Start by marking “The PDQ (Pretty Darn Quick) Vegetarian Cookbook” as Want to Read:
The PDQ (Pretty Darn Quick) Vegetarian Cookbook

The PDQ (Pretty Darn Quick) Vegetarian Cookbook

More than 240 healthy and easy no-prep recipes for creating delicious meals-in 30 minutes or less. No chopping, peeling, slicing, coring, seeding, whipping, or blending required From appetizing hors d'oeuvres to impressive desserts, from casual weeknight suppers or elegant dinner parties, The PDQ Vegetarian Cookbook is bursting with great-tasting recipes that eliminate the ...more
Published December 7th 2004 by HP Books

To ask other readers questions about The PDQ (Pretty Darn Quick) Vegetarian Cookbook, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The PDQ (Pretty Darn Quick) Vegetarian Cookbook

Becky Koski
Nov 28, 2012 Becky Koski rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book has a ton of great ideas for quick, easy meals that are relatively healthy. For those that are new to eating vegetarian, it can be a great help. A lot of the recipes can be modified to be vegan or gluten free if need be. The thing I use this book for the most - ideas when I don't have much time to cook dinner, and for quick appetizers when going to a party. Also, the "Enlightened mac'n'cheese" with nutmeg, cayenne and tomatoes has become a staple in my house - we modified the spices (w ...more
Kecia
Jun 23, 2010 Kecia rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cookbooks
This cookbook suffers from a lack of photographs and a lack of good recipes. I would have liked fewer recipes and more photos. I tried 2 recipes and I'll admit that they were both QUICK and the were both EASY. The problem was that they were not all that great.

First I tried the white bean with blue cheese salad. I threw this together in less than 5 minutes for lunch. It was just OK. I ate it but I won't be making this again.

Then I tried the linguine with feta and mint. Luckily I had some really
Amy
Jun 07, 2010 Amy rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: those enjoying vegetarian food
Recommended to Amy by: found on amazon.com
Shelves: food
Great vegetarian and vegan recipes. I really like this cookbook because it doesn't use "weird" ingredients, don't get this book for "frou-frou" fancy dishes. Busy cooks will like this book to because you don't have to chop, peel, slice, core, or seed any vegetables. Nutritional analysis is also included. The only thing I don't care for is that there are no photos, but that isn't a big deal.
Wanda
I finally bought a copy of this book, as I had borrowed it from the library so many times. I appreciate the "quick" aspect and many of the recipes appeal to me. Everything I have tried so far is good (really recommend the Black Bean Tacos). And I am successfully getting my blood pressure under control, so mission accomplished!
Jill
Apr 25, 2012 Jill rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good premise and some wonderful ideas to get a delicious meal on the table quick. I do wish there were more breakfast ideas.
Christina
Sep 25, 2007 Christina rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love the quick recipes in this book and the ones we've tried, they're delicious! Josh especially liked the Taco Casserole.
Julie Doherty
Jan 12, 2012 Julie Doherty rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A wide variety of vegetarian recipes. Just wish there were some pictures..... I love photos of the dish!
Tamara Evans
I liked that it divided recipes by vegetarian, lacto-ovo and vegan. I also found it helpful that it provided way to substitute items if you were vegan.
Michelle
Feb 02, 2012 Michelle rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Vegans, vegetarians, veggie lovers, animal lovers, health-conscious
Just what I have been looking for! No-frills, no-meat, straightforward pantry cooking.
LemontreeLime
This is quick (hence the title) and inspired, I foresee making many of the recipes in this one.
Dee
Dee rated it it was ok
Jun 26, 2010
Nick
Nick rated it it was ok
Jan 18, 2012
Betsy
Betsy rated it really liked it
Feb 03, 2013
+ysenia
+ysenia rated it it was amazing
Sep 06, 2007
Remy
Remy rated it liked it
May 24, 2011
Kris Ryan
Kris Ryan rated it liked it
May 31, 2014
John-paul
John-paul rated it it was amazing
Mar 29, 2013
DEBORAH STAPLETON
DEBORAH STAPLETON rated it it was ok
Feb 26, 2014
Megan Burton
Megan Burton rated it it was amazing
Jan 22, 2015
Kim Nicholson
Kim Nicholson rated it it was ok
Jan 07, 2016
Lawanda
Lawanda rated it it was amazing
Sep 25, 2014
Tracie
Tracie rated it liked it
May 27, 2009
Jennifer rated it really liked it
Dec 27, 2012
Rachel
Rachel rated it it was amazing
Dec 05, 2012
Tricia
Tricia rated it liked it
Feb 26, 2015
Emily
Emily rated it liked it
Aug 09, 2012
Rebecca Schweitzer
Rebecca Schweitzer rated it really liked it
Oct 02, 2014
Terry
Terry rated it really liked it
Feb 02, 2015