Bedeviled Angel (Works Like Magick, #2)

Bedeviled Angel (Works Like Magick #2)

3.8 of 5 stars 3.80  ·  rating details  ·  415 ratings  ·  38 reviews
An enchanting new novel from a national bestselling sensation

Mass Market Paperback, 277 pages
Published August 3rd 2010 by Berkley

Penny Watson
Bedeviled Angel by Annette Blair (Quickie Review)

Oh, this book is fabulous! I can't believe Annette Blair made an agoraphobic heroine work, but she did. And the hero is delicious...I want one of his golden (and silver...hee hee hee!) feathers! The sweet, tender moments are to die-for. My favorite moment is when the heroine tosses the twins' uniforms out the window. Blair knows that little gestures like this make a big emotional impact. This book is charming, lusty, fun and sweet. And, it's got d...more
RomanceNovelNews.com
Review by Laurie Bratt for Romance Novel News

After dying eight years ago, Chance Godricson, a lovesick guardian angel, is chastised by his superiors for neglecting his caseload. He chooses to focus only on Queisha Saint-Denis, a woman he sacrificed himself for in a tragic building collapse.

The newest arrivals in this afterlife, called Everlasting, are a wealthy couple that had contracted Queisha as a surrogate mother for their six-year-old twin daughters. He knows that Queisha is named legal gua...more
Diane ~Firefly~
I liked that the heroine suffered from agoraphobia - that was a bit different. Cute story with a guardian angel falling for his charge and going to earth to help her through a bad time.

What I enjoyed:
* The world. Angel lies then he goes back to being an angel. The painting and Connor. Losing different colored feathers. Interesting.
* The sweet little family they formed.
* I like that they were pretty honest with each other.

What could have been better:
* I was surprised they held off telling the twi...more
Cindy
Good read - very little overlap to the previous entry in this series [Naked Dragon] so it could be read very easily as a standalone. I must admit that I liked Naked Dragon better, probably because I like dragons better than angels, but it is still an excellent read - full of her quirky characters, humor, and set in the small towns of New England.

Works Like Magick
#1 Naked Dragon
#2 Bedeviled Angel
#3 Vampire Dragon - due out April 2011
Cindyg
More 3.5 stars than 3 stars. It was an okay read for me, nice story but a bit depressing for my taste. I loved Chance, what an angel and Queisha was cool. I will read the next book in the series: Vampire Dragon.
Shannon
I really like Annette Blair & most of her other books, however, am giving up on this series - just too cheesy & dull for me.
Margaret
Product Description

An enchanting new novel from a national bestselling sensation

At the Works Like Magick employment Agency in Salem, Massachusetts, matching clients in need with magical temps is a piece of cake, especially since sexy Chance Gordricson also happens to be heaven-sent. He's Kenya Saint-Denis's guardian angel. And when he's hired to keep an eye on her and the two surrogate children she's become saddled with, he just might fall prey to temptation.

Bookaholics
Bedeviled Angel by Annette Blair
Paranormal Romance -Aug 3rd, 2010
4 stars

Annette Blair writes a fun, frothy romance. Big on laughs and with a huge heart. Bedeviled Angel is part of the Works Like Magick series but can easily be read by itself.

Chance is an angel with many human charges but there is one that he can't help thinking about all the time. The lovely and quirky Queisha Saint-Denis. Queisha has a big heart but lots of problems. The chief among them being that she seems to have inherited...more
Lynda Tatad
This is the 2nd book in Annette Blair's "Works Like Magic Series".

Vivica Quinlan runs the Works like Magic Employment Agency, and helps some unique individuals acclimate to the the town in Salem, MA. She can sense when magical creatures come across dimensions and is the one to find them and help them with necessatry papers and jobs. She's already helped some men who had originaaly been Romans centuries earlier that an evil sorcoress sent them to the alternate dimension as dragons. A good sorcor...more
Sandy M
Are you ready for a feel-good book? Then you need to read Annette Blair. And not just Bedeviled Angel, but any of her books will make you laugh and smile in and around the happy but serious lives of her characters. You always feel good once you’ve read the last page.

Chance is an angel assigned to look out for a number of folks who will need him at any give time, but his attention centers on Queisha, the woman he gave his life for. He’d been glad to do it at the time, has no regrets except for ma...more
Darcy
This is a tough one to rate as for part of the book is was so sweet, cheesy and schmaltzy that it drove me nuts, but then again those same qualities are what this author does best, this time around it was so hit or miss through the book. The beginning of the book was more miss, but the last half of the book was so much better. I am not sure if it was because by then I got used to it or if the book really was better.

Queisha (hated the name), is such a contrast, at times she was a fun free spirit...more
Priscilla
Chance Godricson saved Queisha's life and died in her place. He has spent the past few years as her guardian angel, falling in love with her more and more every day. When a major upset is coming to Queisha's life, Chance is sent back to earth by his angel friend, Angus. Given a job as Queisha's cook by the Works Like Magick employment agency, Chance woos his lady love, helping her accept her new family and recover from her agoraphobia. Chance is an angel on earth, complete with wings that lose f...more
Kristen
This was an okay book for what it was - a somewhat formulaic and predictable fluffy paranormal romace story.

Queisha Saint Denis is a quirky, creative agoraphobic who lives alone in a large house on an island where she is solitary, but able to manage her fear of the world. Until the twin girls she carried as a surrogate for a rich couple come back to her because of the parents unexpected death.

Queisa's not sure she's able to be the best parent to the girls, even though she loves them. Enter guar...more
Crystal
First, let me say that I'm not overly fond of having an angel for a H or h. At the same time, this one WORKED. How, I don't know. Maybe because the way it was developed. Not sure. Then again, it could have been the humor of his losing feathers all over the place.

That the h discovered her adoptive father was her biological father... and that her adoptive mother didn't take out her resentment on her (which could have happened - it's hard to be rational in the face of a betrayal of that magnitude)...more
Michelle
Great follow up to Naked Dragon, the first in the Works Like Magic, series. BA was a cute story, I loved the characters, the girls were wonderful additions. I did begin to feel a little claustrophobic during the story. Because Queisha is agoraphobic (can't leave her house) the entire story is told within the confines or her home and yard. That is amazing talent to be able to tell a story in such a small place but I did want the characters to get out into the world a little more. Other than that,...more
Jill
The author did a decent job letting you know what agoraphobia was. There is so much to the phobia- I know. I've suffered from agoraphobia for over for 17 years. other books that have a character with panic disorders tend to not even discuss it other than saying the character has it. Kudos for this author! As for the story, it's your basic romance that makes for a good summer read. I'm wavering between 2 and 3 stars, but since she did a good job with the agoraphobia, I'm giving it 3 stars.
Missyb
very cute, funny, very sweet ending, a little shocking but very sweet. The last 20 or so pages are shocking and sad, but has a happy ending. I like the characters. A little disapointed (or maybe confused) that this was the 2nd book in this series, yet it had nothing to do with the Dragonelli brothers. Only the employment agency & Vivica carried over to this book from the first book (Naked Dragon).
Cassie Osborne
This second book was just as fun as the first one. I love the flow and how it all happened. I think I will be reading some of her other series and seeing how they go. The angel wings where fun as was some of the other fun parts. It was interesting to see how things where and how they worked around everything. Fear is strong but was nice to see how she handled it in the book.
Shannon Ewing
I must be seriously pms-ing because this book made me cry, when I KNEW the formula insists that the ending would be a happy one. complete with the baby surprise. whateves, it passed the time. I liked it. It never promised to be anything but a romance novel, so i was not disappointed. plenty of juicy bits, even if they were interrupted by weird wing whompping.
Aurian Booklover
I adored this book. Of course, I cannot imagine what agoraphobia does to a real person, but I loved Queisha and Chance and the little girls. This book is written with so much passion, such real characters, such humor and love. You just have to keep reading.
The descriptions of the house, the many rooms there are, the angelic world. If only it could be real.
Jeannie Lopez
This is a great one to go with the others ..
Barbara ★
Guardian angel Chance Godricson does the unthinkable and falls in love with his charge, Queisha Saint-Denis. His angel friend Angus pushes him from the clouds in an effort to get Chance to realize his mistake only this backfires and Queisha falls for Chance. This is a true love story that will touch your heart.
Jordis Hill
The start was nice was it very quickly faded off. I got the impression that the author's first language isn't English. The flow was missing and it was hard to get engaged. Beside the fact that nothing ever happened. The girl and guy were in the house...that's it! Boring.
Ginger
it was ok...I am really not sure if I like her writing style. I think I liked the first works like magick better because of the B&B design, I really liked the house in this one too but I don't know that I would recommend these reads to anyone unless they just liked houses lol.
Penny
If you like rainbows and kittens and puppies and angels and so much sweetness that you'll rot your teeth then this is your book. I prefer a little reality. I like people to work for love and not have it handed to them.
Sandra
A good light-hearted read. Lots of emotions and sex. This is the second book in the "A Works Like Magick" novel. I liked the first book in the series better. First book is Naked Dragon. All in all, I like this series.
Lauren
I had no idea that this book is part of a series, let alone the second one. It works fabulously as a stand-alone story and now I want to read the others.
Karry
This was just amazing! I am so deeply touched by all the love in this book! Motherly love, Fatherly love, friendship love, every kind of love! Just AMAZING!
Stacy
Not sure if it's just my mood lately but I just didn't like this one nearly a much as I did the first.

Karen
Love it Love it Love it. I want an angel too!! Or at least a HOT guy with wings!!!!!
  • Whisper Kiss (Dragonfire, #5)
  • Cross Your Heart (Broken Heart,  #7)
  • Wild & Hexy (Hex, #2)
  • Concrete Savior (Dark Redemption, #2)
  • Mystical Warrior  (Midnight Bay, #3)
  • The Redeeming (Immortals, #5)
  • My Way to Hell (Hell #2)
  • Demon (The Fallen, #2)
  • Hex in High Heels (Hex, #4)
  • His Dark Bond (Fallen, #2)
  • Witch Heart (Elemental Witches, #3)
  • The Highwayman (Wicked Games #1)
  • Brink of Eternity (Guardians of Ascension, #2.5; Dawn of Ascension, #1)
  • The Taking (Seven Deadly Sins, #3)
  • Wolf Hills (Brotherhood of Blood #6)
  • Hotter Than Hell (Hell on Earth, #3)
  • Barely Bewitched (Southern Witch, #2)
196212
Annette Blair's romantic comedies owe their beginnings to a root canal and a reluctant trip to Salem Massachusetts. Though she had once proclaimed she'd never write a contemporary, she stumbled into the serendipitous role of Accidental Witch Writer on that trip. Funny how she managed to eat her words even with an aching jaw. Magic or destiny; Annette's Bewitching Romantic Comedies became her first...more
More about Annette Blair...
The Kitchen Witch (Accidental Witch Trilogy, #1) A Veiled Deception (A Vintage Magic Mystery, #1) Sex and the Psychic Witch (Triplet Witch Trilogy, #1) The Scot, the Witch and the Wardrobe (Accidental Witch Trilogy, #3) An Undeniable Rogue (Rogues Club, #1)