Start by marking “The Tao of Warren Buffett: Warren Buffett's Words of Wisdom: Quotations and Interpretations to Help Guide You to Billionaire Wealth and Enlightened Business Management” as Want to Read:
Preview

3.61 of 5 stars 3.61  ·  rating details  ·  319 ratings  ·  38 reviews
A collection of pithy and inspiring sayings from America's favorite businessman that reveal his secrets of success

Like the sayings of the ancient Chinese philospher Lao-tzu, Warren Buffett's worldly wisdom is deceptively simple and enormously powerful in application. In The Tao of Warren Buffett, Mary Buffett -- author of three books on Warren Buffett's investment method
Published November 21st 2006 by Scribner (first published 2006)

To ask other readers questions about The Tao of Warren Buffett, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Tao of Warren Buffett

Alfredo A.
Hi Mary and David :

So far my wife and I have done more than $144,000.00 in one year with just a $26 thousand stock investment . I owe it mainly, to studying hard all of Mary Buffet's books, specially the Tao of Warren Buffet, the best book I have ever read.

Thanks to your books Mary, I am getting rich and I have founded the Atwater School Of Buffettology. Right now I am looking for a government to sponsor the school. The school will be an internet federal higher education school for the whole wor
Bronislava Sencakova
Je to buď jednorazovka, ktorá neurazí, ale ani nenadchne, alebo sa dá brať ako breviár buffetTAOizmu, do ktorého denne nahliadneme, vyberieme si jeden citát a meditujeme nad ním v kontexte všedného dňa/podnikania. Pre mňa to bol zaujímavý čitateľský výlet.

Zbierka bufetovej Buffettovej múdrosti - spolu 125 krátych citátov, ktorých prečítanie zaberie asi 20 minút. Každý citát je opatrený omnoho dlhším komentárom autorov podaným buffettovskou optikou, takže aspoň prvé čítanie potrvá dlhšie. Niektor
Austen
The Tao of Warren Buffett is a rather simple book about a rather simple man. It delves into the main philosophy of Warren Buffett, his investing strategy, and random gems about becoming a successful person. The structure of the book is the format of (Quote, Analysis); an aphorism or short idea is presented at the top of the page and analysis for that quote is presented below it. I think the book could have proved more useful if it included more comprehensive, concrete investing advice and analys ...more
Ryotaro Nagasawa
Concise, to the point and easy to understand. Would've cherished more had I been more familiarized with Buffettology. I'd like to re-read once I've learned more about Buffett's thought process.
Evandro
Livro com escrita leve, meio despretensiosa, com frases e tiradas do Oráculo de Omaha.
Yiting Shen
Very quick read with 125 insights, majority of them are common knowledge indeed.

Conviction is based on what you know will happen, faith is based on what you hope will happen.

The chains of habit are too light to be felt until they're too heavy to be broken - Bertrand Russel

Proper investment approach is not intuitive - it is rational with the right temperament.

Some people can make decisions and some people can't. The ones who can will lead, and the ones who can't will follow.

What we learn from h
Siddhant Gala
The first book that I opened and got glued to it.
Martin
While I plow through Buffett's 1,000 page biography, I wanted another small complete quality dose of the man for some enrichment. This book completely delivered. It's practically a modern Ethics of the Fathers and would be insightful enough without the compilers' explanatory comments. Having those added is just another bonus to the overall quality of the book. We'll see if I can apply some of the lessons. Until then, I find Warren Buffett utterly fascinating.
JR
Ron and I listened to this one together and we liked it enough to start it over and listen a second time right after we finished it. If I have any quibbles, it is that the book makes it sound easy to do what Warren does. It isn't, or we'd all be rolling in dough. But, the advice is sound and worthy. I just have to learn how to make good use of it.

Audio version is read by my favorite narrator: Anna Fields.
Verena Wachnitz
Warren Buffett's investment philosophy is very valuable but this book is repetitive and superficial. I haven't searched but I believe most of the quotes of these book are available on the internet for anyone who cares to search... and the comments below are not extremely insightful. Maybe more concrete examples (there are a few but rather repetitive) would have added more value.
Jason
The subtitle pretty much says what needs to be said to understand what this book is about. My impression - from my perspective as a non-professional investor who is all-too-prone to a trading mentality - is that the type of long term, fundamental investing espoused in this book is much healthier for our country than overemphasis on short-term performance, technical analysis, etc.
Ferdi
Thanks for the wonderfully simple tips and wisdoms to cherish and follow. I am sure to apply some of those daily in my business and personal lives. One of my favorite quotes went like this: Number 117. "No matter how great the talent of effort, some things just take time: You can't produce a baby in one month by getting nine women pregnant"
Lucas Remmerswaal
Mary Buffett, has done a great job, this is a good little read and will help you to understand how Warren Buffett thinks about investing. But most it's important to understand how Warren Buffett thinks about habits, that's why I wrote the "13 Habits that made me Billions" series of books, to empower kids to make the world a better place.
Ryan
Nov 05, 2008 Ryan rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: adults
Shelves: thinker, non-fic
A quick read. A fair amount of redundancy. For someone that doesn't pay a lot of attention to the world of investments, it was a good read. It made me think more about my retirement plans and how the sooner I make a solid effort, rather than the passive effort I'm making now, the better off I'll (we'll) be. I recommend!
Ayoob Al Essa
الكتاب جيد لكن يعيبه كثرة تكرار الأفكار وهذا يجعله ممل + مضيع للوقت
ZhiBing Lovegood
Some very wise words here, even though it gets very repetitive especially with regards to the man's investing philosophy, but all the better to highlight the essence of this book. Everyone should read it because this world lacks common sense.
Efrem
This book is a compilation of quotes from Warren Buffett on different topics. Students of Buffett, called Buffetologists, provide their annotations on these quotes. There was value to me in his quotes and in their thoughts about them.
Babs
Very simply stated views on investing and life. As obvious as they may be they still needed to be stated... since most investment books build the savings accounts of brokers not of investers!
عادل خالد
لابأس به

كتاب جيد وان كنت اتمنى أن اقرأ النسخة الإنجليزية لأن الترجمة سيئة جدا وبالكاد تفهم بعض اجزاء الكتاب

يكفيك حكم وارن بافيت بالمال لو لم تكسب الا حكمة واحده من هذا الكتاب لكفتك

Morna
Nice quick read, nice quick refresher course. The thing that spoils it is that it's really someone else's interpretations. Still, fun to read the Buffet quotes. :-)
Noya
Now I know why Warren Buffet is one of the richest man on earth!!! A simple guy but with a big heart and no nonsense intelligence! A must read!
Zahraa Almarzooq
Such an amazing book to learn how to save more money on your wallet. I still read it you will learn a lot from it.
Mari
Great Great quick read full of fantastic insights into the world of money and life from THE MAN Mr. Warren Buffett.
Zahra
Very direct, straight to the point notes.. Thry will keep coming up to your mind from time to time..
Cale Stultz
Great way to understand Warren Buffett's views on investing and life quickly and in a fun way.
Curtis
It's not really written by buffet; It's a list of bite-size packets of wisdom. Pretty smart stuff.
The Scrivener's Quill
I almost completed the English version. It is a clever book. I would recommend it.
victoria hampton
If you want to learn how Warren Buffett thinks and makes decisions, this is your book.
Christiaan Happel
Pretty awesome, give us lots of knowledge and techiniques on finances.
Viraj
Listened to audiobook.
Simply great quotes and elaborations.
  • The Interpretation of Financial Statements: The Classic 1937 Edition
  • The Little Book of Value Investing
  • Soros on Soros: Staying Ahead of the Curve
  • Term Sheets & Valuations: An Inside Look at the Intricacies of Term Sheets & Valuations
  • The Motley Fool Investment Guide: How The Fool Beats Wall Street's Wise Men And How You Can Too
  • Financial Shenanigans: How to Detect Accounting Gimmicks & Fraud in Financial Reports
  • How Capitalism Will Save Us: Why Free People and Free Markets Are the Best Answer in Today's Economy
  • The Warren Buffett Portfolio: Mastering the Power of the Focus Investment Strategy
  • The Little Book That Beats the Market
  • 100,000 + Baby Names:The Most Complete Baby Name Book
  • It's Not What You Sell, It's What You Stand For: Why Every Extraordinary Business is Driven by Purpose
  • The Future for Investors: Why the Tried and the True Triumph Over the Bold and the New
  • Empire of Debt: The Rise of An Epic Financial Crisis
  • Who Are You Really and What Do You Want?
  • Value Investing: From Graham to Buffett and Beyond
  • The Essays of Warren Buffett: Lessons for Corporate America
  • The Road to Unafraid: How the Army's Top Ranger Faced Fear and Found Courage through Black Hawk Down and Beyond
  • The Essays Of Warren Buffett: Lessons For Investors And Managers
Buffettology: The Previously Unexplained Techniques That Have Made Warren Buffett the World's Most Famous Investor Warren Buffett and the Interpretation of Financial Statements: The Search for the Company with a Durable Competitive Advantage Warren Buffett's Management Secrets: Proven Tools for Personal and Business Success The New Buffettology: The Proven Techniques for Investing Successfully in Changing Markets That Have Made Warren Buffett the World's Most Famous Investor The Warren Buffett Stock Portfolio: Warren Buffett Stock Picks: Why and When He Is Investing in Them