Switched

Switched

3.25 of 5 stars 3.25  ·  rating details  ·  123 ratings  ·  21 reviews
From rags . . .
Laura Mellon has never met a fabric she couldn't soften or a stain she couldn't remove. She's tired of cleaning houses with her starry-eyed mom. But it's the only way she'll save enough $$$ for college.

To riches . . .

Willa Pogue can't enjoy being an heiress. She's too busy worrying about fitting in at Fenwick, her snooty new Connecticut boarding school. Then...more
Published July 8th 2008 by Delacorte Books for Young Readers (first published June 12th 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Switched, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Switched

Sahilah
Jul 20, 2011 Sahilah rated it 1 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: NO. I WOULDNT.
Recommended to Sahilah by: Nobody.
OH MY GOD. THIS BOOK WAS HORRIBLE.
I stopped instantly at page 44 because it was killing me of how ridiculous this book is.
OMG. I cant even explain what I don't like because Im unbelievably speechless. I thought it was a horrible book. No Questions Asked.
I switched to another book, "The extraordinary lives of April, May and June" and its really good so far. But, "Switched" really ruined my mood for reading another book today. -.-
How was it even accepted to be published?
As of rating, I give this...more
Lori
A great perspective read. Predicable but I really enjoyed it. Lots of cleaning tips.
Laurenleah

Have you ever wanted to switch places or be in someone else’s shoes? In Switched by Jessica Wollman the two main characters, Willa and Laura, decide to switch places for four months. Willa Pogue enjoys being an heiress and goes to Fenwick, her snooty boarding school. Laura Melon is smart and cleans houses for the rich. Throughout the book Willa and Laura find out they look exactly alike and share similar interests. Wollman’s style or technique of writing is interesting because her voice speaks...more
Nian
Sep 29, 2007 Nian rated it 2 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone looking for a light read.
Shelves: 2007
This book was kind of disappointing, especially since I'd put so much thought into how the story would be like ever since I read the storyline and heard of the title. But, like they all say, titles can be decieving. Originally, I thought this book would be something like The Princess and The Pauper, one my my favorite books, because the plot is similiar, but this just wasn't what I expected.

Two girls, completely unrelated, meet by chance. Willa Pogue, daughter of the rich and famous Pogues, is...more
Kricket
willa pogue hates her swanky boarding school and upper-crust parents. laura melon hates helping her mom clean houses and not being able to afford college. then they have a chance encounter while laura is cleaning willa's room, and conveniently realize that they are identical.

cute, fluffy retelling of "the prince and the pauper." when i was little i was obsessed with "the parent trap" and any other story i could find about lookalikes switching places. the thing about this one is that we never fi...more
Jackie "the Librarian"
Laura cleans houses, and Willa is a rich girl who keeps getting kicked out of school. They could be twins! Of course, they meet, wish they had each other's lives, and trade places. And, unlike many of these stories, they really are happier in their new roles.
This is not a deep book, this is a fun teen girl story about following your dreams, whether they are to go to a great college, or to work on race cars for NASCAR. I read it in one quick gulp, and enjoyed the twist on a familiar story.
For te...more
Kellie
I think it is really good right now .i like how they are a rich and poor people because normally it is only rich people
Alana
Jessica Wellman offered a completely new take on the classic story of the The Prince and the Pauper. This one was about a housekeeper and a socialite, both wanting a different life. I liked both the characters and the plot was intweresting.
A total happily ever after book.
Kiersten
'Twas okay. To echo all the other reviews on here...just okay. And yes, it was cute. But not fantastic and not a story I will probably ever think about again, or recommend. Honestly, I was kind of surprised I picked it up in the first place...thus, i can't say it was a disappointment. But I didn't hate it.
Helen
Another prince/pauper, rags-to-riches, identical strangers switching places type tale. Had enough unique bits to keep it interesting, but other than that...no earth-shattering "moral of the story" that I was really able to glean. A fluffy bit of fantasy that was easy to read.
Liza Wiemer
SWITCHED really choked me up at the end! I really felt for Laura - one of the girls who "Switched" - A little bit of The Parent Trap and Cinderella - though the characters are not related. I definitely found this to be an enjoyable, fast, and satisfying read!
Heidi
I've had a string of good luck with the books I've read. I fell in love with the guy in this book. (I tend to do that with fictional characters... all of them EXCEPT THE STUPID TWILIGHT SERIES.. that's all. Just wanted to get that out)
Nic
Liked it. I always thought we had doppelgangers in the world, but in the same town? eeeh that must have been scary. Willa is like a total slob but she can word hard if she WANTS TO.. Laura.... she's okay too, too much of a worrier.
Nono
A bit of teenage fluff. The Prince and the Pauper only modern times and about girls. Not my normal cup of tea but a fun quick read. I was needing something light and easy and it filled the bill
Joyce
What a talented author! The storytelling is effortless, and the challenges facing the characters are believable. Where is the sequel? This story deserves to be continued.
Tiff
This was a cute, quick read. Nothing earth-shattering but I enjoyed the story. I think teen girls would enjoy it as well.
Tracie
Two girls from different sides of the track decide to switch lives when they discover how similar they are in looks.
Callie Yow
Apr 19, 2008 Callie Yow rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone
Recommended to Callie by: My best friend
I learned that no matter how impossible things seem, there is always a way out.
Michelle Chase
Average.. take it or leave it. Don't expect excellence though.
Vasha7
A routine but charming quick read.
Emma the Dork
worst. book. EVER. thats all.
Mel Guite
Mel Guite marked it as to-read
Jun 25, 2014
Danielle
Danielle marked it as to-read
May 24, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Second Skin Tell Me Who Andrew's Bright Blue T-Shirt Bunches of Fun The Chipster's Sister