Start by marking “High School Bites” as Want to Read:
High School Bites

High School Bites

3.62 of 5 stars 3.62  ·  rating details  ·  462 ratings  ·  29 reviews
Meet Lucy - a teenager who's about to get an ""A"" in fighting vampires Lucy Hellenberg is not your typical Pacific Cedar High student. Because in between hanging out with her friends, hating her hair and her math teacher, and trying to decide whether she should dump her on-again off-again boyfriend, she has to deal with a father who refuses to go outside and a house that ...more
Published January 3rd 2006 by New American Library

To ask other readers questions about High School Bites, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about High School Bites

Sara
It was a nice book, but I admit I thought it would be better.
The story was original and good, but there was something missing. The fact is that I couldn't relate much with the character of Lucy. I just couldn't feel how Lucy felt. Her story with Vic was short (at least in the book) and we didn't get to like them as a couple. But then when Christopher arrives, it's all so rushed and I don't feel how they feel. It's like reading of someone falling in love at first sight but with no emotion there.
Jennifer Wardrip
Reviewed by Me for TeensReadToo.com

Lucy Hellenberg lives a somewhat a-typical high school life. Her sixteenth birthday is approaching, but she's not too concerned with it. What bothers her is her father's inability to leave their house, a place that bears a strong resemblance to the one the Munsters of television fame lived in. She worries about whether or not Vic, her sometime-boyfriend, will ask her to the Homecoming Dance. She wonders if she'll ever survive algebra with a teacher like Mrs. Ru
I have to admit this is the first book where things just really didn't add up for me.... I mean usually I read books and I pick really good ones and they turned out great but this one it was good but there were some things in the story that does baffled me. The first thing is when Lucy is asked to go out with Vic and she finds out he's a vampire why would she still go out with him when she finally learned about his past the thing everyone would do is run away that didn't make sense another thing ...more
Jan
Having learned on her sixteenth birthday that it is her destiny to fight Count Dracula (alive, sort of, in Seattle), Lucy tries to save herself and her friends while wondering whether the boy of her dreams is one of the living dead. I really enjoyed this take on the story of Dracula. Anyone who loves the Count or Buffy should check out this funny bit of Young Adult Chick Lit.
Deanna
Although I usually don't enjoy vampire books, I actually liked this one. In the beginning it seemed like one of those superficial books that is fun to read, but doesn't affect the reader to a deeper level, however towards the end, the book takes an unexpected twist. It teaches you that there is nothing in this world as important as family and friends.
Hong Deng
Oct 12, 2007 Hong Deng rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: my friends

This book is a really interesting story based on a myth about vampire. Lucy Hellenberg is the main character who discovered her identity as a girl who inherited her mother, grand mother and great grand mother's gene as a fighter against vampire Dracula. If you want to find out more about whether or not she defeated the vampire, read this book!!
Hello Kitty
Julie
This showed a lot of things I thought was missing from Vampire books. Vampires are EVIL, the are not the 'oh sparkle' thing that has now plauged the vampires of current authors, and it makes Vampies go into WOLF form. that is awesome. WOLF, not bat but a wolf. that's how I write vampires. I loved it, I hope Conrad writes more
Svitlana
Nov 05, 2008 Svitlana rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone
Recommended to Svitlana by: My friend
Imagine yourself being a teenager turning 16 who has to fight Daracula?!!!!! I loved the book, because it shows all the stuff teenager is going through and the conclusion she takes. Your dreams serve as a trap into the vampire's kingdom? Read this awesome book to know the end....
Tabitha Murray
This sounds like soooo much fun.I wish that our school was like this.^_^ This book is about a girl named lucy who goes to a high school where vampires attend as well as vampires and she must overcome Dracula in the long run after her sixteenth birthday.
Erin
Nov 06, 2007 Erin rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: 11-12 girls whose big sisters are reading eclipse
Shelves: paranormal, tween
very light vampire fiction, bad teen voice but enough indicators to amuse the 11-12 set, no cussing (she actually spells B-word), or bloody violence, good girls win but a little bit of drama and dress shopping in the middle.
Kacie
This book was super slow and very cliche. Easy plot and characters. It was an easy read, but I definately wouldn't recommend it nor would I ever read it again. Waste of time.
McKenna
Im so done with vampire books right now but this was very differrent from twilight etc. That i could handle it i actually like how it was based on the book dracula.
Hayden
A book set in Seattle, written by someone who has obviously never been here. One of the characters has a peaceful cabin in what seems to be the center of downtown.
Diana S
"Lucy" the Vampire Hunter! "You Go, Girl"! What a fun-version on Dracula and Bram Stoker. I give this book 3.5 stars***!
Cute. This is about the descendants of the original Lucy, Mina and Dracula set in a Seattle high school. Quick, fast, fun read.
Victoria
Apr 18, 2009 Victoria rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Victoria by: Me
Really good ending. Hope she makes another book, sequal to this. I want to know what happens in the future. Good!!!
Ruth Violet
awesome book. too bad it was made into a series. loved all the characters. very well written. a definite fav.
 R♥ A♥ I♥ N♥ B♥ O♥ W♥ Z!
Mar 23, 2008 R♥ A♥ I♥ N♥ B♥ O♥ W♥ Z! rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Alyssa and Caitie-Lynn
Recommended to R♥ A♥ I♥ N♥ B♥ O♥ W♥ Z! by: The Vampire Man (Ooops, don't tell him i told you his name!)
Shelves: just-read-this
I ONLY LIKE THE PARTS WHERE THE VAMPIRES COME IN!!

YEAH, GO VAMPIRES!
Linda
I say "set in Seattle" very loosely. Doesn't pass my Seattle truthiness test.
Caitlinleah
i don't do vampire books. this was a good one, but still. i'm not interested.
Sep 21, 2008 Sarah rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: people who need a book to read
i liked it alot it was a really fun book it's a one day read though
Shahad AlHammad
Nov 02, 2011 Shahad AlHammad rated it 1 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: No one
Cheesy and lame. Would never want to read ever again.
Laela
So predictable, don't waste your time.
Avi
Avi marked it as to-read
Dec 20, 2014
  • Got Fangs? (Ben and Fran, #1)
  • The Good Ghouls' Guide to Getting Even (Beth Frasier #1)
  • Never Bite a Boy on the First Date
  • Braced to Bite (Half-Blood Vampires, #1)
  • Vamped (Vamped, #1)
  • Love Sucks! (Bite Me, #2)
  • The Vampire is Just Not That Into You
  • Still Sucks to Be Me: More All-True Confessions of Mina Hamilton Smith, Teen Vampire (Sucks to Be Me, #2)
  • Vampire High
  • Demon Envy (Kenzie Sutcliffe, #1)
  • Fangs But No Fangs (Young Brothers, #2)
  • Voice of the Undead (Alex Van Helsing #2)
  • Sweetblood
  • Vamps (Vamps, #1)
  • Girls That Growl (Blood Coven Vampire, #3)
  • The Braddock Boys: Colton (Braddock Boys, #4) (Love At First Bite, #7)
  • Bloodline (Bloodline, #1)
  • Must Love Black
Rock My World: A Novel of Thongs, Spandex, and Love in G Minor The Poker Diaries