The Princess and Her Pirate

The Princess and Her Pirate (Sedonia #1)

3.5 of 5 stars 3.50  ·  rating details  ·  107 ratings  ·  8 reviews
Princess Tatiana needs a groom to help her rule her vulnerable country. So she embarks on a desperate mission -- traveling in disguise to a neighboring land to forge an alliance with the dashing Cairn MacTavish, the fabled Pirate Lord. But instead of a marriage, a rude welcome awaits the brave, beautiful royal when she is accused of being a common thief -- and is taken cap...more
Published July 17th 2007 by HarperCollins Publishers (first published June 24th 2003)

Kari
Jan 26, 2014 Kari rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Kari by: Lover of Romance
Shelves: hist-rom-fic
Fun romance between a laird/pirate and an undercover princess. The plot was ok but the writing and characterizations were great. Definitely recommend if you're in the mood for a low-angst, fun historical.
Lucy Woodhull
His penis is its own character. Enough said.
Kirby Hamann
Seeking an alliance to help her country Tatiana travels to a neighboring land to seek their Lord as her husband. She travels incognito and then is mistaken for a thief by the man she plans to marry!
Caroline
Like a clergyman waking up in a seedy strip club, I have no idea how or why I found myself reading this highland romance. The Scottish Highlands, Texas ranches, Greek yachts, Arab harems are places I fear to tread.

No wonder I found myself completely lost in the narrative. For most of the book I wasn't sure if I was reading fairy-tale fantasy or historical romance masked with a few fictional place names.

The quality of Ms Greiman's writing gives impetus to the narrative, but the story demands comp...more
Magadored in search of the world's crappiest romance
The only reason I picked up this book is because someone told me the pirate's penis talks! It does have its own internal dialog but only for one page out of a grueling 300+(?) pages of pure, unadulterated crap. You know, typical romance.
Jenee
Terrible. I can't expect much, I just wanted something quick and mindless to read and I got exactly that. But really the plot had so many holes in it and most of the characters weren't real enough. There were some funny moments, the most of it dragged on and I found myself skimming pages. This is my second attempt at reading a romance novel and I am again disappointed, I don't know what people see in them.
Kendra
Pretty good read, though I thought it was rather drawn out.
Qing
Wasn't as fun as I thought it would be
Bookbuyer
Bookbuyer marked it as to-read
Jul 13, 2014
Kirra
Kirra marked it as to-read
Jul 12, 2014
Hayley
Hayley marked it as to-read
Jul 04, 2014
E
E marked it as to-read
Jul 16, 2014
Rebecca Austin
Rebecca Austin marked it as to-read
Jun 14, 2014
Desi Alonso
Desi Alonso marked it as to-read
Jun 10, 2014
Ashley
Ashley marked it as to-read
Jun 04, 2014
Darrian Elliott-rule
Darrian Elliott-rule marked it as to-read
May 21, 2014
Kim Salamon
Kim Salamon marked it as to-read
May 15, 2014
Aja Ingram
Aja Ingram marked it as to-read
May 07, 2014
Natalie Ryabenko
Natalie Ryabenko marked it as to-read
May 06, 2014
Joan
Joan added it
Apr 30, 2014
Cassandra Barlow
Cassandra Barlow marked it as to-read
Apr 21, 2014
Alyssa
Alyssa marked it as to-read
Apr 19, 2014
J weri
J weri marked it as to-read
Mar 18, 2014
Cindy
Cindy marked it as to-read
Mar 06, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
Born on a North Dakota cattle ranch, Lois Greiman graduated from a high school class of sixty students before moving to Minnesota where she professionally trained and showed Arabian Horses for several years. Since that time she's been a high fashion model, a fitness instructor, and a veterinary assistant. But an incurable case of writing fever put a stop to all those occupations.

Since selling her...more
More about Lois Greiman...
Unzipped (A Chrissy McMullen Mystery, #1) Unplugged (A Chrissy McMullen Mystery #2) Unscrewed (A Chrissy McMullen Mystery #3) Unmanned (A Chrissy McMullen Mystery #4) One Hot Mess (A Chrissy McMullen Mystery #5)