Start by marking “Warrior Training - the making of an Australian SAS Soldier” as Want to Read:
Warrior Training - the making of an Australian SAS Soldier

Warrior Training - the making of an Australian SAS Soldier

4.25 of 5 stars 4.25  ·  rating details  ·  77 ratings  ·  11 reviews
Published 2009 by Random House

Be the first to ask a question about Warrior Training - the making of an Australian SAS Soldier

A.B. Gayle
NOTE: There is a Kindle edition that contains both this and the one he wrote of his actual experiences in the SASR.

I came across this book while conducting research for my current WIP "Truth+Lies" which will feature an ex-SAS guy and a guy who claims to be.

There is apparently an unwritten rule in the Australian SAS not to write books about their exploits. In fact, some say they don't even tell anyone except their immediate family that they are a part of the elite unit, preferring to be vague abo
Jill
'Who Dares Wins' is the motto of the Special Air Service Regiment or the Australian SAS. 'Warrior Training' by Keith Fennell, former SAS soldier, has written an account of his training and work in the SAS. This book is for anyone interested in what it takes physically, mentally and emotionally to join one of the toughest and most respected special ops units in the world and how these men truly live up to their motto.

Written in a highly entertaining, laid-back style it is much like, I suspect, th
Patt
Absolutely amazing book
Nicua
I found this book very hard to put down. It is the personal account of a Special Forces soldier in Australia. This is his story of his preparation, training and drive to becoming an elite soldier. Mr. Fennel recounts his memories and shares the amazing journey he made. The amount of mental and physical strength as well as motivation and belief in self is astounding and reading about the lengths and depths these men go to is truly astounding. A well written, entertaining and highly informative re ...more
Kim Wilson
I love Keith's writing style, he might as well be sitting next to you at the bar telling you the story. His descriptions of some of the guys that I have personally met are just spot on. Great story telling and a realistic interpretation of just how hard the training schedule is.
Evan
This book provides a great insight into what Keith had to endure to be accepted into the SAS, which blows you away. You also obtain a broader appreciation for his purpose and drive in life as he shares some of his travels and adventures. Keith has clearly written this book to help him progress to a new life.
Nicole
I could not put this book down. I am in awe of the physical strength and determination of SAS Soldiers and the book inspired and motivated me mentally. This book is even better than Fennell's first book - Warrior Brothers. I recommend it to anyone, not just those interested in war.
Susan
This book made me realise how much more that we can do physically and mentally in every day life. We all have a greater capability but don't use it to our full potential every day. Keith's story inspired me.
Wendy
This book is thought provoking and left me awestruck! The mental and physical strength of these men are extraordinary! It's a great read, and I highly recommend it :)
AJ
Good book, gives a great insight to the mind of an Australian SAS soldier during selection.
Matt

Interesting.. Not bad.
Oleg Sergeev
Oleg Sergeev marked it as to-read
May 27, 2015
George Papa
George Papa marked it as to-read
May 12, 2015
Ho Yin
Ho Yin is currently reading it
May 09, 2015
Brooke
Brooke added it
Apr 28, 2015
Tom72022
Tom72022 marked it as to-read
Feb 09, 2015
Sarah Ward
Sarah Ward marked it as to-read
Jan 25, 2015
Mfenech
Mfenech marked it as to-read
Jan 09, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Warrior Brothers - My Life In the Australian SAS Warrior Brothers: My Life in the Australian SAS Warrior Man Test