The Mosts

The Mosts

3.46 of 5 stars 3.46  ·  rating details  ·  135 ratings  ·  32 reviews
Madeline finished freshman year at Freeport Academy just as invisible as when she started. But after a summer in Italy with her sophisticated aunt, she returned as a sophomore with cool clothes, European attitude, and a hot new boyfriend, Thom.

Maddie's part of the in crowd . . . the Mosts. Her best friend, Caro? Most Beautiful. Her other friends, Fergie, Annie, and Selena...more
Published June 8th 2010 by Delacorte Books for Young Readers

To ask other readers questions about The Mosts, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Mosts

Leah
After Madeline finishes eigth grade, she goes off to Rome for the summer, assuming that when she gets back she'll be just as invisible at Freeport Academy as ever. When Thom, one of the popular guys in school asks her out, Madeline suddenly becomes one of the "Mosts", Most Popular to be precise. Two years down the line, though, and Thom is moving to California leaving Madeline alone and leaving her "Most" status particularly vulnerable. When a group of school misfits beg Madeline for help so the...more
Liz
Xyra
Jun 23, 2012 Xyra rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Young teens and tweens
Recommended to Xyra by: Goodreads giveaways
Shelves: first-reads
This was to have been a first read as it was the first giveaway I was selected to receive. I was thrilled and grateful to be chosen; there was a mix up so it took a lot longer to read than it should have. Perhaps like Elinor, Avery, and Joe the timing and reasons were now right.

The writing was easy-going and comfortable. I did feel as if I were there with Madeline and her anxieties. She had a ton. I found the book to be completely enjoyable.

Throughout we saw Madeline grow and become the her-ist...more
Brandy Bates
Sep 01, 2010 Brandy Bates rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Teens
Shelves: first-reads
The Mosts by Melissa Senatehttp://www.goodreads.com/melissasenate will be a hit for tweens and teens. It was a very easy story to follow. I think this story is Can't Buy Me Love meets Mean Girls....Two movie that I do like.

If you are female and have ever attended Middle/High School then you will be able to relate to this story. Most School's have Cliques and the one in this story is no different,either you are a Most or a Not.

Madeline Echols is the Most popular girl and dating the hottest guy...more
Devora
Jun 14, 2012 Devora added it
The Mosts is the story of Freeport Academys Most Popular girl, Madeline. She came from obscurity to claim the title and is now part of Freeports most competitive clique. However, in the book the mosts maddie goes through quite a bit at first her boyfriend thom moves to california, leaving maddie upset lonely and sadly not sure how their relationship will turn out. truth is she became popular after an exciting trip to rome where she completely changed her style. when she returns home her rise on...more
Carly
The Mosts is the story of Freeport Academy’s ‘Most Popular’ girl, Madeline. She came from obscurity to claim the title and is now part of Freeport’s most competitive clique – The Mosts. However, she comes to realise that staying in is just as hard as getting in (I totally stole that from The Clique books, I know, I’m sorry) and, as the story progresses, she isn’t completely sure that staying in is what’s most important to her any more.

After her gorgeous boyfriend Thom moves across the country to...more
Nian
Jul 11, 2010 Nian rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2010
Before Madeline went to Rome, she was invisible at Freeport Academy. When she came back, she was wearing all the right clothes and attitude, and snagged Thom as a boyfriend. But now that Thom was leaving for California, Madeline wonders if her status with the in-crowd would change. And a group of outcasts are begging Madeline to teach them how to transform themselves from losers to people with more confidence. But Madeline's involvement with them could ultimately risk her spot with Caro and her...more
Ezzy
I loved this book. It was a little of CAN'T BUY ME LOVE meets SABRINA. Maddie, a high-school sophomore, struggles with her first boyfriend moving cross-country. The group of girls she hangs out with are a shallow, evil-spirited, salad-eating, diet soda-drinking group of "you-know-whats." I don't want to give too much away, but let's just say it was gratifying to see Maddie's transformation at the end (friends and all). Senate writes a tight story, peppered with humor and believable innocence. I...more
Kourtney
This book was hard for me to put down (thank goodness for my Kindle App on my Blackberry! Thank you technology!!) Mix one part "Can't Buy Me Love" one part "Mean Girls" and a whole lot of Melissa Senate's great writing style and you have a winner!

This book brought me back to the days of being a youngster and seeing my name in slam books. I, being a misfit myself, could relate to the "misfits" in this book. Would I have begged, pleaded, and paid money to a "most" to transform myself? Probably no...more
Karen
May 01, 2011 Karen rated it 2 of 5 stars
Shelves: teen
A clique is an inclusive group of people who share common interests, views, purposes, patterns of behavior, or ethnicity. The clique from this "Most" list will bring back memories or the Most popular, Most attractive, Most sylish girls from your high school years. This story is about a girl who finally ended up in the Popular group only to find out that maybe that's not really what mattered. Quick read, predictable. I'd recommend for 8th - 10th grade clique-ish girls. Not a boy book.
April
Cliques are a big deal in high school. The Mosts by Melissa Senate is all about the pecking order. Madeline Echols, Most Popular, finds out that her uberhot boyfriend is moving to California. Other boys then begin to show interest in her, including queen bee Caro's crush, Sam. Will she be exiled to Not-land by her friends?
Read the rest of my review here
Claire Dawn
A little generic, but then aren't all the high school popularity books? I enjoyed the development of the relationship between the MC and her "pet projects", her polar opposites, "the Nots". Nice quick read. I've really been enjoying Melissa Senate, and I'm looking forward to more women's and YA from her.
Georgiann Hennelly
Cliques are big in high school. Madeline Echols, is the most popular, When she finds out her hot boyfriend is moving to California. Other boys begin to to show interest in her. Including the Queen Bee Caro,s crush Sam. Will Madeline be exiled to Not-land By her friend?
Soomi
The four Best friends who are the most popular girls at school. And one of the girl, Madeline has the hottest boyfriends in school. They were happy and she enjoyed her life but when she heard her boyfriend is leaving to California... her life went upside down.
Kate
This was actually a pretty good book! It was written good, although some of the things in the story line errked me. It was very similar to a mean girls type story...just taking place in farmland Maine.
Jesse
This is great...another win!! I look foward to enjoying this book and the others I have recently won. How nice to actually enter something and win once in awhile!!!

thanks good reads!
Ana Carolina

Cute, little book. But not memorable.
Really liked Avery but the whole story was just to soft, a little boring even. Not the right book for me.
Hanaa709 :)
it was really good. i kind of saw the end coming but even though caro wants to block Madeline out and considers her not a most she is still a most!
Lexine Garcia
Like any other highschool story with a list of popular students and not so popular students. Finding who your real friends are!
Paula
A typical "mean girls" story that is a lot of fun and easy to read. I think most teenage girls would like this one.
Stacy
Loved it! Loved the main character and I love how she grew into her own person. Great story!!!
Raya
It was an outstanding book. I highly tell anyone who is into love drama to read this book!
Anoolka
Predictable. But not badly written. Not exactly for my age group though. 2.5
Lee Nichols
Sweet and romantic! Loved the setting and the characters.
Beth
3.5 since I enjoyed it more than I thought I would
Leonel
A fun and quick read. It made me smile.
Emery
this book had a good lesson at the end:)
Surprisingly really good read.
Reading Log #2 2 3 Mar 12, 2012 05:27PM
  • The Transformation of Things: A Novel
  • Snow Queen
  • Bittersweet Sixteen
  • And Then I Found Out the Truth
  • Beautiful Americans (Beautiful Americans, #1)
  • Snow in Love
  • To Catch a Prince: To Catch a Prince & The Frog Prince
  • The Secret Society of the Pink Crystal Ball
  • Entr@pment: A High School Comedy in Chat
  • Stalker Girl
  • Getting Caught
  • The Deadly Sister
  • My Invisible Boyfriend
I'm the author of ten novels, including my debut, SEE JANE DATE (also available in cute TV movie form on DVD) and my latest, THE LOVE GODDESS' COOKING SCHOOL.

I'm the proud mother of a wonderful eleven-year-old boy. We (and our adorable beagle) live on the coast of Maine, where I'm working on my next novel.

Hope you'll visit my website: http://www.melissasenate.com
More about Melissa Senate...
See Jane Date The Love Goddess' Cooking School The Solomon Sisters Wise Up (Red Dress Ink) The Breakup Club (Red Dress Ink Novels) Love You to Death