Start by marking “The Mane Squeeze (Pride, #4)” as Want to Read:
The Mane Squeeze (Pride, #4)

The Mane Squeeze (Pride #4)

4.37 of 5 stars 4.37  ·  rating details  ·  9,489 ratings  ·  431 reviews
Growing up on the tough Philly streets, Gwen O'Neill has learned how to fend for herself. But what is she supposed to do with a nice, suburban Jersey boy in the form of a massive Grizzly shifter? Especially one with a rather unhealthy fetish for honey, moose, and…uh…well, her. Yet despite his menacing ursine growl and four-inch claws, Gwen finds Lachlan "Lock" MacRyrie cut ...more
Published November 1st 2009 by Kensington Publishing Corporation

Jessica Hatfield
5 Project: Code Name Bear-Cat Stars

“I am not seven feet tall,” he snapped at her as if she’d really insulted him. “I’m six-eleven.” When she smirked in disbelief, he added, “And three-quarters.”

photo 9923454_zpso6ie9mj2.gif

The Mane Squeeze is the 4th book in the Pride series and has now taking the spot of my favorite book in this series. I loved everything about this book. Everything!! Lock is my new favorite hero of the series, bumping Eggie to second place and Gwen is my favorite heroine of this series by a lot!

“Now lis
I've been in the mood for funny lately and have been on a marathon of Laurenston's books. This is definitely one of my favorites in the Pride series. Lock and Gwen are so cute together and they are one of the most sane couples we have seen to date. They're sweet and happy together and most of the hilarious situations come from their dealings with their friends and family.

I absolutely loved Mitch through this book because I practically died laughing every time he was in a scene! He was constantly
This book was like my neighbors: lots of crazy bitches fighting each other and arguing loudly and endlessly without saying a single thing of substance.

Hero made me want to buy a teddy bear, though. God, he was lovable.
This was so good and funny, what a mismatched H/h and yet so perfect for each other. The author always gives the characters some of their animal traits and I just adored the bear hero. Everything worked for me, love story and subplots.
HERO is a Performer, a burnt-out former warrior who’s working towards his long-term goals, patiently but without pause. He’s very attracted to a she-lion with an overprotective family, and although he doesn’t know what a Bear like him can offer to a woman so differ
Aly is so frigging bored
2nd read: April 2014
Buddy read with Jo. Jo don't beat me up, it wasn't my fault! I just said I'll read a little at school and then... I finished te thing :|

Favorite quotes:
***don't read them while eating or drinking, accidents may happen***
Rubbing his chest where she’d hit him, Mitch glowered blindly across the street. “She’s up to something. She’s trying to keep Gwen here for some reason.”
“Maybe because they’re best friends and she’d rather Gwen be here than in Philly?”
“Oh, please. Blayne Thorp
Smokinhotbooks K.C.
As my college English professor once told me, it’s harder to make people laugh than cry. This was after he gave me a C, but that is another post. This book made me laugh-out- loud. I had happy tears coming down my face. This also could have been due to my antibiotics, as I more than once wanted to swing in circles and shout, “weeee”. This book picks-up after Mane Attraction, (Sissy Mae and Mitch Shaw’s story), where we were introduced to Gwen, who is Mitch’s younger sister and she also happens t ...more
Forget shape shifters who make you want to howl, this one will make you want to cover yourself in honey!

I really liked the hero of Mane Squeeze, who can deny the charm of a seven foot drop dead gorgeous shifter in a kilt and as a grizzly shifter Lock MacRyrie has an understated danger about him that I found truly appealing and which allows this thoughtful sweetheart of a hunk the ability to make even the fiercest breed of shifters run for cover - or play dead.

For a Laurentson leading lady, the
At his good friend’s wedding to Smith pack Alpha Bobby Ray “Smitty” Smith, Grizzly shifter Lachlan Macryrie decides the sexy little tigon (half tiger/ half lion) he happens upon is as irresistible as honey covered salmon. But a misunderstanding leads to a brawl causing her to slip thru his paws like his slippery favorite food.

Gwen O’Neill, mix breed shifter and sister to two severely protective lions, is a beauty. But does she follow in her Mom’s lioness pawprints and labor in the beauty industr
There are not many funny and loopy paranormal books that will have you laughing out loud and rolling your eyes at the same time. The Main Squeeze is definitely one of them.

Lachlan “Lock” MacRyrie is not really that interested in social events. But, since this seven foot tall grizzly bear shape-shifter from Long Island, New York has no choice and must to attend his good friend’s wedding, he’ll suck it up and pretend to enjoy himself. Lock enjoys the simple things in life, such as catching salmon
Good read. The hero's a 7 foot shifter [who we discover looks EXCELLENT in a kilt:] and just happens to turn into a grizzly bear. The heroine's a mere 5' 8" [practically a munchkin in the shifter world:] mixed-breed who just happens to be Mitch O'Neill/Shaw's little sister.

The author delivers her customary hot scenes intermixed with laugh-out-loud humor. Mix together plots [both nefarious and well intended:], shifter prejudices and politics, over-protective brothers [and their mates:], and girl
Penny Watson
I think it's pretty apparent why shapeshifters and romance became a successful genre. There is something inherently sexy and domineering and elemental about a wild beast. Strip away the humanity, and what you have left is a being who thinks about eating and survival and sex and protecting his pack and loved ones. There is nothing sexier than an intense, mysterious werewolf claiming its mate (oh, how I love you Vane Kattalakis).

I love serious, intense shapeshifters (Sherrilyn Kenyon). I love funn
Wicked Nyx
Ok, I am usually a fan of bad-boys, you know the ones - totally alpha, controlling, socially unacceptable, etc. I now have a new favorite type of hero - the Lochlan McRyrie type.

Lock is a grizzly shifter, nearly seven feet tall, over 300 pounds of muscle. He is sweet, funny, caring, considerate...and totally terrifying. Oh, and he looks *amazing* in a kilt! Obsessed with honey (naturally) and fixated on working his way into our girl Gwen's life.

Gwen is a hybrid, her mom is a notorious lioness a
Elise-Pinterest+Goodreads=The Perfect Book Boyfriend
While I enjoyed this book simply because I like bear shifters and this story gives a better view into the prejudices against mixed breeds, there were a lot of unanswered questions at the end. Also, the heroine is such a scaredy cat (no pun intended). I never get the feeling that she could pretend or defend a grape. Lock on the other hand, is totally hot and I have decided in shifter world, I want a bear. Also, I know that the way it ended with DeAnne was suppose to really make me want to read th ...more
Gwen O'Neill is not sure what draws her to the handsome Grizzly Lachlan "Lock" MacRyie, but she seems to always find herself in his arms. When they "accidentally" bump into each other again, he finally asks her out, after all bears are deep thinkers. Lock has never met anyone quite like Gwen, sexy, unpredictable, and addictive and he can't think of his life without her in it.

Not sure why I kept putting this one to the side, thought it was fantastic. A lot of sub stories that could lead to more s
This one was cute and funny, a really light hearted kind of book ^^

- I loved the cuddly hero, he was so so so cute with his honey obsession and playing with his toes and how gentlemanly he is and how close to his parents he is plus he's cute when he blushes oooh lets not forget there was a kilt involved XD

- The heroine was ok, she garnered some sympathy with her hybrid origins and how this affected her life with bullying and attacks and such stuff, but she was a tough girl, I preferred her best
Previously Published on my blog: Welcome to Larissa's Bookish Life

I was a bit worried about these next few books in this series. I mean, they are all about characters that have had very little to no screen time so far. But, I should have know that I could trust the awesome Shelly Laurenston to deliver, because she ALWAYS will!

The Mane Squeeze is the story of Mitch’s {from The Mane Attraction} little sister, Gwen’s story. My first impression of Gwen when she first showed up a couple b
Literary Ames {Against GR Censorship}
Bears! My first bear shifter book and what an impression it made! He may not be an alpha male but Lock's very size (6ft 11 3/4inch human and 10ft bear) and demeanour means he can pretty much do whatever he wants as evidenced by his treatment of the "kittens" Mitch and Brendon, sometimes forgetting he was still dragging them like battered ragdolls in his hands. He was very entertained by these two playthings, much to their chagrin...and need for a hospital afterwards. -LMAO!

Lock's bear nature was
Crazy for Books (Stephanie)

Nothing much to say other than freaking HILARIOUS! This author and series are fast becoming one of my favorites. They are hot and sexy, yet make me laugh until my stomach hurts. If I cold do a gif of shape shifters I would. The visual is in my head and I wish I could actually show people.

Shelly Laurenston, I am now a die hard fan!
I'm just so disappointed with this one! So many things were wrong with it. I had been loving the books in this series and I was having a great time reading it. I'm worried though because everybody rated it very high, but I just wanted it to end.

First of all I hated the "bad guy", or girl in this case. Also I didn't like at all the heroine either. Gwen O'Neill was boring and lame. The thing about the derby didn't attracted me at all and the rest of the characters were lacking in comparison with
Veronica Del Rosa
I love Lock. He seriously made the book for me. He was sweet, funny, easygoing and sexy has hell. He was willing to protect without being overprotective and I laughed every time he dragged one of the lion brothers around. Don't mess with the bear. ;)
Gwen didn't irritate me, which is saying a lot considering Laurenstons female characters really tick me off. She was bloodthirsty, but not a bully, unlike some other characters that I still hate. I have a feeling I'll be re-reading this one.
Jordan Summers
I think I'm going to turn Shelly Laurenston into my go to girl, when I need to read something that will get me out of a reading funk. I LOVED this book. I adored the bear/hero. Loch was simply perfect--especially for the tigon heroine. As in all of Shelly's books, family plays a large part in the story. The crazier the family, the better. The hero's family was a nice counter point to her insane one. It was just a lovely, lovely romance that hit all the right notes. If you haven't read this book, ...more
 One Curvy Blogger

This review was originally posted on One Curvy Blogger

As y’all are aware, I am on such a paranormal romance binge these days. Even though I have already read The Mane Squeeze once before, I was jumping for joy to finally re-read two of my favorite character book. I luuuurve Gwen and Lock! They are still the most adorable, hottest couple ever and I hope you guys wind up loving them as much as I do once I share some of my favorite quotes from the book.

Gwen is a Tigon

She extended her le
Actually 4.75stars
Little tigron shifter Gwen O'Neill set her sights on grizzly shifter Lock McRyrie at Smitty and Jessie's wedding and Gwen's honey scent keeps Lock interested. Gwen and her friend, Blayne, are attacked by an unknown pack while staying at Bren's over the weekend, Lock and Gwen meet again. Complications arise when family members and a fear of doctors are mixed into the possibly budding romance.

Gwen and Blayne decide it's time to make some life changes and they move to New York and
Laurie aka Spice
I have a slight problem. I hoard Shelly Laurenston books. I dole them out to myself like they are expensive and rare specialty chocolates (actually they are more like a moon pie, not fancy just yummy, good, and fun), saving them for when I absolutely positively need a pick me up. SL books are guaranteed to make me forget about bad books or crappy days because they are just so wacky, you can't help but laugh. Between a grizzly bear who likes to play with his toes and the hysterically funny but vi ...more
Oleta Blaylock
I love that these books and the fact that Ms. Laurenston can always make me laugh. This story has some really, really funny parts. I love that she nailed the way bears act. This is the first time that she has written about the bear shifters. We get to meet Mitch and Gwen’s mother. I am not sure what I would do with a mother like Roxy O’Neill.

Gwen O’Neill is a mixed breed shifter; part lion part tiger. We establish in this story that the mixed breeds can be a little on the insane side. Gwen is a
‘The Mane Squeeze’ is the fourth book in Shelly Laurenston’s ‘Pride’ series.

Gwen O’Neill is a ligon (tiger/lion hybrid) – she can turn her head 180, go ‘house cat’ on her enemies and generally take care of herself when anti-hybrid bullies want a piece. What Gwen hasn’t quite mastered is her smothering family. Her promiscuous and hot-to-trot mother, ‘Roxy’ O’ Neill. Her half-brother, Mitchell Shaw and the half-brother of her half-brother, Brendan Shaw. All of these people who make up her ‘pride’
Ok so I am now pretty sure that every single Pride book I read will become my favourite. I always think at the end of a book that it can't possibly get any better than that. I'm not sure how Shelly does it but every book is even better than the last one and this was no exception.

The Mane Squeeze is my favourite book by a mile and Lock has been the most amazing hero to date. He is unlike any of the others. He is very shy, quiet and has a low self esteem. He isn't confident or arrogant like the
Shannon C.
I LOVE THIS BOOK!!!!!! I just reread it and had forgotten how much I loved it the first time around.

It is a terrific, light hearted read with lots of humor throughout. I loved the crazy stuff that happens as well as the main characters Lock and Gwen. The story was fast paced and made the book hard to put down. Laurenston does a great job with world building around what it's like to live in shapeshifter society, their politics, etc. She's incredibly creative coming up with ideas for her storylin
I can't believe i have waited this long to read these books. Granted Laurenston is not the best storyteller but she is funny as hell. The characters she creates are people I would actually want to hangout with. At the top of the list is Lock. That bear is the cutest and sexiest of the men in this series so far (Sorry Mitch. You've been bumped to #2). Lock was adorable and Gwen grew on me. I hate when Laurenston creates female characters that are mean and spiteful just because they can be. Being ...more
Love 9 48 Jan 22, 2014 12:26PM
  • Last Dragon Standing (Dragon Kin, #4)
  • Steel Beauty (Halle Pumas, #4)
  • Sun, Sand, Sex (includes: The Long Island Coven, #1)
  • Swan and the Bear (Furry United Coalition, #2)
  • Mary and the Bear (True Mates, #2)
  • Hostage to Pleasure (Psy-Changeling #5)
  • Revelation (de La Vega Cats, #2)
  • Wolf Games (Granite Lake Wolves, #3)
  • Midnight's Master (Midnight, #3)
Originally from Long Island, New York, Shelly Laurenston has resigned herself to West Coast living which involves healthy food, mostly sunny days, and lots of guys not wearing shirts when they really should be. Shelly Laurenston is also The New York Times Bestselling author G.A. Aiken, creator of the Dragon Kin series. For more info on G.A.'s dangerously and arrogantly sexy dragons, check out her ...more
More about Shelly Laurenston...

Pride (10 books)
  • The Mane Event (Pride, #1)
  • The Beast in Him (Pride, #2)
  • The Mane Attraction (Pride, #3)
  • Beast Behaving Badly (Pride, #5)
  • Big Bad Beast (Pride, #6)
  • Bear Meets Girl (Pride, #7)
  • Wolf with Benefits (Pride, #8)
  • Bite Me (Pride, #9)
  • Shelly Laurenston Bundle: The Beast in Him, The Mane Event, Big Bad Beast, Bear Meets Girl

“Sissy Mae Smith...stumbled into the room loaded down with even more bags. "You pack like a woman," she snarled when she finally dropped the luggage to the floor. "How can one man have so much conditioner?"

His mouth filled with French toast, Mitch pointed at his hair and snarled, "Tawny mane! Do you think this shit stays this beautiful on its own? It needs care and love! Which is more than I'm getting from you!”
“Blayne turned her head to look at Gwen, but caught sight of Dee-Ann standing behind them.

"Ahh! Where the hell did you come from?"

"Momma says from the love she shares with my daddy," Dee calmly replied.”