Lazarus Rising (Starfist Series #9)

Lazarus Rising (Starfist #9)

3.88 of 5 stars 3.88  ·  rating details  ·  357 ratings  ·  4 reviews
The hugely popular Starfist saga featuring Marines at war in outer space is the "only" military science fiction series written by real combat vets: David Sherman and Dan Cragg. Now comes theexplosive hardcover debut of this series-packed with hell-torn action and blazing adventure.
In their fiercest combat yet, the hard-charging Marines of 34th Fleet InitialStrike Team (FI...more
Published December 2nd 2003 by Random House Publishing Group (first published 2003)

Per Gunnar
This book in the Starfist series is a bit different from the rest that I have read so far in that it does not really involve an official deployment of the 34th FIST. Not even a small detachment of marines. Instead it tells a story that plays out on the Kingdom planet after the aliens have been forced to retreat from the planet and the 34th FIST have left to deal with their losses. Okay, slight spoiler, at least one of the marine manages to get himself involved in the story but not really in any...more
Scott
In my review for book 7 of this series, I mentioned that I'd had just about enough of the formula, and was ready for something different. Book 9 does not offer that, but it does break from the formula for a while and revisit some characters not seen for a while.

Mind you, the villains are dumber than ever, and so over-the-top I'm wondering if the original authors are still on the series, rather than just their names.

There are four more books in this series that I'm aware of, and I've more or less...more
Jim
About half-way through the book and I can say this is the worst book of the 9 I've read so far. Spoiler Alert!

If you haven't figured that Charlie Bass is still alive then you probably should stop reading the books. Yes, he's alive but the writing about what he's doing is just stupid! I really hope it gets much better.

Didn't get any better. What a stupid story. So this Marine Gunnery Sgt gets his memory back and goes to help the only 4-Star General on this entire planet to overthrow the evil desp...more
Michael
Worthy Part of the series!
Mark Donaldson
Mark Donaldson marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2014
Helder Martins
Helder Martins marked it as to-read
Jul 15, 2014
Michael Rutkowski
Michael Rutkowski marked it as to-read
Jun 27, 2014
  • Grimmer Than Hell
  • Carnifex
  • The Tau Ceti Agenda
  • David Falkayn: Star Trader (Technic Civilization 2)
  • Semper Human (Inheritance Trilogy, #3)
  • Old Guard: Bolos Anthology 5 (Bolos, #5)
  • The Hub: Dangerous Territory (The Hub)
  • Stronghold Rising (Sholan Alliance, #6)
  • Pandora's Legions
  • Phylogenesis (Founding of the Commonwealth, #1)
  • Heirs of Empire (Dahak, #3)
  • Skyfall (Saga of the Skolian Empire, #9)
  • The Road to Damascus
David Sherman has been a Marine and a sculptor. He writes science fiction and military novels.

More about David Sherman...
Jedi Trial (Star Wars: Clone Wars, #6) First to Fight (Starfist, #1) School of Fire (Starfist, #2) Blood Contact (Starfist, #4) Steel Gauntlet (Starfist, #3)