tall,” he snapped at her as if she’d really insulted him. “I’m six-eleven.” When she smirked in disbelief, he added, “And three-quarters.”

photo 9923454_zpso6ie9mj2.gif

The Mane Squeeze is the 4th book in the Pride series and has now taking the spot of my favorite book in this series. I loved everything about this book. Everything!! Lock is my new favorite hero of the series, bumping Eggie to second place and Gwen is my favorite heroine of this series by a lo
Catherine
I've been in the mood for funny lately and have been on a marathon of Laurenston's books. This is definitely one of my favorites in the Pride series. Lock and Gwen are so cute together and they are one of the most sane couples we have seen to date. They're sweet and happy together and most of the hilarious situations come from their dealings with their friends and family.

I absolutely loved Mitch through this book because I practically died laughing every time he was in a scene! He was constantly
Ally
Jun 30, 2016 Ally rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'm totes in to playing with my toes too

bear toes

I mean, who wouldn't want to play with their toes whenever possible. Other than yoga. That's not playing. That's when you HAVE to touch your toes. Anyway....

Setting / Time / Genre: Current. NY.

Series: Oh yea and I am consuming them like nobody's biznass. I am going to have withdrawals when this series is over. You know that, right?

Sexy times:Uh huh. It's a Shelley Laurensexytimeton. Duh. So if the more descriptive of words puts you off...move on, nothing
Ridley
This book was like my neighbors: lots of crazy bitches fighting each other and arguing loudly and endlessly without saying a single thing of substance.

Hero made me want to buy a teddy bear, though. God, he was lovable.
Aly is so frigging bored
2nd read: April 2014
Buddy read with Jo. Jo don't beat me up, it wasn't my fault! I just said I'll read a little at school and then... I finished te thing :|

Favorite quotes:
***don't read them while eating or drinking, accidents may happen***
Rubbing his chest where she’d hit him, Mitch glowered blindly across the street. “She’s up to something. She’s trying to keep Gwen here for some reason.”
“Maybe because they’re best friends and she’d rather Gwen be here than in Philly?”
“Oh, please. Blayne Thorp
Carisa
This was so good and funny, what a mismatched H/h and yet so perfect for each other. The author always gives the characters some of their animal traits and I just adored the bear hero. Everything worked for me, love story and subplots.
HERO is a Performer, a burnt-out former warrior who’s working towards his long-term goals, patiently but without pause. He’s very attracted to a she-lion with an overprotective family, and although he doesn’t know what a Bear like him can offer to a woman so differ
Smokinhotbooks K.C.
As my college English professor once told me, it’s harder to make people laugh than cry. This was after he gave me a C, but that is another post. This book made me laugh-out- loud. I had happy tears coming down my face. This also could have been due to my antibiotics, as I more than once wanted to swing in circles and shout, “weeee”. This book picks-up after Mane Attraction, (Sissy Mae and Mitch Shaw’s story), where we were introduced to Gwen, who is Mitch’s younger sister and she also happens t ...more
Melindeeloo
Forget shape shifters who make you want to howl, this one will make you want to cover yourself in honey!

I really liked the hero of Mane Squeeze, who can deny the charm of a seven foot drop dead gorgeous shifter in a kilt and as a grizzly shifter Lock MacRyrie has an understated danger about him that I found truly appealing and which allows this thoughtful sweetheart of a hunk the ability to make even the fiercest breed of shifters run for cover - or play dead.

For a Laurentson leading lady, the
Zeek
At his good friend’s wedding to Smith pack Alpha Bobby Ray “Smitty” Smith, Grizzly shifter Lachlan Macryrie decides the sexy little tigon (half tiger/ half lion) he happens upon is as irresistible as honey covered salmon. But a misunderstanding leads to a brawl causing her to slip thru his paws like his slippery favorite food.

Gwen O’Neill, mix breed shifter and sister to two severely protective lions, is a beauty. But does she follow in her Mom’s lioness pawprints and labor in the beauty industr
Katie(babs)
There are not many funny and loopy paranormal books that will have you laughing out loud and rolling your eyes at the same time. The Main Squeeze is definitely one of them.

Lachlan “Lock” MacRyrie is not really that interested in social events. But, since this seven foot tall grizzly bear shape-shifter from Long Island, New York has no choice and must to attend his good friend’s wedding, he’ll suck it up and pretend to enjoy himself. Lock enjoys the simple things in life, such as catching salmon
Cindy
Nov 08, 2009 Cindy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: keepers
Good read. The hero's a 7 foot shifter [who we discover looks EXCELLENT in a kilt:] and just happens to turn into a grizzly bear. The heroine's a mere 5' 8" [practically a munchkin in the shifter world:] mixed-breed who just happens to be Mitch O'Neill/Shaw's little sister.

The author delivers her customary hot scenes intermixed with laugh-out-loud humor. Mix together plots [both nefarious and well intended:], shifter prejudices and politics, over-protective brothers [and their mates:], and girl
Jen (Red Hot Books)
Just when I feared every single shifter in the world of the Pride series was an over-the-top, bizarre, or arrogant joke, Shelly Laurenston proves me wrong. Only HALF of this couple fits the bill. Yes, tigon shifter Gwen is violent, bawdy and a bit, er, low class. But the hero, Lock, is actually kind of normal. At least, as normal as a guy who shifts into a grizzly bear can be. This is progress.

You may remember Gwen from the earlier books in the series. She is Mitch's half-sister from Philly. I m
Penny Watson
Aug 05, 2011 Penny Watson rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I think it's pretty apparent why shapeshifters and romance became a successful genre. There is something inherently sexy and domineering and elemental about a wild beast. Strip away the humanity, and what you have left is a being who thinks about eating and survival and sex and protecting his pack and loved ones. There is nothing sexier than an intense, mysterious werewolf claiming its mate (oh, how I love you Vane Kattalakis).

I love serious, intense shapeshifters (Sherrilyn Kenyon). I love funn
Wicked Nyx
Ok, I am usually a fan of bad-boys, you know the ones - totally alpha, controlling, socially unacceptable, etc. I now have a new favorite type of hero - the Lochlan McRyrie type.

Lock is a grizzly shifter, nearly seven feet tall, over 300 pounds of muscle. He is sweet, funny, caring, considerate...and totally terrifying. Oh, and he looks *amazing* in a kilt! Obsessed with honey (naturally) and fixated on working his way into our girl Gwen's life.

Gwen is a hybrid, her mom is a notorious lioness a
Elise-Pinterest+Goodreads=The Perfect Book Boyfriend
While I enjoyed this book simply because I like bear shifters and this story gives a better view into the prejudices against mixed breeds, there were a lot of unanswered questions at the end. Also, the heroine is such a scaredy cat (no pun intended). I never get the feeling that she could pretend or defend a grape. Lock on the other hand, is totally hot and I have decided in shifter world, I want a bear. Also, I know that the way it ended with DeAnne was suppose to really make me want to read th ...more
Georgie
Absolutely gorgeous beta-type hero is the best the thing about this. Shape-shifting is not a genre I'm familiar with, which may be why the rest of the book left me cold: it didn't seem to me that there was enough plot / development to sustain the book outside the frequent dog/tiger/wolf fights.
Emily
Gwen O'Neill is not sure what draws her to the handsome Grizzly Lachlan "Lock" MacRyie, but she seems to always find herself in his arms. When they "accidentally" bump into each other again, he finally asks her out, after all bears are deep thinkers. Lock has never met anyone quite like Gwen, sexy, unpredictable, and addictive and he can't think of his life without her in it.

Not sure why I kept putting this one to the side, thought it was fantastic. A lot of sub stories that could lead to more s
Carolyn F.
Audiobook

I don't know if I'm in a funk with this series but I'm not enjoying them as much as I did when I first started reading them. It seems like the same jokes are repeated over and over - her head turning, he's so big, she's scared of her sister-in-law. These were amusing the first time but by the 5th time I wasn't even smiling. The romance was cute. Now the hybrid will have a part bear, part tiger, part lion baby - what in the hell will that look like.

I'm going to take a long break from th
N.J. Walters
Aug 17, 2013 N.J. Walters rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
If you love shifters, you have to read Shelly Laurenston!
Chumchum_88
This one was cute and funny, a really light hearted kind of book ^^

- I loved the cuddly hero, he was so so so cute with his honey obsession and playing with his toes and how gentlemanly he is and how close to his parents he is plus he's cute when he blushes oooh lets not forget there was a kilt involved XD

- The heroine was ok, she garnered some sympathy with her hybrid origins and how this affected her life with bullying and attacks and such stuff, but she was a tough girl, I preferred her best
Larissa
Mar 13, 2011 Larissa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Previously Published on my blog: Welcome to Larissa's Bookish Life

SPOILER FREE

I was a bit worried about these next few books in this series. I mean, they are all about characters that have had very little to no screen time so far. But, I should have know that I could trust the awesome Shelly Laurenston to deliver, because she ALWAYS will!

The Mane Squeeze is the story of Mitch’s {from The Mane Attraction} little sister, Gwen’s story. My first impression of Gwen when she first showed up a couple b
Literary Ames {Against GR Censorship}
Bears! My first bear shifter book and what an impression it made! He may not be an alpha male but Lock's very size (6ft 11 3/4inch human and 10ft bear) and demeanour means he can pretty much do whatever he wants as evidenced by his treatment of the "kittens" Mitch and Brendon, sometimes forgetting he was still dragging them like battered ragdolls in his hands. He was very entertained by these two playthings, much to their chagrin...and need for a hospital afterwards. -LMAO!

Lock's bear nature was
Crazy for Books (Stephanie)
4.5 HONEY BEAR STARS

Nothing much to say other than freaking HILARIOUS! This author and series are fast becoming one of my favorites. They are hot and sexy, yet make me laugh until my stomach hurts. If I cold do a gif of shape shifters I would. The visual is in my head and I wish I could actually show people.

Shelly Laurenston, I am now a die hard fan!
valee
I'm just so disappointed with this one! So many things were wrong with it. I had been loving the books in this series and I was having a great time reading it. I'm worried though because everybody rated it very high, but I just wanted it to end.

First of all I hated the "bad guy", or girl in this case. Also I didn't like at all the heroine either. Gwen O'Neill was boring and lame. The thing about the derby didn't attracted me at all and the rest of the characters were lacking in comparison with
Veronica Del Rosa
I love Lock. He seriously made the book for me. He was sweet, funny, easygoing and sexy has hell. He was willing to protect without being overprotective and I laughed every time he dragged one of the lion brothers around. Don't mess with the bear. ;)
Gwen didn't irritate me, which is saying a lot considering Laurenstons female characters really tick me off. She was bloodthirsty, but not a bully, unlike some other characters that I still hate. I have a feeling I'll be re-reading this one.
Colliding Worlds
Wie immer lustig und unterhaltsam, aber leider in manchen Aspekten etwas enttäuschend. Die Protagonisten sind liebenswert und man wünscht ihnen ihr Happy End von Anfang an, aber vor allem Gwen war mir zu blass. Lock war unheimlich niedlich und sexy zugleich; er ist eine willkommende Abwechslung zu all den dominanten Alphamännchen und stellt einen interessanten individuellen Charaktertypen dar, obwohl auch er ein paar Ecken und Kanten gebrauchen hätte können.
Der typisch verrückte Humor der Serie
Shanna Matheo
I enjoyed this one. I liked the main characters and the bits with the wildogs had me cracking up as always, but no this was not a 5 or even 4 star read.

Oh and Shelly, I am side-eyeing yo ass for the incorrect use of then and than. Get it together, damn it!

description
Megan
Aug 17, 2016 Megan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Oh my God, I LOVED this book! Shelly Laurenston is my new favorite author. I love everything she writes. It all makes me laugh.

Lock is the greatest shifter ever on the face of the Earth. Gwen was hilariously crazy. Like she was kind of a nut job. She was terrified of doctors, thought they were going to harvest her organs. Im not quite sure why that was so funny to me but it was. Lock was extremely laid back. He is one of the best written bear shifters I have ever read. Lock was huge, he was cur
Jordan Summers
Feb 11, 2015 Jordan Summers rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I think I'm going to turn Shelly Laurenston into my go to girl, when I need to read something that will get me out of a reading funk. I LOVED this book. I adored the bear/hero. Loch was simply perfect--especially for the tigon heroine. As in all of Shelly's books, family plays a large part in the story. The crazier the family, the better. The hero's family was a nice counter point to her insane one. It was just a lovely, lovely romance that hit all the right notes. If you haven't read this book, ...more
Love 9 48 Jan 22, 2014 12:26PM
  • What a Dragon Should Know (Dragon Kin, #3)
  • Bear Necessities (Halle Shifters, #1)
  • Sun, Sand, Sex (includes: The Long Island Coven, #1)
  • Kiss of Snow (Psy-Changeling, #10)
  • Revelation (de La Vega Cats, #2)
  • Swan and the Bear (Furry United Coalition, #2)
  • Eternal Hunter (Night Watch, #1)
  • Primal Bonds (Shifters Unbound, #2)
  • Mary and the Bear (True Mates, #2)
Originally from Long Island, New York, Shelly Laurenston has resigned herself to West Coast living which involves healthy food, mostly sunny days, and lots of guys not wearing shirts when they really should be. Shelly Laurenston is also The New York Times Bestselling author G.A. Aiken, creator of the Dragon Kin series. For more info on G.A. Aiken's dangerously and arrogantly sexy dragons, check ou ...more
More about Shelly Laurenston...

Pride (9 books)
  • The Mane Event (Pride, #1)
  • The Beast in Him (Pride, #2)
  • The Mane Attraction (Pride, #3)
  • Beast Behaving Badly (Pride, #5)
  • Big Bad Beast (Pride, #6)
  • Bear Meets Girl (Pride, #7)
  • Wolf with Benefits (Pride, #8)
  • Bite Me (Pride, #9)

“Sissy Mae Smith...stumbled into the room loaded down with even more bags. "You pack like a woman," she snarled when she finally dropped the luggage to the floor. "How can one man have so much conditioner?"

His mouth filled with French toast, Mitch pointed at his hair and snarled, "Tawny mane! Do you think this shit stays this beautiful on its own? It needs care and love! Which is more than I'm getting from you!”
260 likes
“Blayne turned her head to look at Gwen, but caught sight of Dee-Ann standing behind them.

"Ahh! Where the hell did you come from?"

"Momma says from the love she shares with my daddy," Dee calmly replied.”
77 likes