Start by marking “Who Said Coo?” as Want to Read:
Who Said Coo?

Who Said Coo?

3.73 of 5 stars 3.73  ·  rating details  ·  99 ratings  ·  23 reviews
Lulu is one seriously sleepy pig. But every time she snuggles in her cozy bed, she’s disturbed by the noises of two naughty birds outside her window. Whoooooo…Coooooo….Lulu must find a way to get her wide-awake pals to pipe down. But as her frustration grows, will she be able to ask them nicely?Brimming with pitch-perfect rhymes, fun-to-say animal noises, and heaps of humo ...more
Published June 8th 2010 by Beach Lane Books

To ask other readers questions about Who Said Coo?, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Who Said Coo?

Scottsdale Public Library
A perfect tot's before nap or bedtime rhyming mystery. --Monty K.
Heidi
Ages 2-8

A disclaimer: This book was written by my aunt and illustrated by my mother, but according to my unbiased three-year-old, Who Said Coo? is hilarious, touching and memorable.

Lulu tries to get to sleep but is continually interrupted by two cheeky birds, Pigeon and Owl. Lulu learns that kindness is the best way to solve a problem. This book is not didactic, however, and it serves a number of purposes for parents and teachers. It makes a wonderful bedtime book-not too many words on the page
Katrina Yazzie
This book is amazing! The illustrations are cute and I really like the pig. You can read this book to little children and I bet they well like it and well be interested in reading it. The books uses the same vocabulary through the book so that the children will find it easier to read. It is a good rhyming book, it uses words that rhyme with other words. It's about a pig who is trying to sleep but 2 birds make a lot of noise and then later on invites them to hot cocoa. This shows that the pig was ...more
Melanie
Lulu the pig is all settled down for the night when suddenly she hears a coooo. Who said cooo? She asked Pigeon but pigeon didn't say a peep. Back in bed she hears a whooooo. Whoo said whooo? She asks Owl but owl doesn't say a hoot. Then someone says moooooo. Now she knows who it is and she isn't happy. But she learns a lesson in politeness.
Kris
Unexpectedly cuter than I thought it'd be! Lulu's room is all cozy and quiet (just the way she liked it) when someone somewhere says "Coo!" Lots of "oo" rhymes make this nice for preschoolers and kindergartners.
Stella
Loved the repeating lines, the different sound words adding more suspense to this book, little ones will be intrigued and older ones would appreciate reading it also with writers ' eyes.
Gwnhwyfer
Lulu the pig wants some sleep, but she has two friends that want some company! Cute, repetative text with large, bright pictures. It seemed like it was the short side, however.
Leona
pig can't get to sleep because all the animals are making noise. very cute pictures that seem toddlerish but story is a little too complicated for toddlers.
Soft, cozy pictures in lovely pastels and good facial expressions. Nice rhyming text. Great for a Good Night storytime. And there's a cute mouse!
Tricia
What a joyful and gentle book to readaloud...lulu the pig is tucked in for bed but hears some sounds. Would make a soothing bedtime read.
Donna Zakem
really cute bedtime book that I read to my twin three year olds. They really enjoyed making the noises as Lulu the pig tries to go to bed.
Angie
There is nothing wrong with this book per say, but it just wasn't one of my favorites. There are better books available.
Jen
This would be a great storytime read with the repetitiveness, the rhyme, the animal noises, etc. It has large pictures as well.
Angela
Adorable story that helps learn rhymes and tells a funny bedtime story. Our dog even seemed to enjoy it!
Jodie
Cute story that younger readers will enjoy. Rhyming text and big pictures for easy enjoyment.
Kim
Fun read-aloud with animal sounds, rhymes, gentle way to resolve conflict.
The Reading Countess
Whimsical artwork, predictable rhymes, cute ending-great for Youngest and me.
Erin
Wish I could send the rooster (alarm clock) away in the morning too!
Alicia
A simple, silly mystery with a cute ending.
Teresa
thanks ashley! a new favorite.
John
Nov 02, 2010 John added it
Great storytime read!
Katie
Cute, lots of rhyming.
Hussaina
Hussaina marked it as to-read
Dec 07, 2014
Cindy Williams
Cindy Williams marked it as to-read
Dec 02, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
A Whiff of Pine, a Hint of Skunk: A Forest of Poems Today at the Bluebird Cafe: Today at the Bluebird Cafe The Popcorn Astronauts: And Other Biteable Rhymes