Start by marking “Hearts in the Crosshairs” as Want to Read:

3.86 of 5 stars 3.86  ·  rating details  ·  59 ratings  ·  9 reviews
She came for her inaugural address--and found herself dodging bullets, instead. Newly elected Maine governor Jillian Goff doesn't know why someone wants to kill her. But she knows they came close. Too close. Enter Dave Hutchins. A member of the state's Executive Protection Unit, Dave's mission is to protect the governor and find the would-be assassin. Without getting emoti ...more
Published October 1st 2009 by Steeple Hill Love Inspired Suspense (first published January 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Hearts in the Crosshairs, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hearts in the Crosshairs

Paula Hrbacek
By Susan Page Davis
Love Inspired Suspense

Jillian Goff has just been elected as the first female governor of Maine. Her late husband would have filled the job, but this strong woman has stepped into his shoes handsomely. At her inauguration, someone takes a sniper shot at her, nicking her cheek. Now the EPU, the state’s Executive Protection Unit, must keep her under constant security.
Dave Hutchins is the detective investigating the shooting. He meets with the governor twic
Janell
This line of simple, clean books from Steeple Hill have several elements in common: a simple mystery, a romance and a Christian message. Sometimes one of these elements can be a little top heavy but in this case, the storyline was pretty balanced - a fairly intriguing mystery, a low-key romance and a gentle Christian message.

Because these books are short and easy to read, they usually do not have a lot of depth but they can be fun when you want a short, quick read.
Geraldine Yates
Honor bound love

Exciting and fast paced story. Likeable characters. Character' trust in God proves to be warranted. Characters are bound by honor to behave with courage and determination.
OctoberWoman
I almost put this down unfinished. I found it a little boring, and not very suspenseful, at least until the very end. Part of it may be that I'm just not into politics, and the heroine of this book is a governor. At her inaugural address, she is shot at, and the rest of the book is about the investigation as the Executive Protection Unit tries to figure out who wants her dead. Our hero is one of the officers, and of course it is strictly against the rules to become involved with the person you a ...more
Ausjenny
Loved this book. Jillian has just be elected governor of Maine and someone tried to kill her. She has to have full time protection until the shooter is caught. I enjoyed the story and could feel Jillian's frustration of being guarded all the time. When I was reading the book and the descriptions of the Governors residence it reminded me of visiting Government House where the South Australian Governor resides and meeting him also. I like how I was kept on my toes not knowing how was after Jillian ...more
Ruth
Great Love Inspired Suspense. About a female governor of Maine and one of her bodyguards, aka a detective on the EPU force, Executive Protection Unit, assigned to protect her.
He is the epitome of the honorable, strong--not quite silent--type, the kind of guy who when wrongfully accused of something, keeps his mouth shut until he's vindicated. My kind of hero
Ishanie
The cheese was laid on a little thick but I finished it off anyway. I can't say that I read this one thoroughly though. I kind of skimmed over some parts. The plot was original but I could've done without the religious mentions...
Sfk
Very good. This book has a wonderful message about the importance of spiritualty and prayer and actually made me feel good. The book also had pretty good suspense and action .
Kay Card
Kay Card marked it as to-read
Apr 01, 2015
linda Morrison
linda Morrison marked it as to-read
Mar 24, 2015
Julia
Julia marked it as to-read
Mar 11, 2015
Cynthia
Cynthia marked it as to-read
Feb 27, 2015
Charlyn Green
Charlyn Green marked it as to-read
Feb 26, 2015
Sarah marked it as to-read
Jan 20, 2015
Bonnie
Bonnie marked it as to-read
Jan 14, 2015
Barbara
Barbara marked it as to-read
Dec 25, 2014
Rodrigo
Rodrigo marked it as to-read
Dec 24, 2014
Kaylene
Kaylene marked it as to-read
Nov 18, 2014
namericanwordcat
namericanwordcat marked it as to-read
Nov 03, 2014
Aimee
Aimee marked it as to-read
Sep 08, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
FROM AUTHOR'S WEBSITE: I'm a native of central Maine, and grew up on a small farm with a wonderful mom and dad, three sisters and a brother. Most of my books take place in small towns, many of them in Maine.

My husband, Jim, and I moved to his birth state, Oregon, for a while after we were married, but decided to move back to Maine and be near my family. We're so glad we did. It allowed our six ch
More about Susan Page Davis...
The Sheriff's Surrender (The Ladies' Shooting Club Series, #1) Love Finds You in Prince Edward Island, Canada The Lady's Maid (Prairie Dreams, #1) Frasier Island (Frasier Island Series #1) Lady Anne's Quest (Prairie Dreams, #2)