Eternity

Eternity (Montgomery/Taggart #9)

3.82 of 5 stars 3.82  ·  rating details  ·  2,993 ratings  ·  66 reviews
Carrie Montgomery had grown up with seven adoring older brothers, and she was used to getting her way rather easily. Joshua Greene was only looking for a hardworking, practical mail-order bride to help with the farm and feed and clothe his children. Yet from the moment Carrie saw his photograph, saw his devastatingly handsome, sorrowful smile, the petite and pampered beaut...more
Published February 1st 2004 by Pocket Books (first published 1992)

To ask other readers questions about Eternity, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Eternity

Chumchum_88
That was one of the most adorable books I have ever read!!!
The idea in the first place appealed to me, I always like the single parent thing, so its a huge bonus for the book.
its my first book for Jude Deveraux, and so far it left a great impression that why I'm gonna read the series from the very beginning.
At first I hated how Josh reacted to own lovely heroin, i really felt bad for her no women should be treated that way, but I liked the progress with the couple they were the cute kind.
Plus th...more
Norak Kamis
If I could finish a book within two days its really good. A great love story of a couple who hated each other and then slowly learn to love each other. A book that would leave you with a satisfying feeling.
Kelly
I am going to write the same thing for the Taggart and Montgomery series of Jude Deveraux. First, I can't believe that I read these books because they are so blatantly bodice rippers (not my style at all). And second, and more importantly, I devoured them all! Here is the scoop: We stopped at a friend's house in Tennessee on the last leg of one of our cross country trips about 11 years ago and I had run out of books. She gave me three of Deveraux's books in the Montgomery series and I kindly too...more
Linda
The storyline of this book was definitely interesting but when it reached the end, it lost the theme of the story and got unbelievable. The story is about Carrie Montgomery who decided that she wanted to marry a farmer who lived in Eternity, Colorado by proxy when the sent a picture of himself and his kids asking for a wife who could help him work his farm. She and her friends had started a group that found wives for men in the West but this picture made Carrie look into their eyes and feel in l...more
Red Austin
SUBLIME! This is indeed the kind of story that will make your day even more beautiful and lovelier! There's not one chapter that you'll not be able to laugh genuinely and hysterically. With Josh's children, Tem and Dallas, every chapter became merrier and merrier, every chapter became lovelier, every chapter became meaningful. Indeed, this is a kind of story that I'll certainly reread. The story made my day. Literally, made my day.

God Bless!
Regina
Just an okay read. Carrie was a little too Pollyanna for me. I really like mail order bride themes, but Carrie's "adjustment" to farm living by throwing her money at the townsfolk, although funny, was not believable. Josh's past was too secret throughout the story, but when it's revealed, ends up being too convenient. On the upside, all the characters that matter--Carrie, Josh, his children, Dallas and Tem--were enjoyable. 3 stars
Shantal (Book Nerds are Pretty Too)
I love Eternity! I read this novel in one sitting and wish it had been longer. The characters are so well-woven, so wonderfully well developed that I couldn't help but smile when the novel ended.The couple is passionate, the ending is a surprise.
Jodi
Aug 18, 2008 Jodi rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone
As usual, Jude Deveraux delivers another entertaining love story. The female love interest is adorable in her pursuit of love. The male love interest has been unwillingly swept off his feet! Great read.
Jamie
Disappointed by the ending, too quick and too cheesy...
So, I am trying to clean out all of the books my mom has given me over the years, or I've bought at yard sales, in an attempt to get rid of some and placate my husband who doesn't read and hates how much space they take up. With that in mind, I am currently in the romance section ;)
Characters were ok, but Carrie was not very believable. She was too...well, blonde. And Josh was, just far fetched. He was this hard working stubborn guy who was...more
Dahlia Mrd
Sweet and romantic is Jude's forte!
Christine
This was all right but definitely no where near Deveraux's best work (which is amazing). It was a smooth, easy read that moved me from cover to cover, but I can't say that I ever really liked Carrie. She was a spoiled little rich girl who set out to deceive Joshua and despite various attempts to make her into something more or to make that fact all right, she remained a spoiled little rich girl throughout the book. It really annoys me when rich people go on about how money doesn't matter, only l...more
Ennairaa
I think this is the latest one i've read. I havent gotten my hands on her new releases. I've been a fan since high school, and on for my 14th birthday my bestfriend gave me a jude deveraux book entitled "Someone Tp love" And i fell in love with her writing style and with her. Ever since then I've been collecting her works :p anyway, about this book. It's not a knight in shinning armor kind of book, or the velvet series (which is my favorite btw, raine to be exact :p ) but this book is very light...more
Jeni
This author continually surprises me. This book was a wonderfully, sometimes funny, fast read with some unexpected twists about mail order brides & in particular a very plucky woman despite having been brought up with money & often being spoiled by her brothers & father. What a delightful read!
Stephanie Tobe
Good story

Loved Ms Deveraux books and this one was also a winner. I will read this story again it was just that good.
Diah Didi
My very first of Jude Deveraux. Why did I pick it? Cause it's a mail-ordered-bride theme. And I really don't mind if Josh has two kids already.
I didn't really like Carrie actually, for being so self-centered but she had guts, and a quick mind, I must confess. I did like Josh and Tem and Dallas. All my love for them... As for Josh, what I liked best from him was that he's not as intimidating as other heroes from most novels I've read.
And to know what secret Josh held, no wonder he was such a te...more
Floyce Young-kirkpatrick
Love this book. Have read it over and over
Robin
Since I had just finished one Jude Deveraux, I figured I'd try another that was sitting on my shelf. And, lo and behold-- it featured another Montgomery, but this one in 1865 in the wild West. I didn't enjoy it as much as Knight-- the characters in this one didn't have nearly the depth and the story was not nearly as solid. But it was fun and fast. Curious about other Montgomery books, I checked online and found a Montgomery Family Tree. My good heavens, it is extensive! I might have to pick up...more
Lucimar
História boa, personagens idem, porém não gostei do final, muito repentino, deixando a desejar e que não correspondeu com o desenvolvimento da trama, tornando insosso.
Moira
More Montgomery madness! Carrie is the beloved baby sister of the family and there is no reason her journey to the alter should be any easier than that of her brothers. I'd love to see the children act, Tem and Dallas were my favorite part of the story. That and Carrie literally cutting an unbecoming dress off someone rather than let them walk out looking less than their best. What ever happened to shop keepers who CARE??
Codi Gary
Again, such a wonderful story and cast of characters! Josh and Carrie have a lot of chemistry and Dallas and Timmy steal the show with their crazy antics! So many momments that are so touching and make you smile.My favorite line is from Dallas; "I told you Carrie would want the big bed to herself." Not an exact quote but it still makes me chuckle...
Meddi
hmmmm...more like 3½ stars..
Pamela(AllHoney)
The 9th book of the Montgomery series and this is set in the American West. Carrie Montgomery is a mail-order bride but not used to the hard work her groom, Joshua Greene, expects of her. But she is stronger than she looks, maybe.

I have a preference for Ms Deveraux' medieval romances but this was not bad.
Victoria
Sweet historical romance about a spunky girl and a man with secrets. A mail-order bridestory set in the 1860's. Very quick read. Reminds me of "The Endearment" by LaVyrle Spencer, in fact I thought they were written by the same author before I wrote this review.
Tiffany
THIS WAS A EXCELLENT NOVEL. A WONDERFUL LOVE STORY BETWEEN RICH GIRL CARRIE MONTGOMERY AND FARMER AND WIDOWER JOSHUA GREENE. HE WANTED A WIFE WHO KNEW HOW TO COOK AND SEW, BUT IN RETURN HE GOT A BEAUTIFUL WIFE, WHO DIDN'T KNOW HOW TO DO NOTHING. GOOD READ!!!
Jessica
I found this book okay. I've read better, but if you want an uncomplicated story this is a book for you. She was childish and naive, he wasn't much better.
I like books I can't tear myself from, but this one was easy to lay down. As said, I've read better...
Holly
Not the best book by Jude Deveraux, but it was one of the free deals. It was entertaining and was a smooth, easy read. However, character development was missing, as well as a few details that would have made the whole story more plausible.
I really like Jude Deveraux. Her books have a way of pulling you in. I really liked this book. I thought it was an interesting and easy read. It kept me entertained the whole time.

There is some sexual content.
Carey
Eternity is a great book set in Frontier of Colorado. I liked the main character Carrie Montgomery. She was a mail order bride for Joshua Greene. I have read a few of Jude Deveraux books. I find them entertaining.
Amber(Shyloh)
This was a reread, and had been many years since I've read it. I have to say it is the least favorite of all her older books for me. Really did not like Carrie and felt she did not grow as a person at all.
Deda Makinde
Excellent. Adventurous and spoiled female character, stubborn and hard-to-please male character, and lovely, fun-loving children. A lovely mix. I just kept chuckling to the end.
  • A Holiday of Love (Westmoreland, #3.5)
  • Highland Rogue (Clan MacKenzie #2)
  • Devil's Daughter (Devil, #2)
  • The Bridal Veil
  • For the Roses (Rose, #1)
  • A Gentle Feuding
  • Thunder Heights
  • The Rainbow Season (Turner's Rainbows Saga, #1)
Jude Gilliam was born September 20, 1947 in Fairdale, Kentucky. She has a large extended family and is the elder sister of four brothers. She attended Murray State University and received a degree in Art. In 1967, Jude married and took her husband's surname of White, but four years later they divorced. For years, she worked as 5th-grade teacher.

She began writing in 1976, and published her first bo...more
More about Jude Deveraux...
A Knight in Shining Armor The Black Lyon Highland Velvet The Velvet Promise Velvet Angel