Start by marking “The Princess and Her Pirate” as Want to Read:
The Princess and Her Pirate

The Princess and Her Pirate (Sedonia #1)

Princess Tatiana needs a groom to help her rule her vulnerable country. So she embarks on a desperate mission -- traveling in disguise to a neighboring land to forge an alliance with the dashing Cairn MacTavish, the fabled Pirate Lord. But instead of a marriage, a rude welcome awaits the brave, beautiful royal when she is accused of being a common thief -- and is taken cap ...more
Published July 17th 2007 by HarperCollins Publishers (first published June 24th 2003)

To ask other readers questions about The Princess and Her Pirate, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Princess and Her Pirate

Kari
May 17, 2013 Kari rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Kari by: Lover of Romance
Shelves: hist-rom-fic
Fun romance between a laird/pirate and an undercover princess. The plot was ok but the writing and characterizations were great. Definitely recommend if you're in the mood for a low-angst, fun historical.
Lucy Woodhull
His penis is its own character. Enough said.
Kirby Hamann
Sep 23, 2012 Kirby Hamann rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Seeking an alliance to help her country Tatiana travels to a neighboring land to seek their Lord as her husband. She travels incognito and then is mistaken for a thief by the man she plans to marry!
Pamela
Jan 07, 2012 Pamela rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Rated 3.5
Caroline
Like a clergyman waking up in a seedy strip club, I have no idea how or why I found myself reading this highland romance. The Scottish Highlands, Texas ranches, Greek yachts, Arab harems are places I fear to tread.

No wonder I found myself completely lost in the narrative. For most of the book I wasn't sure if I was reading fairy-tale fantasy or historical romance masked with a few fictional place names.

The quality of Ms Greiman's writing gives impetus to the narrative, but the story demands comp
Melissa
Princess Tatiana Octavia Linnet Rocheneau of Sedonia comes in disguise to Teleere in order to observe the Laird Cairn MacTavish in order to see who he really is before she will send a marriage proposal. She barely sets foot on the shores before she is accosted by none other than the Laird himself. He accuses her of being a well known thief Megs no matter how much she denies it. She doesn't tell him who she really is and he wouldn't have believed her anyway. Tatiana is about to learn more about t ...more
Jeneé
Terrible. I can't expect much, I just wanted something quick and mindless to read and I got exactly that. But really the plot had so many holes in it and most of the characters weren't real enough. There were some funny moments, the most of it dragged on and I found myself skimming pages. This is my second attempt at reading a romance novel and I am again disappointed, I don't know what people see in them.
Bethany
Mar 01, 2012 Bethany rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
So back in 2002 I gave this five stars, but no I would give it only 2. My tastes have clearly changed! I enjoyed the mistaken identity plot, but hated that he would constantly threaten rape and torture if she didn't answer his questions, then keep getting pissy when he didn't like her answers. It was repetitive and quite old! He did grovel nicely at the end, but the story just didn't grip me like it used to.
Magadored wants to extrude your face normals
The only reason I picked up this book is because someone told me the pirate's penis talks! It does have its own internal dialog but only for one page out of a grueling 300+(?) pages of pure, unadulterated crap. You know, typical romance.
Qing
Jan 14, 2011 Qing rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Wasn't as fun as I thought it would be
Kendra
Pretty good read, though I thought it was rather drawn out.
Kimngan Tran
Kimngan Tran rated it did not like it
Apr 23, 2016
Valerie Ogden
Valerie Ogden rated it liked it
Sep 22, 2013
Jennifer rated it liked it
Jan 03, 2011
Askona
Askona rated it it was amazing
Nov 27, 2012
Rachel
Rachel rated it liked it
Oct 14, 2010
Lori
Lori rated it it was amazing
Jul 27, 2012
Annamarie
Annamarie rated it liked it
Apr 16, 2015
Kate
Kate rated it liked it
Aug 03, 2007
Vânia Valente
Vânia Valente rated it liked it
Nov 21, 2012
Etty
Etty rated it liked it
Oct 22, 2011
Judy
Judy rated it really liked it
Dec 06, 2015
Renee Eilerts
Renee Eilerts rated it liked it
Sep 20, 2016
Carly
Carly rated it liked it
Jul 16, 2012
Anni Barkla
Anni Barkla rated it liked it
Oct 07, 2016
Mary
Mary rated it liked it
Nov 13, 2013
Linda
Linda rated it really liked it
Apr 21, 2014
Amber
Amber rated it it was ok
Jul 17, 2012
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • The Pirate And The Puritan
  • Pleasuring the Pirate (How To, #2)
  • My Wicked Pirate
  • Perils of the Heart
  • A Pirate's Pleasure (North American Woman Trilogy, #2)
  • Tell Me Lies
  • Crimson Rapture
  • Desire in Disguise
  • Pirate
  • The Iron Rose (Dante Pirates, #2)
  • The Pirate Prince
  • The Pirate Bride
  • Passion's Ransom
  • The Buccaneer
  • My Lady Pirate (Heros of the Sea, #3)
  • Captain's Bride
  • What a Pirate Desires
  • The Pirate and the Pagan
Born on a North Dakota cattle ranch, Lois Greiman graduated from a high school class of sixty students before moving to Minnesota where she professionally trained and showed Arabian Horses for several years. Since that time she's been a high fashion model, a fitness instructor, and a veterinary assistant. But an incurable case of writing fever put a stop to all those occupations.

Since selling her
More about Lois Greiman...

Sedonia (3 books)
  • The Princess Masquerade (Sedonia, #2)
  • Seducing a Princess (Sedonia, #3)