Start by marking “A Gentleman Always Remembers (Willowmere, #2)” as Want to Read:
A Gentleman Always Remembers (Willowmere, #2)

A Gentleman Always Remembers (Willowmere #2)

3.81  ·  Rating Details  ·  883 Ratings  ·  46 Reviews

New York Times bestselling author Candace Camp’s delectable Willowmere series continues with the story of the accomplished and pretty widow who takes on the American Bascombe sisters for their London debut—only to discover that, when it comes to love, she is the one who is unprepared.

Married young to a charming but improvident army officer, Eve Hawthorne was widowed with l
Published May 25th 2010 by Pocket Star

To ask other readers questions about A Gentleman Always Remembers, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Gentleman Always Remembers

Leah

I am extremely disappointed in this book. I won the first of the series in the Goodreads First Reads and really enjoyed it, giving it four stars. Also, I really look forward to reading the third book about Vivacious Vivian and Responsible Oliver. Taking all that into account, I was looking forward to reading this book, especially since I'd liked the excerpt I had read. Well, the excerpt was from chapter one and it all went downhill from there.

My biggest problem with the book was the he
Fernanda
Aug 14, 2013 Fernanda rated it really liked it

e continua a saga sobre as irmãs Bascombe.... só que nesta historia o foco principal é a sua acompanhante.

historia de leitura rápida mas não menos interessante por isso.
as cenas de encontros e desencontros tornam a historia muito engraçada.

sem duvida uma leitura agradável e de deixar um sorriso nos lábios!
Kristy
Jul 29, 2011 Kristy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The thing I liked most about this book, is that Fitz, the eternal bachelor, had no qualms about falling in love. In the beginning of the book, he had no interest in marriage or responsibility. But once he started falling in love with Eve, he had no problem going with it. He didn't fight it like all the other men seem to do in these types of books. He let himself fall in love and then couldn't wait to marry her. I liked that. No hesitance on his part.

Just as I said in my review for the A Lady Nev
Jess
Jun 06, 2010 Jess rated it liked it
I didn't like this one as much as the first. I'm not really sure why, I think it's just that the main storyline between Fitz and Eve didn't take up enough of the book for my tastes. There was a lot going on in the background, and a lot of different subplots.

I liked the interactions between Fitz and Eve though, they were pretty entertaining I just think there wasn't enough of it. Also, the plot that they were involved in with the letters and the watch was a little boring to me.

I hope the next boo
Lori
May 12, 2010 Lori rated it it was amazing
A Gentleman Always Remembers is an enjoyable, pleasant romance driven by interesting characters. Candace Camp shows what a master she is at character development with this novel. I was not sure at first if I was going to like Fitz, the hero of the book, but he shows lots of growth and maturing that redeemed him for me. He went from being selfish to displaying responsibility for his family. The secondary love story is as enjoyable as the main one, and there is lots going on to keep you interested ...more
Vivian
Nov 16, 2011 Vivian rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance-hist
Charming.

Unexpected houseparty with guests dropping in (literally and figuratively), the measles, busybodies, and rakes gone straight. Camp has good character development, an endearing cast, tempered humor and sweet emotions. An intriguing mystery that stirs the pot moves things along beyond mere relationships.

Overall, it leaves you smiling.
Shelly Ash
Jun 13, 2010 Shelly Ash rated it it was amazing
A Gentleman Always Remembers is an excellent historical romance! There was a lot of interaction between the characters which added depth and intrigue. A real page-turner. I can't wait to read the next story in Candace's Willowmere series, An Affair Without End. I really enjoyed this book and couldn't put it down! 5 Stars
Michelle
Jun 13, 2010 Michelle rated it really liked it
This book was a wonderful novel. I enjoyed the interactions between Even and Fitz (though I wish there was more interaction); however, I still loved it. There were a bunch of little sub plots, and they were all very interesting. Overall the book was a cute-must read book.
Colleen
Jul 08, 2013 Colleen rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
New world Americans reclaiming their aristocratic British heritage. From out of the ashes rise up some very sensual relationships! I found this to be a delightful romp and eager to finish reading the series. She's introduced a lot of women who need to find their match!
Donna
May 26, 2010 Donna rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. I cant wait for the last book in the series. Eve and Fitz were both delightful and it was great to see Fitz realize that there was nothing wrong with being an adult!! I love the little added supense and plot twist in these. books.
Amy
Nov 29, 2010 Amy rated it it was amazing
What a wonderful adventure this was to share with such dynamic characters. I loved the humor, character development, and warmth. Can't wait for the next one in the series and hoping it won't be the last!
Kassie
Jul 13, 2010 Kassie rated it liked it

Enjoyed this story....but I'm getting tired of reading romances...guess I need a little more variety....will have to go for the third in this series much later!!!!!
Lesley
Sep 03, 2014 Lesley rated it really liked it
this is as good as the first in the series. Easy to read and fast paced - I couldn't put it down.
Rosa
Jan 14, 2016 Rosa rated it really liked it
Shelves: easy-reads, reviewed
On the one hand, I'm not sure it really deserves a four star rating. On the other, I enjoyed it so much I don't care how objectively good it is. This series is weirdly addictive, and I am in exactly the right mood to enjoy the cracky drama and love square among the supporting characters (the best place for love polygons for any shape). The relationship between the sisters and ladies is wonderful, and the dialogue is, as always, superb. I would read the book for the dialogue alone tbh.

So again: c
Beth Johnson
Apr 05, 2015 Beth Johnson rated it really liked it
Shelves: hea, 2015-reads
I really liked the relationships in this novel, especially the way the two main characters developed. I think the two younger Bascombe sisters are still a teensy bit flat but getting better. (Frankly, I'm glad Rose and Lily have already been married off. They weren't very interesting as written.) The main flaw in this story was the entire mystery -- the whole thing felt contrived just to add tension when the rest of the story was more than enough (seriously, without spoilers, SO MUCH happened in ...more
Yukino
Dec 11, 2014 Yukino rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: miei, 2014
Serie Willowmere n. 2

Lettura di gruppo E&L

Non vedevo l'ora di leggerlo. Volevo sapere come si sarebbero evolute le storie delle sorelle Bascombe. L'inizio però non è stato scoppiettante. Mi aspettavo più divertimento e più coinvolgimento delle regazze, ma una si è già sposata e tornata in America, l'altra si sposa all'inizio del libro e poi non la vediamo più. Così rimangono le due sorelle minori. La protagonista però è la loro chaperon. Amica di Vivian, vedova da due anni e il marito avendo
Edith
Feb 19, 2011 Edith rated it it was amazing
The book was fantastic. Love the aurthor she knows how to write books.
Lynn Futch
May 09, 2011 Lynn Futch rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyed this one also. I think she is a new favorite author.
Kindaangelic
Jun 15, 2010 Kindaangelic rated it really liked it
Liking this series....looking forward to the next one..
Moonlight Reads
Mar 23, 2013 Moonlight Reads rated it really liked it
Please read our full review at www.moonlightreads.com.
Lyra Rose
Jul 07, 2010 Lyra Rose rated it really liked it
Find my review at http://lyraroses.blogspot.com
Shalon
Jun 10, 2010 Shalon rated it really liked it
not as good as the first one...
Sharonceo
charming.....sensational
Amy
May 12, 2014 Amy rated it really liked it
A good read.
Danielle
Aug 11, 2010 Danielle rated it liked it
I found myself liking this book much more than the first book of the series. I don't know if its because for most of the book, the somewhat annoyingly headstrong Bascombe sisters were not the focus. Or maybe its because there were only two Bascombe sisters left? All I can say is that this book is a step forward from A Lady Never Tells. And from the looks of it the next book an Affair Without End will be the best book of them all.

Fitz Talbot, half brother of Oliver Talbot, the Earl of Stewkesbu
Jessica
Sep 10, 2012 Jessica rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
Candace Camp retains her status as a delightful read with this story about Eve and Fitz. It's part of her Bascombe Sisters series although oddly enough, the Bascombe sisters take a back seat to the solemn widow, Eve.
After losing her military husband, Eve has no choice but to return to her father's home, a distasteful circumstance the longer she spends under the critical eye of her stepmother. Soon she finds escape, as a chaperone to the Earl of Steweksbury's precocious American cousins. High on
Linda
Feb 05, 2016 Linda rated it liked it
A little mystery added to the love story. Book 2 of a series.
Alicia
Oct 08, 2015 Alicia rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2015
3.5

Enjoyable romance and a nice series in general.
Emily S.
Jun 20, 2010 Emily S. rated it it was ok
Shelves: romance
Very much the same reaction I had to the first book in the series...Meh. Just so overdone and everything turns out so nicely. *shakes head* It's all the same, I tell you!!! Romance writers need to come up with an original idea (and don't tell me they don't exist because I'm a writer too and they DO. You just have to work for them.) and go with it. I'm waiting for the next great romance and still haven't found it. Had high hopes here, but was disappointed.
Annalynn
Aug 02, 2010 Annalynn rated it liked it
I enjoyed this, although I found myself looking forward to the couple who I can only assume will feature in the next book in the series more than the actual featured couple. It took me way longer than I felt it should have to finish it. I would step away for a bit and read something else in the meantime. I would give this 2.5 stars if I could, 2 is too low, though, so I bumped it to three.
  • Seducing an Angel (Huxtable Quintet, #4)
  • Rule's Bride  (Bride's Trilogy, #3)
  • The Virgin's Secret
  • Scandal Becomes Her (Becomes Her, #1)
  • A Woman of Virtue (Lorimer Family & Clan Cameron #3)
  • Rules of an Engagement (Adventurers’ Club, #3)
  • Never Trust a Scoundrel (Sons of Scandal, #1)
  • Lady Beware (Company of Rogues, #14)
  • An Earl to Enchant (The Rogues' Dynasty #3)
  • Memoirs of a Scandalous Red Dress (Bachelor Chronicles, #5)
  • Seducing the Heiress (Heiress in London, #1)
  • How to Seduce a Duke (Royle Sisters, #1)
  • A Duke's Temptation (Boscastle #10; The Bridal Pleasures #1)
  • Rushed to the Altar (Blackwater Brides #1)
  • The Confessions of a Duchess (The Brides of Fortune #1)
Candace Camp is the New York Times bestselling author of over sixty books.

Her first novel, *Bonds of Love*, was published by Jove Publishing in 1978, under the pseudonym Lisa Gregory. Two pseudonyms (Kristin James and Sharon Stephens)and many books later, Candace writes under her own name Candace Camp and still loves creating stories.

Candace lives in Austin, Texas, with her husband and is the mot
More about Candace Camp...

Willowmere (3 books)
  • A Lady Never Tells (Willowmere, #1)
  • An Affair Without End (Willowmere, #3)