Start by marking “Cut to the Corpse (A Decoupage Mystery, #2)” as Want to Read:
Cut to the Corpse (A Decoupage Mystery, #2)
Preview

Cut to the Corpse (A Decoupage Mystery #2)

3.9 of 5 stars 3.90  ·  rating details  ·  231 ratings  ·  27 reviews
A sticky situation in the second Decoupage mystery.

Decoupage teacher Brenna Miller is in over her head when she finds bride-to-be Tara with her fiance's dead best friend-and Tara holding the murder weapon. It's up to Brenna to get to the truth before Tara's future turns to shreds.

Published April 6th 2010 by Berkley Prime Crime (first published March 31st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Cut to the Corpse, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cut to the Corpse

Connie
I like Brenna and the trouble she keeps finding herself in when murders are happening in her small town. Brenna Miller is a very well written and likable character, her dilemmas over having two very handsome guys chasing her and trying to track down the murder of local bad boy "Clue", whom she found in the bed of fiancé Tara Montgomery who is supposed to be marrying Jake Haywood, Clue's best friend! Brenna as usual does her crime sleuthing with best friend Tenley and before she can discover who ...more
LORI CASWELL
Second in the Series

ISBN-10: 0425233898
ISBN-13: 978-0425233894

In the second book of the series, Brenna is starting to feel more at home in Morse Point and she is starting to hear more of the local gossip. She has never found gossip appealing but in this town it's best to know who's doing what with who or what's happening to someone well before you end up in the middle of the gossip yourself.

The latest gossip is that wealthy Tara Montgomery is engaged to Jake Haywood, the local mechanic. Tara's m
Kayleen
I jumped into this series at #2. Although at moments I had the understandable feeling of having walked in partway through a conversation, by the end of the book I felt I had enough information that I was caught up with the series.

Unfortunately I loved the characters and disliked the sleuthing. If I hated both I could walk away from the series. Now I'll annoy myself with another one.

Semi-Spoiler: The bride-to-be is found in bed the morning after her batchelorette party, laying next to a dead bo
Hannah
Cut to the Corpse is a great follow-up to Stuck on Murder. Morse Point and its residents are by now starting to feel like old, familiar friends, the love triangle kicks up a notch, and Brenna builds on her newfound strength from the previous book to become a really likeable heroine with spunk in spades. If there's one thing I had to complain about, it's the fact that the murder mystery isn't as well-paced.

It had all the promise of being an interesting mystery with plenty for Brenna to stick her
Patti
Nov 05, 2012 Patti rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: cozy mystery lovers
In this second Decoupage Mystery book Brenna once again finds herself in the middle of a murder.

When Bride-to be Tara doesn't show up to OK her wedding favors, Brenna decides to go to her home and get her. She knows that the bachelorette party was the night before and figures Tara overslept. What Brenna finds however is a nightmare. Tara is fast asleep in bed, alongside Clue, her fiance Jake's best friend. Even worse, Clue is dead and Tara is holding the murder weapon.

Tara can't remember what h
Michelle Randall
Book two of the Decoupage Mystery finds all the same residents of Morse Point, including a few new members.

Jake Haywood and Tara Montgomery have just gotten engaged and somehow Brenna and Tenley have become friends of the bride-to-be. One night the girls head out for a bachorette party with some of Tara's friends, and although Tenley and Brenna go home early, the night gets wild. Brenna has to pick up Tara the next morning to met with tara's mom only to find Tara in bed with Jake's best friend C
Lisa Shafer
The main character was pretty believable, as was her BFF. But the rest just didn't work. We have a high society girl who acts like a bashful country girl out of a 1950s school book -- who even refers to the fact she might have been raped as "any action down there." Uh, right. This girl, for no reason ever given in the book, is suddenly living in a small town and is getting married to a local mechanic with whom she has nothing in common, but which romance is touted as sigh-worthy. Sure. No proble ...more
Kimberly
Team Dom! <p>I didn't think the murderer was the murderer. When it was found out who the murderer was, it was kind of scary because stuff like that happens for real. Maybe not to that extreme, but it's not unlikely that people are killed for those reasons. Because of all of that, I felt sad for all involved.</p>
<p></p>
<p>I like all the characters in the book. They all seem to serve a purpose. Even the twins who can be a tad bit annoying, but I think that's the point
Grey853
Decoupage teacher Brenna Miller is happy for the young bride who wants her to make the favors for her wedding. However, when the girl is suspected of murder, Brenna sets out to investigate because she doesn't believe for a second that Tara is guilty.

This is nothing but fluff. The actual mystery was hardly there. You know almost from the beginning who the real culprit is. There's hardly any believable parts of Brenna's snooping activities.

I did like the parts about the dog, but all her longing fo
Jennifer Brown
Cute, cozy mystery! Second book in the Decoupage Series with a more simple outcome than the first. I love the small town life and how easily people help one another out. I would love close friends like this after a short period. The characters are loveable and I didn't quite guess who the killer was because I liked the character the author chose. Then you put a little twist in the end and realize it was something happening over time. I don't know if I was just out of it while reading this book o ...more
Johanna
This is such a cute series. I really like it. The book just flows and I did not want to stop reading.
Trine
The latest installment in the decoupage mystery series is yet another intriguing mystery as well as a thought-provoking read on the topics of friendships, family and heritage.

For readers interested in the art of decoupage there's plenty of information on this particular craft throughout the book.

This reader is already looking forward to the next book in the series.
Christina
More like 4 1/2 stars. The ending was kind of a let down to me.
Sandybear76
Brenna's new friend Tara invites Brenna and Tenley to Tara's bachelorette party. Brenna gets a surprise in the morning when she arrives to pick up Tara for class.

a hobby mystery- decoupage
Jeannie and Louis Rigod
A very nice cozy which makes me want to go back and read the first in the series, as well as, pre-order her next book! If you enjoy crafting mysteries, this is a winner!
Eileen
I really liked this mystery. It is the second book in the series of three and I enjoy the characters
and how Brenna gets involved again in solving the murders.
Laura Rodd
Another rainy day in upstate NY so another light read to make an ugly day a little bit more entertaining. Fun, light read.
Vera
Brenna Miller gets pulled into a murder concerning a forthcoming wedding. She has to investigate. (Of course.) Good read.
Kitty Tomlinson
Brenna helps clear Tara of a murder charge when she is found in bed with the dead best man for her wedding. Fun read.
Heidi
Book 2 was better than the first - figured it out a bit later. I like the competition between Nate and Dom...
Carol Rosenthal
This is a good "cosy" mystery. The murderer was kind of a surprise and the characters were likable.
Fred
Good stories in the first two books and interesting characters.
Debbie
What a great, great book!! FUNNY! you will love it!! ...more
ChrisGA
This is enjoyable cozy mystery with likeable characters.
Mascanlon
I am a craft cozy junkie, this is a new series.
Another great Jenn McKinlay read!
Molly Cline
Molly Cline marked it as to-read
Apr 21, 2015
Linda
Linda marked it as to-read
Apr 15, 2015
Shellii Huff
Shellii Huff marked it as to-read
Apr 12, 2015
  • Death Threads (A Southern Sewing Circle, #2)
  • Lead-Pipe Cinch (A Georgiana Neverall Mystery #2)
  • Tressed to Kill
  • The Diva Paints the Town (A Domestic Diva Mystery, #3)
  • Preaching to the Corpse (Advice Column Mystery, #2)
  • The Bone Fire (Gil Montoya Mystery #2)
  • Scoop to Kill (A Mystery a La Mode, #2)
  • Glossed and Found (A Bath and Body Mystery, #3)
  • Last Writes (Forensic Handwriting Mystery, #4)
  • The Proof is in the Pudding (A Della Cooks Mystery #3)
  • Silent Auction (A Josie Prescott Antiques Mystery #5)
  • Stitch Me Deadly (An Embroidery Mystery, #2)
  • Guise & Dolls (Gretchen Birch, #4)
  • Brush With Death (An Art Lover's Mystery, #3)
  • Red Delicious Death (Orchard, #3)
  • Ocean Waves (A Quilting Mystery, #3)
  • Foul Play at the PTA  (Beth Kennedy #2)
  • Farm Fresh Murder (A Farmers' Market Mystery, #1)
Lucy Lawrence is a pen name for Jenn McKinlay.

Lucy Lawrence (a pseudonym for Jenn McKinlay) took her first decoupage class when she was twelve years old. Since then, cutting and pasting have become a way of life. With two small children at home, she finds decoupage a fun craft as well as a very handy tool, especially when used to cover up doodles made in permanent marker on otherwise lovely furnit
More about Lucy Lawrence...

A Decoupage Mystery (3 books)
  • Stuck on Murder (A Decoupage Mystery, #1)
  • Sealed with a Kill (A Decoupage Mystery, #3)
Stuck on Murder (A Decoupage Mystery, #1) Sealed with a Kill (A Decoupage Mystery, #3) The Boy Who Cried Wolf Too Many Clothes Buffy (Welcome to My World/Literacy 2000 Stage 1)