The PDQ (Pretty Darn Quick) Vegetarian Cookbook

The PDQ (Pretty Darn Quick) Vegetarian Cookbook

3.55 of 5 stars 3.55  ·  rating details  ·  47 ratings  ·  10 reviews
More than 240 healthy and easy no-prep recipes for creating delicious meals-in 30 minutes or less. No chopping, peeling, slicing, coring, seeding, whipping, or blending required From appetizing hors d'oeuvres to impressive desserts, from casual weeknight suppers or elegant dinner parties, The PDQ Vegetarian Cookbook is bursting with great-tasting recipes that eliminate the...more
Published December 7th 2004 by HP Books

To ask other readers questions about The PDQ (Pretty Darn Quick) Vegetarian Cookbook, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The PDQ (Pretty Darn Quick) Vegetarian Cookbook

Kecia
This cookbook suffers from a lack of photographs and a lack of good recipes. I would have liked fewer recipes and more photos. I tried 2 recipes and I'll admit that they were both QUICK and the were both EASY. The problem was that they were not all that great.

First I tried the white bean with blue cheese salad. I threw this together in less than 5 minutes for lunch. It was just OK. I ate it but I won't be making this again.

Then I tried the linguine with feta and mint. Luckily I had some really...more
Becky Koski
This book has a ton of great ideas for quick, easy meals that are relatively healthy. For those that are new to eating vegetarian, it can be a great help. A lot of the recipes can be modified to be vegan or gluten free if need be. The thing I use this book for the most - ideas when I don't have much time to cook dinner, and for quick appetizers when going to a party. Also, the "Enlightened mac'n'cheese" with nutmeg, cayenne and tomatoes has become a staple in my house - we modified the spices (w...more
Amy
Jun 07, 2010 Amy rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: those enjoying vegetarian food
Recommended to Amy by: found on amazon.com
Shelves: food
Great vegetarian and vegan recipes. I really like this cookbook because it doesn't use "weird" ingredients, don't get this book for "frou-frou" fancy dishes. Busy cooks will like this book to because you don't have to chop, peel, slice, core, or seed any vegetables. Nutritional analysis is also included. The only thing I don't care for is that there are no photos, but that isn't a big deal.
Wanda
I finally bought a copy of this book, as I had borrowed it from the library so many times. I appreciate the "quick" aspect and many of the recipes appeal to me. Everything I have tried so far is good (really recommend the Black Bean Tacos). And I am successfully getting my blood pressure under control, so mission accomplished!
Tamara Evans
I liked that it divided recipes by vegetarian, lacto-ovo and vegan. I also found it helpful that it provided way to substitute items if you were vegan.
Jill
Good premise and some wonderful ideas to get a delicious meal on the table quick. I do wish there were more breakfast ideas.
Christina
I love the quick recipes in this book and the ones we've tried, they're delicious! Josh especially liked the Taco Casserole.
Julie Doherty
A wide variety of vegetarian recipes. Just wish there were some pictures..... I love photos of the dish!
Michelle
Feb 02, 2012 Michelle rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Vegans, vegetarians, veggie lovers, animal lovers, health-conscious
Just what I have been looking for! No-frills, no-meat, straightforward pantry cooking.
Beth
Found a few recipes I'll try out.
Victoria
Victoria marked it as to-read
May 16, 2014
Kristy
Kristy added it
Sep 10, 2013
Annabelle
Annabelle marked it as to-read
Apr 02, 2013
Jessica Barclay
Jessica Barclay marked it as to-read
Jan 19, 2013
Sreevidhya
Sreevidhya marked it as to-read
Jan 09, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
The Mediterranean Vegan Kitchen Supermarket Vegan: 225 Meat-Free, Egg-Free, Dairy-Free Recipes for Real Peoplein the Real World Vegan Italiano: Meat-free, Egg-free, Dairy-free Dishes from Sun-Drenched Italy The Tropical Vegan Kitchen: Meat-Free, Egg-Free, Dairy-Free Dishes from the Tropics The Gluten-Free Vegetarian Kitchen: Delicious and Nutritious Wheat-Free, Gluten-Free Dishes