Start by marking “Blackmailed Bride, Inexperienced Wife (Innocent Wives #3)” as Want to Read:
Blackmailed Bride, Inexperienced Wife (Innocent Wives #3)

Blackmailed Bride, Inexperienced Wife (Innocent Wives #3)

3.66  ·  Rating Details  ·  320 Ratings  ·  22 Reviews
Hard-hearted magnate Dario Parisi will reclaim his stolen birthright--even if it means forcing the granddaughter of his family's sworn enemy to marry him.Alissa Scott is certainly not the biddable wife Dario wanted--yet he's consumed by red-hot desire for his unwilling bride. So when she tries to change the rules, he demands she honor all her vows. Finally he has exactly t ...more
Paperback, Harlequin Presents Extra, #83, 187 pages
Published December 1st 2009 by Harlequin (first published January 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Blackmailed Bride, Inexperienced Wife, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Blackmailed Bride, Inexperienced Wife

Alicia (is beyond tired of your *ish)
If I could give zero stars this would get Zero. Fucking. Stars.

There's going to be a lot of cursing and spoilers. Beware.

This book right here is everything I fucking hate about Presents and much more. I mostly skimmed the entire thing. Within the first few pages I hated the "hero" Dario Parisi. I wanted to commit violence unto him. Alissa Scott I didn't have as much of a problem with at the start, but at a certain point it turned and I wanted both of them to die a fiery death.

Dario Parisi was a
 Danielle The Book Huntress (Self-Proclaimed Book Ninja)
Dario and Alissa have both suffered in their lives. Dario lost all the family he ever had, and vowed to get back his family's property, which was swindled away from his family. His complete focus was on becoming a powerful, rich man who no one crossed, living up to the Parisi name. Alissa strived to be dependent to no man, and to see that her younger sister was happy and well. These personal vows lead them to be absolutely driven in their lives.
Their paths intersect through Alissa's grandfather
Jenny
Jun 29, 2013 Jenny rated it it was amazing
I decided to give this a try even though I am not a fan of this author and I am so glad I did. What an amazing story. I adored Dario and Alissa. Dario was an alpha hero all the way, ruthless and harsh but still vulnerable. They don't make them like this anymore. He was cruel with Alissa at first but I liked how hurt and insecure he felt when she left him and how he renounced the birthright/castle he desired so much. Alissa was a survivor. She suffered so much abuse, she did everything to save he ...more
Emona de Souza
Jul 19, 2016 Emona de Souza rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Emona by: Fanniny Moreno Zavaleta
Shelves: favourites
Intense emotions, fiery passions, and ardent chemistry;
virgin heroine, dark alpha hero.........this one's surely a favourite.
Dario vowed to get back what was his, even if that meant marrying his enemy.
His family died, because of the Mangano family, and ever since revenge and hate was in his blood.
Alissa, vowed never to marry the man, whom she thought was as controlling as her grandfather.
Alissa's grandfather abused both her and her younger sister Donna; and ever since Alissa never expressed her
Leona
Mar 16, 2012 Leona rated it really liked it
Shelves: hqn-presents
I really enjoyed reading this book...Annie West is one of my favorite HP authors because she genuinely writes some spectacular female heroines. Heroines who are ready and capable of taking on the world and their men. This story is another forced marriage plot. Yet the author makes it fresh, exciting with unexpected twists and turns. I also like that she leads you through their dance of getting to know each other and peels away the misconceptions. Each page they draw one step closer to falling in ...more
KatieV
Several tried and true tropes done well.

A stipulation in the will of Alissa's evil Sicilian grandfather means she will not inherit his estate in Sicily unless she married within a certain amount of time and remain married for six months. The twist is, she doesn't care about the estate. After her grandfather's abuse she has no intention of putting herself under the power of a man. Then her sister gets sick and needs money for treatment and Alissa will do anything to save her younger sis. She has
Jacqueline
I liked this one the whole. There was plenty of hard headed hero asshatery. Plenty of the heroine keeping secrets. A nice blackmailed into marriage plot. Oh if only those old men wouldn't feud about possession of an old castle/vineyard/island/whatever so that the young 'uns didn't have to marry up to get them back in the right family...

This might have been a 4 star read but I felt the misunderstandings a the end were a little too contrived.

I am liking Annie West. She seems the closest to the vin
Tonya Warner
Apr 06, 2013 Tonya Warner rated it really liked it
Dario finally has the last of his family's lost legacy within his grasp. All he has to do is marry the conniving granddaughter of his enemy. Alissa was not what he considered worthy of being a permanent Parisi wife, but he found she definately stirred his blood.

Alissa would do anything to save her sying sister. Marrying Dario is not anything she wanted, but was the only way to get the inheritance she needed.

A fast paced, romantic story.
Booklover
Wonderful Emotional Intense story,adored Dario-Alissa both are courageous,warm and strong persons,though they had a rocky start cause of the misunderstandings but as it is cleared Dario regrets his action and tries to make it upto Alissa.Both heal each other from their past and have their HEA.

Overall a good read
Recommend it
Paula Legate
Jun 16, 2015 Paula Legate rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book. The emotions were intense. The story line reminded me of fire, and ice. The emotions were raging, and it was a toss up to see what emotion won out. Alissa, and Dario thought they knew the other. The assumption they had about one another was so far from the truth. They didn't trust each other, but at the same time chemistry was pulling together.
Dario thought Alissa was a spoiled rich kid. She was raised by her grandfather. Her grandfather owned the castle that should
Onu
I really liked this one a lot. Loved the beginning, specially the hero Dario Parisi contrives to marry Alissa Scott. :D Annie West's books never disappoint me.
Roub
Nov 03, 2015 Roub rated it it was ok
too much introspection ruined the book for me. i wanted more interaction, more dialogue. the plot (hero mistaking heroine for a bad girl, yet can't help but lust after her, even believing she had been wid so many other men, had been in drugs and all dat) is really one dat i usually enjoy and love. however this one bored me and i had to skip pages to finish it.
Maria
Jan 18, 2016 Maria rated it it was ok
I finished this book because sometimes I just can't help myself. Because of something he experienced with his father he treated her like crap when she never gave him any reason. She was too good for him hands down.
Cathy
Mar 29, 2013 Cathy rated it did not like it
wtf did I just read?
Sherry Ewy
Jul 25, 2016 Sherry Ewy rated it it was ok
Incredibly typical hero, and incredibly typical heroine for harlequin. No need for spoilers because you already know that all misunderstands are miraculously cleared at the HEA
Janie
Rating: 3 stars?

I know I've read it, I recognise the cover, I recognise the plot (kinda) and I have the file, but I can't for the life of me remember if I liked it or not.
Diana
Jan 11, 2016 Diana rated it really liked it
Shelves: fiction
3.7
linny
Sep 24, 2013 linny rated it it was ok
Your typical harlequin book, laughably bad at times (I actually cackled when the male protagonist was described as "very, very male" and earlier, when the main character's vag is "the entrance to paradise) yet somehow I couldn't put this awful book down. Good if you need something mindless, predictable, and non-convoluted, which was just what I was looking for.
Courtney
Oct 21, 2012 Courtney rated it really liked it
A really good book. I like how shes not totally sumbmissive to him, but she knows when to let her feelings take over. Shes the first women in aby harlequin novel i have read to stand up to the male role. Its full of emotions and keeps you on edge. Def recommend
Jemi Fraser
Fun story! The characters sure have lots of baggage to deal with and it's a lot of fun watching how the author weaves the story together!
Tawnya
Jun 08, 2013 Tawnya rated it really liked it
One of the best "Blackmailed" brides stories I've read.
Juniebgood
Mou
Mou rated it liked it
Aug 22, 2016
Flora Ekeng
Flora Ekeng marked it as to-read
Aug 19, 2016
Shayla
Shayla marked it as to-read
Aug 17, 2016
Lyndah
Lyndah marked it as to-read
Phoung Pich
Phoung Pich marked it as to-read
Alina Valentine
Alina Valentine marked it as to-read
Betty
Betty marked it as to-read
Aug 10, 2016
  • The Millionaire's Marriage
  • The Bride Thief
  • Ruthlessly Bedded, Forcibly Wedded (Innocent Wives #2)
  • Public Wife, Private Mistress (Italian Husbands)
  • Bought for Marriage
  • The Veranchetti Marriage
  • The Billionaire's Blackmailed Bride (Red-Hot Revenge) (Harlequin Presents, #2733)
  • Strangers in the Desert
  • The Scorsolini Marriage Bargain (Royal Brides, #5; Scorsolini Princes, #3)
  • Marriage: For Business or Pleasure? (Harlequin Presents, #2898)
  • The Sheikh's Chosen Queen (Desert Kings, #1)
  • No More Sweet Surrender
  • One Last Night
  • Pregnant by the Greek Tycoon
  • Lelaki Dalam Ingatan

USA Today Bestselling author Annie West loves writing passionate, intense love stories. She has devoted her life to an in depth study of tall, dark, charismatic heroes who cause the best kind of trouble in the lives of their heroines. Creating heroines who are a perfect mat
More about Annie West...

Innocent Wives (5 books)
  • Powerful Greek, Unworldly Wife (Innocent Wives #1)
  • Ruthlessly Bedded, Forcibly Wedded (Innocent Wives #2)
  • The British Billionaire's Innocent Bride (Innocent Wives #4)
  • Innocent Wives Bundle