Entrapment

Entrapment

3.35 of 5 stars 3.35  ·  rating details  ·  151 ratings  ·  29 reviews
Happily in love, Bliss Taylor and Tamra Gray are absolutely certain that their boyfriends’ hearts lie in the palms of their hands. Their friend Annie, however, begs to differ. Thus a wager is born, where hearts and pride are put on the line, and the games are officially begun.

Under the guise of a chat room welcoming incoming foreign exchange students, Bliss and T...more
Published June 22nd 2010 by Margaret K. McElderry Books (first published May 20th 2009)

Jennifer Wardrip
Reviewed by Lauren Ashley for TeensReadToo.com

First off, I have to say that I really did enjoy this book. I'd never read a whole story that was told through chat or IM (though many of you will know the TTYL series by Lauren Myracle). This type of writing makes the book go by fast, which is a good thing sometimes...especially if you are looking for an amusing, quick read to fill your time. It would also be great for semi-readers (the ones that only crack a book every now and then) as it would hop...more
Carmen Yeung
Nov 15, 2011 Carmen Yeung rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: highschoolers
Although this book was mostly with dialogues, but it was still hard to read. It started with this two cute couples named Beau and T, Mitch and Bliss. Those couples are way different, Beau is football player and T is a smart girl, while Mitch is a chess player and Bliss is a cheerleader. Over the summer, those girls made a deal with Annie who has huge hatre torward guys, because she broke up with one she loved most. The deal was that T and Bliss is suppost to pretend they are going away and maki...more
Alexandra
(my YA Galley pre-published review)

The most compelling aspect was the looming question of if, or when, the boys would find out who the foreign exchange students in the chat room were. There was also the extra little story line of what happened to Annie in her past relationship and what was going to happen in the future between her and Johnson.

I was not disappointed with this book to a great extent, except for the ending, because the characters all resolve their conflicts with each other without...more
Sierra Randolph
Jul 10, 2013 Sierra Randolph rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: high school students
While I'm not in love with it, I do enjoy the very streamlined way of reading it.

Two major things stick out for me: the relationship drama and the gender stereotypes. The former I can live with (in small doses), as it can be a very memorable and/or inspiring time in one's life. The latter, however, bugs me to no end. While I don't expect every person to treat every other person with respect, I do expect at least one person to not be a talking stereotype.

Without going off on a rampage, I'll just...more
Camila
Alana
Toufiq
This book was quite a fun to read. It reminded me of 'me' as I did the same thing that Annie did here in the name of experiment. I was lonely, cynical and a bit rough then.

Well, to come back to the original story here- The idea and plotting were charming. Though it was not developed properly in the middle-game. Do men fall in love on net so easily? Do they?? Mitchell, being a chessman, should have guessed the game. But then again, people lose their usual IQ in love or they lose love to their IQ...more
natasha
This book has a nice idea of having it all written in chat form, but it wasn't executed well. These characters weren't realistic and it was hard to connect with them. They are SO stereotypical that it kinda hurts. Nobody talks like that, okay. The whole plot was pretty pointless and predictable. This would never happen. I'm all for a good fantasy story or whatever, but this wasn't even exciting. The ending was disappointing and it was just a waste of time in my opinion. I don't even know why I s...more
Valerie
It was an interesting and quick read, but I don't feel that there's a lot to say about this book. I liked that it was done in email and occasional text format. I just didn't find myself believing the ''real'' relationships. I also didn't relate to the characters. Annie drove me absolutely CRAZY. Mitchell was... well... meh. The only character I really liked was Beau. Unless we're counting the ''fake characters,'' then I liked Bridget.

It's memorable simply for the fact that it had a unique format...more
Kayla

I've never reviewed a book before, so this will probably be fairly short and horribly written. I only gave this book three stars, not because of its plot or characters, but because it was difficult to read some of the "text talk." I think this book would have been better if there was more then just the IM's, like paragraphs after the chats in each persons point of view? I don't know. It just seemed like she had a great plot idea but didn't develop it enough.
I saw this in a bookstore and was intrigued by the idea of a book written in chat. It was a pretty interesting read. I thought the charachters sometimes seemed a little 'old' for high school, but it's been a number of years since I've been in HS so I could be wrong. I didn't like how it ended. It seemed like it was leading toward self discovery and change and at the end of the book I couldn't see that the charachters had really changed much.
Renaissance
sometimes annoying i love the annie character and her uncle jerry blog aww i knew johnson and her are going to be together and dont particularly like the other two girls and the other two boys foreign stuff cool how the entire book is in chat format though it was a bit confusing at times
Sherrybaby
Samantha
Honestly, getting through this book was painful. The plot does not move anywhere, and none of the characters are likeable. The main idea of the book is okay, but the book itself has very little potential. I did not like this book at all.
Crystal
totally reminded me of something my friends and i did/would do. though it never turned out like this! haha.. be careful while testing, you might not like what happens when you get the answers...
Sabrina
This was all in chat so it was interesting to read! Kinda hard at times but okay. Wasn't the best overall but had a cute story line...
Casey
The writing was funny and hard to put down. I liked the characters and the story, how ever predictable it was.
Ifahh
It was a good storyline, but the ending was quite... meh. Would've expected more.
Carrie Felton
it was really funny and reminds me of the ACTUAL guys at school
:D
Ruthie
Lauren Lee
entertaining
similar to the ttyl series by lauren myracle
Summer
SSSSSSOooooooo funny!!!!!!! i Loved it!
~Emily~
amazing and super funny!!!
Miranda M
My FAVORITE BOOK EVER!!!
Bella
Jul 15, 2009 Bella rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: teens
this book was hilarious!!!!!
Maya
Pretty good read !
Shannon
Shannon marked it as to-read
Jul 30, 2014
  • The Market
  • Wicked Jealous
  • Rocky Road
  • Snow Queen
Michael Spooner is the author of several books for teens, including Entr@pment, Daniel's Walk, and Last Child. He lives in Logan, Utah.
More about Michael Spooner...
Last Child Daniel's Walk A Moon in Your Lunch Box Old Meshikee and the Little Crabs: An Ojibwe Story The Legend of the Snowshoes: An Ojibwe Story