Start by marking “Mirror Dreams” as Want to Read:
Mirror Dreams

Mirror Dreams (Mirror Dreams #1)

3.99 of 5 stars 3.99  ·  rating details  ·  282 ratings  ·  14 reviews

Every dream you've ever had, and every dream yet to come, exists in the Kingdoms of the Void. Every nightmare, too. Because there has to be balance;it's the rules. But the Lords of Nightkeep aren't big on rules;only Conquest, Fear, and Eternal Darkness for All. It takes a powerful wizard like Laenan Kite to keep them in check. But Kite has other worries, and Nightkeep is g

Published July 1st 2002 by Little, Brown Book Group (first published 2002)

To ask other readers questions about Mirror Dreams, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mirror Dreams

The Da Vinci Code by Dan BrownThe Scarlatti Inheritance by Robert LudlumAlways Yours by Somi EkhasomhiThe Bourne Ultimatum by Robert LudlumAlice's Adventures in Wonderland & Through the Looking-Glass by Lewis Carroll
books ive read
75th out of 105 books — 7 voters
Stitch by Samantha DuranteSecrets of the Realm by Bev StoutThe Clay Lion by Amalie JahnSilent Treatment by Jackie WilliamsSwitch! The Lost Kingdoms of Karibu by Karen  Prince
Hidden Gems of the Young Adult Genre
383rd out of 471 books — 635 voters

More lists with this book...

*danielle*
I read this book at the same age as the author was when she wrote this and found myself extremely envious. This is a beautiful, humorous, moving story of Laenan Kite, who lives in Dream, and who in turn when he dreams comes to Earth. The problem? Dreamers on Earth are falling asleep and they're not waking up. Who will save the day? Laenan Kite of course, if a little reluctantly. I found myself thinking of Doctor Who when listening to Kite, he is the same sort of funny yet appealingly sad charact ...more
Julianna
I wish I could be as talented as Catherine Webb was when she wrote this.
I want to buy the next one so badly.
My favorite quote is (without doubt) this one : "C'était comme si une lumière s'allumait dans l'obscurité, mais qu'avant qu'elle apparaisse j'ignorais que j'étais dans le noir."

The characters are perfect (I thought Lisana was useless before I knew she was the legitimate queen). The universe is well described. I wish I was there instead of only being where I am now.
This book left me with ma
Sunette
Best. Book. EVER.

A believable hero (what with his endless supply of sarcasm, cynicism and dry humour), a kick-ass female protagonist and just the right mix of magic. Anyone who disagrees can answer to me. That's how awesome it is.
Merel
The best book I've ever read. It's absolutely amazing, everyone should read it.
Deirdre
The Kingdoms of the Void are created out of dreams, but no all dreams are pleasant, the nightmares have their own place. However nightmares and dreams fight for control of this world and now the forces of Nightkeep have killed the King of Dreams.

Laenan Kite has his own small kingdom. He's happy there, he's used magic and his dreams of our earth to create a paradise for himself, but now he's summoned for the inauguration of the new King.

When he gets to the central kingdom of dreams he finds that
Beth Clark
I loved this book, when i wasn't reading it i was thinking about it. A very easy read so perfect for my summer holiday this year (i only wish i hadnt finished it as quickly as it left me with nothing to read after).

I would describe it as a teen read however the language used leads me to think otherwise. at times i would be laughing out loud, the narritive is hilerious and i really related to the main character. and i loved how one aspect wasnt what i predicted.

the reason it only gets 4 stars fr
Luna
I remember reading this book long ago, when I was just 12. And I remember I loved it, I could recite whole pages from memory. It was certainly a perfect book for I child, I guess. I sort of want to read it again, but I'm really afraid I wouldn't like it as much as I did, now that I'm older. But still, I recommend it to every child around 12 ^^
Arielle Walker
Oh wow, this book used to be my absolute favorite when I was younger - until I lost it, I've lent it out to someone and cannot remember who, which worries me. Only just remembered about it, it's been over 5 years since I've seen it but I'm dying to re-read it!
Trish
I've pleaded the case for Catherine Webb/Kate Griffin before. This is the first book she got published at the grand old age of 14, and it had some really neat ideas.
Megan Holtmeyer-cole
This book is amazing and my favourite book of all time! I would recommend it to anyone!!!
Lucy Thorneycroft
I'm honestly not sure why but I really struggled to get through this book.
Nick Benson
Disappointing, confused/confusing, unclear premise, weak characterisation
Nikki
Very good, considering the age of the author. I had such envy of her.
Tiffany
Very good, easy read. The biggest issue is getting past the rare moments when age really shines through (there aren't many, but there are enough for me to remember them).
wintlers
wintlers marked it as to-read
Jul 31, 2015
Brian Maicke
Brian Maicke marked it as to-read
Jul 22, 2015
Alisha Torres
Alisha Torres marked it as to-read
Jul 22, 2015
Joanne
Joanne marked it as to-read
Jun 28, 2015
Angelia
Angelia marked it as to-read
Jun 28, 2015
Azumi
Azumi added it
Jun 19, 2015
Jamie
Jamie marked it as to-read
Jun 16, 2015
  • Time of the Eagle (Secret Sacrament, #2)
  • Spellfall
  • Les Dames du lac
  • A Bone From a Dry Sea
  • Amy Unbounded: Belondweg Blossoming
  • Spellhorn
  • Paths to Otherwhere
  • At the Crossing Places (Arthur Trilogy, #2)
  • Wizards: Magical Tales From the Masters of Modern Fantasy
  • From E to You
  • Thieves (Thieves, #1)
  • You & You & You
  •  Rule #1: Don't Touch Anything (Jumpman #1)
  • Bartlett and the Ice Voyage
  • The Scent of Magic (Doomspell, #2)
  • A Respectable Girl
  • Ghosts (Hex, #3)
Catherine Webb also writes under the name Kate Griffin and under the name Claire North
More about Catherine Webb...

Mirror Dreams (2 books)
  • Mirror Wakes
The Extraordinary and Unusual Adventures of Horatio Lyle (Horatio Lyle, #1) Waywalkers Timekeepers The Obsidian Dagger: Being the Further Extraordinary Adventures of Horatio Lyle (Horatio Lyle, #2) Mirror Wakes