Start by marking “The Kingdom of Shadow (Diablo, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Kingdom of Shadow (Diablo, #3)

The Kingdom of Shadow (Diablo #3)

3.93 of 5 stars 3.93  ·  rating details  ·  825 ratings  ·  14 reviews
Since the beginning of time, the angelic hosts of the High Heavens and the demonic hordes of the Burning Hells have been locked in a struggle for the fate of all Creation. That struggle has now come to the mortal realm...and neither Man nor Demon nor Angel will be left unscathed.... Legend speaks of a long-dead city known as Ureh, thought by many to have been a gateway to ...more
Published July 30th 2002 by Simon & Schuster Adult Publishing (first published 2002)

To ask other readers questions about The Kingdom of Shadow, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Kingdom of Shadow

Andrew Uphoff
When I saw teasers for Diablo 3 and they SHOWED A SCREENCAP OF THE KINGDOM OF SHADOW I was ecstatic! It's too bad they did NOTHING with it! This book was absolutely fantastic the fact that they didn't use any of it's story at all was absolutely the reason Diablo 3 fell flat for me. But remember, that's how good a book this is!
Sean
Classic Fantasy at its best. Treasure, action, and dark secretes meld into a great story.
Adam Di Filippe
Ivanhoe
OMG, this was a very awesome story! Why the hell they didnt use this for D3!? D:
Lu
I don't normally write reviews, so this says something. I found this to be a great fantasy book. I am a big fan of the games so I was bound to be disappointed, but I wasn't. Knaak really captured the spirit of the games and wrote a great story that included not only the darkness of the games but also a love story. It was also much better written than I expected it to be. I definitely recommend it and can't wait to read the other books in the series written by Knaak.
TL Jeffcoat
This is another excellent book by Knaak. If anyone has captured the essence of Sanctuary, it's him. The smooth flowing story and depth of the characters makes the story rich with pitfalls and tension. Not only was I unable to put the book down, I installed Diablo 2 back into my computer and started playing it again for several years. Amazing story with an even more amazing finish.
Alexander Majda
If one has the imagination and the possibility to shiver on ones own fantsy, than this book is one hell of an tale. The boldness and the colorfull world that Knaak depictures can be living when you can read and see between the lines of ones tale writen in this book. Kingdom of Shadows is in my opinion the best of the diablo saga.

Alex
Tyler Murphy
This book was a decent read. Not something I really plan on picking up to read again but was worth it for the first read through. Not sure how I would feel recommending it unless someone likes the book series and hasn't read it yet. It was also good to help pass time in classes when I had nothing else to do for the remainder of time.
Alicia
Mar 20, 2013 Alicia rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone who likes this type of fantasy
Shelves: diablo-novels
I loved this novel. The Diablo series is my favourite to read, and this novel in particular is my favourite of all, at least so far. I have only played the Diablo game once or twice, so I'm not too familiar with it, however I love the novels, so it's not only for those who are familiar with the game.
Nisha
Oct 09, 2007 Nisha rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Diablo players
It's good for a read once or twice, but again, only for those familiar with the game. However it does introduce a character who is featured once more in the novel "Spider Moon".
David Holec
Příběhově velmi povedená kniha, jen škoda toho překladu. A velké plus za postavu nekromancera. Ty já můžu.
Alex Suslin
the second half of the book is amazing and worth to wait a bit
Vasil Kolev
Нищо особено, но става да го изчете човек докато чака нещо.
Mike Voss
Mike Voss marked it as to-read
Aug 28, 2015
Daniel
Daniel marked it as to-read
Aug 25, 2015
Devion Thorncrow
Devion Thorncrow marked it as to-read
Aug 21, 2015
Kelsey
Kelsey marked it as to-read
Aug 18, 2015
Mike
Mike added it
Aug 15, 2015
Zealand
Zealand marked it as to-read
Aug 14, 2015
Sebastián Posada
Sebastián Posada marked it as to-read
Aug 11, 2015
  • The Black Road (Diablo #2)
  • Diablo III: The Order (Diablo, #8)
  • Diablo: Demonsbane (Diablo, #0)
  • Diablo III: Heroes Rise, Darkness Falls
  • Liberty's Crusade (StarCraft, #1)
  • Lord of the Clans (WarCraft, #2)
  • Shadow of the Xel'Naga (Starcraft, #2)
  • Starcraft: I, Mengsk
  • Speed of Darkness (StarCraft, #3)
  • Diablo III: Book of Tyrael
  • Queen of Blades (Starcraft)
  • Of Blood and Honor (WarCraft, #4)
  • Nova (StarCraft: Ghost, #1)
Richard A. Knaak is the bestselling author of Dragonlance novels, Dragonrealm (his own creation), six novels for Blizzard Entertainment's Diablo series, and six works in the Warcraft universe. He has also written five non-series fantasy books.

More about Richard A. Knaak...

Diablo (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • Diablo: Demonsbane (Diablo, #0)
  • Legacy of Blood (Diablo, #1)
  • The Black Road (Diablo #2)
  • Moon of the Spider (Diablo, #4)
  • Birthright (Diablo: The Sin War, #1)
  • Scales of the Serpent (Diablo: The Sin War, #2)
  • The Veiled Prophet (Diablo: The Sin War, #3)
  • Diablo III: Book of Cain
  • Diablo III: The Order (Diablo, #8)
  • Diablo III: Heroes Rise, Darkness Falls
The Legend of Huma (Dragonlance: Heroes, #1) Kaz the Minotaur (Dragonlance: Heroes, #4; Heroes II, #1) The Well of Eternity (WarCraft: War of the Ancients, #1) Day of the Dragon (WarCraft, #1) The Sundering (WarCraft: War of the Ancients, #3)