Start by marking “Daily Readings from Your Best Life Now: 90 Devotions for Living at Your Full Potential” as Want to Read:

In his #1 New York Times bestseller Your Best Life Now, Joel Osteen reassures readers that living life to the fullest potential is within their reach. He speaks of realizing the power of thoughts and words, and turning adversities into opportunities for growth.
Now, in this devotional, Joel prepares readers to embrace the life God intends for them to enjoy. Joel's 90 days
Published November 3rd 2009 by FaithWords (first published October 1st 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Daily Readings from Your Best Life Now, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Daily Readings from Your Best Life Now

Lori
Jul 08, 2009 Lori rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction
Loved this book! It was very inspirational. The talk was very positive; almost forcing you to want to live a better life. It's just what you need to kick-start yourself into being a better person and even helping you get through a tough situation. A must read!
Michaelbatte
Nov 22, 2008 Michaelbatte rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone who wants to improve their outlook on life
Short Bible passage & one or two page commentary followed by short prayer - renewed from library & would love to own a copy - I enjoy him on tv on Sunday evenings at 11pm channel 33 - he gives a thirty minute sermon that is almost always uplifting for me - I never was a person who watched church on tv before, but I discovered his program in June while channel surfing & try to catch it every week now.
Karen
Dec 30, 2008 Karen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is probably the BEST devotional book I've ever read/used. If you want to begin every day encouraged, full of hope and ready to face the day in victory...READ this one! Excellent!
Chris
Aug 14, 2013 Chris rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Joel's book contains 90 devotionals of about three to five pages in length. I found the devotionals useful, but knowing that he comes from a mega church background, I felt I wasn't going to get real in-depth devotionals concentrating on passages from the Bible. Bible passages were included each day, but sometimes I had trouble seeing the connection between the passage for the day and the devotional he was including with it. At the end of each devotional, there is a prayer. However, I'm not sure ...more
Matthew
May 29, 2013 Matthew rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Read Day One This Morning and was touched by how appropriate the words and wisdom were for exactly where I am in my life-path. Books like this tend to be good or bad based on what you read into them and I am REALLY Trying to read this in the best possible light and learn from the wisdom this preacher has to offer since our underlying theologies and approaches towards understanding what God is up to in the world from what I have understood is SO DIFFERENT.

As is our approach to scripture which see
Amanda
Dec 10, 2012 Amanda rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Willing to overlook the skewed theology and look at it for what it has to offer Christians. It's listed in the Inspirational/Devotional category and not the Theology section. Originally when I got this as a gift I didn't want to read it due to the fact that seminarians view some of what he says as heresy. It's up to me to personally distinguish what I can and cannot take out of this book regarding faith. So I did two things as I read it: underlining what could be taken as skewed or off theology. ...more
Tyrenee
Jan 28, 2014 Tyrenee rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book has been instrumental in changing my life. I have included it in my Devotional Time and journal to each devotional. I have also written about some of the devotionals that especially impacted me. You can check out my response to some of those devotionals at http://www.trc38.blogspot.com I have highly recommended it to friends and others I've met along the way. If you are looking for a tool to guide you into a more positive, God-focused way of thinking and living, this book is for you!

T
Judy Collins
Aug 23, 2013 Judy Collins rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have read many of Joel Osteen books over the years; however, purchased the audio book as a refresher. It is a short yet powerful read which comes at a perfect time in my life when I need to think “bigger”. In addition reiterates how we should look for ways to help others and by doing so opens up our hearts for abundance --do not continue to dwell on negatives as this is what we continue to bring into our lives, but the positives to open our minds and hearts for good things to come. An inspirat ...more
Jenny
Mar 27, 2008 Jenny rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a christian based book, but really just talks about livinh in the here and now and choosing what/who you want to be. Not something you read front to back, you open it to any page a few times a day or once a day and read the 2 or 3 pages of that devotion. I am finding it to be very powerful and rewarding. A very good read!
Adira
This was a much needed dose of inspiration. I like Joel Osteen's approach to religion. It's less guilt based and more person driven. If you want a good daily devotional pick this one up.

Reread in 2016.
Armand
Mar 30, 2010 Armand rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Truly Inspiring. Osteen has a way of quoting verses from the bible without it sounding like an evangelical hip hip hooray chant. He succeed in making us look at the power of the words behind it and with prayers can only make us act with faith to achieve the best life possible.
Cookie
Aug 02, 2014 Cookie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a wonderfully inspirational book. Joel has this way of showing you things and explaining them in a very loving, caring way. Makes you WANT to try harder, be a better person, and so forth. Love all his books!
Kitty
Sep 30, 2007 Kitty rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Henry
This book is shows us to have a better thought about how God want us to live in this world.
Starting to have faith, to have a right image of ourselves, and how to overcome bitternes and dissapoinment in our lives.

Really a must read book =)

Anita
Oct 06, 2008 Anita rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A good devotional book. Like all devotionals, some points really hit home so I will keep it around and look back when I need some encouragement.
Lisa LaMendola
May 12, 2010 Lisa LaMendola is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
Every day I learn something more about my self. Each passage for each day talks to ME. Fabulous....
Kerry O'Reilly
Never actually finished. Sent to a friend who I thought would need it even more. That counts as finishing...right?
Barbara
Oct 24, 2008 Barbara rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a book that you can read one chapter at a time and then when finished, just start over again.
Peggy
Dec 23, 2014 Peggy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed reading a small section each day. The messages are very positive and a great uplift.
Tina
Mar 02, 2009 Tina rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a really good devotional. My mom gave it to me. I had never been a fan of Osteen before, and I'm not sure I would seek out his work after this one. But it is an excellent devotional.
William
Nov 04, 2015 William rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love Joel's Sunday messages, his email devotionals, and this book was no deviation from his usual wisdom and wit. I love this man's messages, mind, and soul.
Carri
May 10, 2013 Carri rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2013
I like Joel, it just took me a really long time to finish this. It was all pretty repetitive, which i think was the point. Just was not really for me.
Janelle
Jul 09, 2008 Janelle rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very uplifting, it inspires hope - yet I can't get past his ideas of goodness equaling material prosperity.
Mary
Mary rated it it was amazing
Jun 21, 2016
Kimberley Coleman
Kimberley Coleman rated it it was amazing
Feb 05, 2014
Alicia Toliver
Alicia Toliver rated it did not like it
Dec 01, 2016
Jill
Jill rated it it was amazing
Dec 23, 2016
Sandi
Sandi rated it really liked it
Feb 26, 2013
Rochelle
Rochelle rated it it was amazing
Nov 22, 2011
Isaac Omongin
Isaac Omongin rated it it was amazing
Apr 12, 2016
Peachy
Peachy is currently reading it
Aug 09, 2007
  • God's Power to Change Your Life
  • Love Your Life: Living Happy, Healthy, and Whole
  • The Prayer That Changes Everything: The Hidden Power of Praising God
  • God's Leading Lady
  • The Everyday Life Bible: The Power of God's Word for Everyday Living
  • The God Catchers: Experiencing the Manifest Presence of God
  • 100 Ways To Simplify Your Life
  • Pathway to Purpose for Women: Connecting Your To-Do List, Your Passions, and God's Purposes for Your Life
  • Right People, Right Place, Right Plan: Discerning the Voice of God
  • David: 90 Days with A Heart Like His (Personal Reflections Series)
  • Drawing Near: A Life of Intimacy with God
  • A Jewel in His Crown: Rediscovering Your Value as a Woman of Excellence
  • Experiencing the Heart of Jesus: Knowing His Heart, Feeling His Love
  • His Princess Bride: Love Letters from Your Prince
  • You Are Not What You Weigh: End Your War With Food and Discover Your True Value
JOEL OSTEEN is the author of seven New York Times bestsellers. He is the senior pastor of America's largest congregation, Lakewood Church in Houston, Texas. More than 45,000 people attend services there every week. His televised messages are seen by more than 10 million viewers each week in the United States, and millions more in 100 nations around the world. His 24-hour channel on SiriusXM Satell ...more
More about Joel Osteen...

“God usually meets us at our level of expectancy. That’s why, in many ways, your expectations will set the boundaries for your life. Jesus said, “According to your faith . . . be it done to you.” 0 likes
“This is going to be a good day! I believe my dreams are coming to pass. God has great things in store.” 0 likes