Start by marking “Warrior Training - the making of an Australian SAS Soldier” as Want to Read:
Warrior Training - the making of an Australian SAS Soldier

Warrior Training - the making of an Australian SAS Soldier

Published 2009 by Random House

Be the first to ask a question about Warrior Training - the making of an Australian SAS Soldier

A.B. Gayle
Jan 13, 2013 A.B. Gayle rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction, shelf-23
NOTE: There is a Kindle edition that contains both this and the one he wrote of his actual experiences in the SASR.

I came across this book while conducting research for my current WIP "Truth+Lies" which will feature an ex-SAS guy and a guy who claims to be.

There is apparently an unwritten rule in the Australian SAS not to write books about their exploits. In fact, some say they don't even tell anyone except their immediate family that they are a part of the elite unit, preferring to be vague abo
Olwen
Oct 05, 2016 Olwen rated it it was amazing
Gave this five stars because it's simply an amazing read. The author writes well about his journey towards being a member of the SAS regiment, and what the selection trials are like. How well they select only the strongest, most enduring and deep thinking soldiers who can operate alone and step into leadership too when required.

I found it an inspiring read too, compelling me to try harder and never give up on my ambitions.
Nicua
Aug 09, 2013 Nicua rated it really liked it
I found this book very hard to put down. It is the personal account of a Special Forces soldier in Australia. This is his story of his preparation, training and drive to becoming an elite soldier. Mr. Fennel recounts his memories and shares the amazing journey he made. The amount of mental and physical strength as well as motivation and belief in self is astounding and reading about the lengths and depths these men go to is truly astounding. A well written, entertaining and highly informative re ...more
Evan
Nov 26, 2009 Evan rated it really liked it
This book provides a great insight into what Keith had to endure to be accepted into the SAS, which blows you away. You also obtain a broader appreciation for his purpose and drive in life as he shares some of his travels and adventures. Keith has clearly written this book to help him progress to a new life.
Susan
Jan 06, 2010 Susan rated it really liked it
This book made me realise how much more that we can do physically and mentally in every day life. We all have a greater capability but don't use it to our full potential every day. Keith's story inspired me.
Kim Wilson
Jan 02, 2014 Kim Wilson rated it it was amazing
I love Keith's writing style, he might as well be sitting next to you at the bar telling you the story. His descriptions of some of the guys that I have personally met are just spot on. Great story telling and a realistic interpretation of just how hard the training schedule is.
Nicole
Nov 04, 2009 Nicole rated it it was amazing
I could not put this book down. I am in awe of the physical strength and determination of SAS Soldiers and the book inspired and motivated me mentally. This book is even better than Fennell's first book - Warrior Brothers. I recommend it to anyone, not just those interested in war.
Wendy
Jan 11, 2011 Wendy rated it it was amazing
This book is thought provoking and left me awestruck! The mental and physical strength of these men are extraordinary! It's a great read, and I highly recommend it :)
John
John rated it liked it
Oct 22, 2014
Garrick Flynn
Garrick Flynn rated it it was amazing
Jan 14, 2013
Dane Mccormack
Dane Mccormack rated it it was amazing
May 09, 2015
Amy
Amy rated it it was amazing
Mar 22, 2016
Tanya
Tanya rated it did not like it
Oct 05, 2016
Lorna Mccabe
Lorna Mccabe rated it really liked it
Jan 13, 2012
Karl Mayfield
Karl Mayfield rated it it was amazing
Mar 29, 2015
Kevin
Kevin rated it it was amazing
May 07, 2013
Mike
Mike rated it it was amazing
Jul 09, 2014
Timfairley
Timfairley rated it it was amazing
Apr 03, 2014
Nigel Barr
Nigel Barr rated it it was amazing
Nov 29, 2016
Paul Pearson
Paul Pearson rated it really liked it
Mar 12, 2012
Paul
Paul rated it really liked it
Jul 28, 2014
Paul Hampton
Paul Hampton rated it it was amazing
Jan 09, 2014
Chelle Clark
Chelle Clark rated it liked it
Nov 20, 2016
Brenda
Brenda rated it it was amazing
Jul 27, 2010
Kel
Kel rated it liked it
Feb 02, 2013
Rita
Rita rated it liked it
Apr 10, 2013
Jess Anastasi
Jess Anastasi rated it really liked it
Jan 29, 2017
Marcus
Marcus rated it really liked it
Feb 26, 2014
Aidan
Aidan rated it really liked it
Apr 01, 2012