Start by marking “Cat Master, The” as Want to Read:
Cat Master, The

Cat Master, The

4.1 of 5 stars 4.10  ·  rating details  ·  72 ratings  ·  24 reviews
Tension is growing between the Ferals and Indoors, and the old Cat Master, spiritual leader of all felines, is dying. Time is running out, and he must choose a successor that will rule wisely and keep peace among their kind.
Published April 1st 2007 by Two Lions (first published 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Cat Master, The, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cat Master, The

Michelle
I have just started this book. I met the author Bonnie Pemberton while she was doing a book signing at Book People. The cover of the book was beautiful and we had an interesting conversation so I bought the book and had her sign it.

I am only on page 26 but so far the book is exciting and I am intrigued to see how the story goes.

So far the Spiritual leader of the cats has died and while he was communicating by psychic transmission who was his heir to become cat master, the transmission was inte
Valerie
This is a must read for all animal lovers and even for those who aren't, who knows, you may be after you turn the last page of this magical book.
A heart warming story that captured me from the very beginning and held me close right thru to the end.
In a way I wish there could be a sequel but a little imagination goes a long way...
I'm happy to have travelled the road with the various creatures great and small.
David Perrin
Apr 19, 2012 David Perrin rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommended to David by: Cari
Fun book! I really enjoyed this. Read it fast (for me), 3 days.
Hayley
With his last breath, the old Cat Master, leader of all felines, summons his chosen heir through mind-talk. But all is not well, and a darkness descends upon the cat world as the message is intercepted by Jett, brother of the new heir, Buddy. He becomes enraged because he had not been chosen instead. Thus, a deadly sibling rivalry ensues. Will they plunge into darkness, or will the light win out?

This was an outstanding and well paced story that held my attention all through the book. I was easil
Janeen-san
This is an enchanting tale that will leave you wondering just what goes on in the mind of your pet cat.
Erin Hunter calls them Warriors and Kittypets, and Bonnie Pemberton calls them Ferals and Indoors. She has created a wonderful story filled with mystery and adventure, about two cat brothers in a race against time to reach the throne and become The Cat Master, ruler of all felines.
Who will get to the throne first?

Reread Jan 20 2011 to Jan 24 2011:
I still liked this book, it was cool to reread.
Cmoore
I read a lot of good books but the great ones shine like gems among them — to name a few: Wolf Brother, Inkheart, Eragon, and now... I wasn't expecting The Cat Master to blow me away; the blurb just sounded silly.

Bonnie Pemberton has populated her story with the animals you expect to find in an urban landscape: feral and domesticated cats and dogs, and wild animals such as birds, reptiles, and possums. This adventure story is told from the various animals' points of view. The characters range fr
~Megan~
Caroline
This was a *very* good book, to say the least. Originally, I thought it was going to be a lot like "Warriors", and let me just say, I LOVE WARRIORS<3 I was really hoping it wasn't going to be a Warriors spoof... And guess what? This book, although it was about cats, had quite a different plot. It added funny twists, such as adding random characters' points of view (possum, mockingbird, lizard) and those made it original. All these animals, although it was mainly about cats, came together and ...more
Katy Ann
I know, I know. You should never compare one book to another because each is different. It just so happens though, that it's human nature to compare. I picked this one up because I loved the Warriors series in middle school. With this new take on ferals/indoors I did not find much pleasure. Perhaps it is due to the fact that I attempted to read a type of book I loved as a middle schooler, now as an adult, therefore my tastes have changed and my mind grown. I did enjoy the different animals other ...more
Kelly
I must say that I wanted to gouge my eyes out with this one. I was so bored, I had to skip to the end. I must admit that I only read the first 200 pages or so and then skipped to the very predictable end, so I can not comment on the middle. Maybe I missed a lot, but I somehow doubt it. I found the writing itself to be condescending, which maybe the author wanted the book to have the feel of superiority because of the topic. I was however, annoyed by this.
Lunarlight
Well, I honestly think it was very good but some parts bothered me. WHY WAS THE LIZARD IN IT AT ALL!?!? Every time I saw his name I skipped a couple paragraphs. PLUS, what was up with the Animal Control people? I am reading to get it done to read another book so yeah Warriors is better. I think Seekers is kinda slow though, I'm gonna stop reading about bears and move on to finishing the cats, currently on Long Shadows
Hello
I don't like how people are comparing it to warriors cats. These are totally different books. Do people compare Harry Potter and Warriors?
No, Harry Potter,but
Warriors are both fantasys
. So why compare these two
just cause they both have cats in them?.
Dominique
I really enjoyed this book, I've always loved books about animals, and the author did an amazing job telling the story from the viewpoint of cats, dogs, a lizard, a possum, and a bird.
It was very touching and also hilarious at times.
My sister first read it, and loved it so much that she encouraged my mom to read it, who told my dad and I to read it. We all loved it!
Courtney
I'm not a typical reader of animal fantasies, but I got hooked a quarter of the way in. It's one of those books where you know how it's going to end, but getting there is quite the adventure. After you read the last page, it still resonates; which is what I think everyone looks for in a book. Highly recommended.
Kristy McRae
I admit, I've always been a sucker for books with animal characters. This one did not disappoint. I really enjoyed the story, and the feline characters. Also the secondary animal characters were great--the dogs, the lizard, the birds. Loved this one!
Fefe4ever
It was a LOT like Warriors, but it was still very good. My fave quote comes from here: "Freedom is not something you earn; Freedom is having the choice."
Kusundree
Larrirosser
This is pure, shameless anthropomorphic fantasy. It's marketed for middle schoolers, but it was a great little escape for me.
Maggie
This is simply one of the most enjoyable books I have ever read. Anyone who has ever been a child should read it:o)
Shannon
My favorite quote from the book "Freedom isn't what you choose ... Freedom is having the choice."
Miranda
so far it is pretty good and i love how you can visualize the characters in your mind!
Kat
Reading it because a friend wrote it. It takes me back to thinking like a child.
Spiderwickgirl Rummell
This is a very good book, though it has simalarities to the warriors series.
Bloodstar
It was new compaired to the Warriorcats.
Katie
Katie is currently reading it
Jan 17, 2015
Syruh
Syruh marked it as to-read
Jan 04, 2015
[Name Redacted]
[Name Redacted] marked it as to-read
Dec 09, 2014
Alicia
Alicia marked it as to-read
Oct 02, 2014