Start by marking “Dangerous Grounds (Seattle Steam, #1)” as Want to Read:
Dangerous Grounds (Seattle Steam, #1)

Dangerous Grounds (Seattle Steam #1)

3.72  ·  Rating Details ·  2,107 Ratings  ·  186 Reviews
Something s hot in Seattle, and it s not just the espresso.

The Seattle Steam series

Madison s needs are simple. All she wants are two things: Make Ooo La Latte the newest trend in espresso, and seduce the sexiest cop in Seattle. But things aren t going exactly as planned.

First, Gabe s a little hung up on the fact that she s his best friend s little sister, and he s determin
Published November 1st 2008 by Samhain Publishing, Ltd. (first published January 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Dangerous Grounds, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dangerous Grounds

Auntee
Jul 18, 2008 Auntee rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of erotic romance
Recommended to Auntee by: Kathrynn
Shelves: erotic-romance
Well, this book was well on it's way to a five star rating from me, but it just fell short of the mark because the ending was a little off for me. But for sheer sexuality and eroticism, it rates a 5+!

Madison Phillips is a beautiful, 25 yr. old rich girl, but determined to make it on her own. After getting her MBA and living in Italy for a year, she returns home to Seattle to open up her very own espresso shop called Ooo La Latte, determined to make it a success. Maddie's been trying to get over
Ladiibbug
Oct 25, 2008 Ladiibbug rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
#1 Seattle Steam series

A book featuring an expresso shop, a robber nicknamed The Expresso bandit, and a romance? Sounded fine to me!

Meet Madison, our heroine and coffee shop owner, as she hopes Gabe, her older brother's best friend, hunky cop Gabe, will stop by for her Grand Opening:

Page 20:

"... because she'd made a point of looking ultra-sexy today. Low-rise jeans showed off her tiny pink thong, if she happened to bend over, and a clingy black T-shirt that read They're Real hugged her breasts."
Chris  Carroll
3.5 Stars

I have to say it's not very often that I come across a character that I really dislike. Unfortunately, in this story, Madison is definitely not on the top of my list.

I know the author was trying to make her a strong, independent woman who knew exactly what she liked, but in reality she created a character who came off like a cocky, spoiled, inconsiderate, trampy girl.

The good thing is, and the only thing that got me through this book, was Gabe. A decidedly hot, kind, caring guy who gave
Kathrynn
What a neat modern-day, erotic book! Nicely written with style. I will look for more by this author. The book wasn't just about SEX. In the beginning, it was more a hot book than erotica, but things did pick up to earn it the bump up to erotica. It does not go into detail every time the couple has sex.

There is a viable threat to Maddie with the Espresso Bandit. He is robbing businesses and is a cold-blooded killer. Maddie came from a very affluent family and decided to open her own Coffee Shop.
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

I read Grounds for Seduction when it was originally released and I was looking forward to rereading this newly edited book. The storyline is fast paced romance that blends drama and suspense.

I liked the hero in the book , Gabe. After a troubling childhood and adolescence Gabe realizes what's important. He's dedicated himself to his family and friends. Always looking to go the extra mile to protect those he loves.

Especially keeping the Bro Code intact- Never mess with your best friends little sis
♥ WishfulMiss ♥
Loved this opposites attract story. Madison was a sweet but pampered princess and Gabriel was the alpha hottie with a giant chip on his shoulder, but together they brought out the best in each other. The story was hot, sexy and had me laughing out loud a few times with Madison's goofy antics. Yeah, I'm talking about the microwave eggs and her idea of getting the drop on a burglar - in her underwear! That had be laughing so hard, I was getting weird looks at work, but it was worth it. I love a go ...more
Ann has a dirty mouth
To be honest, I have no idea why this book is reviewed so highly, as it is easily the worst romance novel I have read this year.

Our protaganist, Maddie, is a rich and beautiful 25 year old woman. She goes to Italy and falls in love with espresso to the point where she will no longer drink regular coffee, and decides to open her own coffee shop back in Seattle. Two problems- 1. She never learned how to make coffee and burns every espresso shot she makes. Her coffee is unpalatable and everyone sp
D.G.
Dec 27, 2011 D.G. marked it as dnf  ·  review of another edition
One of my biggest pet peeves in romance is when one of the main characters doesn't take "No" for an answer. Usually, it's the guy who has that problem but here is the woman! The hero clearly says no but then she takes her clothes off and jumps on his lap! Then when the guy gets her off but refuses to go all the way, she gets mad at him!

Can you freaking believe this?

Note to women: respect goes both ways. Just because a man gets an erection DOES NOT mean that he would or should have sex with you.
Susan (susayq ~)
This was a nice way to spend my day.

Gabe and Madison have known each other for years. He's her brother's best friend. So, when Madison decides she needs a rebound fling, she picks Gabe cause he's hot and she knows him. gabe resists for a while, but he realizes Madison is just the woman he needs, all while protecting her from a robber who is out to kill her.

I LOVED the action and the Espresso Bandit plot! It was great! And the conclusion to it had me cheering. What I didn't love was Madison. Now
Stephanie
Talk about a book with tons of potential that never quite reaches it, well that is this book.

The heroine is a dimwit hussy and has more TSTL moments than all of the heroines in all the books I've read in the whole month of August. The hero does such a fast 180 from we cannot have sex because you are my besties baby sister, to lets get it on like donkey kong.

Now about 3/4 the way through the book gets a little better, but the end just stinks....word count must have been up. We get I love you's
Bette Hansen
Rarely do I come across characters in books that I dislike so much that it completely ruins the story for me but the h of this one Madison Phillips is one such character. I love a strong confident female character that's not afraid to go after what she wants. However, Maddy is over the top with her sexual aggression towards Gabe Martinez. Even though Gabe is attracted to her, Maddy is his best friend's sister and he's reluctant to let anything happen. He's especially reluctant when he becomes co ...more
Nikki Brandyberry
Apr 01, 2017 Nikki Brandyberry rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Review soon
Willow Brook
My first book by Shelli Stevens, this was almost a DNF, However, it had some good moments of compelling story-teling and a few stretches where I didn't actively dislike the heroine, Maddie. Especially in the beginning of the story, she was immature and spoiled plus TSTL at times. Once her lust/love interest Gabe stopped being described as a love em and leave em type, he had some potential. He even had a moving backstory that comes to light in the second half of the book. But for much of the stor ...more
Emily
Opening her own coffee shop has been a dream of Madison's, getting dumped at the same time was not part of the plan. Needing to find her "rebound" guy she sets her eyes on her brothers best friend Gabe. Gabe has no desire to cross the line where his friends sister is concerned, but when she becomes the only witness to actually see the violent Espresso Bandit he steps in to protect her. It doesn't take long for temptation to become to hard to resist before the two fall in bed together.

I was disap
Darcy
Feb 11, 2012 Darcy rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: e-book, 2012, erotica
I think I would have liked this one better if Maddie wasn't so annoying. She was so selfish and spoiled, I hated how she treated Gabe. So many times she would tell him one thing, then hold it against her.
Dee

They screw like bunnies
Inconsistent characters
But very nice plot
Deborah Perry
Mar 25, 2017 Deborah Perry rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: jd-read, amazon
Madison, Maddie, is a twenty-five year old determined to make her way in the world after being raised with the proverbial silver spoon in her mouth.  She spent a year in Italy, gets her MBA, and decides to open a coffee shop. After being recently dumped, she decides it's time to date again-maybe a rebound guy??

While attending a welcome home party for Maddie's brother, Eric, she happens upon Gabe, his sexy cop best friend. Wow, when did he get all swoon-worthy??  He's always been a relationship-p
Denise Van plew
Since I have not read this author before I was drawn to it by what lay inside according to the blurb. It centered around Madison and Gabriel with their story being sweet and hot. Hot as the coffee served but with some spice that seemed to follow along. She also had my man in a uniform in here with that being a seal the deal for me to settle down and follow them along as they go after the bandit. Stubbornness begins at first but when danger takes over the direction changes with us getting into th ...more
Heather andrews
Jan 25, 2017 Heather andrews rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
When it comes to Maddie, Gabe is easily made into a jealous man, “****, Maddie. Enough,” Gabe snapped. He didn’t want to know another d*** thing about Franco or Sam. Especially Franco." Maddie sometimes has really great ideas, “you’re right. Let’s stay in here and keep doing the sex thing.” I really liked this book, I loved Gabe.
J
Feb 28, 2017 J rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
A cute book. I loved Gabe. A hot guy with a heart always does it for me. He had some issues he needed to work around to be in a relationship and it was nice to see him grow throughout the book. He and Madison were cute together and I could feel the attraction. Although things moved quickly it helped that they had know each other a long time (even if they hadn't seen each other in a while).

Madison had some good qualities, she came from a privileged lifestyle but wanted to do something on her own
SamJ ★Needs a HEA★
This pains me to say, but this was a DNF for me. I got as far as 5% through, and hated the heroine! I have loved every other Shellie Stevens books I have read!

(view spoiler)
Katrina Berry
Feb 21, 2017 Katrina Berry rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Grounds for Seduction by Shelli Stevens is a good read with plenty of heat. Maddie and Gabe have such great chemistry and the banter between the two...I abso~love it! Maddie definitely likes to try and get Gabe all riled up...and who of us wouldn’t? I want a Gabe :p This story is based on the brother’s best-friend troupe and is well-done. Definitely will be adding Ms. Stevens to my go-to author list.

Please note that an ARC was generously provided in exchange for an honest review of which this i
Julie
Feb 12, 2017 Julie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sexy cop Gabriel Martinez's new mission is catching the Espresso Bandit, a violent guy who is breaking into coffee shops. His latest heist was Madison Phillips new shop and she was hurt in the attack and he has become her personal bodyguard. Which is no hardship for Gabe, except she's throwing herself at him, any other girl he'd say "Hell yeah, bring it on", he wants her like crazy, but her brother is his best friend and he promised to keep his hands off. How will their enforce confinement end, ...more
Heather in FL
I enjoyed this story. It's probably a cliched story line, but I still enjoyed it. I like it when love sneaks up on people, which is what happened here on both sides. Both people thought it was just a fling when it started, but quickly realized they didn't want it to end. I think near the end was a bit over-the-top in terms of her attitude towards him, but it ended up an HEA.
Sassafrass
Dec 04, 2011 Sassafrass rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: z-2011, z-src-wi11-12
This was adorable. I just loved Gabe and Maddie together. All the false starts and all the misunderstandings didn't do anything to detract from the feelings they obviously had for each other. I was so happy for the HEA but was sad that things ended so soon. :P

This is my first Shellii Stevens book, and I think I'll definitely check out more of her stuff.
Christina
A LOT of sex. Madison is so forward with Gabe from the get-go, and once you accept her for that, the story comes out. It's not just sex. Gabe tried to be strong and keep away from his BFF's little sister, but she wore him down...

Stephie
I didn't like the heroine very much, she seemed kind of shallow and the whole idea to use the hero for rebound killed the romance for me, because she genuinely seemed to not care about him. Also the Espresso Bandit story was just ridiculous.
Aug 04, 2014 Sarah rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I had to force myself to finish this book. Enough said.
  • Bound for the Holidays (Ties That Bind, #1)
  • Lyric's Cop (Crime Tells, #1)
  • Touching Lace (Vaughn, #1)
  • Sold to the Highest Bidder
  • Truth and Consequences (Hearts of the South, #1)
  • French Quarter (Hot in the City, #1)
  • Grace Under Pressure
  • Sunfire (Pure Wildfire, #1)
  • Rent-A-Stud (Coopers' Companions, #1)
  • Catch Me If You Can (New Orleans Trilogy, #1)
  • Deadly Fall (The 19th Precinct, #1)
  • Druid's Daughter (Garland of Druids, #1)
  • Call Me (Joker's Wild, #1)
  • Annabelle Lee (Summersville Secrets, #1)
  • Bridleton
  • Pleasure's Foehn (WindVerse, #1)
  • SEALed with a Kiss (SEALed, #1)
  • Ask Adam (Tanner Siblings, #2)
Shelli is a New York Times Bestselling Author who read her first romance novel when she snatched it off her mother's bookshelf at the age of eleven. One taste and she was forever hooked. It wasn't until many years later that she decided to pursue writing stories of her own. By then she acknowledged the voices in her head didn't make her crazy, they made her a writer.

Shelli currently lives in the P
More about Shelli Stevens...

Seattle Steam (4 books)
  • Tempting Adam (Seattle Steam, #2)
  • Baby, It's Cold Outside (Seattle Steam, #2.5)
  • Seducing Allie (Seattle Steam, #3)

“Her life wasn’t some medieval romance novel. And even if it had been, she probably would’ve ended up dying of the plague. Now that was reality.” 1 likes