Demon from the Dark (Immortals After Dark, #10)

Demon from the Dark (Immortals After Dark #10)

4.47 of 5 stars 4.47  ·  rating details  ·  24,625 ratings  ·  939 reviews
From New York Times bestselling author Kresley Cole comes this scorching tale of a demon outcast poisoned with vampire blood and the vulnerable young witch he vows to protect, even from himself.

A DANGEROUS DEMON SHE CAN'T RESIST . . .

Malkom Slaine: tormented by his sordid past and racked by vampiric hungers, he's pushed to the brink by the green-eyed beauty under his guard...more
Mass Market Paperback, 430 pages
Published August 24th 2010 by Pocket Books

To ask other readers questions about Demon from the Dark, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Demon from the Dark

Mockingjay by Suzanne CollinsSpirit Bound by Richelle MeadDead in the Family by Charlaine HarrisLinger by Maggie StiefvaterClockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare
Can't Wait Books of 2010
45th out of 1,185 books — 10,703 voters
The Perfect Play by Jaci BurtonLover Avenged by J.R. WardLover Mine by J.R. WardInsatiable by Lauren DaneCity of Bones by Cassandra Clare
Hottest Guy on a Cover
7th out of 1,149 books — 1,624 voters

More lists with this book...

Kristen (Peddler of Smut)
Huge 5+ stars

Full review now posted

Wow! Wow! Wow! To say I loveDemon from the Dark is an understatement! I adore everything about this powerfully written book.

With out a doubt, Demon from the Dark has become my favorite book in the series, and suffice it to say, it was mostly due to the... wait-for-it... romance. Yep, I ate my words big time when I said (in last book's review) that I had become mostly ambivalent to the romance element in this series.

Demon from the Dark has everything I love in a...more
 Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads)
Disclaimer: I am in gushing mode, which means I have lots of clunky metaphors and a bit of unwise hyperbole. Don't hold it against this book or its author. It's all me!

I make no apologies for my deep love of this series. It rocks. This series is premium when it comes to paranormal romance. Hands down. With Demon from the Dark, I felt that intense love grow like a rose bush on Miracle Gro fertilizer.

Ms. Cole has written a flawless book here. She wrote a hot, hot romance with two characters that...more
Mel
Aug 15, 2010 Mel rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: pnr
Demon from the Dark is the tenth book in the immense popular Immortals After Dark series by Kresley Cole. The series is popular for good reason: the combination of snarky heroines and brooding heroes makes for great entertainment. The stories are always engaging, funny and sizzling.
Despite the premise in all the books being the same (boy and girl realize they are fated mates and have to deal with that–the hard and sexy way) the stories never feel repetitive. Cole just always manages to give a n...more
Auntee
Loved it loved it LOVED IT!!! One of the best books in the whole IAD series--and I know I say that all the time, because I love most of the books in the series. But something about this one really appealed to me, and I'm guessing that 75% of it is because I really fell for the hero, the hunk-a-licious vemon (part demon, part vampire) Malkom Slaine. Ahh, what a tortured hero he was...sympathetic, lonely, proud, humiliated, protective, possessive, innocent in many ways, down on himself...and so in...more
Laura the Highland Hussy
***SPOILERS WILL BE PRESENT***

At the end of Pleasure of a Dark Prince, we saw three separate epilogues where several creatures from the Lore were captured- one of whom was Carrow the Incarcerated.

Which brings us to Demon from the Dark.

Carrow is put in a cell with Lanthe (remember her? Sabine's sister...the one who creates portals) and a 7 yr old witch named Ruby. Ruby's mom was Carrow's cousin and coven-mate Amanda, and the Order has just killed her! So Carrow stepped up to the plate and adopte...more
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)
 ~V~
This latest book in the IAD series was AMAZING!!!! I love the witches...they're absolutely hillarious!!!..and the "hero" in this book...Malkom....I LOVED!!!..he was sooo sweet!!!...there were so many similarities, for me, to JR Ward's character, Zsadist, who happens to be my fav. BDB character..I won't go into any details, since anyone reading it will know what i'm talking about. This book had it ALL...everything that makes a Kresley Cole book so GREAT!...a TON of action/adventure...comedy!...ro...more
Carisa
Loved this one, with a heroine who didn’t irritate me at all (miracles exist). Non-stop action, with one of the best heroes in the series. He and the H/h love story makes this story a favorite.
GENRE/TONE:
Paranormal/Action
FULL SCENES:
Several, steamy, FM
HERO:
A Rogue and a Loner, formerly a respected w...more
Taiyesha-Duchess of Indiana
Re-Review:, I WAS WRONG, THIS IS SOOO FIVE STARS

I really really liked this book. The couple is great and so very primal. Their fated love in the beginning showed the essence of natural chemistry as crutches like language were not given to them. They truly fought for each other. Malkom had a hard time trusting Carrow, rightfully so, and she stuck by him like the ride or die chick she is. Not to mention there is a sweet wee little bundle of a girl that makes this whole book heartwarming to the end...more
Heather C
My favorite of the series so far! I loved all the sexual tension brought on by the language barriers between Malkom and Carrow. I loved how barbaric and uncivilized Malkom was. It was so cute how he discovered new things and wanted to court Carrow. He might just be my favorite hero of the series; although he is in a tight race with Conrad.

Also, I really enjoyed the plot this time (I was a bit bored with the last few books). It was really funny...and emotional, too. Moving on to the next book no...more
Michelle, the Bookshelf Stalker  Queen of the Undead
Demons, vampires, witches, and other paranormal creatures I love- check
heart racing action-check
sexual tension- check
romance (notice I put the sexual tension first)- check
a bit of horror- check
humor (witty humor even)- check
sex- check
tortured hero- oh yeah, I mean check

The perfect paranormal romance!

Update- I never thought I'd put the 10th book in a series on my "Best Book of 2010" list but this book dserves it!
Jill Myles
ETA - Re-read! Drank this down in an afternoon. Loved it, though I wish Carrow and Malkom could have had more 'alone' time. ;)

Kresley Cole is one of my favorite authors today. So far she has not hit a sour note for me. So it's no surprise to me that I loved this book, but it did surprise me how MUCH I loved it.

I should start by saying that the House of Witches aren't my favorite Loreans. I get a little miffed every time there's a non-valkyrie heroine. So my excitement for this book? Not nearly a...more
Leah
valee
I loved this book. I couldn't take my eyes away from it. Read it in a day. I didn't even stopped to come and update my book status,lol.

Even though I adored this couple, it wasn't a fav. There are some others which are better in this series IMHO. Still an amazing read.
MelissaB
Wow! Great entry into the series. The hero was very tortured and primal but he is also endearing. It was an exciting fast-paced story!
Jessica Hatfield
 photo feelings_zpsad8a986e.gif

My God This Book was so Damn Good!!!!!!!!! I was Hurting with the characters, feeling the pain and helplessness. I was on a emotional rollercoaster the whole book. I loved Malkom, Carrow, and ruby so much the family unite was too cute!!!

Malkom:
 photo malkom_zps09b013ac.jpg

He is the super sexy, tormented, abused, betrayed,lonely,harden fighter that doesn't trust, but He is also vulnerable, noble, and protective. He was so sweet and such a hero. My heart broke and longed for him.

“I am defeated, female.” Naked, he dropped to...more
Kathleen
4.5 stars. I want to see Malkom, Carrow, and Ruby again. Do they show up in any sequels??? Loved this book — the characters and the plot. Adorable old lonely demon. Vemon. No clue how to court a woman, but knows she's gotta be his. (Instant mate-recognition trope, again).

Hoping to win her heart, this filthy demon-vampire offers his fastidiously clean city-girl some tokens of his love -- just a few monster heads. Chuckles. Hey, but they belonged to her enemies!

Loved the bathing scene. The scene...more
Katie(babs)
Wendy
LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!

I can't express how much I adored this book. Carrow the strong Wiccae and her beloved, sexy, tortured hero Malkom, had me laughing and feeling their emotions along with them. This one really touched the heartstrings. So, so good!
Jo ★The Book Sloth★
I really can't remember why I'd given this book 4 and not 5 stars. It's obviously one of the best in the series.

After being captured by the Order and threatened with the life of a freshly acquired stepdaugther Carrow is sent in a hell realm to bring back a Vemon, a rare demon turned vampire. What she doesn't know is that her Vemon isn't the animal he seems and that after meeting him she won't want to give him up. But give him up she does because more are in the line than just herself.

I loved thi...more
Eastofoz
With this latest installment in the IAD series, Kresley Cole introduces a lot of new characters and in doing so breathes new life and a kind of freshness into it. She’s back on top with this one making it one of the better ones of the 11 out there.

The story starts out with witch Carrow Graie, the diehard party girl, who’s been captured by a group of humans known as The Order whose objective is to capture and study/experiment on Immortals. They are a creepy lot these guys and gals. Carrow is bein...more
t'irla ~The Bookslayer~ t'irla's Talk Book Blog
Jan 27, 2012 t'irla ~The Bookslayer~ t'irla's Talk Book Blog rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: anyone who enjoys humor and vamps and vemons!
Wow,..what can I say, I think this is my favorite IAD book!...Malkom is ..wow....HAWT!!!! Carrow is very cool....and Ruby is hilarious at times.

I adore how KC mixes action, romance, humour and good HOT sex. On the hot sex note..I think this is the hotest one yet. The scene in the mine where she baths him..and then he baths her...well..all I can say is..I had to wake my husband up...nough said?....This book also has the plot moving at lightening speed which I so enjoyed and she did a great job b...more
Mahlet

“Carrow is Malkom’s”

Well, the way Kresley has made me fall so hard for this hero, I so wish I could say “Malkom is Mahlet’s” *sigh* I bow down to Kresley for delivering such a beautiful, intense story ten - count that - TEN! - freaking books into the IAD series. This is quite possibly the strongest IAD book yet. For the last few years, whenever I encountered another IAD fan, I always had to throw in a “Lachlain and Bowen are still my favorites, but I really loved __so and so’s__ book, too!” No m...more
Kathrynn
Book #10 in the IAD series and another winner. The majority of the story took place in Oblivion--a demon world. Some heartbreaking "stuff" happened in the early days--before the characters met. Horrific child abuse, both mental and physical, molestation and extreme cruelty.

My heart went out for Malkom Slaine. He was born a demon, but events happened that "altered" him. Carrow Graie was a warrior class witch and when their paths crossed, the physical chemistry was off the charts. Fans of the ser...more
Wicked Incognito Now
This story features Carrow the Incarcerated--Mariketa's BFF. She is "the incarcerated" because she is so often thrown in the slamma. She is a par-tay witch. Her power source feeds of off the joy of others. Then there is Malkom--oh Mother of All That's Holy!!! Hubba hubba hubba!!! He is ever HAWT.

Malkom is a vemon--vampire/demon. He is one scary scary monsta.

This is a sort of a Beauty and the Beast tale, and I love me some Beast Tales. :-P

I marvel at Kresley Cole's ability to write about things...more
Megan Riverina Romantics/Meggerfly
This is the 10th installment in Cole's Immortals After Dark series. It is about Carrow Graie, a.k.a. Carrow the Incarcerated, a mercenary of the Wiccae, and Malkom Slaine, leader of the Trothan rebellion.

This book set a new "stage" in the IAD world as well giving us a good look at a new species within the Lore world. One that was though a myth. The Scabara, or otherwise known as a vemon, were demons poisoned by vampire blood and thought of as abominations by most of the Lore. We as readers knew...more
Pamela / SpazP
Originally posted at WickedLilPixie Reviews

“Those who betray me do it only once.” – Malkolm

I have done something different with this review and have used plentiful quotes throughout to highlight my favorite parts. If you consider quotes too much of a spoiler, please use caution browsing this review. The review overall is spoiler-free.

Demon from the Dark is the 9th full-length novel in the Immortals After Dark series and as I’ve mentioned previously in my review of Pleasure of a Dark Prince, this...more
Ronda  Tutt
Kresley Cole's writing is ABSOLUTE PERFECTION! This book is a OUTSTANDING! EXCELLENT! POWERFUL! DARK & SEDUCTIVE! FLAMING HOT EROTICA ROMANCE!!!!

I absolutely loved this book. It totally WOW-ed me. I couldn't stop turning the pages or put the book down. My emotions were running wild and I laughed, felt the excitement, the emotions from each character and felt as I was right there. I truely didn't want the book to end.

The story was based on part of the dark side of the Lore that was just thoug...more
Greta is Erikasbuddy
Va Va Va Voom!!

I really was unsure if I would like this story but oh boy was I wrong!! I freaking LOVED it!!

In this part of our adventure with the Immortal Noms After Dark we learn about Carrow's tale. We've met Carrow before. She's that wild child that hung out with Mariketa before she shacked up with her wolf (and howwwl!! we get some more tid bits of their life -- woof!!)

Well, if you remember in the last story Sabine was going all nutso because her sister was abducted and the Valkarye were go...more
League of Lusty L...: Book 9: Demon from the Dark- 26 June - 4 July 23 31 Jul 15, 2014 10:45AM
Immortals After Dark: Demon from the Dark (Book #10) 284 369 Apr 15, 2014 11:56AM
Immortals After Dark: Demon from the Dark (Book 10) 9 34 Dec 04, 2013 07:07PM
  • Ecstasy Unveiled (Demonica, #4)
  • Playing Easy to Get (Includes: B.A.D. Series, #1.5; Vikings Underground, #3; Immortals After Dark, #1)
  • The Darkest Whisper (Lords of the Underworld, #4)
  • Play of Passion (Psy-Changeling, #9)
  • Possess Me at Midnight (Doomsday Brethren, #3)
Kresley Cole is the #1 New York Times bestselling author of the electrifying Immortals After Dark paranormal series, the young adult Arcana Chronicles series, the erotic Gamemakers series, and five award-winning historical romances.

A master’s grad and former athlete, she has traveled over much of the world and draws from those experiences to create her memorable characters and settings.
Her IAD bo...more
More about Kresley Cole...
A Hunger Like No Other (Immortals After Dark, #2) No Rest for the Wicked (Immortals After Dark, #3) Wicked Deeds on a Winter's Night (Immortals After Dark, #4) Dark Desires After Dusk (Immortals After Dark, #6) The Warlord Wants Forever (Immortals After Dark, #1)

“He'd swiftly collected those monsters' heads, tying them together with a piece of the rope she'd hoped never to see again, then strung them over his shoulder. Periodically, he offered his catch to her.

"No, no, I have a pair just like them at home," she'd said. "I would just regift them.”
151 likes