Start by marking “Eternity” as Want to Read:
Eternity

Eternity (Montgomery/Taggert #9)

3.86  ·  Rating Details ·  3,893 Ratings  ·  95 Reviews
The ninth captivating historical romance in the Montgomery series from New York Times bestselling author Jude Deveraux.

Carrie Montgomery had grown up with seven adoring older brothers, and she was used to getting her way rather easily. Joshua Greene was only looking for a hardworking, practical mail-order bride to help with the farm and feed and clothe his children. Yet fr
Published February 1st 2004 by Pocket Books (first published 1992)

To ask other readers questions about Eternity, please sign up.

Roberta Rimšaitė Yes!

(adding more text as it is not possible to save an answer with just one word....)

Chumchum_88
That was one of the most adorable books I have ever read!!!
The idea in the first place appealed to me, I always like the single parent thing, so its a huge bonus for the book.
its my first book for Jude Deveraux, and so far it left a great impression that why I'm gonna read the series from the very beginning.
At first I hated how Josh reacted to own lovely heroin, i really felt bad for her no women should be treated that way, but I liked the progress with the couple they were the cute kind.
Plus th
Norak Kamis
Apr 02, 2009 Norak Kamis rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
If I could finish a book within two days its really good. A great love story of a couple who hated each other and then slowly learn to love each other. A book that would leave you with a satisfying feeling.
Yossra kerkeb
This book wasn't very good. I stopped at about 40% if that's any indication of what to expect.
I usually love the arranged marriage trope but this is just ridiculous. If all the heroine has to offer is that she's beautiful and rich, I don't see why I should bother.
Linda
Jun 25, 2014 Linda rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The storyline of this book was definitely interesting but when it reached the end, it lost the theme of the story and got unbelievable. The story is about Carrie Montgomery who decided that she wanted to marry a farmer who lived in Eternity, Colorado by proxy when the sent a picture of himself and his kids asking for a wife who could help him work his farm. She and her friends had started a group that found wives for men in the West but this picture made Carrie look into their eyes and feel in l ...more
Kelly
I am going to write the same thing for the Taggart and Montgomery series of Jude Deveraux. First, I can't believe that I read these books because they are so blatantly bodice rippers (not my style at all). And second, and more importantly, I devoured them all! Here is the scoop: We stopped at a friend's house in Tennessee on the last leg of one of our cross country trips about 11 years ago and I had run out of books. She gave me three of Deveraux's books in the Montgomery series and I kindly too ...more
Joanna
Aug 08, 2012 Joanna rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Regina
May 28, 2012 Regina rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Just an okay read. Carrie was a little too Pollyanna for me. I really like mail order bride themes, but Carrie's "adjustment" to farm living by throwing her money at the townsfolk, although funny, was not believable. Josh's past was too secret throughout the story, but when it's revealed, ends up being too convenient. On the upside, all the characters that matter--Carrie, Josh, his children, Dallas and Tem--were enjoyable. 3 stars
Maria Sanigan
May 29, 2013 Maria Sanigan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
SUBLIME! This is indeed the kind of story that will make your day even more beautiful and lovelier! There's not one chapter that you'll not be able to laugh genuinely and hysterically. With Josh's children, Tem and Dallas, every chapter became merrier and merrier, every chapter became lovelier, every chapter became meaningful. Indeed, this is a kind of story that I'll certainly reread. The story made my day. Literally, made my day.

God Bless!
Jodi
Aug 18, 2008 Jodi rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone
As usual, Jude Deveraux delivers another entertaining love story. The female love interest is adorable in her pursuit of love. The male love interest has been unwillingly swept off his feet! Great read.
Noelia
Novela un punto surrealista de un pija que se enamora de un hombre por una foto y se compromete con él por carta y se planta ante él en pleno oeste árido. Es una trama extraña, pero es una historia entretenida y más bien corta.
Shantal (Book Nerds are Pretty Too)
I love Eternity! I read this novel in one sitting and wish it had been longer. The characters are so well-woven, so wonderfully well developed that I couldn't help but smile when the novel ended.The couple is passionate, the ending is a surprise.
Silvia Carbone
Aug 09, 2016 Silvia Carbone rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Molto carino lettura leggera e scorrevole.
Dahlia Mrd
Sep 08, 2012 Dahlia Mrd rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: deveraux
Sweet and romantic is Jude's forte!
Ivonne
Me dio mucha rabia la actitud de ella, que queria solucionar todo y vivir "su cuento de hada" de la forma equivocada.
Y el "amor" demasiado forzado y superficial que no siquiera me llego a gustar.
Se salvo un poco por que tenia partes graciosas pero ademas de eso, nada mas
Christine
Feb 07, 2010 Christine rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
This was all right but definitely no where near Deveraux's best work (which is amazing). It was a smooth, easy read that moved me from cover to cover, but I can't say that I ever really liked Carrie. She was a spoiled little rich girl who set out to deceive Joshua and despite various attempts to make her into something more or to make that fact all right, she remained a spoiled little rich girl throughout the book. It really annoys me when rich people go on about how money doesn't matter, only l ...more
Sol González
Sep 03, 2016 Sol González rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, 2007
Una de las únicas protagonistas Montgomery, en un universo de protagonistas masculinos. Carrie Montgomery es hermana de Ring Montgomery (el protagonista del libro pasado) y en su pequeño pueblo ideó la forma de pasar el tiempo y entre el cúmulo de sus actividades (de niña mimada) colocó un periódico de citas. Es en este periódico en donde Josh Green se publica y pide a una esposa que sepa del campo... y Carri sencillamente dice que ella se va a casar con él.

La niña mimada se fué entonces a encon
Ennairaa
Jul 31, 2013 Ennairaa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: jude-deveraux
I think this is the latest one i've read. I havent gotten my hands on her new releases. I've been a fan since high school, and on for my 14th birthday my bestfriend gave me a jude deveraux book entitled "Someone Tp love" And i fell in love with her writing style and with her. Ever since then I've been collecting her works :p anyway, about this book. It's not a knight in shinning armor kind of book, or the velvet series (which is my favorite btw, raine to be exact :p ) but this book is very light ...more
Jen
Nov 08, 2014 Jen rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance-chic-lit
Carrie Montgomery has never wanted for anything and when she and her friends decide to help men out west get wives through a mail order bride service, she decides immediately that she wants Joshua Greene for herself. Having none of the skills he requested in a bride, she still sets off to meet him and his children. When she arrives in Eternity, she isn't what Josh was expecting and he vows not to stay married to her no matter how attractive he finds her. His children think she's wonderful, even ...more
Melissa
I really loved this book! Pampered Carrie Montgomery decides to leave her home behind to become a mail order bride and heads out west. Joshua asked for a hard working wife who could handle farm life and care for his kids. He did NOT expect anyone remotely like Carrie to show up and he sure was not happy that she did. They end up being stuck together for a while and Carrie starts to make Joshua's dirty house into a real home. She falls in love with him and his 2 children. Carrie and Joshua need t ...more
Diah Didi
Jul 27, 2011 Diah Didi rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
My very first of Jude Deveraux. Why did I pick it? Cause it's a mail-ordered-bride theme. And I really don't mind if Josh has two kids already.
I didn't really like Carrie actually, for being so self-centered but she had guts, and a quick mind, I must confess. I did like Josh and Tem and Dallas. All my love for them... As for Josh, what I liked best from him was that he's not as intimidating as other heroes from most novels I've read.
And to know what secret Josh held, no wonder he was such a te
Jamie
May 17, 2014 Jamie rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Disappointed by the ending, too quick and too cheesy...
So, I am trying to clean out all of the books my mom has given me over the years, or I've bought at yard sales, in an attempt to get rid of some and placate my husband who doesn't read and hates how much space they take up. With that in mind, I am currently in the romance section ;)
Characters were ok, but Carrie was not very believable. She was too...well, blonde. And Josh was, just far fetched. He was this hard working stubborn guy who was
Robin
Nov 29, 2008 Robin rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2004
Since I had just finished one Jude Deveraux, I figured I'd try another that was sitting on my shelf. And, lo and behold-- it featured another Montgomery, but this one in 1865 in the wild West. I didn't enjoy it as much as Knight-- the characters in this one didn't have nearly the depth and the story was not nearly as solid. But it was fun and fast. Curious about other Montgomery books, I checked online and found a Montgomery Family Tree. My good heavens, it is extensive! I might have to pick up ...more
Moira
Sep 24, 2012 Moira rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
More Montgomery madness! Carrie is the beloved baby sister of the family and there is no reason her journey to the alter should be any easier than that of her brothers. I'd love to see the children act, Tem and Dallas were my favorite part of the story. That and Carrie literally cutting an unbecoming dress off someone rather than let them walk out looking less than their best. What ever happened to shop keepers who CARE??
Galena Sanz
Apr 09, 2015 Galena Sanz rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Esta es una novela un tanto bucólica, graciosa y bonita. Al principio pensaba que sería más dramática, pero no es así y la resolución de los hechos ha resultado ser inesperada pero más sencilla de lo que creía que iba a ser. En general, la historia me ha gustado, no ha sido una decepción pero la verdad es que esperaba más.
Alana
Jan 11, 2016 Alana rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: purchased, jri, 2016-reads
This book was super cute. I wouldn't say it plots well (lots of points aren't dealt with at all; characters appear then never appear again), but it's fast and a little funny and a little romantic. Beach read-y. Considering how I've been trying to read the same Deveraux book for over a year, I'm pretty happy that this one reminded me why I liked her in the first place.
Codi Gary
Apr 28, 2013 Codi Gary rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Again, such a wonderful story and cast of characters! Josh and Carrie have a lot of chemistry and Dallas and Timmy steal the show with their crazy antics! So many momments that are so touching and make you smile.My favorite line is from Dallas; "I told you Carrie would want the big bed to herself." Not an exact quote but it still makes me chuckle...
Christina Strause-stalkfleet
Joshua Greene placed an ad for a wife. The wife would need to be able to help him with his farm and children. Carrie Montgomery was born into a wealthy family with seven brothers. Carrie was used to getting her way so when she saw the ad and picture of Joshua she knew she wanted him. The two are then wed by proxy. When Joshua meets Carrie she is in no way who he was expecting or wanting.
Pamela(AllHoney)
The 9th book of the Montgomery series and this is set in the American West. Carrie Montgomery is a mail-order bride but not used to the hard work her groom, Joshua Greene, expects of her. But she is stronger than she looks, maybe.

I have a preference for Ms Deveraux' medieval romances but this was not bad.
Mar 27, 2010 Jennifer rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really like Jude Deveraux. Her books have a way of pulling you in. I really liked this book. I thought it was an interesting and easy read. It kept me entertained the whole time.

There is some sexual content.
  • The Nightingale Legacy (Legacy, #2)
  • Highland Rogue (Clan MacKenzie #2)
  • Savage Thunder (Wyoming, #2)
  • The Bridal Veil
Jude Gilliam was born September 20, 1947 in Fairdale, Kentucky. She has a large extended family and is the elder sister of four brothers. She attended Murray State University and received a degree in Art. In 1967, Jude married and took her husband's surname of White, but four years later they divorced. For years, she worked as 5th-grade teacher.

She began writing in 1976, and published her first bo
More about Jude Deveraux...

Montgomery/Taggert (1 - 10 of 18 books)
  • The Black Lyon (Montgomery/Taggert, #1)
  • The Duchess (Montgomery/Taggert, #2)
  • The Temptress (Montgomery/Taggert, #3)
  • The Raider (Montgomery/Taggert, #4)
  • Mountain Laurel (Montgomery/Taggert, #5)
  • Sweet Liar (Montgomery/Taggert, #6)
  • Wishes (Montgomery/Taggert, #7)
  • The Princess (Montgomery/Taggert, #8)
  • Someone to Love (Montgomery/Taggert, #10)
  • The Heiress (Montgomery/Taggart, #11)