Start by marking “The Muppet Show Comic Book: On the Road” as Want to Read:
The Muppet Show Comic Book: On the Road

The Muppet Show Comic Book: On the Road (The Muppet Show #3)

3.62  ·  Rating Details  ·  53 Ratings  ·  16 Reviews
Roger Langridge's celebrated run on THE MUPPET SHOW comic book begins a new, zany arc, The Muppet Gang takes a road trip in an attempt to discover if it is the performers of the theatre that comprise the heart and soul of the show; and Fozzie Bear takes his act to the streets-literally! All your favorites are backas THE MUPPET SHOW COMIC BOOK continues!
Published June 1st 2010 by BOOM! Studios

To ask other readers questions about The Muppet Show Comic Book, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Muppet Show Comic Book

Charity
I was disappointed that there was no rendition of "Movin' Right Along." Overall an amusing read. The highlight was the cover art located at end.
Quinn Rollins
At the end of The Muppet Show Comic Book: The Treasure of Peg-Leg Wilson, the Muppet Theater is destroyed. Blame Rizzo, Gonzo, Animal, and the usual explosive mayhem that usually accompanies the Muppets. So in their next outing, the Muppets need to hit the road.

The Muppet Show Comic Book is going on its second year of publication, and still going strong. The Muppet Show Comic Book: On The Road is the third trade paperback that collects Roger Langridge's stories. It's a good one, even if I wasn't
Sharon
Oct 03, 2010 Sharon rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Sharon by: sharon.passmore@yahoo.co.uk
Shelves: kids
From 'Boom Kids' the story is split into three parts with little separate cartoons throughout. My personal favourites are Beaker, the old men, Animal etc etc umm well thinking about it, the list goes on.
I love these comics because they bring back nostalgic memories of waiting in trepidation for the 'Muppet Show' to come on as a kid. I'm picking up even more of the humour now as an adult & nuances & interplay of characters are superb, especially in comic format, wonderful.
The book is ja
Joy
Jan 28, 2015 Joy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction-comic
The first segment is Fozzie pitching a Pigs in Space Movie.

For the other three segments, the Muppet Show goes on the road due to the damage to the theater in the last comic. Fozzie goes off solo while the rest of the gang performs in a country field (which reminds me of the train station TV episode). A comedian called Clint Wacky joins the show but he isn't that funny. And finally, the gang arrives back at the theater minus Fozzie while Gonzo runs a very strange marathon.

I really enjoy the Muppe
Regina
Mar 25, 2011 Regina rated it liked it
For those of us who love the Muppets and that awesome Henson-esque humor, this book was great. There were times that I felt as though I were watching an episode of The Muppet Show and who wouldnt love that?! However, that may be a drawback as well considering the fact that this series is being marketed to a generation who doesnt know the show or how it works. Seeing the familiar skits, "Pigs in Space" and "Muppet Hospital" were good for me but may go over the heads of the intended audience. All ...more
Andrew
May 05, 2015 Andrew rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Such Muppet. Much story. Very meh.
Josh
Jul 20, 2010 Josh rated it liked it
Several good jokes and the premise was fun and cute. But I think that there is a reason that comedy TV shows always have many writers. Its really hard to do good comedy with just one person because the point of view gets a little stale. I think that this has happened with this authors run on the comic book.
Thebruce1314
Still in the style of the show, great artwork, but somehow I didn't find this one quite as enjoyable as the first one. The storyline (Muppet theatre is under renovations, so they take the show on the road) felt a little overused and lame. Still, satisfying for Muppet fans who just want more!
Bryson Kopf
Solid installment of Muppet goodness; I think I liked the On the Road stuff a bit more, but always a joy to see more Pigs in Space. If you like Muppets, you should enjoy this!
John
May 30, 2010 John rated it liked it
Incredible artwork by Langridge, who also has the vocal patterns of the show down cold. Filled with really funny gags, but the story itself didn't do anything for me.
Angela
Not that good. Quite disappointing after the fairytale adaptations. It does have the odd giggle in it but not consistantly. And Gonzo is drawn weirdly.
Melissa
Oct 05, 2012 Melissa rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
A lot of the humor felt forced in this one. The illustration for Fozzie was a bit off, as well.
Andrew
Good for a chuckle. Plenty of old, bad jokes, just the way I like my Muppet Shows.
Snow
Apr 18, 2011 Snow rated it liked it
Shelves: childrens-comics
read for NoveList recommended reads list
Abraham Ray
May 03, 2012 Abraham Ray rated it it was amazing
Shelves: muppets
nice read about the muppets
Rebecca
Rebecca marked it as to-read
Jul 13, 2016
Brett Chatham
Brett Chatham marked it as to-read
May 24, 2016
Cyndy
Cyndy rated it liked it
Feb 09, 2016
Andrew Vickers
Andrew Vickers marked it as to-read
Feb 02, 2016
Sara
Sara added it
Jan 30, 2016
Mikebo
Mikebo added it
Jan 24, 2016
David Quintanilla
David Quintanilla rated it really liked it
Jan 09, 2016
Merav Hoffman
Merav Hoffman rated it it was amazing
Jan 08, 2016
Alison
Alison rated it really liked it
Sep 26, 2015
Nya
Nya rated it liked it
Aug 05, 2015
Loren
Loren marked it as to-read
Jul 25, 2015
Tiffany Overton
Tiffany Overton marked it as to-read
Jun 01, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Roger Langridge has been producing comics for over twenty years. Most recently, he has attracted critical attention for his work on the Harvey Award-winning Muppet Show Comic Book (Boom! Studios) and Thor: The Mighty Avenger (Marvel Comics); other works of note include Marvel's Fin Fang Four, Fantagraphics' Zoot! and Art d'Ecco (in collaboration with his brother Andrew), and the NCS, Ignatz, Eisne ...more
More about Roger Langridge...

The Muppet Show (6 books)
  • The Muppet Show Comic Book: Meet The Muppets